‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Overwhelmed Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
We were in the middle of nowhere, driving, but I looked up to see how the stars were out and it made the night sky glow. The next motel was miles from where we were and it seemed like we were going to be spending the night in the truck anyway…so I called Dean. I got him to agree that it was getting late and he also liked the idea of looking up at the stars. It hasn’t been a long time since we last made time for it but its been a while. We pulled into a small clearing and all got out. The boys handed us beers and as Sam and Brit got on the hood of the Impala, I watched as they got close to each other, murmuring to one another and they were cuddling a little just like they used to. The window was rolled down so I put my foot on the door and I threw myself up onto the roof of the Impala and Dean joined me. We both got comfortable up there, being careful not to dent it or scratch it up.

As I leaned back with one arm supporting me since I was holding my beer with my other hand, Dean did the same and he put his hand over mine. I stared at him for a moment, smiling into his eyes. He kissed me gently…then we pulled away and I looked at Sam and Brit to see him put an arm around her and she let him. The four of us just looked up at the stars in awe and in silence…not wanting to ruin the moment…none of us spoke a single word…and we were all okay with it. That night, Brit and I slept in the truck while the boys slept in the Impala and we were okay with that too. The truck and the Impala were our homes…they gave us roofs over our heads…and they were the memories that we had forever.

The day after that one, we actually had a case this time around which I was overjoyed about. I feel like we’re just always dealing with angel crap now with a crazy ass demon girl out to get us, I needed just a normal, regular hunt…but of course we couldn’t even get that. Turns out the dude that called John’s phone for help was Sam and Dean’s brother, Adam…and of course whenever I hear his name I think of the angel, Adam, that I had sex with and I think Dean was thinking the same thing because he was like out to get this kid…it was either that or the fact that he was John’s son. John was definitely busy playing the hero…and Sam got busy playing the big brother, teaching Adam the ropes. But it turned out that this Adam kid was actually dead the whole time while a ghoul was pretending to be Adam and it ended with Dean and me saving Sam and Brittney’s asses from the Adam ghoul and his ghoul of a mother.

Next on the agenda? Protecting Castiel’s vessel. Yea…Cas came to me in a dream and he came to Dean in a dream, telling us where he was and that we had to meet him…but when we got to the address, the abandoned building was trashed…angel on angel action took place…but we found Cas’ body in the rubble…his name was Jimmy. Nice guy…insane appetite. The plan was to protect him till we got in touch with Cas again because demons were bound to want this guy even though he couldn’t remember much…but he took off to see his wife and his daughter. We got to him in time when demons found him…and Dean and I gave Brit and Sam the okay to gank the demons with their mojo whatever…but they struggled…and it was more than just weird. I told Brittney how she was scaring me…I mean, her and Sam ganked Alastair and they couldn’t even wipe out a simple stunt demon? It didn’t make sense. But, before the argument could go further, it turned out Jimmy’s wife was possessed. We made a plan and went to the abandoned warehouse…but of course, it was Dean’s plan and it failed miserably…and here we are now.

There was a little dialogue as the little girl was tied to a chair…and then the possessed wife shot Jimmy so he fell to the ground already bleeding really bad. As Sam, Brit and I were fighting off the three demons that were containing us, I saw Sam and Brit had pinned down two of them and I went to help Dean with the third demon but I saw the little girl burn off the ropes and I knew right away it was Cas. She walked over to Dean and the demon, put two fingers on the demon’s head and he dropped to the ground. I helped Dean up but then I got a fist full of his jacket as I clenched onto it while a really strong scent of iron filled my nose. I turned my head to see Sam and Brit drinking the blood from the demons necks like freakin vampires. Dean and I watched in horror as Cas stared with the blank look he always has…except this time he was in a little girl…which sounded so wrong but it wasn’t the point at the moment.

I cringed as I saw Sam and Brit stand with blood all over their faces and they put out their hands and the demon smoke flowed out of Jimmy’s wife with ease and she knelt to the ground so Dean and I ran to her. Jimmy was gasping on the ground and I could just hear him being near death as Cas walked over to him and knelt down.

“Of course we keep our promises. Of course you have our gratitude. You served us well. Your work is done. It’s time to go home now. Your real home. You’ll rest forever in the fields of the Lord. Rest now, Jimmy”

“Claire!” Jimmy yelled out, pleadingly.

“She’s with me now. She’s chosen. It’s in her blood. As it was in yours”

“Please, Castiel. Take me, please”

“I want to make sure you understand…you won’t die, or age. If this last year was painful for you, picture a hundred. A thousand more like it”

Jimmy started to bleed out of his mouth as we all just watched him plead with Cas. “It doesn’t matter! You take me! Just take me”

“As you wish”

Then, we watched as Cas put a hand on Jimmy’s face and there was a bright light…Claire (Jimmy’s daughter) was herself again and Cas was Jimmy again. Clair rushed to her mother and Cas looked at them once, as he stood and then started walking away.

“Cas, hold on” I spoke. “What were you going to tell us?” Dean asked.

“I learned my lesson while I was away, Dean and Melissa…I serve Heaven, I don’t serve man. And I certainly don’t serve you two” he said very coldly and then he just left as we watched him leave. I could only imagine what happened to him while he was gone.

~~

We hit the road and Brit and I sat in silence while following the boys. I felt Brittney keep glancing at me with an anxious look. “Alright…go for it” she finally said

“Go for what?” I asked, quietly.

“Yell at me already! Scream! Pull off to the side and take a swing, beat the crap out of me”

“I’m not going to beat the crap out of you” I replied, still keeping my voice quiet.

“Come on, you have to be mad at me”

“Well, I’m not mad at you, Brittney”

“You only say my full name when you’re made or annoyed with me…let me at least explain”

“No. Don’t…I don’t care”

Don’t care?”

“Yes. I don’t care…what do you want me to say, Brit? Yea, I’m disappointed but mostly I’m just tired. I’m done okay. I’m just done”

She didn’t respond right away…and when she opened her mouth to say something, my cell rang. It was Dean. He called to tell us that we were heading to Bobby’s because Bobby said that he needed help with a demon problem…and I knew what he meant by it. Dean planned this with Bobby…and I chose to go along with it…because it was definitely something that needed to be done.

We got to Bobby’s place and I shoved my hands in my pockets as we headed downstairs to the basement. “Thanks for shaking a tail” Bobby said as we got to the panic room. Sam opened the door. “Now go on inside, I wanna show you something” Bobby said and Brit shrugged as her and Sam walked right in.

“Alright…” she started. “So what’s the big demon problem?” Sam asked as they turned to face us who were standing out of the panic room.

“You two are. This is for your own good” Bobby replied and we shut the door.

I turned my back as they locked the door and shut the small slidy, rectangle window thing. “Guys?” Sam spoke. “Hey, guys, seriously, come on!” Brittney added. I started to pace and try to control my breathing. This was for their own good…this was for their own good….

Bobby walked upstairs for us to talk to them. Dean opened the latch to the small, rectangle barred window so we could see each other. “This really isn’t funny guys” Sam said. “Damn straight it’s not funny” I shook my head.

“Mel, come on. This is crazy” Brit tried and I just stared at her. “No. Not until you both dry out” Dean spoke for me.

“Look, we’re sorry. We shouldn't have lied to you two. Just open the door” Sam said.

“You don't have to apologize. It's not either of your faults. It's not your fault that you lied to us over and over again. I get it now. You couldn't help it” Dean said and I heard some sarcasm in his voice but at the moment I could barely process the color red.

“We aren’t some junkies” Brit said.

“Really? I guess I've just imagined how strung out you've both been lately”

“You're actually trying to twist this into some kind of ridiculous drug intervention?”

“If it smells like a duck”

“Dean, we’re not drinking the demon blood for kicks. We’re getting strong enough to kill Lilith” Sam said. “Strong?” I inquired.

“Yea”

“This is no where near strong. Try again. Try weak. Try desperate. Try pathetic

“Killing Lilith is what matters” Brit said.

“Or are you both so busy being self-righteous you forgot about her?…or maybe you’re so focused on rebelling against just joining us and trying it” Sam said.

“Do you hear how you sound? Come to the dark side. That’s what I’m hearing”

“Ruby said you alone can wipe out Lilith if you just tried” Sam said.

I got close to the window. “Do not talk about that slut with me” I hissed and glared as he glared right back at me.

That was something I hated about Sam…he became immune to my stare…or he was just good at acting immune. “Lilith's gonna die. Bobby, Mel and I will kill her. But not with you” Dean spoke so I took it as a cue to back off a little.

“You're not serious” Brit said, incredulous, as Sam’s look showed how he was in shock as well.

“Congrats, Sammy and Brit. You just bought yourselves benchwarmer seats to the apocalypse” Dean quipped lightly and then shut the window latch.

Sam and Brit started to yell for us to let them out…and I just stood there for a moment. I had to walk away though…it pained me to hear them call out to us and we didn’t do anything about…I was bound to break…and Dean saw that too so he put a hand on the small of my back to lead me upstairs.

~

I was pacing…and I felt my feet start to hurt…but I couldn’t stay still. I listened to Sam and Brittney yell and scream and it seemed like they were hallucinating because I heard them shouting stuff about Alastair…but it wasn’t possible since he was dead and plus even if he somehow came back to…demon form, he wouldn’t be able to get into the room…and hearing them hallucinate was the worst. I stopped to look in the direction of the door that headed downstairs but then I spun and Dean put his hands up to cover my ears.

“Don’t listen” he whispered and shook his head, looking into my eyes. I just nodded and he brought his hands down so I blocked out Sam and Brittney to the best of my ability.

“You’ve been pacing for 40 minutes straight. Now, I know it’s what you do but you should sit…”

“I can’t”

He just stared at me…and then Sam and Brittney yelled out again with the word ‘Stop’ coming out of their mouths…and I wasn’t the only one who could hear that one. “How long is this gonna go on?” Dean asked Bobby.

“Here, let me look it up in my demon-detox manual. Oh wait. No one ever wrote one. No telling how long it'll take. Hell, or if Sam and Brittney will even live through it”

Dean and I just hung our heads slightly. Then, Bobby’s phone rang. He sighed as he answered it. “Hello…suck dirt and die, Rufus. You call me again, I'll kill you” he said and hung up.

“Problem with Rufus?” I questioned. “He knows” was all he said before he cell rang again. “I'm busy, you son of a bitch. This better be important” he said and walked off.

I sighed and started to pace again. Dean opened his mouth to try and get me to stop but I just threw him a death stare and he kept his mouth shut so I continued to pace. I loved Sammy and Brit to death…and this was just killing me inside. When I spun to pace back, I bumped into Dean and he planted his lips on mine. I immediately started to kiss back as I got two handfuls of his jacket, keeping him close to me. I admit, it kept me distracted while we made out in Bobby’s living room…but I also felt weird since it was in Bobby’s living room. Then, I heard footsteps and I pushed Dean away slightly so I could continue to pace as Bobby came walking in with some kind of article. I read it.

“This is what Rufus called about?” Dean asked. “‘Key West sees ten species go extinct’” I read the title.

“Yep. Plus Alaska. Fifteen-man fishing crew all stricken blind, cause unknown. New York, teacher goes postal, locks the door, kills exactly sixty-six kids. All this in a single day. I looked them up. There's no doubt about it. They're all seals. Breaking. Fast” Bobby explained.

“How many are left?”

“Who knows? Can't be many. Where the hell are your angel pals?”

“You tell me” Dean shook his head.

“I'm just wondering…the apocalypse being nigh and all...is now really the best time to be having this little domestic drama of ours?”

“What do you mean?”

“Well, I don't like this any more than you do, but Sam and Brittney can kill demons…and so can you…” He looked at me. “You’ve got a shot at stopping Armageddon”

“So what? Sacrifice Sam, Brittney and Melissa’s lives, their souls, for the greater good? Is that what you're saying? Times are bad, so let's use them all as nuclear warheads?”

“Please, will everyone stop asking me to do something I don’t want to do!” I snapped.

“Look, I know you hate me for suggesting it. I hate me for suggesting it. I love that boy like a son and I love you and Brittney like daughters…”

He looked at me again…but then he looked at Dean. “All I'm saying is maybe they’re here right now instead of on the battlefield because we love them too much” he finished, just having eye contact with Dean.

I couldn’t take it. I needed air. I felt claustrophobic and the sudden silence between all of us wasn’t helping anything. I stormed out of Bobby’s place and to the salvage yard with all the junk cars around. I started to hyperventilate a little as I began to pace more. Why was everyone trying to pressure me into doing what I’ve never wanted to confront. All my life, I never wanted to have anything to do with my demon whatever…I just had to deal with the extreme senses and I was okay with that, they’ve definitely come in handy. But asking me this…to do what Brit and Sam were doing…drinking demon blood to kill off some demons…yea the sons of bitches deserved to die…but to do it that way…am I wrong for refusing the power I have inside me?

I heard footsteps and felt the vibrations in the ground and I was too worked up to even think about who it was so I spun quickly, throwing a punch. “Whoa there” Dean said as he caught my fist in his hand.

I calmed down a little just with his presence. “Do you know how long it took me to be able to block your punch? I deserve some praise” he smirked but I couldn’t even manage a small smile.

He let go as my arm dropped. “Do you think I’m wrong for not…doing what Sam and Brit are doing?” I asked.

His face became serious as his eyes became hard and he stared right into mine as he put my face in his hands. His eyes may have been hard on me but I still saw the gentleness in them.

“No. I don’t” he said, sternly.

That was it though…and it was all he needed to say. I just nodded and then he kissed me hard…it was passionate…and then it lightened up slightly and it was gentle…and then he pulled away to just stare into my eyes. We weren’t exactly an official…relationship whatever…we had our moments…we kissed…had sex…but we weren’t tied down to each other…no attachments.

“How about you take a swing at me, just like old times…just to get some of your anger out…then I can get some of my own anger out...in the back of the Impala” he smirked. And there goes the moment….

“How about I take a swing at you anyway”

“Mmm sorry but taking a swing at me comes with a price”

I just rolled my eyes at him. “Maybe later” I said, smugly and patted his cheek. He continued to smirk.

A while passed and Dean and I have been calling out for Cas to come and he just now decided to appear as night fell. “Well, it's about time. We’ve been screaming ourselves hoarse out here for about two and a half hours now” Dean said.

“What do you want?”

“You can start with what the hell happened in Illinois” I said.

“What do you mean?”

“Cut the crap. You were gonna tell us something” Dean said.

"Well, nothing of import”

“You got ass-reamed in heaven but it was not of import?”

“Dean, Melissa, I can't. I'm sorry. Get to the reason you really called me. It's about Sam and Brittney, right?”

“Can they do it? Can they kill Lilith and stop the apocalypse?” I asked.

“Possibly, yes. But as you know, they'd have to take certain steps”

“Crank up the hell-blood regimen” Dean said.

“Consuming the amount of blood it would take to kill Lilith would change your brother and your sister forever. Most likely, they would become the next creatures that you would feel compelled to kill. There's no reason this would have to come to pass. We believe it's you two, not your brother and sister. The only question for us is whether you're both willing to accept it. Stand up and accept your role. You are the ones who will stop it”

“If we do this, Sammy and Brit don’t have to?” I asked.

“If it gives you comfort to see it that way”

“God, you're a dick these days” Dean commented.

I paced just a few steps as Dean also paced a few steps, in the other direction. We both stopped and turned to look at each other. He nodded…then I nodded…and then we looked at Cas.

“Fine…” I said. “We’re in” Dean added.

“You give yourselves over wholly to the service of God and his angels?”

“Yeah, exactly”

“Say it. Both of you”

“I give myself over wholly to serve God and you guys” we both said it at the same time.

“You swear to follow his will and his word as swiftly and obediently as you did your own father's?”

“Yes, I swear” we said.

“Now what?” Dean asked.

“Now you wait, and we call on you when it's time” And with that…he left.

I had to be doing the right thing by not giving in to my demon side when Brit and Sam gave in so easily…Dean and I had to be doing the right thing by swearing that oath whatever…but at the moment…I wasn’t sure what was right and what was wrong anymore.

~~

“Correct me if I'm wrong, but you willingly signed up to be the angels' bitches?” Bobby questioned as I was trying to block out more of Sam and Brit’s yells.

We looked at him. “I'm sorry. You prefer 'suckers'? After everything you said about them, now you trust them?”

“Come on, give us a little credit, Bobby” I said lightly. “We've never trusted them less. I mean, they come on like shady politicians from planet Vulcan” Dean added.

“Then why in the hell…”

“Because what other option do we have? It's either trust the angels or let Sammy and Brit trust a demon?”

“I see your point”

Then, I froze, realizing something. There was silence coming from downstairs. “You guys hear that?” I questioned and Dean gave me the same look I was giving him. A shocked, worried one.

“Yeah, that's a little too much nothing” Bobby said and we all rushed down to the basement.

Bobby flew open the latch so we could look inside and both Sam and Brit were on the floor and it looked like they were having seizures. “What if they’re faking?” Dean questioned.

“You really think they would?”

“I think they'd do anything”

Then, I jumped a little as Sam was slammed against the wall as Brit was thrown around the room and then pinned to the desk. “I don’t think that’s faking” I said, throwing the door open and we all ran in.

I ran to Brittney and managed to pin her down on the bed as the guys got Sam down onto the cot across the room. Brit was struggling a little, not even realizing I was with her. I felt like crying.

“We have to tie them down, for their own good…” Bobby started and said something else. His words were blurred though as I looked down, sadly at Brittney as I kept her pinned. “Melissa! Are you with me?” I heard Bobby seem to repeat.

“Yea…yea, lets just hurry” I said.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333