‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The Past Revealed Part 3

Six Months Earlier

Third Person


While Sam and Ruby were going at it…Brittney walked in and was frozen in her spot. Sam and Ruby both looked over at her. “Oh…I’m…I’m sorry…” she choked out and then shut the door.

“Wait, Brittney!” he yelled, throwing on his boxers and racing after her. “Brittney, wait” he said. “No, no it’s fine, Sam. Go do…whatever” she said and waved him off but he grabbed her wrist to stop her.

“Brittney, I’m sorry, it’s just…Ruby was there and I’m so angry and mad and upset and…”

“I know you are” she nodded, choking back tears but they were very visible. “And it’s my fault…I wasn’t here…”

“No, no, no it’s not…”

“We said we were going to get annulled so that’s what I was getting. The papers to just make it official…maybe it’s best if we just break it off all together” she shrugged. “Really, I’m okay with it” she nodded and turned to walk away.

“Brittney…”

Then, she spun and her fist collided with his face. He stumbled slightly but when he looked at her again, his expression was still a very upset, depressed one. Then, she punched him again.

“Now, I’m okay with it” she nodded again. “I’ll be back later. I’m just going to go get something to eat” she finished and walked away. “Brittney!” Sam pleaded but she kept walking.

This was the second time Brittney walked in on Sam having sex with a girl…she knew that…Sam knew that…and they both knew she was dying inside…but only Sam knew that he was dying inside with every step she took.


Present Day

My POV


I stared at her in shock as my jaw dropped. I looked down at Sam with a hard look as my jaw suddenly clenched. He cheated…on Brittney! He fucking cheated on my best friend. He was avoiding my eyes as he rubbed his arm.

“Melissa…” Dean said with a warning tone as he stood up as well.

But, it was too late. I jumped forward into Sam and we rolled off the bed. “You bastard! I’m going to rip those stitches out of your arm!” I threatened as we started wrestling on the floor.

At first I didn’t think he would try to fight back but he did…he just didn’t try to hurt me while I tried hurting him. “Melissa!” Brit scolded but I ignored her, trying to just beat the crap out of Sam.

“Okay, come on” Dean said, calmly and I managed to get a punch in before he pulled me off Sam and threw me over his shoulder.

Brittney helped Sam up. I calmed down a little and just hung myself there over Dean’s shoulder. Then…I felt like I was hit with a ton of bricks. “Dean, you can let me go now” I told him.

“You’re not going to try to rip out his stitches?” he asked. I sighed. “No…just put me down” I said and he set me back on my feet.

I was calmer now because I realized…I also took part in hurting Brit. I wasn’t there when she really needed me the most…so I couldn’t just blame Sam for hurting her…I was to blame too. They all just stared at me.

“So…what happened next” I said, looking at Sam. “You’re bi polar you know that?” Dean narrowed his eyes at me.

“Yea, whatever…Sam…continue” I told him as I got back in my spot on the bed and so did he.

“Well…I put some signs together. Omens…Lilith was in town…and I wanted to strike her first”

Five Months Earlier

Third Person


“You’re not ready yet” Ruby said as Sam was getting ready to leave.

“It’s now or never”

“No, we gotta wait, until you get it right. You haven’t been too successful”

“Alright, I’ll use this” he said, taking out Ruby’s knife.

“Stop! You can’t just fly in there reckless Sam, we need you to take the bitch out”

“Oh, I’ll take her out alright”

“You get one shot. And you’re it, you’re the only one that can do it Sam, so if she kills you first…” But, then she stopped, analyzing his expression.

“What?”

“You don’t want to survive this” she stated.

“Come on…”

“It’s a kamikaze attack, you want to die fighting Lilith”

“That’s stupid”

Then, Brit walked through the door and they both just stared at her. She was the only one that wasn’t being awkward with them. “I asked Mel if she wanted to come along…she said quote ‘It wont bring Dean back, so what’s the point’ unquote…”

“You’re in on it too! You’re both crazy! You’re both willing to die because if you kill her and you survive this, then you have to go on without your brother and without Melissa…” Ruby said, pinning herself against the door so Sam and Brit couldn’t leave.

“This isn’t what Dean would have wanted, this isn’t what he died for…and if Melissa was lucid right now, it isn’t what she would want either…”

“Yea, well she isn’t lucid and she’s going to kill herself anyway from all the sex and drinking” Brittney said with venom. “Get out of our way, Ruby” Sam said, sternly.

“No, Sam, this is suicide” she argued.

Ruby went to push them both back but Sam was much faster and pinned her to the wall, beside to the door, putting her knife up against her throat and he glared as his jaw clenched. Then, Brit turned the knob and walked out with Sam following behind her.

Brittney and Sam arrived at a house and walked in to see a little girl at the dining room table. “Please, I wanna go home” she begged.

But, then Sam and Brit got attacked by three demons from behind and the knife flew out of Sam’s hand. “Lilith sends her regrets, she couldn’t make it” one said and they started to choke Brittney and Sam as the third one was beating the crap out of them.

But, then Ruby came out of no where, got the knife and slit one of the demon’s throats and shoved the demon that was choking Sam and she threw the demon across the room. Then, she raced to Brittney and stabbed the demon to death.

“Take the girl and run!” she ordered.

Sam scooped the girl up and raced out with Ruby fighting off the demon but Brittney stayed and just stared, being shocked by how Ruby just saved her. “Ruby, you’re in so much trouble. When we get you down in the basement, the things we’re gonna do to you” he said.

But, then the demon started to choke and they both turned their heads to see Brittney was holding up a hand to him, focusing hard and her head started to pound as she felt the red liquid form in her nose. But, then it suddenly became easier when she saw Sam was at her side, doing the same thing she was. Then, after a lot of struggle, the black smoke poured out of the man and he fell to the floor. They were both exhausted and breathing hard.

“Sam…Brittney…” she started. “We’re okay…” Sam started. “Thanks…Ruby” Brit added, reluctantly.


Present Time

My POV


“Ruby came back for us. Whatever you have to say, she saved us.“ Sam said.

“More than that, she got through to us, what she said to both of us…it’s what you guys would’ve said…if it wasn’t for her we wouldn’t be here” Brit added and Dean and I exchanged a look.

It was silent after that…before any of us could say anything there was a knock at the door. “Housekeeping” a voice said.

“Not now” Dean grunted.

“Sir, I’ve got clean towels”

I stood and walked over to the door, opening it and a black woman in a maid uniform was standing there. “Couldn’t you just leave ‘em at the door?” Dean asked. She just shoved the towels into my hands and pushed her way in. I shut the door and she went straight to Sam and Brittney.

“I’m at this address” she said, giving them a piece of paper. “I’m sorry, what?” Brit asked.

“Go now, go through the bathroom window, don’t stop, don’t take your car, don’t pass go. There are demons in the hallway and in the parking lot”

“Ruby?!” Sam exclaimed, shocked. “Okay yes, so I’m possessing this maid for a hot minute, sue me” she put her hands on her hips.

“What about…”

“Coma girl? Slowly rotting on the floor back at the cabin with Anna, so I’ve gotta hurry back. See you when you get there. Go!” she yelled and then walked passed me and quickly walked out of the room as I had this shocked look on my face and Dean had the same look as he was still holding the towels in his hands.

~~~

So, we all went into the bathroom and the guys helped us get up and get out, through the window first and they followed behind us as we all ran down the street and Sam started to lead the way as I got Brit to lay back a few feet with me.

“So…I’m sorry” I grunted out, quietly. “Sorry? About what?” she laughed and it sounded like a nervous laugh.

“About…” I stopped her so we could face each other. “About not…being there…”

“Mel, you’ve already apologized…”

“No, I apologized for losing it when Dean went to Hell because I didn’t know what else to apologize for…but now I do…”

“Oh yea?” she inquired and tried to keep walking but I grabbed her wrist to stop her again and face me.

“Yea. I’m sorry I wasn’t there for when the thing with Sam and Ruby went down. I’m sorry that you felt like you were alone, that I wouldn’t suck it up and be there for you when you needed me. I’m sorry that I just wasn’t there. I was selfish and a bitch and…”

“Girls! Catch up!” Dean yelled to us as the boys stopped to look at us. “Give us a second!” I snapped at him, giving him a hard look and I saw he was slightly taken back by me yelling at him.

I looked back at Brit and my eyes lightened up. “I get it now…I wasn’t there and Ruby was, which brought you and her closer as…friends…even though she did sleep with your boyfriend…” She gave me a look and I put my hands up in defense, backing off. “So…we’re good?” I asked.

“Of course we are” she said and I grinned. Then, we did our little handshake and raced off toward the guys. “Hmm cute handshake” Dean commented. “Shut up” I glared and pushed him to the side. He laughed.

We got to this big, rustic, country cabin and Ruby was there with Anna and Adam. “Are you guys okay?” I asked. “Yeah, I think so, Ruby’s not like other demon’s, she saved my life” Anna said. “Yea…I hear she does that” I commented, smiling a pleasant smile at Anna.

Then, I looked over at Ruby to see her cross her arms and Dean looked at her as well. “I guess I uh…we…ya know…” Dean stammered. “What?” Ruby asked, completely confused.

“He’s trying to say that…I guess we kinda…sorta…owe you for Sam and Brittney” I muttered. She raised an eyebrow at me. “And we just wanted…you know?” Dean repeated.

“Don’t strain yourself” she quipped.

“Okay then, is the moment over?” I asked, quickly. She rolled her eyes. “Good, cause that was awkward” Dean stated. “Yea, just a little” I muttered.

“Hey, Melissa?” Adam voiced and I turned to look at him. “Do you think it would be safe to make a quick call?” he asked me. “Yea, just to let our parents know we’re okay. They must be really freaked” Anna added. Brit, Sam, Dean, Ruby and I all looked at each other. “What is it?” Anna asked.

I held my eyes with Adam though. He caught onto what was going on and as his expression changed, he looked as if I just stabbed him in the gut and then shot him in the head.

Sam sighed. “Anna…your parents…” he started. “What about them?” she asked and then caught a glimpse at her brothers expression and she saw his pained, teary-eyed look. “No, they’re not…”

“Anna…I am so sorry” Brit said, gently.

Anna started to cry as she rocked back and forth with her head in her hands and Adam was rubbing her back, holding onto her hand for support. He glanced up at me a d I gave him a sad, empty look. I felt so bad for Adam…but I still couldn’t help but feel weird because there were unsaid things between us.

“Why is this happening to us?” Anna sobbed and Adam tried to comfort her even though he was just as sad and confused as she was.

“I don’t know” Sam murmured. But, then Adam became suddenly alert and so did Anna. “They’re coming” they both said, terrified…I would be too if I were them.

The lights started to flicker. “Back room!” Dean yelled and Brit and I rushed Anna and Adam to the extra room and locked the door as Dean and Sam got guns for us out of Dean’s duffle bag and Ruby locked the front door and the back door. While Brit and Sam faced the front door with their shotguns, Dean and I faced the back door with out shotguns.

“Where’s the knife?” Ruby asked. We all exchanged a look. “Uh, about that…” Dean started. “You’re kidding!” she said in disbelief.

“Hey, don’t look at me” Dean said. “Don’t look at us either” Brit and I said quickly. “Thanks a lot, guys” Sam complained. “Sorry Sammy” I chuckled and Dean smiled an innocent smile.

“Great, just peachy, impeccable timing guys, really” Ruby quipped.

Then, a rattling noise started to come from Sam and Brit’s door so Dean and I turned to face the door too and Ruby got to our side. The door flew open, breaking the lock on it and wind blew in as Castiel and Uriel came walking in. I noticed Ruby’s eyes went black and I could sense her tense up as Uriel was glaring at her.

“Please tell me you’re here to help” I said, trying to get Uriel’s eyes off Ruby. Hey, don’t judge me, I’m just trying to be a better friend to Brit. She wants me to try and trust Ruby and I owe her that much.

“Yea, we’ve been having demon issues all day” Dean added.

“I can see that” Uriel commented and Ruby’s eyes went back to normal. “You want to explain why you have that stain in the room?”

We all looked at each other but stayed silent. “We’re here for Anna and Adam” Castiel said. “Here for them, like…here for them?” Dean said, trying to buy time.

“Stop talking, give them to us” Uriel ordered. “Are you going to help them?” Brit asked. “No…they have to die” Cas said matter-of-factly.

I felt my stomach churn as I felt a bad feeling form in my gut. This wasn’t going to go over well.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333