‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Secret Feelings and Hookers Part 2

The next morning, Sam and Brit went out somewhere and I got dressed and walked into Dean and Sam’s room where Dean was sitting at the table. He looked over at me and chuckled when he saw me wearing sunglasses. I just frowned and shut the door.

“You were pretty screwed up last night” he commented, shaking his head. “Yea, I know” I muttered.

Then, I collapsed onto his bed…I knew it was his because I could just smell his scent on the pillow. I hugged it to my face and shut my eyes, inhaling the scent. “Here, take these” he said and I opened my eyes to see him holding a glass of water and some aspirin.

I lifted myself off the pillow so I was supporting myself on my elbow as I took the aspirin and the water and I swallowed the pills. “Thanks” I grunted.

“Do you even remember last night?” he asked me as he sat down beside me and I just kept my head down as I sat up. Yea, I remembered….

“I remember wondering if I would have to start dancing on a poll in order for you to come over” I laughed to myself at the idiotic idea.

He didn’t respond though…he just stared at me. He brought his face closer to mine and I stared down at his lips. “I want to kiss you…but only if you want it too” he murmured.

But, I didn’t respond…instead, I grabbed his face in my hands and kissed him hard as he started to kiss back immediately. He got me to lay down on my back as he hovered over me, our lips never parted once. It was a bad idea to be doing this right now when Brit and Sam could just walk in at any moment…but I didn’t have to worry about it because then Dean stopped and hung his head by my neck as we were both breathing hard.

I was utterly confused but I couldn’t even wrap my mind around it because I couldn’t focus and my head started to pound. I took off my sunglasses and covered my eyes with my hand, the light was intense. But, then he grabbed my hand and pulled it off my face as he zeroed in, getting closer to me and there wasn’t light hurting my eyes anymore. He stared down at me as I stared back at him, into his green eyes, wondering what he was thinking…he kissed me again…but then he just got up and went back over to the table to sit with his back facing me. I didn’t say anything though…I just sat there…but then he came back over to me and sat back down beside me, with a phone in his hand.

“Do you know that number?” he asked me, showing me the screen. “No…isn’t that Sam’s phone?” I questioned.

Then, I put my sunglasses back on. He dialed the number and put it on speaker. “Hey, Sam” Ruby’s voice sounded on the other line. Neither of us spoke. “Sam, you there?…Brittney?” she tried and Dean just hung up as I analyzed him.

“Does this mean something bad?” I asked him.

“Yesterday I heard Sam talking to her about how there were no omens nearby…I don’t know what it means” he sighed. I could tell he was annoyed…and I was too. Sam and Brit were hiding something…again.

Then, I heard footsteps outside the room and I quickly took Sam’s phone from him and put it back on the table and Brit and Sam came walking in. Sam was wearing a suit as Brit was wearing a respectable top and skirt.

“Lenny Bristol was definitely another Siren vic” Brit stated. “You got to see him?” I asked.

“Yea, said he brought a stripper home named Belle, couple of hours later he offed his mother. Belle, of course, went MIA”

Am I the only one that thinks its weird that all the names are Disney princesses? First Jasmine, then Aurora, Ariel and now Belle…I don’t know, I guess the siren has a thing for the princesses… “Wait, he killed his mom?” Dean asked.

“Woman he was closet to” Sam shrugged. Then, Sam’s blackberry started to ring. I picked it up to toss it over to him. “Yea, you uh forgot your phone” Dean said.

“Hey Bobby…uh, no. And it doesn’t seem that she’s slowin’ down any. What about you? Got anything?…Hold on a sec, I’m gonna put you on speaker” he said and then put him on speaker so we could all hear.

“It says you need a bronze dagger covered in the blood of a sailor under the spell of the song” Bobby said. “What the hell does that mean?” Dean questioned.

“You got me. We’re dealing with three thousand years of the telephone game here”

“Best guess?” Brit asked.

“Well, the Siren’s spell ain’t got nothin’ to do with any song. It’s most likely some kinda toxin or venom. Something she gets in the vic’s blood”

“That makes them go all Manchurian Candidate”

“What do you think, she infects the men during sex?” Sam questioned.

“Maybe”

“Supernatural STD” Dean and I both commented and exchanged a look but quickly looked back at Sam and Brit as they glanced at us but just looked back at the phone.

“Well, however it happens, once it’s done, the Siren’s gotta watch her back. She gets a dose of her own medicine…”

“It kills her” Brit finished for him.

“Like a snake gettin’ iced by its own venom”

“So we just gotta find a way to juice one of the OJ’s in jail?” Dean asked.

“It’s not that easy. None of those guys are under the spell anymore. I haven’t got any clue where you’re gonna get the blood you need”

“I think I might have an idea” Sam said.

“Be careful. These things are tricky bitches. Wrap ya up in knots before you know what hit ya”

~~~

We got to the medical center again to meet with doctor Roberts and she flirted with Sam a little causing Dean to roll his eyes and then I rolled my eyes at him but I was analyzing Brittney…and she still didn’t seem phased by Sam and the doctor. I know Brittney though…she’s just hiding what she feels…and that was my job. We just told the doctor we needed the blood samples but then some guy interrupted us.

“Scuse me, Dr. Roberts?”

We turned to see a man in a suit standing there. “‘Scuse me, ah, we’re a little busy here buddy” Dean said as him and Sam pulled out their badges. “Yeah, so am I, pal” he replied, pulling out his own badge and I felt my stomach get knots.

“Doc, can you give us a sec, please?” Brit asked. “Sure” she said, suspiciously and walked away. “What’s your name?” Dean asked.

“Nick Monroe, what’s yours?”

“I’m Special Agent Sam Stiles, this is my partner Dean Murdoch and our interns Agent Nash and Kim. What office you from?” Sam asked.

“Omaha. Violent Crimes Unit, my AC sent me down here to see about the murders. You?”

“D.C. Our Assistant Director assigned us” Dean said. “Which AD?” Monroe asked, skeptical. “Mike Kaiser” Sam answered.

“What are your badge numbers?”

“You’re kidding, right?” Dean asked.

“I’m just following protocol”

“Look, man, whatever, just call our AD and, ah, he’ll sort things out, huh?” Sam suggested, handing him a business card. Monroe walked a few feet away and I listened in the conversation he was having with Bobby.

“Assistant Director Kaiser, please”

“Well, that would be me. What can I do for you?”

“Yes, sir, ah, hello. It’s Agent Nick Monroe, I’m calling about, ah, two of your men. Stiles and Murdoch and their interns, it seems that they’ve been put on my case...by mistake”

“You questionin’ my authority?”

“No, no, no, sir, I’m not questioning your…”

“Well, you coulda fooled me. Last time I checked, son, D.C. has jurisdiction. Or am I wrong?”

“Ah, no sir”

“Well, good. Well, the next time you wanna waste my time with stupid questions, don’t” Then, Bobby hung up. I snickered but then Monroe came back over to us.

“I’m sorry, guys”

“Just don’t let it happen again” Dean said, simply.

“So, where are you at with this?”

“Where are you at with this?” I countered.

“Well, I was just about to run the, ah, perps blood work”

“Ah, already checked, it’s a dead end” Brit said.

“Oh yeah?”

“Yeah” Sam confirmed.

“But get this, I feel like I’ve found something that, ah, connects all the murderers”

“Really?”

“They were all banging strippers...from the same club”

“You don’t say” Dean said like we didn’t already know.

“What do you say, ah, we go down there and check it out?”

“Well, here’s the thing, Nick, see we’re kinda…”

“You know what, that sounds like an excellent idea” Sam interrupted and we all looked at him. “Give us a second” he put up a finger. Then, he got us to walk a few feet away from Monroe.

“Dude, you gotta stay with him” he said to Dean.

“What?”

“Keep him outta the way. Just take him to the strip club. Keep an eye out for the Siren. Come on, Dean, just...just focus on the naked girls, you’ll forget he’s even there…”

Dean was eyeing me. Then Sam leaned over to me. “Go with him, just to make sure he stays out of trouble” he said.

“Fine. But, I’m not doing this for you, I’m doing it for the girls” he finally said and I gave Brit the keys to the truck as Dean got Monroe to come with us.

“I’m also doing this to get you on a poll” Dean whispered to me while we were walking out.

My jaw dropped and I punched him in the shoulder. He just laughed and we reached the Impala. “We’re takin’ my ride and no complainin’ about the tunes” Dean said to Monroe.

“No way...you drive an Impala? This is a ’67 right? It’s a 327 4-barrel” Monroe said with an impressed tone.

“Yeah, actually”

“It’s a thing of beauty”

“Thanks” Dean said, proudly. “How the hell did you talk the Bureau into letting you drive your own wheels?” I left that one for Dean to answer as I got in the back seat.

~

We got to the Honeywagon and the three of us sat at a table doing shots. “Nobody’s Fault But Mine?” Dean challenged. “Oh, oh, oh! Zeppelin recorded it in ’75...it was the cover of a Blind Willie Johnson tune” Monroe said.

“Nice!”

“You Shook Me?”

“’69, debut album written by Willie Dixon”

“And...?”

“And what?”

“And written by Willie Dixon and JB Lenoir” I answered.

“Impressive”

“Dude! Y’know for a Fed you’re not a total dick” Dean commented, laughing. He was obviously drunk.

“Aren’t we all Feds?”

“Yea well not a lot of Feds are as cool as we are” I said.

He nodded, agreeing. “So what the hell with this case, man, how does a girl talk four different John’s into murder”

I saw Dean watching one of the strippers whispering into some guys ear. “It’s a crazy world” he said, watching the girl. “Yes…hey, can I level with you two? I found something kinda weird”

Dean looked back at Monroe. “Well, you’ve brought your weird to the right spot. Lay it on us”

“I went to the crime scene this morning. Saw ‘em baggin’ this up” Monroe said, putting an evidence bag on the table. It was a Hyacinth flower. “So I went back, ah, through all the files. It turns out a flower just like that was found at every crime scene”

“Like it was left on purpose?”

“I mean, y’know, sometimes a serial killer’ll leave an object behind like a calling card but with this case? To tell you the truth, I got no idea what’s going on”

I analyzed the flower…and then it clicked. “Dean…”

“So you’re thinking it too” was all he said. It was the same kind of flower that was in Dr. Cara Roberts office.

Dean and I left the club and hit the road after we did some research on Cara. We found out shes been in town for two months and she has a dead ex husband. Apparently he just dropped like a stone, no warning. Supposedly a heart attack. I called Brittney.

“Hey, you still with Sam?” I asked.

“No, I’m at the motel now, he just texted me saying he was going to be here soon. Everything okay?”

“We just haven’t been able to get in touch with him”

“Probably busy banging the doc”

“Ugh geez Sam, you really know how to pick them” I commented.

“Why do you say that?”

“We think the doc might be the siren…just be careful around Sam when he shows up alright? Stay in our room”

“Okay” I hung up.

“Sam! Where the hell have you been?!” Dean finally shouted into his phone. My ears perked up so I could listen in. “With Cara”

“Oh, it’s Cara now. And you’re not picking up your phone!”

“We were trying to find the blood samples. Someone stole ‘em”

“Yeah, I’ll bet”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Then, he looked at me. “Don’t listen in. It’s rude” he said and I made a face at him as he ignored me.

I tried to respect his request and I tried not to hear word for word but I heard he mentioned something about Brit to Sam and they kept going back and forth but apparently Sam didn’t believe Dean about Cara being the siren and lets face it…I had to listen in again.

“Look, I just don’t think it’s her” Sam argued.

“And what makes you so sure?”

“I dunno; a hunch”

“A hunch? I’m giving you cold hard facts here and you’re giving me a hunch?…did you sleep with her?”

“No” he lied.

“Holy crap you really did. Brit was right”

I punched him in the arm. “What?” I heard Sam ask.

“No, I meant…Middle of Basic Instinct and you bang Sharon Stone? Sam, you could be under her spell right now”

“Dude, I’m not under her spell”

“Unbelievable, man, I just don’t get it”

“What?”

“Nothing”

“No, say it”

No, don’t say it. “It’s just...first it’s Madison and then Ruby and now Cara. It’s like, what is with you and banging monsters?”

Dean” I chided and he gave me a look as I just shook my head.

“Look, Dean, I’m telling you it’s not Cara. I feel fine”

“I’ll bet you do”

“You don’t trust me”

“No! Because this could be the Siren talking”

So, the conversation ended with Dean not telling Sam where we were…Sam didn’t like that too much but Dean hung up anyway. Then, he called Bobby and left a message and then called Nick, telling him we needed his help. Time for a stakeout.

Brittney’s POV

I know Mel said to stay in the room and away from Sam but I think we were passed me listening to her. I knocked on the door. “Sam? It’s me” I said and the door opened quickly and he let me in.

“I’d think Mel would’ve called you and tell you to stay away from me” he said and shut the door behind me.

“She did. I just didn’t think it was necessary…do you really think that Cara isn’t the siren?” I asked him.

“I really think…hope…she isn’t the siren”

“Then, I’m trusting your gut”

“What if this is the siren talking right now? You wouldn’t know” I stepped closer to him to look into his eyes. “I know” I murmured and then we were silent, staring at each other. “Brit…I…” he stammered but stopped.

Then, he lunged at me, putting his lips on mine and he put my head in his hands as I started to kiss back immediately. We walked to the bed as I laid on my back and he hovered over me and our lips never parted. At the moment I didn’t care about how he cheated on me with Ruby…or anything else…I just cared about the moment with Sam. I still loved him…I think I’ll always love him…and while we make love, I’m going to love him even more…and I didn’t care if it was the wrong decision to fall even harder for this guy…and I think that thought scared me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333