‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The Prophet

The next day, we got to Chuck’s house and he seemed very nervous as he was pacing. He held up more pages. “So…you wrote another chapter?” Sam asked.

“This was all so much easier before you were real”

“We can take it. Just spit it out” I said.

“You two especially are not gonna like this…” he looked at Dean and I. “Neither are you, Brittney”

“Yea, well I didn’t like Hell” Dean quipped lightly.

“It's Lilith. She's coming for Sam”

“Coming to kill him?” Dean asked him. “Just him?” I added. “When?” Sam asked.

“Tonight"

“She's just gonna show up? Here?” Brit wondered.

Chuck put his glasses on to look down at the papers in his hands. “Lilith patted the bed seductively. Unable to deny his desire, Sam succumbed, and they sank into the throes of fiery demonic passion” he read.

Sam started to laugh. “You're kidding me, right?”

“You think this is funny?” Dean questioned.

“You don't? I mean, come on. ‘Fiery demonic passion’?”

“It's just a first draft” Chuck defended himself lightly.

"Wait, but Lilith is a little girl” Brit reminded.

“No, uh, this time she's a…‘Comely dental hygienist from Bloomington, Indiana’”

“Great. Perfect. So what happens after the...‘Fiery demonic’ whatever?” I asked.

“I don't know, it hasn't come to me yet. I would think she would go after you and Brittney…she does want Brittney dead and your head on a stick”

“Yes, I remember” I said, annoyed. “Look, there's nothing to worry about. Lilith and me? In bed?” Sam said. “How does this whole psychic thing of yours work?” Dean asked, glaring at Sam.

“You mean my process?”

“Yes. He means your process” I said, narrowing my eyes.

“Well, it usually starts with a headache. A really bad headache. Aspirin is useless, so... I drink. Until I fall asleep. The first time it happened, I thought it was just a crazy dream”

“The first time you dreamt about us?” Brit asked.

“It flowed. It just kept flowing. Still does. I-I can't stop it, really”

“You can't seriously believe…” Sam started. “Humor me” Dean snapped.

“Look, why don’t we just…” I started and Chuck held out the manuscript to me. “Take a look and see what’s up” I finished and took it from him. I gave him a look.

“Knew you were gonna ask for that, yea” he said and it was like he couldn’t look me in the eye and when he tried to, he chickened out. I mean, I’m not that scary….

~~

We hit the road but turns out we couldn’t leave town because the only way out was to take a damn bridge that apparently was out of the question so we had to stay and it was getting dark and we were getting hungry so we got to a diner and sat down at a table. Sam scoffed, reading chuck’s writing.

“The minivan accident wasn't that bad, but Dean was still seeing stars. He scratched absently at the pink, flower band-aids on his face” he read.

“So?” Dean questioned.

“So, I've seen you gushing blood. You'd use duct tape and bar rags before you'd put on a pink, flower band-aid”

“What's your point?”

“His point is that all of this…is just totally nuts” Brit said for him and Sam nodded. “He’s been right about everything so far, though…” I started.

“Dean slid behind the wheel of his beloved Impala with Melissa sitting right beside him and they drove off, the plastic tarp on the rear window flapping like the wings of a crow” Sam continued reading.

A tarp?” Dean questioned.

“Yeah. On the rear window. And you drive it like that”

“Well, he might be wrong about the details, but doesn't mean he's wrong about the end result”

“So we’re just gonna run?”

“Dude, we are a long way from ready for a face-to-face death match with Lilith”

“Hey, this could be a good thing. Like, if this is what puts us on the path to Lilith then we just have to get off the path” I said, smiling at my great idea. “She’s right” Dean agreed.

“Of course I am”

“How do you mean?” Sam asked.

“It's a blueprint of what not to do. I mean, if the pages say that we go left…” Dean explained. “Then we go right” Brit stated, taking the manuscript.

“Exactly. We get off-book. We never make it to the end. It's opposite day” Dean said.

“Okay, well here it says that Sam and Dean get into a fight…so no fighting…and no research for you…” she pointed to Sam. “It says I contribute to the argument so no intervening for me”

“No bacon cheeseburger for you” Sam said to Dean.

He pouted slightly. “Yeah, no problem. I'll just order something else”

Then, a waitress walked over to us. “Hi, uh, what's good?”

“Well, if you like burgers, Oprah's girlfriend said we have the best bacon cheeseburgers in the country"

“I'll just have the cob salad, please” Sam said. “Make that two” Brit said.

“I'll have the…veggie tofu burger. Thanks” Dean said and I heard his pain when he said that. “I’ll have the bacon cheeseburger” I said smirking.

Then, she took the menus and left. “I hate you” Dean said to me. “I know” I sighed, smiling as I sat back in my chair.

He smiled back at me and I saw how he started to lean closer to me. “Hey! You two. It says here that you guys kiss in front of me and Sam and as much as I love seeing you two exchange spit…” Brit said, sarcastically. “You’re not aloud to until we get out of here” she added.

Sam snickered and I smirked as Dean hung his head. “Fine” he looked away from me and I leaned forward, putting one elbow on the table and I held my head up, using my fist as I put my head to the side.

“This whole thing's ridiculous” Sam said. “Lilith is ridiculous?” Dean asked.

“The idea of me hooking up with her is”

“Right. 'Cause something like that can never happen” Dean said, sarcastically.

“Dean, for the first time, we have warning that Lilith is close”

“So?”

“So…we've got the jump on her. If we know when she's coming, we know where she is…this is an opportunity”

I saw Brit want to add in her two cents but I gave her a look. “Are you…” Dean started and I nudged him so he would cool his tone a little. “It frustrates me when you say such reckless things”

“Well, it frustrates me when you'd rather hide than fight”

The waitress came back and set down Brit and Sam’s salads and then handed me my burger and Dean’s tofu burger and she left after we thanked her. “It's not hiding. It's being smart. It's picking your battles. And this is a battle that we are not ready to fight”

I saw Brit try to say something again and I kicked her under the table. She grunted. Dean took a bite of his food. “Oh, my god. This is delicious. Tofu is amazing!” Dean said, excitedly.

But, then, I took a bite of mine. “Oh…oh God. What the hell is this” I made a face and spit it out into my napkin.

Sam took my burger to look at it. “That’s tofu” he said. Then, I looked at Dean’s burger…it was my bacon cheeseburger. I sighed in annoyance. I just wanted my burger.

Then, when I dropped my hand to the table, my silverware fell to the floor. I went to bend and pick it up but it was at the same time Dean went to pick it up for me and our lips collided. I quickly backed up as Dean and I held each others eyes with blank looks.

“Chuck’s writing strikes again” Brit sighed. “Damn” I muttered.

~~

We got to a motel that said Toreador Motel on the sign. It was sleazy-looking and charged by the hour but Dean said the book says Lilith finds Sam at the Red Motel…hence the hooker inn so we just got a room and the four of us walked in and Dean tossed me a few hex bags from his bag and we started to place some around the room.

“What are you doing?” Sam asked. “Couple of hex bags ought to Lilith-Proof the room” Dean said.

“So, what? I'm supposed to just hole up here all night?”

“That's exactly what you're gonna do” I said.

“And no research. I don't care what you do. Behave yourself, would you? No homework. Watch some porn…create some porn” Dean wiggled his eye brows, gesturing to Brit.

I smacked him upside the head. “Just…give each other some company” I said. “What are you two gonna do?” Sam asked.

“Well, the pages say that Mel and I spend all day riding around in the Impala. So I'm gonna go park her and we‘re gonna go out for a walk…remember what I said about the porn” he said and I just pushed him out the door as he laughed, pleased with himself.

So, we got in the Impala, drove it somewhere and then parked it. We got out and just started walking around. I felt Dean staring at me and my eyes twitched toward him a few times as I started to feel uncomfortable.

“What?” I finally snapped. “I’m seeing if my eyes can really hypnotize you” he said. “Oh my goodness!” I exclaimed and pushed him.

“So, why do you like my eyes? What makes them sexy?”

“You wanna know?” I asked and I stopped him so we faced each other. “I like the color green” I said and I admit, I made it sound a little sexual as the sentence rolled off my tongue.

“But…it’d be better if they were blue” I shrugged, backing away form him and I continued walking. “Wait, what? You’d rather my eyes be blue?”

“Oh yea, I’m a sucker for blue eyes…oh and brown eyes. I almost fell hard for Sam” I said and I was just kidding but I think he thought I was serious.

“Well, I like girls without belly button rings that get caught on my lip”

“Really?” I inquired, raising my eyebrows. “Hell no” he replied and stopped me from walking.

I laughed lightly as I put my arms around his neck and he put his hands on my waist. “Were you serious about the blue eyes, brown eyes, Sam thing?”

I laughed more. “No, Dean…I love your sexy eyes”

He grinned. “And I love your blue eyes”

“Do you really?” I asked him, pretending to get gushy. He rolled his eyes at me. I grinned this time. “What else do you love about me?” I whispered, bringing my face closer to his.

“I love it when your hand is in my hair”

I started to play with the hair on the back of his head. “Like this?” I smirked. “Yea” he nodded and grinned and then he kissed me.

But, then when I went to open my eyes again, I saw some guys trying to break into the Impala. “Dean” I hit his chest lightly with the palm of my hand and I pointed over at the guys. He looked.

“Hey!” he grunted and took off toward them. “Dean!” I yelled as he just ran into the middle of the street and a van drove right into him. He flew onto the hood and then rolled off onto the pavement. “Dean!” I yelled again and raced to his side.

~~

“Dean…Dean, hey, are you alright?” I asked, getting his attention as he started to opened his eyes.

The blond woman who hit him was hovering over him as well and Dean looked up at her. “Stars” he said and grunted.

I looked up and saw the woman wearing dangling star earrings. “I'm so sorry. I just didn't see you. Are you okay?” the woman asked as Dean sat up. “And sorry about...you know. My daughter's going through a doctor phase”

“What are you talking about?”

“You're all better now” the little girl said.

“Dean” I said lightly and pulled one of the pink flower band-aids off his face and showed it to him.

I helped him up and he looked in the reflection of himself in the window to see two more on his face. He grunted and saw his back window was smashed in so he put a tarp on to cover the back, we just got into the Impala and got to Chuck’s place.

We walked in and only a few minutes went by before Chuck came walking in with a brown bag in his arms. “Dean. Melissa” he said, slightly shocked but not completely. “I take it you knew we'd be here” Dean assumed.

“You look terrible”

“That's 'cause I just got hit by a minivan, Chuck”

“Oh”

“That it? Every damn thing you write about me comes true and that’s all you have to say to me is ‘oh’?!”

“Dean, stop it” I said, sternly, putting a hand on his chest.

“Please don't yell at me”

“Why do I get the feeling there's something that you're not telling us?” Dean questioned.

“What wouldn’t I be telling you?”

“How you know what you know, for starters!”

“I don't know how I know, I just do!”

Then, Dean went right passed me and shoved Chuck against the wall. “That's not good enough. How the hell are you doing this?!”

“Dean, let him go!” I yelled him as I yanked him off but there was an echo in the room cause I heard another voice repeat what I just said.

We turned to see Castiel standing there. “This man is to be protected”

“Why?” I asked.

“He's a Prophet of the Lord” Dean and I just stared at him.

“You...you're Castiel...aren't you” Chuck assumed.

“It's an honor to meet you, Chuck. I...admire your work”

Chuck picked up some pages and started to look through them. “Whoa, whoa, what? This guy, a prophet? Come on, he's…he's...he's practically a penthouse forum writer” Dean said.

“Did you know about this?” I demanded, staring Chuck down. He stumbled over to his armchair and poured himself some whiskey.

“I, uh, I might have dreamt about it”

“And you didn’t tell us?!” I yelled at him. Now it was my turn to be mad.

“It was too preposterous. Not to mention arrogant. I mean, writing yourself into the story is one thing, but as a prophet? That's like M. Night-level douchiness” he said and gulped down his drink.

“This is the guy who decides our fate?” Dean asked, quietly to Cas.

“He isn't deciding anything. He's a mouthpiece…a conduit for the inspired word"

“The word? The word of god? What, like the new, new testament?” I asked.

“One day, these books…they'll be known as the Winchester gospel…the Hails gospel…the Stern gospel…”

“You got to be kidding me” Dean, Chuck and I all said in unison.

“I am not...kidding you” Cas replied as if he didn’t know what the term kidding meant. “If you'd both please excuse me one minute” Chuck said and quickly disappeared upstairs.

“Him? Really?” I questioned.

“You should've seen Luke”

“Why'd he get tapped?” Dean asked.

“I don't know how prophets are chosen. The order comes from high up on the celestial chain of command”

“How high?” I asked.

“Very”

“Well, whatever. How do we get around this?” Dean asked.

“Around what?”

“The Sam-Lilith love connection. How do we stop it from happening?”

“What the prophet has written can't be unwritten. As he has seen it, so it shall come to pass” Well those just aren’t words I wanted to hear.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333