‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Resurrection Part 1

What is it that makes people hold it together? Is it the adrenalin from life itself? Do people start to appreciate life more when something bad happens to them? Are people so happy to be alive that they can actually look passed all the crazy shit that goes down? Are they able to look to a better future? Or do they just keep it all inside…letting the pain eat at them. Letting the pain just eat them alive…until they finally crack. When they crack…is that why they commit suicide?…Homicide?…Adultery? Do they go into some kind of depression? Do they block out the world? All my life I’ve known what to do…or I’ve been told what to do by my father, he was one who I could count on to guide me…but now…I don’t have anyone to tell me what to do…how to do it…and for the first time in my life…I don’t know what to do. I mean, I could commit suicide…homicide…adultery…but I’m not the type to cheat, let alone help someone cheat, knowingly…I’m not the type to kill people just to kill…and I don’t think I have the guts to kill myself. I would hope some hunter was out to get my father but went for me instead…but it wasn’t possible. My father was a very well-liked man. I would pray that some supernatural creature would just come out of nowhere and kill me…but with my luck I’d be revived somehow. I’m already in depression and I’ve been blocking the world out…but just how long can I keep it up? What will make me crack? How long until I crack…officially?

~

Four months. That’s how long its been since Dean was put into the ground…that’s how long its been since I last saw Sam and Brittney face-to-face. Of course, they call every now and then to check up on me…and I guess they should…who knows what would happen to me if we lost contact all together. We don’t talk about what we’re doing though…they call and ask how I’m doing, I always answer with how do you think I’m doing?…then I ask them the same thing and they reply with the same type of answer. The first month though? None of us talked really. Brit was torn between staying with Sam or coming with me…he was a wreck. I knew he would be…but really, we all were wrecks. I know Sam and Brit got annulled…and something happened between them…but I didn’t push for a straight answer…really, I didn’t want to know…and that was bitchy of me. I called Bobby…once. I could hear it in his voice how wrecked he was…but I owed him at least one call…I owed him more than just one call…but I couldn’t. I didn’t even want calls from Brit or Sam…they were the reasons why I left in the first place. It was too much of Dean put into one. When I looked at Brit, I remembered the times when they were talking and would start laughing and when they had their moments…and then I looked at Sam and saw Dean in his blood stream…I couldn’t do it. Lets face it…I’ve changed…I’ve changed more than ever.

Dean haunts my dreams at night…some nights the dreams are pure memories. Memories of passed cases…of memorable moments we’ve had laughing…of the nights we’ve had together. But, most nights…I dream of Dean being in Hell. Sometimes I’m even watching through his eyes as he yells out in pain while he’s being ripped apart, piece by piece…and then he’s put together again just so it can all start over. I wake up screaming most nights…and then I cry myself back to sleep…and if I’m not that lucky (and I’m usually not) then I’m running to the toilet and spending the night throwing up my guts. I’m not as strong as I once was…and I vowed I would never let myself fall for anyone else like the way I fell for Dean…it couldn’t happen again. I’m all about the drinking and one night stands…and wallowing. I’m all about the wallowing…I’m learning to let go though. I wear his bracelet that I bought for him on our date when we went to the flee market, on one wrist and I wear the one he bought me on my other wrist. I never take off my heart necklace that he gave me for Christmas. I have his helmet too. He wore it so many times trying to get me to let him ride my bike that it still has his scent inside it. I even have one of his leather jackets. It was my favorite on him and he told me he wanted me to have it when he was gone so I wear it whenever I can. I’ll let go…eventually….

~~~~~

Third Person

Heavy breathing. A heart beat. That’s what was pumping through Dean’s ears. He was in a closed off area. A rectangular box. He started to try to yell for help but his voice was all raspy and dried out. He finally was able to punch out of the box and dirt came piling down on him but he pushed himself and he clawed himself out of the ground. He gasped for air as he squinted because the sun light hurt his eyes a little. He pulled himself onto the grass, laying on his stomach. Then, he stood up and looked around. He was in some kind of clearing and there was a cross where he climbed out and everything (all the trees and grass) was flat like a bomb hit the area.

He started walking down the road and found a gas station. He tied a piece of his shirt around his wrist and broke the door window. Then he reached in, opened the door and went straight to the water bottles and he started chugging it. He started to look around and he picked up a newspaper. On it, it said it was September. He went into the bathroom in the back to wash his face. Then he slowly pulled up his shirt and started to have a flashback of when the Hellhound was clawing at his stomach and of when he was in Hell but when he checked himself, there was no mark of any kind on his skin. Now, saying he was completely confused was an understatement. He lifted one of his sleeves and there he saw a red handprint burned onto his shoulder. Then he went back to the store part and grabbed a plastic bag and he started to fill it with chocolate bars and water. He quickly grabbed some Skin magazines and smirked and then grabbed some money from the cash register. As he was doing this, the TV suddenly turned on and there was only white noise. He turned it off and then the radio started playing and the TV turned back on. Dean started to think fast and grab the salt and he started to spread it across the windowsills but then there was this loud ringing sound, it’s almost like a screeching irritation sound and he couldn’t take it, he had to cover his ears. The windows smashed. He fell to the ground. Then it just stopped.

“What the hell?” he muttered and rushed out.

He ran to a phone booth right outside and tried Sam’s number but it said it wasn’t in order. Then he tried Brittney’s and the same thing happened. Then he tried Bobby…but Bobby picked up.

“Yeah?”

“Bobby? It’s me,” Dean said, hesitantly. “Who’s me?” Bobby asked. “Dean,” he replied and Bobby immediately hung up.

Dean dialed the number again. “Who is this?”

“Bobby listen to me…”

“This ain’t funny. Call me again and I’ll kill you.” And with that Bobby hung up again.

Then, he tried his last hope. “Hey, you’ve reached Melissa, I can’t get to the phone right now cause I’m off saving lives. Leave a message”

But, Dean just hung up and smiled to himself. In the message, he couldn’t help but smile at Melissa’s fake perky tone. He sighed in frustration though…but then he saw an old car down the street and no one was around…so he raced toward it, hotwired it and then took off.

~

He got to Bobby’s house and took a deep breath as he knocked on the door. Bobby walked over to open it. When he did, he saw Dean standing there. “Surprise?” he tried. “I don’t…” Bobby started backing up.

“Yea, me either” he replied, walking inside. “But here I am” he added.

Then out of no where, Bobby tried to attack him with a knife but Dean started to defend himself. Bobby punched him in the face and it threw Dean back into the living room. “Bobby it’s me!” Dean tried pleading as he quickly put a chair between them. “My ass” he said and started toward him again.

“Wait! Your name is Robert Steven Singer, you became a hunter after your wife got possessed, you’re about the closest thing I have to a father!” Dean said at a quick pace. Bobby paused. “Bobby…it’s me,” Dean tried again.

Bobby slowly went forward and touched him on the shoulder…but then raised the knife again but Dean was quicker and blocked it and held onto his arm. “I’m not a shape shifter!” he said. “Then you’re a revenant!” Bobby argued, fighting back.

Dean shoved him off, and he had the knife now. “Alright, if I was either, could I do this with a silver knife?” Dean asked, and cuts his arm. Bobby stared at the normal blood dripping down Dean‘s arm.

“Dean?” he said, incredulous. “That’s what I’ve been trying to tell you,” Dean sighed.

Bobby went forward and hugged him tightly, and Dean hugged him back. “It’s good to see you, boy,” Bobby said, smiling at him as tears filled his eyes and they pulled away. “Yeah you too,” Dean replied.

“But…how did you bust out?” Bobby asked.

“I don’t know. I just…I just woke up in a pine box…” Then Bobby suddenly splashed his face with holy water. “I’m not a demon either, you know,” he said, spitting the water out of his mouth.

“Sorry,” Bobby replied, lowering his holy water flask. “Can’t be too careful.”

Dean bandaged up his arm and him and Bobby started to walk through out the house.

“That don’t make a lick of sense,” Bobby says. “Dean, your chest was ravaged. Your insides were slop. And you’ve been buried four months! Even if you could slip out of Hell and back into your meat suit…”

“I know,” Dean interrupted, drying off his face with a towel. “I should look like a Thriller video reject.”

“What do you remember?” Bobby asked as he sat down.

“Not much. I remember I was a hellhound’s chew toy. Then…lights out. Then I come to, six feet under. That’s it…Sam and Brittney’s number’s aren’t working and Mel’s went straight to voicemail, they’re not picking up” Dean begun.

“They’re alive, as far as I know”

“Good…” he said, being relieved but then stopped himself. “What do you mean, as far as you know?”

“I haven’t talked to them for months,” Bobby admitted. “You’re kidding, you just let them go off by themselves?” Dean said, shocked.

“They were all dead-set on it…actually I think they went their separate ways” Bobby replied and stood again.

What?”

“Well, Brit might still be with Sam somewhere but I know for sure Melissa isn’t with them”

“Bobby, you should’ve been looking after them.” Dean said.

“I tried. These last months haven’t been exactly easy you know, for them or me. We had to bury you.”

“Why did you bury me, anyway?” Dean asks.

“I wanted you salted and burned, usual drill,” Bobby begins. “But Sam, Melissa and Brittney wouldn’t have it.”

“Well I’m glad they won that one,” Dean said.

“They said you’d need a body when they got you back home somehow,” Bobby continued. “That’s about all they said.”

“What do you mean?” Dean asked.

“They were both quiet. Real quiet…especially Melissa. Then… she just took off and then Sam and Brittney did the same,” Bobby told him. “Mel took off on her bike, giving Brittney the truck…Sam and Brit took off together…Brit called a few times…and Mel called once but after a while, none of them just would return my calls… I tried to find them, but…none of them want to be found.”

“Aw, damn it guys” Dean cursed and rubbed his forehead in frustration. “What?” Bobby asked.

“Oh, they got me home okay. But whatever they did, it is bad mojo.”

“What makes you so sure?”

“You should’ve seen the gravesite. It was like a nuke went off. And then there was this force, this presence…it blew past me at a fill-up joint. And then this.”

Then Dean pulled up his shoulder sleeve and showed him the mark. “What the hell?” Bobby said, shocked.

“It looks like a demon just yanked me out. Or rode me out,” Dean said. “But why?” Bobby wondered. “To hold up their end of the bargain,” Dean said, upset. “You think one of them made a deal?” Bobby asked. “It’s what I would’ve done” Dean said quietly.

Later on, Dean called the cell phone company and tried to get a GPS signal on Melissa but couldn’t find one so then he asked for a signal on Sam’s and they got it. The spot was loading.

“Hey, Bobby? What’s the deal with the liquor store? Your parents out of town or something?” he asked, seeing the many empty bottles.

“Like I said, the last few months…aint been all that easy”

Dean stayed silent and then turned back to the screen. “Sam’s in Pontiac, Illinois”

“Right where you were planted” Bobby stated.

“Right where I popped up…a hell of a coincidence, don’t you think?”

~~

So, Dean and Bobby got to a motel in Pontiac, Illinois and walked up to a room and knocked. The door was opened by a very pretty, petite girl in a belly shirt and short shorts with black wavy hair.

“So where is it?” she asked. “Where’s what?” Dean asked. “The pizza? That takes two delivery guys to deliver?” she said sarcastically.

“I think we got the wrong room…” Dean started saying but then he saw Sam walk in from the bathroom.

“Is…” Sam started to say but stopped when he saw who was at the door.

“Hey ya, Sammy” Dean said, smiling.

He stepped forward but Sam flung at him with a knife. Bobby yanked him off Dean. “Who are you?!” Sam yelled. “Like you didn’t do this” Dean yelled back. “Do what?” Sam replied. “It’s him Sam, it’s him, I’ve been through this already” Bobby tried explaining.

“What…” Sam said, unsure if this was real...if Dean was real. “I know” Dean said with a small smile as Bobby let go of Sam. “I look fantastic huh” he added.

Sam jumped at Dean and hugged him as he began to hug back. They finally pulled away. “So are you like…together?” the girl asked.

“What?…oh no. No. He’s my brother” Sam said.

“Oh…got it…I guess…I should probably…go”

“Yea, yea that’s probably a good idea. Sorry”

She walked out. “So...call me” she said.

“Yea…yea” Sam replied, leaning on the door frame. “Sure thing, Kathy”

“Kristy” she corrected. “Right” he said, awkwardly and she walked away. Sam shut the door and sat on the bed.

“So tell me, what did it cost?” Dean asked, as him and Bobby stared at Sam.

“The girl?” Sam asked, with a smirk. “I don’t pay, Dean.”

“That’s not funny, Sam. To bring me back,” Dean said. “What did it cost? Was it just your soul, or something worse?”

“You think I made a deal?” Sam asked. “That’s exactly what we think,” Bobby put in.

“Well I didn’t,” Sam replied.

“So Melissa did. Or did you get Brittney to do it”

“They didn’t do it either”

“How do you know?”

“Because I’ve actually stayed in contact with them”

“Don’t lie to me,” Dean said, staring Sam down. “I’m not lying,” Sam said, putting on his shoes.

“So what now, I’m off the hook and you’re on? Is that it?” Dean asked, moving closer. “You’re some demon’s bitch boy? I didn’t want to be saved like this.”

Sam stood up, obviously upset. “Dean, I wish I had done it, alright?”

Dean grabbed the front of his shirt. “There’s no other way this could’ve gone down. Now tell the truth!”

“We tried everything, that’s the truth!” Sam said, pushing Dean off of him. “I tried opening the Devil’s Gate, hell I tried to bargain, Dean, but no demon would deal, alright? Melissa wanted to go down there for you herself Dean, I think she knew a way on how to do it, witch craft or something, honestly I thought she was crazy for thinking she could go down to Hell herself and bring you back but even so, I wouldn’t let her, I made her promise she wouldn’t…"

He paused. "You were rotting in Hell for months. For months, and we couldn’t stop it. So I’m sorry it wasn’t me, alright? Dean, I’m sorry.” Sam explained and tears built up in his eyes.

Dean suddenly felt bad for accusing his little brother. “It’s okay, Sammy…you don’t have to apologize, I believe you” he said gently.

Then there was silence. “Don’t get me wrong, I’m glad that Sam’s soul is still intact, but it does raise the million dollar question” Bobby mentioned. “If neither Sam, Brittney or Melissa pulled me out. Then what did” Dean spoke.

~

Sam walked over to the fridge to get them all beers. “So what were you doing around here, if you weren’t digging me out of my grave?” Dean asked.

“Well once I figured out I couldn’t save you, I started hunting down Lilith…trying to get some payback.” Sam explained.

“All by yourself…who do you think you are, your old man?”

“I’m sorry Bobby, I should’ve called. I was pretty messed up,” Sam said.

Dean got up and held up a girls bra. “Oh yeah. I really feel your pain”

“I wasn’t that alone…Brittney came back around…” he said, gesturing to the bra.

“Hold up…this is Brittney’s…and then there was another girl in the room…oh Sammy” Dean shook his head.

“We’re broken up, Dean…we just have…moments…that’s all we are”

“I don’t understand” he sighed.

“It’s a long story” Sam said and there was regret in his voice. “She should be back soon though, she just stepped out to get some more drinks”

“And Melissa?”

“Dean…” Sam shook his head. “Melissa couldn’t have anything to do with me…there was too much of you whenever I was around her”

“What about Brittney? It’s nothing like Melissa to just up and leave her like that”

“She didn’t…her and Brittney spent some time together before Brittney came back and we haven’t seen her since…”

“Have you heard from her at all?” Dean asked as his eyes widened and he felt his pulse quickened slightly as he began to worry a little.

“Dean…you told me and Brittney to take care of her before you died…we keep track of where she is and we call her to make sure she’s still alive…that’s been the best we could do…recently it’s just been going to voicemail but she doesn’t move around much…”

“Where is she now?”

“Last time I checked, she was in a motel just a few miles from here”

Then, Dean stood, ready to leave but then the door flew open. “Hey, Sam, I’m…” Brittney started but froze in her place and she dropped the big paper bag she was carrying as some glass broke and beer started to seep through the bag onto the floor but no one moved.

“Hey there, Short Stuff” Dean said lightly, smiling at her.

She stared at him in shock, swinging the door shut. She looked at Sam and Bobby for some kind of clarification as to what was going on. “No…it cant be…” she said quietly. “Sam?…Bobby?”

“It’s really him, Brit” Bobby said.

“Oh my God” she gasped and then lunged into his arms, hugging him tight as he hugged back. “But…how?”

“We don’t know yet…but I think I’d rather discuss it more when we have the whole team together” Dean said and all she could do was nod.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333