‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Halloween

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~+~+~+~+~
So…after a whole lot of abnormality, we finally started to get some normalcy back into our lives…or things got as normal as it gets when it comes to our lives. We started to work cases again and it felt great to just kick ass as a team again. One case involved a bunch of old school movie monsters like the old fashion werewolf and vampire sightings and it was all just one guy dressed up as Dracula who was an old movie-nerd buff after his leading lady Mina Murray who was actually just a small town girl who worked at a bar. Then, he tried killing Dean who he portrayed as Jonathan Harker since Dean was having a thing with the bar tender…yea, this guy was going all out…and I kept having this gut wrenching feeling inside me when I saw Dean and the girl making out…but I tried to push it aside.

Our next case started out as just some regular, really healthy guy dying and Dean had to hold the heart while spleen juice squirted all over me, Brit and Sam. We found out that the case was actually this kind of ghost sickness that was like the flu but it only effected dicks who used fear to scare others…and of course, Dean caught it. It was obvious he could be a big dick sometimes and he tried to pin us as being the same way since all we do is scare people but it just proved that he’s a bigger dick than we are. But, anyway, it was up to us to save Dean before he scared himself to death (literally) and in order to do that, we had to gank the ghost that started it all…and Bobby joined us to help us out on that one. But, before we found the ghost…watching Dean’s symptoms was too funny. He started our scratching his arms until they started to bleed…that part was gross…but the funny part was how every little thing scared him so badly that I was ready for him to say that he pissed his pants. First, a tiny dog chasing after him scared him…that was pathetic in a way…but then at one point, a cat jumped out of no where and Dean screamed like a little girl for like five whole minutes and that just made me laugh my ass off. I even set up some stuff to scare Dean…which I got in trouble for by Sam and Brittney…said something about scaring him to death sooner than when it’s supposed to happen. It was all just too funny though. But, the fun ended when we got the ghost and scared it to…after death I guess you could say.

Wanna know what’s going on now? Sure ya do, cause my life is so interesting…it is one day before Halloween…my least favorite holiday of the year. I’ve always hated Halloween. When I was younger, all the little girls would dress up like princesses or fairies and it disgusted me…then we got older and they dressed up like whores and sluts…not that they needed Halloween as an excuse to do it…and yea, I was one of them…but it was just for kicks. To get my flirt on…but in general…I hate Halloween…always have.

And where else should I spend the holiday I hate than being on a case for the job that I hate. Some dude was found with four razor blades in his stomach, one was lodged in his throat and two were on the floor where he was laying and while we questioned the wife and checked out the kitchen, we found a hex bag. We looked into the guy, did our homework…and after some pieces of candy, I analyzed the hex bag and told them that it wasn’t a regular hex bag. It had this herb that has been extinct for two hundred years and it had a Celtic that was the real deal so it was like 600 years old…and then Dean picked up a charred-up looking thing and he smelt it…that was when I told him it was a charred metacarpal bone of a newborn baby…and I took pleasure in the fact that he was disgusted. But, then, of course, it led to him making a crack about how I turned to witch craft when he went to Hell and how witches are sceevy…and that ended the joke as I glared at him. But, anyway, this hex bag had a lot of juice in it and we couldn’t find anything on Luke Wallace that would make someone want him dead. Which was just perfect for us. Then, there was another incident at a party with teenagers in costumes and it definitely brought back memories. A girl died from drowning when she went bobbing for apples…and while Dean was flirting with the poor girl in a cheerleader costume, we found another hex bag. So, night fell and we’re back at the motel, doing more research…fun.

“Really, guys, both these vic’s are squeaky clean. There is no reason for a wicked bitch payback” I said, shaking my head, annoyed at this damn research that was getting no where. I always hated homework.

“Maybe cause it’s not about that” Brit said. “Wow, insightful” Dean said, sarcastically.

“Maybe this witch isn’t working the grudge, maybe they’re working a spell. Check this out…three blood sacrifices over three days, the last before midnight on the final day of the final harvest. Celtic Calendar, the final day of the final harvest is October 31st” Sam read from a book.

“Halloween” Dean and I both stated. “Exactly” Brit and Sam both said.

“What exactly are the…blood sacrifices for?” I asked. “If I’m right, this witch is summoning a demon, and not just any demon, Samhain” Sam said.

“Am I supposed to be impressed?” Dean questioned.

“Dean, Samhain is the damn origin of Halloween. The Celts believe that October 31st was the one night of the year when the veil was the thinnest between the living and the dead, and it was Samhain’s night” Brit explained.

“Masks were put on to hide from him, sweets left on doorsteps to appease him, faces carved into pumpkins to worship him. He was exorcised centuries ago…I’m surprised you don’t know about this, Mel” Sam said.

“Yea, well, Halloween isn’t exactly my favorite holiday”

“What happened? Did someone ruin Halloween for you as a teenager?” Dean quipped.

“Yea, you did dickhead” I said and threw a piece of candy at him. “Oh, right” he chuckled and Sam and Brit just gave us confused looks.

I just shook my head. “So even though Samhain took a trip downstairs the tradition stuck” I assumed. “Exactly, only now instead of demons and blood orgy’s Halloween is all about kids, candy and costumes” Brit said.

“Okay, so some witch wants to raise Samhain and take back the night?” Dean said, skeptically. “Dean, this is serious” Sam stated. “He is serious” I rolled my eyes.

“We’re talking heavyweight witchcraft. This ritual can only be performed every six hundred years” Brit said. “And the six hundred year marker rolls around tomorrow night” I assumed.

“Yahtzee”

“Well it sure is a lot of death and destruction for one demon” Dean said.

“That’s because he likes company. Once he's raised, Samhain can do some raising of his own” Sam replied.

“Raising what, exactly?”

“Dark, evil crap and lots of it, I mean, they follow him around like the friggin' Pied Piper”

“So we're talking ghosts”

“Yeah”

“Zombies”

“Mm-hmm”

“Leprechauns?”

“Dean” I narrowed my eyes at him and gave him a face.

“Those little dudes are scary. Small hands”

“Look, it just starts with ghosts and ghouls, this sucker keeps on going, by nights end we are talking every awful thing we have ever seen. Everything we fight, all in one place” Sam said.

“It’s gonna be a slaughterhouse” Brit said and Sam nodded.

Well…I heard of the dead walking the Earth on Halloween but I never actually took it seriously…goes to show how much I’ve learned in my years of hunting.

The next day…it’s Halloween now, I mind you…while Sam and Brit were at the motel, Dean and I were sitting outside the Wallace’s house, in the Impala, after questioning the wife again and Dean ate another piece of candy.

“You’re going to get a stomach ach” I warned.

“I am not” he said but I saw how he shifted in his seat slightly and I smirked.

“Mmhmm”

“Shut up” he replied and then his phone rang.

“Hey…awesome, yeah, we talked with Mrs. Razor Blade again. We’ve been sitting out in front of her house for hours and we’ve got a big steamy pile of nothing…yeah, well I hope we find ‘em soon cause I’m starting to cramp like a…”

“Dean” I said to get his attention.

We both saw Tracy, the girl that was at the party and told us that she didn’t know who Luke was, walk up to the Wallace’s door. “Son of a bitch…no, Sam, I mean, son of a bitch” Dean said into the phone and we watched as Mrs. Wallace opened the door for Tracy with a baby in her arms. That lying bitch.

Dean and I got back to the motel and walked into the room to see Sam on the bed with his laptop in his lap and Brit was reading some book. “So, our apple bobbing cheerleader?” Sam asked. “Tracy?” Brit added.

“Yep. The Wallace’s babysitter, told me she never even heard of Luke Wallace” Dean said. “Huh, interesting look for a centuries old witch” Brit commented.

“Yeah, well, if you were a six-hundred-year hag and you could pick any costume to come back in, wouldn't you go for a hot cheerleader? I would, hmm…” Dean said, sitting down on the other bed and he got lost in his own little world, imagining the thought.

Brit and I just scoffed and rolled our eyes as Sam furrowed his eyes at his brother and Brit and I joined the boys on the two beds.

“Well, Tracy’s not as wholesome as she looks. Did some digging, apparently she got into a violent altercation with one of her teachers, got suspended from school” Sam said.

He showed us a site where it had all of Tracy’s information that the school had, saying she was suspended for a violent act on a teacher so that’s exactly where we went next.

We got to the high school and walked into an art room and I saw Dean look up at some masks hanging on the wall and I heard some screaming and screeching in my ears so then I narrowed my eyes at him and punched him in the arm.

“Cut it out” I hissed.

“What?” he asked, annoyed.

“Stop remembering whatever you’re remembering. It’s giving me a migraine” I whispered. “…sorry” he murmured.

Then, I lightened up a little and went to apologize and tell him to just talk about it with me…. “Bring back memories?” Sam asked before I could.

“What do you mean?” Dean tensed up.

“Being a teenager, all that angst”

“Yea…what I could remember anyway” I said and nudged Dean. “What’d you think I meant?” Sam asked.

“Nothing” Dean replied.

I gave him a (sort of sad) look and shook my head…then some guy walked in, introducing himself as Don…but I think he liked his name a little too much since he kept repeating it to tell us that’s what we should call him since his students do too. We introduced ourselves as agents wanting to talk to him about Tracy. He explained how she would have ‘clawed out his eyes’ if the principal didn’t walk in because he critiqued her work that had gotten inappropriate and disturbing…and just from the sound of it, I had to agree. He said she was drawing bizarre cryptic symbols and drawings of detailed killings and she would put herself in the middle of them, participating. Told us she would be at her apartment right now since she was emancipated. With that, we left. We checked the apartment but Tracy was nowhere to be found and her friends don’t know where she is either. She could be making the third sacrifice at any time…it didn’t really give us much time.

We got back to the motel and headed toward the room when a kind of fat kid in an astronaut costume came up to us. “Trick or treat” he said, holding up a bucket.

“This is a motel” Dean reminded.

“So?”

“So we don’t have any candy”

“Don’t be rude” I nudged him.

“No, we have a ton in the uh…” Sam started. “We did, but it’s gone” Dean said, quickly. “We have some in the…” Brit started. “Nope, that’s gone too” I said, crossing my arms, looking at Dean. “Sorry kid, we can’t help ya” was what he said.

“I want candy”

“Well, I think you’ve had enough”

I hit him in the arm. He gave me a what do you want from me look. Sam and Brit kept walking. The astronaut glared at Dean and Dean was taken back by the harsh look as he pushed passed Dean and kept going while he put his arms up in defense. I just shook my head at him and kept walking. Then, I heard Sam and Brit shout in surprise as they got into the room so Dean and I rushed into the room and saw Brit and Sam had their guns pointed at Castiel.

“Sam! Brit wait! It’s Castiel” Dean said and we got them to lower their guns. “The angel” I confirmed. Then, I saw a slightly taller black man standing by the window. “Him, we don’t know” I added.

“Hello Sam. Brittney” Castiel greeted.

“Oh my God…uh I didn’t mean to. Sorry. It’s an honor, really, I…” Sam stammered. “We’ve heard a lot about you” Brit helped him out a little even though she was just as dumbstruck as he was.

I saw as Dean shut the door, Brit held out her hand and Castiel was a little confused as to what to do with it but she shook it slightly and he caught on so he grabbed her hand with his and they shook hands.

“And I, you, Brittney Hails…and Sam Winchester…” he said, shaking Sam’s hand as well. “The kids with the demon blood…glad to see you’ve both ceased your extracurricular activities”

I saw Brit and Sam’s smiles faltered slightly but I stepped forward to be at Brit’s side and help her feel some support from me. “Let’s keep it that way” the black man spoke, still keeping his back toward us.

“Yeah, okay, chuckles” Dean said, getting to my side. “Who’s your friend?” I gestured to the man.

“This the raising of Samhain, have you stopped it?” Cas ignored me as he kept staring at Sam and Brit. “Why?” I asked.

“Melissa, have you located the witch?”

“Yes, we’ve located the witch”

“And is the witch dead?”

“No, but…” Sam started.

“We know who it is” Brit finished.

“Apparently the witch knows who you are too” Cas said as he walked over to a table and showed us a hex bag. “This was inside the wall of your room. If we hadn’t found it, surely one or all of you would be dead. Do you know where the witch is now?” We all exchanged a look.

“We’re working on it” Dean concluded.

“That’s unfortunate”

“What do you care?” I asked.

“The raising of Samhain is one of the 66 seals”

“So this is about your buddy Lucifer”

“Lucifer is no friend of ours” the unnamed man spoke.

“It’s just an expression” I assured him, slowly.

“Lucifer cannot rise, the breaking of the seal must be prevented at all costs” Cas continued. “Okay, great, well now that you’re here, why don’t you tell us where the witch is, we’ll gank her and everybody goes home” Dean said.

“We are not omniscient, this witch is very powerful, she’s cloaked even our methods”

“Okay, well we already know who she is, so if we work together…” Sam started. “Enough of this” the man interrupted again as he turned to face us.

“Okay, who are you and why should I care?” I asked as I crossed my arms and he stared me down but I wasn’t fazed.

“This is Uriel, he’s what you might call a…specialist” Cas said. “What kind of specialist?” Dean asked.

But, then Uriel nodded at Cas as they exchanged a look. I suddenly, became apprehensive. “What are you gonna do?” I asked.

“You uh all of you, you need to leave this town immediately”

“Why?”

“Because we’re about to destroy it” he answered and the four of us exchanged a look.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333