I'm Suppose to Hate You

Chapter 7.

When I woke up, I was dazed and for a moment, confused. Then, I remembered that William had asked me to go to a masquerade with him. Would I say yes?

“That’s basically like saying you’ll marry him,” Caroline said, when I told her. “So, would you want to marry him?” she asked. I shrugged.

“I don’t really know him well enough to answer that,” I said. She nodded.

“Well, there’s your answer,” she said, sitting back in her chair.

“Well, I don’t really think that’s a good answer. I mean, he could kick me out,” I said. She nodded.

“Also a valid point,” she said. “So, what are you going to do?” Caroline asked. I shrugged.

“I have no idea. I wish I did, but I don’t,” I sighed. Caroline nodded.

“I’d say yes if I were you,” she sighed. “That way you’ll know if you like him or not,” she shrugged. I nodded.

“I’ll go do that. See you later,” I said, standing up. I walked to William’s office, where there was a fight going on.

“Beckett. This is stupid,” Someone, who sounded like Brendon, shouted.

“Yea! You would know what stupid is,” William sneered.

“All I’m saying is now that you led Wentz to believe that you’re marrying his sister, he wouldn’t stop until he gets her to leave,” the person shouted.

“Don’t you think I know that? It’s a trap. Like I actually care about his sister,” William hissed. My heart, if vampire’s had one, felt like it just got stabbed. I turned on my heel and ran for my room. I threw my door open, almost hitting Caroline with the door.

“How’d it go?” Caroline asked.

“It was a trap. The whole thing,” I squeaked, sliding my jeans on under my dress. I pulled my dress off and put on a shirt. I put on my red sweatshirt and began searching for my shoes.

“A trap?” Caroline asked. “For what?”

“My brother,” I said. I found my Chuck Taylors and put them on. “I can’t believe I fell for it. Pete’s right. Beckett is evil,” I said. I grabbed my bag of stuff.

“Where are you going?” she asked, watching me grab my stuff and shove it into my bag.

“Home,” I sighed. I zipped up my bag. “Nice knowing you,” I said, running for the front door. I got outside and thought of the deserted street. I blinked and showed up there. I walked up the street, hoping Pete was still here. I knocked on the front door. Someone opened the door, after a minute. Pete looked at me.

“It was a trap. A mother fucking trap,” I said, trying not to cry. Pete’s gaze softened and he let me in.

“Pete, can you do me a favor?” I asked.

“What is that Emily?” Pete asked. Tears started to come out my eyes.

“Please don’t say I told you so,” I said, burying my face in his neck. He nodded and wrapped his arms around me protectively. Maybe I cared about William more then I thought.