‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

No Words…No Forgetting…No Making It Better…

Brittney’s POV

Sam told me his idea that occurred to him and we got to the health facility and walked into the women’s bathroom and caught sight of some footprints in the puddles on the floor. Sam put a hand up and a dude popped up in front of us as Sam’s hand was on his shoulder. We scared a woman off in her towel but I was more disgusted with this pervert.

“So, you can turn it on and off” Sam stated.

“How...how did you know that I was…”

“You actually walked up to a wishing well, dropped a dime, and wished to be invisible so you could spy on women in the shower?” I asked him, narrowing my eyes. “N-No. No. N-No ,no, no. That's crazy” he stammered.

I glanced down and just cringed slightly at the sight of the poor, naked boy. “Put on some paints” I exhaled sharply, rolling my eyes. “And stay visible” Sam said, sternly.

“O-Okay” he nodded and we just walked out. Wow. The things some people will do to get some action…even if it’s just watching.

My POV

“So, what were you and Brit talking about back at the Chinese place? It seemed pretty heated” Dean asked as we were walking down the street. “Nothing” I muttered but I felt his eyes on me.

“Ya know…I can still tell when you’re lying…for a girl who does nothing but lie, you certainly cant lie to me, Sammy or Brit”

“What, are you analyzing me again?” I smirked. I saw he tried to hide his blush. You have no idea what it feels like to make Dean Winchester blush…even if it’s just a little. It makes you feel powerful….

Then, three kids went running by in a panic. “You better run!” a voice yelled and I saw it was the little boy that was being chased before…now he was doing the chasing. Then, he stopped to look at us with hard eyes. “You two got a problem?” he asked with attitude.

“What? No” Dean said and I just shook my head and the little boy continued chasing after the kids. Dean and I exchanged a look. This case was getting weirder every second.

We got back to the motel quickly, only to have Dean rush to the bathroom and throw up into the toilet right away. “Dean?” I called out and walked into the bathroom where he was leaning over the toilet.

“The sandwich, Mel” he choked out and threw up again into the toilet.

“Okay, okay” I said and rubbed his back a little, putting some of my hair behind my ear. “Let me go get you some water” I said and quickly rushed out, grabbed a water bottle from the fridge and rushed back in, to him and he threw up again.

“By the look of it, you’re going to need to stay hydrated” I told him and handed it to him.

He took some, swished it around his mouth and spit it out. I flushed the toilet so he wouldn’t have to inhale the smell and cause him to get sicker. He was breathing a little hard. “Well, this is new…usually it’s you puking up your guts” he commented.

"Yea, well, not this time” I said and went to walk out of the bathroom. But, he grabbed my wrist quickly. “Don’t leave” he said and even though he wasn’t showing it, I could tell he was pleading…his eyes showed it.

“Okay…let me just grab something, real quick…I’ll come right back in” I promised and he nodded, letting go of me.

I grabbed Brit’s laptop and walked back into the bathroom. I sat on the floor with my back against the tub, so I was facing Dean. He was trying to recollect himself. “So…still not gonna tell me what you and Brit were talking about?” he asked, taking a swig of his water.

“Ya know what I could go for? Some double chocolate chip cake. Sounds good right? With some booze on the side and an ashtray” I said.

He groaned and threw up again. I smirked and started to research the coin. “I hate you” he grunted. “Yea, I know” I kept smirking, keeping my eyes on the screen in front of me.

That was the end of the conversation. I just gave him some company while he kept puking up his guts and stayed hydrated. I don know where he stores it all though, there couldn’t possibly be anything else for him to throw up.

After just a bit, I heard Brit and Sam walk in right as Dean threw up again. I sighed as I stood and leaned against the doorframe and they were looking at me. “Is he okay?” Brit asked.

“The wishes turn bad, Short Stuff. The wishes turn very bad” Dean grunted. “The sandwich, huh?” Sam assumed. I nodded.

Dean walked over to me and put a hand up on the doorframe for support. “The coin was Babylonian. It's cursed. I found some fragments of a legend…” I started but stopped as Dean made some gagging noises, covering his mouth with the small towel in his hand.

We all looked at him as I stiffened. If he threw up on me, we were going to have some problems here. “I’m good” he nodded for me to continue.

“The serpent is Tiamat, which is the Babylonian god of primordial chaos. I guess their priests were working some serious black magic”

“They made the coin?” Sam asked. “Yeah, to sow the seeds of chaos. Whoever tosses a coin in the wishing well, makes a wish, it turns on the well. Then it starts granting wishes to all comers” Dean explained.

“But the wishes get twisted. You ask for a talking teddy…” Brit started.

“You get a bipolar nut job”

“And you get e. Coli” Sam said.

“This thing has turned more than one town upside down over the centuries. It's even wiped a few off the map” I said. “One person gets their wish, it's trouble. But everybody gets their wish…” Dean started. “It's chaos…any way to stop it?” Brit asked.

“One way. We have to find the first wisher. Whoever dropped the coin in and made the first wish, they're the only ones who can pull it back out and reverse the wishes” I said.

“So for now, we've got a couple of nutso dreams come true, but once the word gets out about the well, things are just gonna get crazier and crazier” Dean added.

The next morning I was taking a shower when I started feeling light headed. I got out very carefully, wrapping the towel around my body. I started to hear screaming and I shut my eyes tight and saw flashes of Dean’s face. “Shit” I muttered and then managed to walk out to the others. Dean was asleep and he was tossing and turning. I saw Sam and Brit look at me. I glanced at them but then just threw a pillow at his head.

“What? I'm up. What?” he spazzed a little, shooting up in his spot. “Just get up” I muttered, avoiding everyone’s eyes as I felt Dean eye me and then he had this pained, sad look and I grabbed some clothes before going back into the bathroom.

I changed into my clothes, dried my hair out and I noticed how it was a little longer. I started to miss my long hair and I mentally smacked myself for cutting it. I liked my bangs though, those I’ll keep. I couldn’t get the images out of my head…it made me want to throw up…but I stopped myself. I just took a deep breath and walked back out.

“Mel?” Sam voiced. “What?” I asked and then realized they were all looking at me.

Dean had this…defeated look on his face, it looked like. “We know Uriel wasn’t lying…and I know you know what Dean is lying about…” Brit started.

“I’m not lying…”

“Shut up” she snapped at him. Then, she looked back at me. “What are you two hiding?…I wish you would talk to us”

“Careful what you wish for” I tried. “Cute, Mel” Sam commented.

“Come on, can we stow the couples therapy, huh? We're on a job. I want to work. What do you got?” Dean asked. They stayed silent. “Please?” he added and they agreed.

Brit turned to walk away from me and I inhaled a sharp breath and gave Dean a look as he gave me a look as well. Then, I watched him as he picked up a newspaper and looked down at it, puckering his lips just slightly so it didn’t look like he was going in for a kiss but it just was a sexy look….

“We got teddy bear, lottery guy, the invisible pervert guy” Brit listed.

They all must have wished sometime in the last two weeks. But who wished first, and how are we supposed to know who else wished for what when?” Sam asked.

“Well, it helps when they announce it in the paper” Dean said and held up the paper so we all walked over to him to see a picture of the nerdy guy with that really pretty girl. “Goes back a month”

“Wesley Mondale and Ms. Hope Lynn Casey have announced their surprise engagement”

“Ah, true love” I commented, sarcastically. “Best lead we got” Brit finished and we left.

~~

I left my truck at the motel so the guys would have us as backup when we got Wesley to come with us. So, we all got to Wesley’s house and rang the doorbell. The really pretty woman (Hope) answered and we told them that the guys were florists and Brit and I were helping out with some design crap. Then, she went off to grab her folders as we were alone with Wesley in the living room.

“Wesley, how's it going?” Dean gave that smug smirk.

“It's…it’s Wes…aren't you the guys from the health department?”

“Yeah. And florists on the side” Sam shrugged. “Plus FBI” Brit and I added. “And on Thursdays, we're teddy bear doctors” Dean quipped.

“Huh?”

“Doesn't matter who we are. What matters is what we know” I looked behind him at the cases of coins hanging on the wall. “So, Wes. Coin collector?” I raised my eyebrows and gestured to the coins.

“Oh. Yeah. My...grandfather gave them to me”

“Did you happen to lose one of those coins lately?” Dean asked, sarcastically. “And by lose, he means, drop into a wishing well at lucky Chen's and make a wish on it?” I said.

“No, I-I don't know what you're, uh, talking about” he lied.

Then, Hope came back. “Okay, now. I have a lot of ideas, but, you know, we don't have all the money in the world. Wes is between jobs right now. Means more time for me. You know, I'm thinking A Japanese-ey ikebana kind of thing” she showed us.

“Yes. I can see it” Dean nodded.

“Yeah. So, Hope why don’t you tell us how you two love birds met” Brit suggested.

“Oh, best day of my life”

“I bet” I commented.

“Yeah! It's the funniest thing. We both grew up here, but I never really knew who he was. Not by name anyway. Until one day last month, it was like I just…I just saw him for the first time. He was just...glowing. Oh, just glowing” she said and started to get really close to Wes.

“Uh, babe, can you get us some coffee?” Wes asked. “Yeah, anything, yeah” she said happily and started to passionately kiss him…but then she just wouldn’t stop.

Wes was trying to speak but she just kept pecking him with her lips. I was trying so hard not to laugh at the awkward tension that filled the room. Brit was doing the same thing and Sam and Dean just exchanged looks. He finally got her to get some air and she headed off into the kitchen.

“Wes, we know. So tell us the truth” Sam said.

“My…my grandfather found the coin in north Africa, you know, world war II. And, uh, he brought it back. He, um, he said it was a real wish-Granting coin, but that nobody should ever use it. Eh... It was all I had, and when he died, I thought, ‘Well, you know what? Why not give the coin a shot?'"

“Yeah, well, now you're gonna wish it back” Brit said.

“Ha ha, no, I'm not”

“If you don't stop it, something bad's gonna happen” I told him. “Something bad . Like us” Sam said and the boys pulled out their guns, keeping them in front of their stomachs just in case Hope walked in.

A look of panic and distress took up Wes’ expression. “We really wish you'd come with us” Dean finished.

~~

We all got in the Impala with Wes in the middle of Brit and I. “I don't get it. So, my wish came true. Why does that have to be a bad thing?”

“Because the wishes go south, Wes. Your town is going insane” Sam said. “Come on. You're gonna sit there and tell me that your relationship with hope is functional, that it's what you wished for?” Dean questioned.

“I wished she would love me more than anything”

“And how’s that going?” I wondered, sarcastically.

“Does it seem healthy to you?” Brit asked. “Well, it's a hell of a lot better than when she didn't know I was alive”

“You’re not supposed to get what you want, man” I said, shaking my head. “Nobody is. That's what the coin does. It takes your heart's desires and it twists it back on you. You hear of the whole ‘be careful what you wish for’? Dean added.

Then, we went over some bump. “Did we just hit something?” Sam questioned. “I didn't see anything” Dean said.

“Careful what you wish for” Wes mocked and I shot him a look so he stopped mocking and avoided my eyes as he shifted uncomfortably. "You know who says that? Good-looking jerks and sexy girls like you guys, the ones who've got it so easy because you happen to be handsome and sexy”

Easy?” we all scoffed at the same time.

“Yeah. Women look at you guys, right? They notice you” he said to the boys and I was just shaking my head. Then, I saw Dean glance at me in the rearview mirror. “And guys of course notice you wherever you go right?” he said to us.

“Buddy, believe me. We do not have it easy” I said and found myself looking at Dean’s eyes that were still glancing at me.

“We're miserable. We never get what we want. In fact, we have to fight tooth and nail just to keep whatever it is we got” he said.

“But you know what? Maybe that's the whole point, Wes” Sam said. “Yea, people are people because they’re miserable bastards” I said.

“Cause they never get what they really want” Brit added. “Right. You get what you want, you get crazy” Sam said. “Take a look at Michael Jackson” Dean said. “Or Lindsey Lohan” I added.

“You know what? Hope loves me now…completely. And it's awesome. Besides, look around. Where's all this, uh, insanity you guys were talking about?” Wes asked as Dean parked.

Then, We all turned to see the three boys who were the bullies yesterday were all in a truck, panicking in the front seat. Then, the smaller boy went running to the truck and with ease, he pushed the truck four parking slots over.

“Well, that should cover it” Dean said and we all stared in shock.

“Kneel before Todd!” the kid shouted. See what happens when people get their wishes?

The kid started to rock the truck with the three boys still inside. “Okay, Dean and I will handle the kid. You get Wes to Lucky Chen’s” I instructed as Dean and I got out of the Impala and Sam drove the Impala off in the other direction.

Dean and I started walking over to Todd and got in front of him as he was stalking over to the truck. “Hey, kid! Can we talk to you for a second?” Dean asked.

“Get out of my way!”

“Okay, okay uhh it’s Todd right? Hey, I know how it is. They’re bullying you right?” I guessed, easily as we bent down to his level.

“Every day. Every day! You do not know what it's like!?”

“Well, no…”

“No…but, you know, you're you and I'm me, So…” Dean chuckled.

I smacked him upside the head and he shot me a look. “Couldn't stop them. I couldn't do anything. Then Audrey Elmer told me the wishing well worked”

“Okay, listen sweetie, I know they’re mean…jerks alright but they’re not like you with superhuman-like powers and…” I started but then he punched me in the face! The brat punched me in the face!

“Hey, kid. Your mom ever teach you it’s not cool to hit a girl?” Dean defended but Todd just gave him a smug smirk and punched me again! But, this time I flew into the air and into some trash cans and trash bags. That son of a bitch.

Then, before I could even look, I heard a grunt and then saw Dean come flying toward me and he landed on me, pushing us further into the trash bags.

We both groaned. “Get off” I grunted, pushing him to the side and we laid there for a second.

Then, Dean got up and I watched him walk over to the kid and punch him in the face…but Todd wasn’t phased…instead, I saw Dean grip his hand in pain. Then, Todd grabbed Dean’s neck and started to choke him. I got up and stumbled a little as I got to the kid and lifted him off Dean. I bent to his height as he went to swing at me again when I set him down but I ducked my head so he missed and then I grabbed his hand when he tried again and I realized he couldn’t break out of my grip…and he realized it too.

“Oh, no” he sobbed a little and Dean came over to us. Sam and Brit must have gotten the job done.

I sighed. “Okay…just follow our lead and you wont have a problem” I told him and stood back up and Dean and I nodded at each other. We all walked over to where the three boys were as they were getting out of the truck. I threw myself into the wall and then so did Dean.

“Okay, man, no more! No more, okay?” Dean stressed. “We give, we give” I added. Then, I turned my head to look at the kids. “I wouldn’t mess with his kid if I were you” I warned them and then as Todd walked toward us and looked at the other kids.

They ran off. Dean and I smiled at the kid and then smirked at each other as we started to walk off. Then, we bumped fists and met up with Sam and Brit.

~~

We all got to the pier and Dean and I were sitting on a bench in the middle of the boardwalk as Brit and Sam were leaning against the railing, looking into the water. Dean and I were looking at the newspaper in his hands. It was saying how the guy that won the lottery had a fake ticket and then Audrey went walking by with two slightly sun burned older people and I guessed they were her parents. She was holding her normal size teddy bear. I smiled as I watched her go by.

“Well, coin's melted down. It shouldn't cause any more problems” Sam said as him and Brit came over to us and we stood.

“Audrey's parents are back from Bali. Looks like all the wishes are gone. And so are we” Dean and we were all about to leave but then Dean just stopped suddenly. “Hang on a second”

“What?” Sam asked as we all faced him.

“You were right”

“About what?”

“I shouldn't have lied to you…and I shouldn’t have asked Mel to do the same. I do remember everything that happened to me in the pit. Everything” he finally admitted and I let out a breath that I was holding.

“How did Mel know?” Brit asked.

“Because I’ve been having dreams where I see…Dean…down under…” I picked my words carefully. “I don’t know how or why…but I just see whatever he remembers”

“So, tell me about it” Sam said to Dean.

“No…I won't lie anymore. But I'm not gonna talk about it”

“Dean, look, you can't just shoulder this thing alone. You got to let me help”

“How? Do you really think that a little heart-to-heart, some sharing and caring, is gonna change anything? Hmm? Somehow...heal me? I'm not talking about a bad day here”

“I know that”

“The things that I saw...there aren't words. There is no forgetting. There's no making it better. Because it is right here...forever…" he pointed to his head. "...and now Mel has to see it too…you wouldn't understand and I could never make you understand…so I am sorry” he said and held his eyes with me for a moment and started to walk away as we stayed in our spots, watching him go.

“He’s right” I said, keeping my eyes on him as I felt Sam and Brit look at me. “There are no words for what went on down there…there’s no forgetting…no making it better” I said and then just stuck my hands in my pockets and started walking in his direction, keeping my head down.

No words…no forgetting…no making it better….
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333