‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Just A Normal Day... Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Third person

The alarm clock flipped from 5:59 to 6:00 and it started to beep. A hand came down on it to shut it off. Dean stood up, showered and got dressed in a business suit and went over to his espresso machine and poured some into his cup. He grabbed his briefcase and headed outside to his silver Toyota Prius.

'Cause he gets up in the morning
And he goes to work at nine
And he comes back home at five-thirty
Gets the same train every time
'Cause his world is built 'round punctuality
And it never fails
And he's oh so good
He's a well-respected man about town
Doing the best things so conservatively


Dean started up his car and rock music started blaring through his speakers. He made a face and then changed the station to the news and took off down the road. He got to a large skyscraper and walked in and over to the elevator. He took it up some floors, walked out of the elevator and crossed the lobby, passing a Sandover Bridge & Iron History display along the wall.

And he likes his own back yard
And he likes his fags the best
'Cause he's better than the rest
And his own sweat smells the best


Dean entered an office labeled Dean Smith-Director, Sales & Marketing on the door. He sat down at his desk and began to type on his computer.

And he hopes to grab his father's loot
When Pater passes on
'Cause he's oh so good
And he's oh so fine


He started to laugh into his head set as he was talking to someone on the other line.

And he's oh so healthy
In his body and his mind


He started talking to someone who he works with and they started to socialize.

He's a well-respected man about town
Doing the best things so conservatively


There was a knock at the door. “Come in” Dean called.

The door opened slowly and there, stood Melissa in a long black skirt with a respectable, light blue shirt on, smiling at Dean and he grinned at her as she walked in and shut the door.

“Am I late?” she questioned.

“For our lunch date? You’re right on time” he stood.

“I got you your usual” she said, setting down two boxes of salads onto his desk.

He walked around to her and put a hand on her waist to make her turn around and she grinned as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he kissed her. “You’re coming back to my place tonight, right?” he asked

“I don’t know. You’re the boss. You tell me” she smirked and pushed him away slightly.

He just grinned and then pulled over a chair for her to sit in and then he went back around to sit in his own chair. They both sat down, he put his tie up and over his shoulder and they began to eat. While, they ate, they talked and laughed occasionally having someone interrupt by calling Dean’s headset but Melissa didn’t mind. She understood.

“How could you think my dad hates you?” she started to laugh.

“Did you see the way he was looking at me last time we had dinner at your parents house?”

“Oh, that’s the way he looks at everyone” she waved it off.

He gave her a look and she just laughed and he smiled. Then, the door opened. “Am I interrupting?” a voice asked and they both stood quickly at the sound of their superior, walking in.

“Oh, Mr. Adler. I’m sorry. I was just leaving” Melissa spoke quickly, grabbing her garbage and Dean’s garbage.

“Don’t worry about it, darling. I just came in to check in with Dean” he said and she calmed down a bit. “Good stuff, Dean” he slapped Dean’s shoulder.

“Good stuff?”

“Big things. Good stuff”

“Good stuff’ Dean repeated and Melissa just smiled.

Night fell and as Dean was checking his phone, he walked into the elevator and stood beside Sam who was wearing a short-sleeved shirt that said Sandover Bridge & Iron Inc. Tech Support. They were silent at first as the door shut.

“Do I know you?” Sam finally asked. Dean glanced up at him but continued to awkwardly look down at his phone.

“I don't think so”

“I'm sorry, man, you just look really familiar”

“Save it for the health club, pal” he was about to walk out as the elevator opened but Melissa was standing there. “I thought I was going to pick you up at your desk” Dean said to her.

“Why waste anymore time?” she questioned, smirking and he grinned as she stepped in and turned around.

He checked her out from behind as she smirked and Sam shifted uncomfortably. “Hold the elevator!” a voice called.

Melissa stepped forward quickly to put her hand in between the doors of the elevator so it opened back up and Brittney walked right in, wearing a similar attire to Melissa. “Thanks, Ms. Beyer” she said, politely.

“No problem, Brittney” she smiled and it was silent went the doors shut again.

Brittney casually scanned the elevator, seeing Dean and Sam behind them and her eyes held onto Sam’s. “Did you make those calls today, Brittney?” Melissa asked and she snapped out of her daze to look at her.

“Uhh yes I did. They will all be at the meeting tomorrow but I just couldn’t get in touch with Lisa Kates"

“She’s impossible to get in touch with. Don’t worry, I’ll take care of it. Thank you” she smiled and they all just stared up at the numbers light up, waiting for the designated floor.

Then, the doors opened again and Dean and Melissa both walked out and walked toward the exit hand-in-hand. Brittney walked out as well but glanced back at Sam and they made eye contact…it was a bit flirtatious but it was also like they were having a moment.

The next day, in the building while Sam was in his cubicle, amongst many others in cubicles, he was on the phone, talking to someone through his head set as the poked the head of a vampire bobble head.

“Tech support, this is Sam Wesson…okay uh, well, did you try turning it off and then on?…okay, go ahead and turn it off…no, no, no, just, just off…all right, give it a second…turn it back on…okay, is it printing now?…Great. Anytime” he said and then took off his headset.

Then, a guy that wasn’t wearing a yellow shirt rolled his chair over to Sam. “Hey” he said. “Yo” Sam replied.

“What do you think of Mimi?"

“She's okay” he shrugged as he looked over at an elderly woman, working.

“Might have to hit that"

“Oh, dude, that's totally age-inappropriate” Sam made a face.

“Experience”

“Trifocals”

“There's a MILF there, Sam. I just know it. Maybe a GMILF”

Sam saw Brittney walk into a room where the refreshments are. He stood. “Come on”

“Coffee break?”

“Yeah, for sure”

They passed by another guy in his cubicle. “Paul. Time for a refuel, buddy”

“Sorry, no time”

“Since when? Dude, we get paid by the hour”

“Working”

“Okay”

“He seems stressed” Sam said as they walked away.

“Probably freaked because he got busted surfing porn on the Internet”

“No. No way. When?” Sam said in disbelief, trying not to laugh so loud.

“Got sent up to HR yesterday. Guess they put the fear of God in him”

They got to the break room and Sam stared at Brittney who was making some popcorn. Sam kept glancing at her as he poured himself some coffee. Then, he saw Ian stuffing some pencils from the cabinet into his pockets. “Ian, dude” Sam hissed.

“Just doing a little shopping. Running low at home”

Sam handed Ian a cup of coffee as he kept checking out Brittney and she started to smirk as she felt his eyes on her. Ian was oblivious though. “So, Sam, had any of those dreams lately?” Ian said and Sam just shook his head at his friend. “What? Don't be like that. Come on. It's the highlight of my day”

“I never should have told you in the first place”

“They're genius. Don't hold out on me, dude. Share with the rest of the class”

“You're just gonna be a dick about it”

“What? No way. I won't say a word. Total respect. Go”

“I dreamt that I saved a Grim Reaper named Tessa from demons”

Brittney tensed up and looked over at him. He became uncomfortable as Ian bust out laughing. “Classic! How much D&D did you play when you were a kid? Oh, my…okay, so you-rescuing the Grim Reaper. That's…you're a hero. I mean, thank God we got Harry Potter here to save us all from the apocalypse”

“Dick”

“Wizard”

Sam went to follow Ian out of the room but Brittney spun around too fast and collided with Sam. He held onto her so she wouldn’t fall but she got some popcorn on the floor. “I’m sorry” she said as they both started to pick up the pieces.

“Don’t worry about it” he assured her.

They were awkwardly silent. “So umm…I didn’t mean to eavesdrop but…a reaper named Tessa huh” she questioned.

She wasn’t taunting or teasing…she was just curious. He tensed up. “Well uhh they’re just dreams. I have weird dreams like them all the time”

“Hmm me too” she nodded.

“You do?”

“Yea…”

Then, their hands touched and at the same time they had flashes of memories of both of them fighting along side Melissa and Dean, killing demons, fighting a ghost and some of vampires. They both shot up and just stared at each other.

“Umm I have to go” she said quickly and rushed out. “Yea, yea me too” he said but just stood there, rubbing the back of his head, with his feet unsure of where to go because he was more than just confused.

~

In the elevator, people poured out onto a floor and then it was just Melissa and Sam. He was glancing at her. He thought he would try it with her this time. “Umm I’m sorry but do I know you? You look familiar” he tried.

“I don’t think so…you work with tech support though, I umm...I walk around the floor sometimes checking up on things and people” she nodded, awkwardly.

“Right, right…can I ask you something?” he wondered.

“Umm I’m kind of taken…” she said, weirdly, just wanting to get out of the elevator.

She had to be nice all day long to people, she just wanted to be alone in her office to be miserable. “No, no I know. It’s not that…I was wondering if I could just ask you something else”

She sucked it up. “Yea…yea, sure. What is it?” she faced him, keeping eye contact with him.

Her eye contact made her confidence intimidate him a little. He stammered some as she waited patiently…and she was slowly getting restless. But, then the doors opened again and Dean walked in.

“Umm this is my floor” she said.

“Okay, yea, never mind” he said and she eyed him.

“Hey, babe” Dean kissed her cheek. “I’ll pick you up at your desk and we’ll go out for lunch today” he said as she held the doors open and started walking out slowly.

“You can do that?”

“I’m the boss. Course I can” he joked lightly and she just grinned and walked away.

Then, when the doors shut, his face became hard as he looked at Sam. “That’s off limits” he said.

“What? Her? Oh, yea I know. Don’t worry…can I ask you something”

“Look, man, I told you, I'm not into the, uh…”

“Oh come on, I'm not either. I just wanna ask you one question” Dean knew there was no escape, so he nodded. “What do you think about ghosts?” Sam finally asked.

“Ghosts?”

“Do you believe in them?”

“Uh, tell you the truth, I've never given it much thought”

“Vampires?”

“What? Why?”

“Because I've been having some weird dreams lately. You know what I mean?”

“No. Not really”

“So you've never had any...weird dreams?”

“All right, look, man, I don't know you, okay? But I'm gonna do a public service and, uh, let you know that you over share” Dean gave him eye contact and then left when the doors opened up.

Melissa reached where Brittney was standing, leaning on a desk, looking down at some papers she printed out. They were of Dracula wannabes and whatnot. “Hey Brittney, Mr. Smith will be here around 12:00 can you just buzz in and warn me when you see him, you know how I lose track of time”

“Of course, Ms. Beyer” she nodded. Melissa smiled and went to walk to her office. “Umm Melissa? Can I talk to you? It’ll only take a second”

“Yea, sure, come in”

They both walked in. Brittney was the only one she didn’t mind having the company of and Brittney felt a different connection with Melissa than with her other superiors.

“What’s up?” Melissa asked as she got comfortable in her chair.

“…it’s a stupid question…”

“Ask anyway” Melissa smiled.

“Umm I was just wondering if you believed in ghosts” Brittney finally asked.

Melissa was a little taken back by the weird question but she tried not to show too much emotion. “Umm yea, I guess…I never gave it much thought before though”

“How about vampires?”

“Umm I don’t know. Why?”

“I don’t know. I’ve just been having weird dreams lately…you haven’t been having weird dreams have you?”

“Umm no. Not really…there was this one dream but I didn’t…” she shook her head and Brittney gave her an encouraging look to continue as she sat down in front of her. “I don’t know…it was just this dream where I was fighting off this demon or whatever…it was a weird dream but I figured it was just like any old dream…”

“Maybe it’s not” she suggested and Melissa just stared at her weirdly.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333