‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

It's Too Much...

Then, I jumped slightly when Alastair screamed at the top of his lungs. At least the son of a bitch was in pain. It was silent and I felt like time was frozen…but then I heard Alastair yell out again. Then…I felt my senses start to come back to me and I heard a dripping noise.

“Do you hear that?” I asked Cas but when I turned around I saw the lights start to flicker and standing a few feet behind Cas was Adam.

“Adam” Cas stated without turning around.

“Hey there, Cas” he said, angelically. Cas turned to look at him. “Hey, Mel” he smiled charmingly.

“Hey, Adam” I inhaled sharply, in shock.

“Your human body…” Cas started and I could tell he was shocked too.

“It was destroyed, I know. Anna’s too. But I guess we’re sentimental. Called in some old favors and…” But he stopped as he looked over Cas’ shoulder and my shoulder.

“You shouldn't be here. We still have orders to kill you and your sister” Cas said.

“Somehow I don't think you'll try. Where's Uriel?”

“He went to receive revelation”

“Right” he said slowly.

As I deciphered his tone and analyzed him, I don’t think he was convinced when Cas said that…well it sounded like a tone someone would use if they were unconvinced about something.

“Why are you letting Dean do this?” Adam asked.

“He's doing God's work”

“Torturing? That's God's work? Stop him, Cas, please. Before you ruin the one real weapon you have…and why is Melissa here? She has no business here”

“Who are we to question the will of God?”

“Unless this isn't his will”

“Then where do the orders come from?”

“I don't know. One of our superiors, maybe, but not him”

Then, some wind blew around and I spun to see Anna. “Hello Melissa” she smiled warmly and I tried not to managed a warm smile back at her but it was hard.

Even though she had sex with Dean, I still liked the girl. She was sweet. “Castiel” she greeted.

I was in a room full of angels…I’m starting to feel a little uncomfortable and out of place here….

“Adam is right Castiel…you should not be letting Dean do this and Melissa shouldn’t be here to witness it…the father you love…you think he wants this? You think he'd ask this of you? You think this is righteous?” she questioned, walking slowly passed me as I stepped out of the way for her to come face to face with Cas.

I saw how he couldn’t even meet her eyes. “What you're feeling? It's called doubt” Adam said. I heard Alastair scream again and I listened carefully as I heard him start to choke and I heard some sizzling. I tried to make the fact that I was listening unnoticeable.

“These orders are wrong and you know it. But you can do the right thing. You're afraid, Cas. I was too. But together, we can still…” Anna started as I saw her reach out to touch Cas’ hand but he pulled away.

“Together? I am nothing like you. You fell. Go. Both of you. Go” he ordered.

“Cas…” Adam started.

“Go” he repeated.

Adam looked over at me to give me some kind of reassuring glance and then in a blink of an eye him and Anna vanished. How could I be reassured if I didn’t even know what was going on anymore? I could barely keep up with what Adam, Anna and Cas were talking about. Cas and I were silent as Alastair screamed out again.

“You're just not getting deep enough. Well, you lack the resources. Reality is just, I don't know, too concrete up here. Honestly, Dean, you have no idea how bad it really was, and what you really did for us” I heard Alastair say.

“Shut up” Dean whispered.

“The whole bloody thing, Dean. The reason Lilith wanted you there in the first place”

“Well, then I'll just make you shut up”

I heard the sound of tiny rocks falling and then I heard Alastair start to gargle as he tried to scream. I guessed he poured salt into his mouth. It was just a guess though. I looked to see Cas was burning holes in my head anymore, he was staring off to the sound and to the floor, very deep in thought so it was safe to continue listening.

“Something’s caught in my throat. I think it's my throat” Alastair gasped for air. “Well, strap in, 'cause I'm just starting to have fun...you know, it was supposed to be your father…he was supposed to bring it on. But, in the end, it was you”

“Bring what on?”

“Oh, every night, the same offer, remember? Same as your father…and finally you said, ‘Sign me up’…oh, the first time you picked up my razor, the first time you sliced into that weeping bitch...that was the first seal”

I felt my eyes widen as my stomach churned again and formed knots. Dean getting off the rack to do some damage to souls was the first seal?

“You're lying”

“And it is written that the first seal shall be broken when a righteous man sheds blood in hell. As he breaks, so shall it break” he recited.

“We had to break the first seal before any others. Only way to get the dominoes to fall, right? Topple the one at the front of the line. When we win, when we bring on the apocalypse and burn this earth down, we'll owe it all to you, Dean Winchester” he continued.

“Ya know. It would’ve been your bitch of a girlfriend…she was going to come here after she died…it’s where she belongs anyway…but then you just sold yourself off…a Stern is very important to them down under and if only she made it down there, that would’ve been the first seal…her soul being in Hell would’ve been enough to break the first seal…you just had to be the hero…but to see you both suffer, it really is icing on the cake”

Then, I couldn’t hear anything else. “Come on, Cas!” I complained.

He gave me a hard look. I waited for something…anything…a scream from Alastair would’ve been nice. “Is it true? The first seal…Dean broke the first seal?” I asked him.

He didn’t respond. “I could’ve broken the first seal…” I started to ask. He still didn’t respond. “What? Now you wont answer my questions?” I said, aggravated.

Then, even though I couldn’t hear anything, I felt rough vibrations…they were coming from the room. “Do you feel that at least?” I asked him.

He just stared at me with confusion and I ran for the room. I ran in and saw Alastair beating the crap out of Dean. I managed to get Ruby’s knife that was on the floor and I went to stab it into Alastair but he was quicker and he dropped Dean, grabbing my wrist tightly.

“Glad you could join us, Melissa” he hissed with the same evil grin.

Then, I followed his motions as he turned the knife on me and went to stab it into my stomach but I moved to the side quickly and threw my leg up to kick him in the face and he flew to the side. I rushed to Dean’s side and saw he looked like a beaten up plum. He had welts all over his face, blood all over his clothes and coming out of his mouth, a black eye was already forming…he looked very unattractive and yet attractive at the same time. I saw Cas went to stab Alastair but he spun to stab Castiel instead, with the knife and the wound sparked some gold light.

“Well, almost. Looks like God is on my side today” he said and Cas raised a hand and the knife started to twist by itself.

The two of them start to fight. “Well, like roaches, you celestials. Now, I really wish I knew how to kill you. But all I can do is send you back to heaven” he started to chant in Latin and Cas’ eyes and mouth started to glow a blue light.

But, then I started to quickly chant some Latin of my own and Alastair stopped and started to shake slightly. He spun around and then threw Cas to the side and he came over to me, yanking me up by my hair as I yelped in pain. Then, he punched me in the face, still holding me by my hair and I felt some roots rip out of my head. He threw me to the ground so my head hit the floor and he kicked me once…twice…I coughed up some blood.

“Ya know your daddy would’ve did just fine in Hell. We would’ve thrown a party…seemed like he was worthy enough for Heaven though…but we like to have some fun with his little princess”

He kicked me a third time and went to do it again but then I saw he was thrown to the wall and pinned. Brit was there with a hand up to him…she was the one holding him there. “Stupid pet tricks” Alastair commented.

“Who's murdering the angels? How are they doing it?” she demanded.

“You think I'm gonna tell you?”

Then, in walked Sam. “Yeah, I do” he spoke and put a hand up as well and Alastair’s eyes rolled and became white as he started to choke. “How are the demons killing angels?” Brit asked again.

“I don't know”

“Right” Sam commented.

“It's not us. We're not doing it”

“I don't believe you”

The two of them twisted their hands slightly and I could see Alastair was starting to feel more pain. “Lilith is not behind this. She wouldn't kill seven angels. Oh, she'd kill a hundred, a thousand” he chuckled, breathlessly.

Sam and Brit stopped what they were doing. “Oh, go ahead. Send me back, if you can”

“We’re stronger now” Brit smirked. “Now, we can kill” Sam said simply and then all of a sudden, a gold light started to flare inside Alastair and he screamed at the top of his lungs…and then the body collapsed to the ground. Alastair was dead…for good.

~~~

I was just in need of some bandages and a few stitches, nothing major but Dean was heavily bandaged and he was breathing through a tube with an IV in him, unconscious in the hospital bed. I was sitting in a chair at his bed side just staring at his face. Sam and Brit were standing. I felt Cas’ presence but I didn’t turn to look at him. Sam and Brit were the ones to followed him out of the room. I didn’t even try to listen…I didn’t want to…I just wanted to get Dean out of the hospital. When he wakes up…he’s going to feel worse than he already does…he just found out he’s the reason for the apocalypse…why did it have to be him…why couldn’t he just have let me die so I would be the one to carry that weight on my shoulders…hasn’t he been through enough already? I felt tears well up but I didn’t stop them from falling slowly.

Brit and Sam came back in and Brit put a hand on my shoulder and then hugged me from behind but I didn’t acknowledge her. A while passed and as I grabbed Dean’s hand lightly, his eyes started to open.

“Brittney, get a doctor” I told her and stood.

Dean opened his eyes and started to try and fight the tube. “Hey, listen to me” I tried to calm him. “Babe, you're uin a breathing tube, you have to relax” I instructed calmly as he looked up at me.

He gripped my hand tight and I saw he struggled to stay calm. A doctor and some nurses walked in and I stepped to the side so they could do their thing. Once the tube was removed, Dean didn’t say much…and I didn’t call him out on it. I just sat back down in my seat and rubbed my thumb across his hand as he held my hand. Sam asked if he was okay more than once…but after a while I suggested that him and Brittney should go get some coffee.

Dean and I were silent…there was nothing to say…there was nothing we wanted to say…and Dean was in and out of consciousness. Then Castiel appeared in the room, sitting in the chair on the other side of Dean.

“Are you okay?” he asked me.

“No…I’m not”

“I’m sorry. The Devil’s Trap shouldn’t have broken…”

“But it did. Because of the water dripping from the pipe…I heard it…I could’ve stopped it…”

“You shouldn’t blame yourself”

I was about to respond with more anger in my voice but Dean opened his eyes again, barely. “Are you all right?” Cas asked.

“No thanks to you” Dean said, finding his voice.

“You need to be more careful”

“You need to learn how to manage a damn devil's trap” he snapped to the best of his ability.

“That's not what I mean. Uriel is dead” he said and he looked back and forth from me to Dean as I looked over at him again.

“Was it the demons?” I asked.

“It was disobedience. He was working against us” Hmm figures.

We were all silent. “Is it true? Did I break the first seal? Did I start all this?” Dean asked and I heard his voice crack.

It made my insides ache as I felt more tears and I saw tears rise in his eyes as well. “Yes. When we discovered Lilith's plan for you, we laid siege to hell and we fought our way to get to you before you…”

“Jump-started the apocalypse”

“And we were too late” Cas finished and I could hear the sincerity he was feeling for Dean but I was still angry and upset with him.

“Why didn't you just leave me there, then?” he asked and Cas glanced at me.

“Because of Melissa…she wouldn’t be able to be of service to any of us if you weren’t at her side…and she would've killed herself involutarily if you stayed gone...you’re back here because of her…hold onto that”

I felt Dean look at me but I just kept staring at Cas. “It's not blame that falls on you, Dean, it's fate. The righteous man who begins it is the only one who can finish it…the righteous woman who fights for her true love must keep fighting for him…” he recited. “You both must stop it”

“Lucifer? The apocalypse? What does that mean?” Dean asked, raising his voice slightly. I felt Cas’ presence start to fade. “Hey! Don't you go disappearing on me, you son of a bitch. What does that mean!”

“I don't know”

“Bull”

“I don't. Dean, they don't tell me much. I know our fate rests with you two”

“Well, then you guys are screwed” I shook my head, hanging it. “This is too big, Cas…we cant…” my voice trailed off.

“Alastair was right. I'm not all here. I'm not strong enough…well, I guess I'm not the man either of our dads wanted me to be” he said to him.

I looked up at Cas. “Find someone else. It's not us” I said and I knew Dean agreed with my words.

I watched as a tear slipped from his eye…and then so did another…and then I realized I already had them coming down my cheeks. This was too much….
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333