I'm Suppose to Hate You

Chapter 6.

When I woke up, someone walked into the room. A woman in a simple Grey dress stood at my door. When she saw I was awake, she curtsied.

“Good evening Miss Wentz,” she said in a timid voice. I looked at her.

“Can I help you?” I asked, dazed.

“Mr. Beckett assigned me the job of being your lady in waiting. I’m Caroline,” she said. She motioned at a dress, the same type of cream colored pinstriped material as William’s suit. There was even a fur lining around the shoulders.

“You must be every special to Mr. Beckett,” she said. “If you don’t mind me saying,” she added fearfully. I slid out of bed and stretched.

What...” I yawned, “Would make you say that?” I questioned, walking over to where the dress was hanging. She scampered over to me.

“You see, Dandie tradition states that when a king has a dress made for a girl that matches his clothes, he’s either married to her, or planning to ask her to marry him,” she said.

WOAH! WHAT?” I shouted, causing Caroline to jump back in fear.

“I’m sorry,” she squeaked. I shook my head.

“No, no, no! Caroline, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to scare you,” I said quickly. She nodded.

“Well, Mr. Beckett said when you wake up and get ready to meet him in his office,” Caroline mumbled, looking at her feet. I nodded.

“Caroline, can you do me a favor please? Can you go outside so I can get dressed?” I questioned. She nodded and stepped outside. I sighed and started to strip off my clothes. I slid on the dress and the shoes that matched. I’m not really a girly girl but I like this dress. I walked outside, and saw Caroline, staring intently at me.

“Caroline, go annoy Brendon,” I smiled. She nodded, smiled and ran down the hall. Instead of walking, I flew to his office. I knocked on the door, and opened it. William was standing in front of his window again. He seemed deep in thought. I focused on him, wondering what he was thinking, but I got nothing. Of course, he’s the freakin’ Dandie King, why would he leave his mind unprotected?

“You’re right. Why would I?” William said, not looking from the window. I walked over to him, and looked out the window.

“Why are you looking out the window?” I questioned stupidly. He shrugged.

“It’s what I do when I think,” he replied after a minute. He pointed at the moon. “That’s all I’ve ever seen. I’ve never seen the sun. You see, some vampires, like me, who were born as a vampire. Then, there are people like you, who had to transform,” he said. He gently slid his finger over my puncture wounds, never breaking his gaze of the moon. I shivered. His hands were ice cold. I wasn’t much better, but still. I felt his hand graze mine and I moved it away from him.

“Well, we have somewhere to be, so if you’ll...” he trailed off. He looked from the moon to me and held out his hand.

“I can fly William,” I sighed, crossing my arms. He nodded.

“I know you can. But you don’t know where we’re going, so stop being so stubborn,” he said. I sighed and rolled my eyes in a joking way. I grabbed his hand and when I blinked, we were in town. The place Pete would never let me go. William smiled at me and put his hands on my hips. He lifted me up and sat me on a wall. He joined me on the wall as I saw Pete running towards the group of Dandies. I watched as Pete fought towards us and Patrick, Joe and Andy take on a couple too. When he got close enough, William spoke to Pete.

“Peter. So heartless. You threw your sister out,” William said. Pete looked at us.

“ ‘Ello Peteah,” I smirked. Pete’s eyes got wide.

“No! Beckett! You bastard! That’s my sister!”Pete shouted, running towards us. I put out my hand, something I saw Pete do once and flicked my wrist, and Pete flew in that direction.

“Well Peter, when I brought that up, you said, and I quote ‘You are no family of mine’,” I said, mocking Pete’s angry face. William laughed. Pete slowly stood up.

“Why would I want to be related to someone like that?” I questioned. Pete sighed.

“You’re right. And I’m sorry,” Pete said. “Please, just come home,” Pete begged. When I opened my mouth to say something, William cut me off.

“Sorry Peter, she’s a Dandie now,” William said simply. He put his arm around my shoulder. Pete looked from me to William.

“A...are you two getting married?” Pete asked, shocked. That’s when William and I went back to his office. William looked at me and laughed.

“How I love to mess with him,” William said. He smiled at me. “Emily, can I ask you a question?” William asked. I smirked at him.

“You just did, but feel free to ask another,” I said, sitting on the top of his desk. He stood in front of me. He took my hands loosely in his.

“Well, I’m not too sure if you know this, but we, meaning The Dandies, have a masquerade every year to mark the day we overthrew the...well, I’m not too sure, but I was wondering if you would do me the honor of going with me?” William asked.

“Can I get back to you on that?” I questioned. He nodded and let go of my hands.

“Well, William. Mocking my brother is quite tiring, so I shall retire for the night,” I said. I hugged him tightly, and kissed his cheek. “Goodnight William,” I sighed.

“Goodnight Emily,” he said. He kissed my forehead and when I blinked, I was alone in my room. I slid out of my dress and put on my pajamas. Soon as I laid down, I was fast asleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
You know what would make my day? Comments. Please...comment. Or I'll stop writing cause I don't know if anyone's reading.