‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Halloween Part 2

This is your plan?” I asked him. “You’re gonna smite the whole friggin’ town?” Dean questioned.

“We’re out of time, this witch has to die, the seal must be saved”

“There are a thousand people here” Sam said. “One thousand two hundred fourteen” Uriel corrected. “And you’re willing to kill them all?” Brit questioned.

“This isn’t the first time I’ve…purified a city”

“Look, I understand this is regrettable but we have to hold the line; too many seals have broken already”

Regrettable?” I inquired, incredulous. “So you screw the pooch on some seals and this town has to pay the price?” Dean questioned.

“It’s the lives of one thousand against the lives of six billion, there’s a bigger picture here”

“Right, cause you’re bigger picture kind of guys”

But, then Cas stepped toward Dean. “Lucifer cannot rise, he does and Hell rises with him. Is that something that you’re willing to risk?” he emphasized.

“We'll stop this witch before she does her summoning mojo. Your seal won't be broken and no one has to die” Brit tried.

“We're wasting time with these mud monkeys” Uriel said and I just narrowed my eyes at him. “I’m sorry, but we have our orders” Cas said, turning to Uriel.

“No, you can’t do this, you’re angels, I mean aren’t you supposed to…you’re supposed to show mercy” Sam said and Uriel started to laugh quietly.

“Says who?” Uriel asked. “We have no choice” Cas said.

“Of course you have a choice” I shook my head at him. “You’ve never questioned a crap order, huh? What are you both, just a couple of hammers?” Dean asked.

“Look, even if you can’t understand it, have faith, the plan is just”

“How can you even say that?” Brit asked.

“Because it comes from heaven, that makes it just”

“Oh, it must be nice to be so sure of yourselves” Dean commented.

“Tell me something Dean, when your father gave you an order, didn’t you obey?…and Melissa, when your father gave you an order…didn’t you obey?”

I stayed silent and just kept staring at him. “Well sorry boys, looks like the plans have changed” I said, looking at both him and Uriel. “You think you can stop us?” Uriel asked.

Dean got slightly in Uriel’s face. “No, but if you’re gonna smite this whole town, then you’re gonna have to smite us with it, because we are not leaving. See, you went to the trouble of busting me out of Hell, I figure I’m worth something to the man upstairs. So you wanna waste me, go ahead, see how he digs that”

“I will drag you out of here myself” Uriel threatened.

“Yea, but then you’ll have to kill me to get to him and once you get to him, we’re back to the same problem” I stepped forward to Dean’s side, staring Uriel down.

He really didn’t scare me and if he thought he did, he had another thing coming. I felt Dean’s eyes on me for a split second but recollected himself. “She’s right…” he shrugged. “I mean, come on, you're gonna wipe out a whole town for one little witch. Sounds to me like you're compensating for something” he said.

I turned back to face Cas. “We can do this, we will find that witch and we will stop the summoning” I told him.

“Castiel! I will not let these people…” Uriel started. “Enough!” Cas interrupted, holding a hand up. Then, he stared at Dean and I and it seemed like he was considering it. “I suggest you move quickly” he said and I felt some relief.

We walked outside and over to the truck and the Impala…and Impala, however, was covered in eggs…a classic Halloween prank. “Astronaut!” Dean yelled in anger and Brit and I tried to hide our laughter as we got to the truck.

But when we got in, I saw her mood change and she seemed upset. “What’s wrong, Brit?” I asked.

“Nothing…I guess I just thought they’d be different” she said.

“The angels?” I asked. She nodded. “Since when are you into the whole angel bit?”

“Since Sam and I first dating…and I guess when we broke up, knowing about angels and God was what I needed to believe in” she sighed, rolling her eyes. “I just…I don’t know, thought they’d be righteous”

“Well that’s kind of the problem. They are righteous. There’s nothing more dangerous than some ass who thinks he’s on a holy mission”

“But, I mean, this is what I’ve started praying to?”

“Look…I know you’ve been somewhat into the whole God and Jesus thing and how you started to be more into it…but ,just because there’s a couple bad apples doesn’t mean the whole barrel’s rotten…”

“Sounds like something Dean would say” she muttered.

“Yea, well, you know how much I’ve been around him…for all we know, God hates these dickheads…don’t give up on the stuff”

She just nodded. “Speaking of, though, how did Dean ruin Halloween for you?”

“Well…it was just one Halloween but I wanted to at least try and enjoy it the one year he decided to try and ruin it for me…he pulled pranks on me the whole time and then scared the Hell out of me when night came and hit on all our friends at the party we went to just to annoy me…yea, it was a bad dream” I chuckled and she just smiled, nodding.

Then, I started up the truck and followed the boys out of the parking lot. We stopped by the high school once the guys told us that Sam thinks Tracy used the kiln to char the bone…but then Sam said the hex bag didn’t turn up after we talked to Tracy, it turned up after we talked to the teacher. We inspected Don’s desk and found a latch. Sam got a hammer and broke the lock and then opened the drawer to see a bowl of bones, some were charred, some weren’t. It was disturbing.

Night fell and we found the basement where Tracy and Don were. He was reciting some kind of spell as she was tied up with the rope hanging from the ceiling and a rag was in her mouth. Don raised a knife to stab Tracy but we quickly fired our guns at him and he fell to the ground. We raced to Tracy and quickly got to her and cut her down and she ripped the gag out of her mouth.

“Thank you, he was gonna kill me! Ugh, that sick son of a bitch. I mean, did you see what he was doing? Did you hear him? How sloppy his incantation was?” she said and my eyes widened.

“My brother…always was a little dim” she spoke, evilly and we all took out our guns but she threw up her hand, yelling some kind incantation and we all flew back, hitting the floor and we were all writhing in pain.

“He was gonna make me the final sacrifice, his idea, but now, that honor goes to him. Our master’s return? The spell work’s a two man job you understand, so for six hundred years I had to deal with that pompous son of a bitch. Planning, preparing, unbearable. The whole time I wanted to rip his face off” she said with venom and I lifted my head to see her poke at Don’s bullet wound with the knife.

“And you get him with a gun, uh, love that…” She made her back to the table with some supplies on it. “You know, back in the day, this was the one day you kept your children inside. Well tonight you’ll all see what Halloween really is” she said.

Then, she started some other incantation and all of sudden, I saw Sam holding his stomach in pain as he slid over to Don and he started to put some of Don’s blood on my face. My jaw dropped as I was utterly disgusted.

“Dude, what are you doing?” I hissed. “Just follow our lead” Brit whispered back as she put some more blood on my face and some on her own as Sam put some on Dean’s face and his own. I exchanged a look with Dean as he had the same look I did.

Then, Sam quickly got away from Don and as Tracy finished the incantation, I felt the pain inside me stop and I saw Brit and Sam lie still on the floor with their eyes shut so I did the same but I couldn’t help but peek and see Don’s body rise…only…I knew it wasn’t Don anymore...it was Samhain. He kissed Tracy. “My love” she spoke.

“You’ve aged”

“This face…I can’t fool you”

“Your beauty is beyond time”

Then, he just snapped her neck and she fell to the floor. “Whore”

Then, he turned around to look at all of us and I shut my eyes again. I felt his vibrations on the floor as he walked toward us. He stopped…sniffed the air…and then continued walking, shutting the door behind him. We all opened our eyes again.

“What the hell was that?” Dean whispered. “Halloween lore, people used to wear masks to hide from him” Brit shrugged. “So we gave it a shot” Sam added. “You gave it a shot?!” I hissed and just shook my head in disbelief.

We got back out on the street and headed toward the Impala and the truck as we were wiping the blood off with towels we found. “Where the hell are we gonna find this mook?” Dean asked.

“Where would you go to raise other dark forces of the night?” Brit questioned. “The cemetery” I answered. “Yeah” Sam nodded and we took off.

“So uhh…this demon’s pretty powerful…Sam and I both discussed it and…it might take more than just the usual weapons” she said.

“Brit, no. We agreed. No more psychic whatever…Ruby’s knife is enough. The angels said so…”

“Thought Dean said they were a bunch of fanatics”

“Well, they’re right about this one”

“I don’t know, Mel…”

“Well, like you said, it’s like playing with fire…please” I begged. She didn’t respond though. She just kept her head forward. I sighed to myself.

We quickly got to a mausoleum and rushed down the stairs to see a bunch of teenagers trying to get out but the gates were locked. “Help them” Sam said. “Dude, you aren’t going alone” Dean said. “I’ll go with him” Brit volunteered and they both ran off in a direction.

“Stand back!” I shouted and the teenagers backed up and I shot at the lock and then kicked the gates open. “Go on, come on, get out, move!” Dean yelled and they all started to pour out. Dean and I walked forward and the rectangular doors of the crypts around us started to shake and break off, falling to the ground.

I smelt the iron and copper and saw blood was splattered around one of them. Then, a zombie started to crawl out and stand. Then, another did the same and then they started to just come out and head for us. Dean pulled out two silver stakes, handing me one and we were ready. We started swinging as one after the other started to lunge at us. We stabbed zombie one after the other and then Dean was thrown into the wall and I raced to his side to help him up quickly.

“Zombie ghost orgy huh? Well, that’s it, I’m torching everybody” he grunted. “Lets do it” I grinned, loving the idea of just burning all of them, and we took out all the damn zombies…they were just annoying.

Once, that was done with, we took off in the direction Brit and Sam went in and we started looking for them…but when we rounded a corner, we saw both Sam and Brit, each holding a hand up to Samhain and he was struggling against the force that he was feeling. My face fell as I watched them using their powers and I saw them both struggling slightly so bad that their noses started to bleed…and Brit was never a nose bleeder. I watched as they exorcised Samhain and I felt tears fill my eyes as I did so. Don’s body fell to the ground and Brit and Sam exchanged looks before they turned to come face-to-face with Dean and I and I knew Dean had the same look I did, I didn’t have to look at him. I felt sad…betrayed…worried…frustrated…but worst of all…I felt like I was losing my best friend.

Brittney’s POV

Thank goodness Halloween was over. It was the next day as Sam and I were packing in the motel room while Mel and Dean went for a quick drive in the Impala and I felt nervous just to face Melissa after what she saw.

“They’re gonna be fine…don’t worry too much” Sam said to me and all I could do was nod. He grabbed my hand and rubbed it with his thumb but I could barely get the courage to even look at him.

“Tomorrow…” a voice said and I jumped slightly as Sam and I turned to see Uriel. “November 2nd, it’s an anniversary for you” he addressed Sam.

“What are you doing here?” Sam asked.

“It’s the day Azazel killed your mother, and 22 years later your girlfriend too. It must be difficult to bear, yet you so brazenly use the power he gave you. His profane blood pumping through your veins…and you. Azazel killed your family and yet you still use the same power…” he shook his head.

“Excuse me?” I spoke, crossing my arms.

“You were both told not to use your abilities”

“And what were we supposed to do? That demon would have killed Sam, me, and Melissa and Dean and everyone”

“You were told not to”

“If Samhain had gotten loose in this town…” Sam started.

“You’ve been warned twice now”

“You know? My brother was right about you, you are dicks”

Then, a small breeze blew my hair as Uriel was now in our faces. “The only reason you’re still alive Sam Winchester and Brittney Hails is because you’ve both have been useful. But the moment that ceases to be true, the second you two become more trouble than you’re worth, one word. One, and I will turn you both to dust” he threatened and I felt us both back off, defeated.

“As for your brother, tell him that maybe he should climb off that high horse of his, ask Dean what he remembers from Hell…and Melissa? Well, ask her about her dreams lately” Then, in an instant, he was gone.

My POV

Dean and I were at a park, sitting side by side on a bench while we watched kids play. We were silent. “Do you really see and hear everything I did…the stuff from Hell…” he finally said and I felt his eyes glancing at me but I kept my head forward.

“More than that…I dream about every moment you had down there…I remember whatever you remember…and it isn’t something I want”

“Well, it isn’t something I want either…I would never want you to even witness what I was put through” I heard his voice crack slightly.

I gave him a sad look and put a hand on his leg to get him to relax. Then…I moved closer to him and I fit perfectly under his arm as I wrapped my arms around him, securely. I felt a strong presence coming and I knew it was Castiel as he appeared on my other side on the bench. None of us looked at each other but Dean and I just knew it was him.

“Let me guess you’re here for the, I told you so” Dean said.

“No”

“Good cause we’re really not that interested” I said.

“I am not here to judge either of you, Melissa”

“Then why are you here?” Dean asked.

“Our orders…”

“Yeah, you know, I’ve had about enough of these orders of yours…”

“Our orders were not to stop the summoning of Samhain, they were to do whatever you two told us to do” he said and I let go of Dean, sitting up straight as Dean leaned forward to put his elbows on his knees and we looked at Castiel, stunned.

“Your orders were to follow our orders?” I questioned.

“It was a test, to see how you would perform under…battlefield conditions, you might say”

“It was a witch, not the Tet Offensive” Dean said.

Castiel chuckled. Dean wasn’t getting it. It was still a seal…it was still one step closer to Lucifer rising. “So, we failed your test huh? I get it. But you know what? If you would have waved that magic time traveling wand of yours and we had to do it all over again, I’d make the same call. Cause see, I don’t know what’s gonna happen when these seals are broken, hell I don’t even know what’s gonna happen tomorrow” Dean said.

“But, what we do know is that this, right in front of us? The kids, the swings, the trees, the grass…it’s all still here because of Sam, Brittney, Dean and I” I added.

Cas nodded slightly and looked at us. “You both misunderstand me, I’m not like you think, I was praying that you would choose to save the town”

“You were?” we both wondered.

“These people, they’re all my father’s creations. They’re works of art, and yet, even though you stopped Samhain, the seal was broken and we are one step closer to Hell on Earth, for all creation. Now that’s not an expression Dean and Melissa, it's literal. You two of all people should appreciate what that means” he said and I felt an ach inside me and I saw Dean had this pained look on his face.

“Can I tell you something if you both promise not to tell another soul?” Cas asked. I nodded. “Okay” Dean spoke.

“I’m not a…hammer as you say, Dean…I have questions, I have doubts. I don’t know what is right and what is wrong anymore, whether you passed or failed here. But in the coming months you will have more decisions to make, I don’t envy the weight that’s on your shoulders, I truly don’t” he said and Dean and I just continued to stare at Castiel as he stared back.

I looked back at the kids and Dean did the same. Then I looked at the trees…the sky…and then I went to look back at Castiel but he was gone. Dean grabbed my hand, caressing it…and I let him. I didn’t have it in me to argue with him or pull away…I just let him.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333