‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Demons V.S. Angels

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
“You want Adam and Anna? Why?” Sam asked.

“Out of the way” Uriel said.

“Hold up” I said, putting up a hand and I saw he stopped in his tracks and stared at me as if I was holding up some kind of angel-killing weapon, waiting for me to make some kind of move.

But, I just gave him a weird look and my eyes met Castiel’s. He seemed to know why Uriel was hesitant but he wasn’t phased by me and gave me this reassuring look so I just set my hand back down at my side. I don’t know who else noticed it but if they did, they didn’t acknowledge.

“Okay, I know they’re wiretapping your angel chats or whatever, but it's no reason to gank them” Dean said.

“Don't worry. I'll kill them gentle”

“You're some heartless sons of bitches, you know that?”

“As a matter of fact, we are. And?” Castiel spoke. “And? Anna and Adam are innocent people” Brit said.

“They are far from innocent”

“What's that supposed to mean?” Sam asked.

“It means they’re worse than this abomination you've been screwing. Now give us the boy and girl” Uriel snapped. “Sorry. Not gonna happen” I said.

“Who's gonna stop us? You four? Or this demon whore?” Uriel questioned.

In one swift hand motion, he threw Ruby against the wall and Dean and I lunged at him as Castiel was walking toward Sam and Brit and with one finger touch to both their foreheads, they fainted to the ground.

When Uriel swung twice at Dean, I took a swing at Uriel and I got him in the face and he turned his head but then looked at me, as if he was completely un-phased. Then he swung at me and my body spun as I fell the floor. I saw Uriel hovering over Dean and I, ready to beat the crap out of us and we really couldn’t do much about it. He was way stronger than us, that was obvious.

“I've been waiting for this” he grinned but then there was a bright light as it engulfed Castiel and Uriel and they disappeared.

“What the…” Dean started but then helped me up and we walked over to Ruby and helped her up. “Anna? Adam?” I called out and raced to the back room as the others followed.

Anna and Adam’s hands were covered in blood and there were sigils on the mirror in their own blood. “Are-are they gone?” Anna shook slightly. “Did you kill them?” Dean asked. “No. We sent them away...far away” Adam said. “Wanna tall me how?” I asked, incredulous.

“It just popped in our heads. I don't know how we did it. We just did it” We all just stared at the two of them and at the blood on their hands and on the mirror.

~

Okay so it was apparent that Adam and Anna were just getting more and more interesting with every second and so many questions were still unanswered but it was agreed that we all had to get to a safer place because the angels were definitely going to be back…and by morning we were all at Bobby’s place and Dean and I took Adam and Anna down to the basement and into his panic room…while Ruby had to stand outside the door of the panic room…and I found amusement in it.

“Iron walls drenched in salt. Demons can't even touch the joint” Dean told Anna and Adam. “Which I find racist, by the way” Ruby voiced. “Write your congressman” I quipped.

Then, she tossed a couple of tiny bags to me. “Hex bags?” Dean questioned.

“Extra-crunchy. They'll hide us from angels, demons, all comers”

“Thanks Ruby” Dean said as I handed Anna and Adam each a hex bag. “Don’t lose these” I told them and they nodded. It was kind of silent.

“So, what's playing on angel radio? Anything useful?” Dean asked. “It's quiet. Dead silence” Adam answered. “Well…that’s not troubling at all” I said, sarcastically. We're in trouble, huh? You guys are scared?” Anna asked.

Dean and I looked at Ruby and then at each other and then back at Adam and Anna. “Nah” we both said. “Hey, Dean! Melissa!” Sam called. “Just stay here…” I said. “Keep an eye on them” Dean said to Anna and she nodded as Dean and I headed upstairs.

We got to the dining room where Sam and Brit were. Brit and Sam got the truck and the car to us. Bobby was in the Dominican and said if we break anything, we buy it. Apparently he was working a job…or he was at hedonism in a banana hammock and a trucker cap…weird mental picture. Sam and Brit didn’t find much on Anna and Adam. Only that their parents were a church deacon and a housewife…but they did find something interesting. The latest psych episode that they had wasn’t their first. When Anna and Adam were two and a half, they would get hysterical whenever their dad got close to them and they were convinced he wasn’t their real dad…and when Sam told us that, Dean got reality confused with porn again. But, Adam and Anna just kept repeating that their real father was mad…like wanted-to-kill-them-mad.

“They saw a kid's shrink, got better, and grew up normal” Brit finished. “So, what are they hiding?” Dean wondered.

“Why don't you just ask us to our faces?” a voice asked and we all turned to see Adam and Anna with unpleasant looks about how we were talking about them behind their backs.

Ruby was standing behind them. “Nice job watching them” I commented. “I'm watching them” she said, innocently.

“No, you're right, Anna. Is there anything you both want to tell us?” Brit asked. “About what?” Adam asked. “The angels said you were guilty of something. Why would they say that?” Sam asked.

“You tell us. Tell us why our lives have been leveled…”

“Why our parents are dead. I don't know. I swear. I would give anything to know” Anna added. “Okay…then lets find out” I grinned. “How?” Anna asked.

~~

So, I headed out and picked up good ol’ Pamela and of course Dean volunteered to come. I don’t know why though. It’s not like we talk much anymore. Whenever we try, it ends up with him trying to get me back and I keep telling him no. He doesn’t get it though. It’s bad enough that I still have feelings for him but to have my feelings out in the open, that would just be worse for everybody. We got to Pamela’s and we got her to agree to come with us back to the others. We got her into the passenger side of the truck and Dean got in the back as I got in the drivers side and we left. It was kind of silent.

“Wow, I’m feeling some tension in the air…are you two still not together?” she spoke. “No, we’re not together. She made that quite obvious” Dean said and I felt his eyes burning holes in my skull.

“Oh, come on sweet cheeks, you gonna take that?” Pamela asked me and I just smiled as I saw her smiling.

“Oh, he’s just mad that he didn’t get his bottle today and he’s due for a nap” I quipped and smirked as I glanced at him in the rearview mirror and Pamela laughed.

“You two make me laugh…but I don’t know why you’re not together already. You’re a perfect match for each other”

Thank you. Tell her that” Dean snapped.

I just stayed silent and shook my head. Then, we were all silent again. “So…nice whether we’re having” he finally said. And I’m the bi-polar one?

“Yea…it’s beautiful out” I sighed, just playing along with whatever he was scheming because I wasn’t in the mood to tell him to shut up.

He made a sound coming from his cheeks. Then, he came forward, putting his head next to mine and looked at me. “…did you and Adam…have a thing…?”

“We flirted. Then, he told me to hit the road” I said, monotonously.

“Cute, Mel”

“Well, what do you want me to say, Dean?”

“I want you to say ‘Dean, you are the sexiest man alive and I’ll be happy to have you’ but we cant all have what we want” Pamela laughed and I was fighting the urge to smile.

“Well you two certainly argue like an old married couple…what are you waiting for Melissa? Give the guy a chance”

“Yea, give the guy a chance” Dean voiced and I shot him a look so he backed off. “It’s complicated Pamela” I sighed quietly.

“Life is short hon. Live it up while you still have the chance” she said.

“You know, you really aren’t helping here” I said lightly and she chuckled. The rest of the ride was silent and I avoided Dean‘s eyes but I felt him watching me so I shook my head at him.

~~

“We’re here!” Dean called out as we helped Pamela down the stairs to the basement. “Pamela hey!” Sam said as him and Brit came over to us.

“Sam?”

“It's me. It's Sam”

“Sam, is that you?”

“I'm right here” he said and got in front of her to hug her.

“Know how I can tell?” She squeezed his ass and Brit and I just grinned, keeping our snickering to ourselves. “That perky little ass of yours. You could bounce a nickel off that thing. Of course I know it's you, grumpy. Same way I know that’s Brittney”

“Hey, Pamela” she smiled and hugged her. “Hello darling…and also same way I know that's a demon, and that poor girl's Anna with her brother Adam and that you've been eyeing my rack” she directed at Sam.

“Don’t sweat it kiddo. I still got more senses than most got it. Hey, Anna, Adam, how are you? I’m Pamela” she said, walking right over to Anna and Adam. “Hi” they both smiled at her.

“Dean and Melissa told me what's been going on. I'm excited to help”

“That’s very nice of you” Adam said.

“Oh, well, not really. Any chance I can dick over an angel, I'm taking it”

“Why?” Anna asked.

“They stole something from me” Then, she took off her dark sunglasses to reveal her plastic eyes. “Demon-y, I know. But they're just plastic. Good for business. Makes me look extra-psychic, don't you think? Now...how about you tell me what your deal is? Hmm? Don't you worry” she said and hooked her arm through Anna’s and Adam held his arm out to Pamela for him to take.

“Oh, I can tell you’re a cutie, Melissa was right about you” she said and turned her head to direct a smirk at me. I laughed to myself, shaking my head. I felt Dean tense up slightly as he was watching me but I ignored him as we all got in the panic room.

Pamela got Anna to lay down on the small bed in there and we got everything off the desk so Adam could lay on it at the same time, that way Pamela could sit in a chair, in between them and work with them at the same time. They both shut their eyes.

“Nice and relaxed. Now, I'm going to count down from five to zero. When we're at zero, you'll be in a deep state of hypnosis…as I count down, just go deeper and deeper, okay?” She paused. “5... 4... 3... 2... 1”

She paused again. “Deep sleep…deep sleep…every muscle calm and relaxed. Can you hear me?”

“I can hear you" they both said.

“Now, Anna or Adam…tell me... How can you hear the angels? How did you work that spell?”

“We don’t know…we just did” Adam said. “Your father...what's his name?” Pamela asked. “Rich Milton” Anna answered.

“All right. But I want you both to look further back...when you were very young...just a couple of years old”

“I don't want to” Anna said, right away as Adam’s twitched slightly.

“It'll be okay. Anna, just one look. That's all we need”

“No” now Adam objected. “What's your dad's name? Your real dad. Why is he angry at you two?” Pamela continued.

“No! No!” Anna yelled. “He’s going to kill us!” Adam yelled as well and they started to cringe and freak a little…Anna did more freaking out though.

“Anna. Adam. You are both safe. Calm down”

Dean went forward to reach Anna. “Dean don’t” Pamela said but Anna threw her arm up and hit Dean, so he flew into me and I kept my balance as I kept his as well.

“Wake in 1, 2, 3, 4, 5” Pamela said quickly and Anna and Adam’s breathing was regular again as they both slowly opened their eyes and sat up. “Anna...Adam? You alright?”

“Yes…thank you Pamela” Adam said. “It helped a lot…we remember now” Anna added. “Remember what?” Brit asked.

“Who we are” Adam answered. “Well…who are you?” I asked.

“We’re angels” they answered.

Well…I don’t think any of us were expecting that one.

We all walked back upstairs into Bobby’s library and Pamela and Ruby were both keeping their distances from Adam and Anna. “Don't be afraid, we’re not like the others” Anna promised.

“I don't find that very reassuring” Ruby voiced. “Neither do I” Pamela agreed.

“So...Castiel and Uriel…they're the ones that came for us?” Adam asked. “You know them?” Sam asked. “We were kind of in the same foxhole” Anna said.

“So, what, they're like your bosses or something?” I asked. “Try the other way around” Adam admitted. “Well, look at you two” I said, impressed.

“But now they want to kill you?” Pamela asked. “Orders are orders. I'm sure we have a death sentence on our heads” Anna said.

“Why?”

“We disobeyed…”

“Which, for us, is about the worst thing you can do. We fell” Adam added. “Meaning?” Dean questioned. “They fell to earth, became human” Pamela explained.

“Wait a minute. I don't understand. So, angels can just become human?” Brit asked.

“It kind of hurts. Try cutting your kidney out with a butter knife. That kind of hurt. We ripped out our grace” Adam explained.

“Come again?” I wondered.

“Our grace. It's...energy. Hacked it out and fell. Our mother, Amy, couldn't get pregnant. Always called us her little miracles. She had no idea how right she was” Anna said.

“So, you just forgot that you were God's little Power Rangers?” Dean quipped.

“The older we got, the longer we were human, yeah”

“I don't think you all appreciate how completely screwed we are” Ruby voiced. “Ruby's right. Heaven wants us dead” Adam said.

“And hell just wants them. A flesh-and-blood angel that you can question, torture, that bleeds. You're both the Stanley cup. And sooner or later, heaven or hell, they're gonna find you”

“We know this. And that's why we’re gonna get it back” Anna said and we all looked at her, skeptical. “You can do that?” I asked.

“If we can find it”

“So, what, you're just gonna take some divine bong hit, and, shazam, you're Roma Downey?” Dean questioned, looking right at Anna.

“Something like that"

“All right. I like this plan. So, where's this grace of yours?”

“Lost track. We were falling about 10,000 miles per hour at the time”

“Wait. you mean falling, like, literally?” Sam asked. “Yes” they both answered.

“Like the way a human eye can see? Like a comet maybe or a meteor?”

“Why do you ask?”

~~~

So, Sam hit the books, researching with Ruby and Brittney at his side. Dean went out to the junk yard and I went over to my truck. I just wanted some fresh air but I didn’t want Dean to see me. So, I jumped up on the tire and jumped into the bed of the truck and I laid out the blanket that covered my motorcycle and I laid on it, staring up at the night sky filled with stars. Then, the truck shook slightly as I saw Adam had jumped up on the tire to look in at me. I smiled.

“Can I join you?” he asked. “I wouldn’t say no” I smiled and kept my eyes on the stars. He came over to me and laid beside me.

“Ya know…I’ve felt like there’s some unfinished stuff between us but we haven’t gotten the chance to talk about it” he said.

“Yea, I feel the same way”

“So…you’re a hunter” he started. I laughed and turned my head to see him grin and nod. “That’s cool” he shrugged.

“Not really…you’re an angel. That’s cool” I shrugged and half mocked. “Not really” he mocked back.

I just smiled and he smiled back. “I know Meg is a demon now…I never had a good feeling about her when we first met her”

“Well, that must have been your inner angel instinct”

“Yea…so, that’s Dean”

“Yea…that’s Dean” I said, unsure of where he was going with it.

“You know, you’re part of the reason why Castiel brought him back up here” he said.

“Yea, I heard that…I don’t get it though”

“You’ll find out why soon enough…just not from me”

“Okay…can I ask you something?…why do demons say I have potential and why are angels on the defense when they’re around me…Uriel flinched as if I was able to hurt him or something”

“Well, that’s because you are able to hurt him…if you wanted to. If you were more in touch with…” his voice trailed off.

“With my demon side” I filled in for him, so he could continue.

He nodded. “Then, you would be able to fight off Castiel and Uriel…that’s why they’re on the defense about you…but the angels have grown to know you and trust your judgment and all that…and it’s a good thing that you aren’t in tune with your…whatever you want to call it” he said and I was grateful for it.

“Otherwise you’d be really screwed up” he joked lightly and I rolled my eyes slightly. “But, you have to be careful around some angels like Uriel…he wont stand down to anyone and he’ll find some weakness to show that he’s in control” I just nodded.

Then, it was kind of silent and I wanted to change the subject. “Pamela said she was sorry about leaving so soon. It’s just after last time…this is just not good for her blood pressure”

“It’s alright. I don’t blame her and neither does Anna…you all should really do the same”

“Well we aren’t that smart…can I ask you something else?” He nodded. “Why would you fall? Why would you want to become one of us?”

“You don’t mean that”

“Oh, but I do…a bunch of miserable sons of bitches…eating, vomiting, confused, worried, afraid” I listed.

“There’s also loyalty... forgiveness...love”

“Guilt”

“Chocolate cake…cookies”

“Pain…heartache…”

“Is that why you wont get back together with Dean? Because of the pain and the heartache?” he asked and I was silent for a moment.

“Well…yea…and because…it’s just hard…my guard drops and the pain hurts like a mofo” I said and he chuckled.

“Sometimes it’s worth it don’t you think?” he questioned and I was silent again and looked back up at the stars. He was quiet at first too. “Sex…there’s sex here too” he continued and I laughed under my breath.

“Okay, you have me there” I agreed and looked back at him.

He smiled lightly. “Every emotion, Melissa…even the bad ones…it’s why I fell…it’s why we both fell…I’d give anything not to go back…”

“Feelings are overrated”

“Not from what I see coming off you and Dean…besides, it beats being an angel”

“But how? You guys are powerful. Perfect. You don’t doubt yourselves or God…or anything…”

“Perfect…” he said, like the word was poison and he nodded. “Like a marble statue. That’s how Anna and I describe it. Cold…no choice…only obedience. Mel, do you know how many angels have actually seen God’s face? Four. Four angels”

“That’s it? How do you even know if there's a God then?”

“We have to bring on faith…and we’re killed if we don’t have it” I waited for him to continue cause I could tell he wanted to say more.

“I was stationed on earth 2,000 years. Just...watching...silent...invisible...out on the road...sick for home...waiting on orders from an unknowable father I can't begin to understand…”

“I can relate” I interrupted quickly and gently. “I can…maybe, not to the unknowable father part…but I can still relate” He waited patiently for me to continue.

“My dad…he was the best dad a girl could ask for…spoiled me even…and he was flawless…most of the time. He gave me orders…had me travel with him whenever my mother would allow it…had me watch…observe…” I said and my voice trailed off.

I didn’t want to talk about it anymore…I couldn’t…and I knew he understood that because he just stared at me with a lot of feeling in his eyes. “Hey” Brit said, jumping up on the tire.

I jumped slightly…how did I not hear her coming? “Did you and Sam find something?” I asked. “Think so” she nodded and was smirking.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333