‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The Beginning of the End Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
There’s always a line being drawn…and you’re either on one side or the other. You cant be on both sides. Sam, Brittney, Dean and I used to be on the same side, staying far away from the line and from the other side…and I saw how Brittney and Sam were slowly drifting away from Dean and I…heading toward the line…toward the other side. I tried to stop it…to stop them…but they kept drifting off…and eventually, they made it to the line…and they crossed it. They were so far over the line…that I could barely see them…and I couldn’t get them out of this mess. I was always able to get Brittney out of messes and predicaments…but not this one. She crossed the line…they both did.

~

I felt my heart beating…pounding…I could hear it in my chest…my breathing was slow and irregular as I could feel it almost stop all together. I turned my head to look at Dean as I felt like everything was moving in slow motion. He had the same panicked look I had. I was holding onto Brittney with two arms now as I felt like she would collapse if I let go of her. I looked at Sam as he had water in his eyes, gripping onto his brother tightly. We had to get out of here…now.

“Come on! Lets go!” I shouted and I started to pull Brit along as I put a hand on Sam’s back to get him to move as well and Dean started to come to his senses and helped me get them to move.

We went for the doors but they slammed shut before we could get out and we tried so hard to get out. I was pretty sure I kicked the doors off their hinges before but there was just a force keeping them shut. We all turned to face the light as it got bigger and bigger, heading toward the outlining of the circle. Then, there was a piercing sound, like a ringing…but it was so high pitch and it hurt like a mother as I felt my whole body shaking. We covered our ears and started to all sink to our knees as the sound got louder.

We all shut our eyes as the light just took over the whole room…but then…everything stopped…with my eyes shut I knew the light was gone…the ringing was gone…the heartbeat sound wasn’t as loud…instead, I heard quiet chattering. I opened my eyes to see I was on a plane. I had the window seat while Dean was sitting right next to me, in the aisle seat. Then, across the one-foot-aisle sat Sam and then Brit. They opened their eyes as well and we all exchanged a look. I was in shock…in disbelief…I was astounded…and so were the others.

“What the hell?” Dean hissed. “I don’t know” Sam spoke.

Brit and I just leaned forward to look at each other, passed the guys and we both had no clue what the hell was going on. I just widened my eyes a little more and she shrugged, shaking her head, eyes equally widened. Then there was some noise coming from the intercom.

“Folks, quick word from the flight deck. We're just passing over Ilchester, then Ellicott City, on our initial descent into Baltimore…” the pilot spoke.

“Ilchester? Weren't we just there?” I questioned and Dean glanced at me as we continued to listen to the pilot.

“So if you'd like to stretch your legs, now would be a good time to…holy crap!”

I furrowed my eyebrows as I looked out the window and saw the beam of the bright white light shoot up into the sky, coming from convent, where we just were. Then, the plane shook slightly and I flew out of my seat as other people did as well. But, Dean wrapped his arms around me and kept me close to him as he set me back down in my seat and the oxygen masks fell down. The four of us put our masks on and I felt myself start to hyperventilate as Dean and I reached for each other’s hands at the same time and we squeezed each others hands tightly, terrified.

~~~~

The four of us managed to get a rental car once we landed and Dean and Sam were in the front while Brit and I were in the back and Dean was driving while we were on the road. I was bouncing my leg slightly as the radio was on.

“…and Governor O'Malley urged calm, saying it's very unlikely an abandoned convent would be a target for terrorists, either foreign or homegrown…” the radio guy said.

“Change the station” Dean and I both voiced. Sam pushed a button to change the statio

. “…Hurricane Kinley, unexpectedly slamming into the Galveston area…” He changed it again.” …announced a successful test of the North Korean nuclear…” And again. “…a series of tremors…” And again. “…swine flu…” Then, he just shut the radio off as he sighed. Then, there was an awful…deathly…silence.

“Hey, look…” Sam started. “Don't say anything” Dean said right away. More silence.

I saw Brittney opened her mouth. “You either” I muttered, not even being able to look up at her. Some more silence.

“It's okay. We just got to keep our heads down and hash this out, all right?” Dean suggested.

He looked at me in the rearview mirror. I nodded. Then, he looked at Brittney and she nodded. “Yeah, okay” Sam said.

“Alright, well first things first…how did we end up on Soul Plane?” I quipped slightly, still keeping my tone low. “Angels, maybe?” Brittney suggested.

“Yea, maybe, ya know, beaming us out of harm's way?” Sam added.

“Well, whatever. It's the least of our worries” Dean said. “We need to find Cas” I added and he nodded.

Then…there was more silence.

We got to Chuck’s house and walked in. The place was a mess. Things were shattered and broken on the floor, books and papers were everywhere…I smelt some iron…and then we saw a little bit of blood smeared in some spots. We all heard a creaking noise and headed toward the sound. I was ahead of all them and I felt the vibrations in the floor boards and Chuck came out of no where, swinging a toilet plunger at me. I ducked quickly but Sam was behind me and…he wasn’t as quick.

“Jeez! Ow!” Sam complained, stumbling back as his hand flew up to his face. “Sam” he breathed out.

“Yea!”

“Brittney” he added, looking at her. She just nodded and gave him a weird look.

“Hey, Chuck” Dean and I both said.

“So…you're okay?” Chuck asked. “Well, my head hurts” Sam snapped.

“No, I mean…I mean, my…my last vision. You…you both went, like, full-on Vader. Your body temperatures were one-fifty. Your heart rates were two hundred. Your eyes were black” he explained, looking at both of them…analyzing their present features.

“Your eyes went black?” Dean asked them as we both stared at them and they stared back.

Sam shrugged. “I don’t know…” Brittney said to Dean and then looked at me.

“Where’s Cas?” I asked Chuck.

“He's dead. Or gone. The archangel smoked the crap out of him…I’m sorry”

“You're sure? I mean, maybe he just vanished into the light or something” Dean tried.

“Oh, no. He, like, exploded. Like a water balloon of chunky soup”

I felt my breathing slow as they were inhaled slowly and then exhaled quickly…I think I felt myself start to hyperventilate again but I kept it subtle and unnoticed as Sam told Chuck he had something in his hair…and when he pulled it out, it was a molar.

“…this has been a really stressful day” he commented.

“Cas, you stupid bastard” Dean commented. “Stupid? He was trying to help us” Sam said. “Yeah, exactly” I said, shaking my head.

“So…what now?” Brittney asked. I looked at Dean for an answer. “I don't know” he said.

Then, I felt a strong presence…and I wish it was Cas’…but it wasn’t. “Oh, crap…I can feel them” Chuck said. “Me too” I muttered and then there was just a tiny gust of wind.

“Thought we'd find you here” Zachariah said and we turned around to see him and two other guys with him. “Playtime's over, Dean and Melissa. Time to come with us” he said.

Dean got in front of me slightly and pointed at Zachariah. “You just keep your distance, asshat”

“You're upset”

“Yea, kinda! You sons of bitches jump-started judgment day!” I shouted and I saw Dean’s eyes twitched to me.

He didn’t want me to speak but I was so far passed angry to listen to what he wanted. “Maybe we let it happen but we didn't start anything. Right, Sammy?…Brit?” he winked.

“You had a chance to stop your brother and your friend, and neither of you could. So let's not quibble over who started what. Let's just say it was all our faults and move on. 'Cause like it or not, it's Apocalypse now. And we're back on the same team again"

“Is that so?” Dean inquired.

“You want to kill the devil. We want you to kill the devil. It's...synergy”

“And we’re just supposed to trust you?" I questioned.

“Cram it with walnuts, ugly” Dean spat.

“This isn't a game, son. Lucifer is powerful in ways that defy description. We need to strike now, hard and fast…before he finds his vessel”

“His vessel? Lucifer needs a meat suit?” Sam asked.

“He is an angel. Them's the rules…and when he touches down, we're talking Four Horsemen, red oceans, fiery skies…the greatest hits. You can stop him, Dean and Melissa…but you need our help”

“You listen to me, you two-faced douche. After what you did, I don't want jack squat from you! Neither of us do” Dean spoke for me.

Now…of course, I hated when people talk for me when I’m perfectly capable of doing it myself…but now was just not the time to call Dean out on it. “You listen to me, boy! You think you can rebel against us? As Lucifer did?”

I felt the blood from the palm of my hand start to drip. Zachariah’s eyes went to me. “You’re bleeding” he stated.

“Yea…a little insurance policy in case you dicks showed up” I said and swung a closet door open so they could see the sigil drawn in my blood.

I slapped my hand onto the sigil and Zachariah and his goons vanished into a white light. “Learned that from my friend, Cas, you son of a bitch” I spat.

Dean looked at me and nodded as he got me a towel to clean up my hand a little. It was a last minute plan but Dean and I knew we had to do it…we knew Zachariah would show up, no doubt. The plan was for me to try and stay quiet as Dean did all the talking to Zachariah so he wouldn’t notice my clenched fist the whole time…and it worked so that’s what mattered.

“This sucks ass” Chuck commented and we all just looked at him.

~~~

We all got to a motel and as Brittney, Dean and I were all silent. Dean and Brittney were loading guns as I was sharpening my knife and Sam walked in. “Hey” Dean voiced.

“Hey” Sam replied. He tossed each of us a tiny hex bag. “Hex bags. No way the angels will find us with those. Demons, either, for that matter”

“Where'd you get it?” Dean asked.

“I made it”

“How?”

“I...I learned it from Ruby” he said, hesitantly. “I could’ve probably taught you how” I muttered but I knew he heard me.

“It’s a little different than what you were used to when you were…into the whole witch stuff’ he murmured.

I just kept my head down, sharpening my knife. I knew that already…but I was just annoyed…and angry…and pissed…so I took it out on Sam just now. “Speaking of. How you two doing? Are you jonesing for another hit of bitch blood or what?” Dean asked them.

“Honestly…I feel fine” Brittney said.

“Yea, me too…no shakes. No fever. It's like whoever...put us on that plane cleaned us right up” Sam said and Brittney nodded, agreeing with him.

“Supernatural methadone” I commented. “Yeah, I guess” Sam agreed.

Then, there was silence. “Melissa…Dean…” Brittney started. “Brittney, Sam” I mimicked.

“It’s okay. You guys don’t have to say anything” Dean said. “Well, that's good. Because what can we even say?” Sam wondered.

“Saying sorry or that we screwed up…doesn’t really do it justice…there’s nothing we can do or say that will ever make it right…” Brittney started as she kept her eyes on me.

“Then, why do you both keep bringing it up?!” I exclaimed, jumping to my feet.

Brittney looked at me with sad eyes as Sam sighed. “What she’s saying is…why do we have to put this under a microscope? We made a mess. We clean it up. That's it” Dean settled it.

They nodded. He kept his eyes on me and I looked up to meet his eyes and he gave me a hard stare. I just crossed my arms and then nodded slightly. “All right, so, say this is just any other hunt. You know? What do we do first?” Dean said.

“Figure out where the thing is” Sam answered. “Alright. So we just got to find…” Brittney’s voice trailed off. “The devil” I finished for her.

~~

While Sam was at the table, just staring down at John’s journal, Brittney was across from him and I saw how they were exchanging quiet sentences but I didn’t even try to listen in on them. I didn’t want to. I saw as she glanced up at me a few times while I was laying on the bed, on my stomach as Dean was sitting beside me, turning on the TV. She glanced up another time and kept staring at me as I stared back at her but then I just turned my attention to the screen.

“How would you then explain an earthquake, a hurricane, and multiple tornadoes, all at the same time, all around the globe?” “Two words. Carbon emissions”

“Yeah, okay, wavy gravy” Dean commented.

I was barely paying attention though. As I played with a thread in the blanket, I felt his eyes on me. He put an arm over my back so he was laying on me in a way with his elbow supporting himself on my other side and he put his face in my hair.

“I know…I know what you’re feeling…but for the moment, we need to forget about it and think about our next move” he murmured. I just nodded. He kissed my bare shoulder, then my neck…and then there was a knock at the door.

Dean grabbed his gun as I rolled off the bed and headed toward the door. I cautiously opened it and in front of me was a blond girl with freckles and braces who seemed to have trouble breathing when she saw me.

"You okay, lady?” I asked.

“Oh my…oh my…are you really Melissa?” she asked and then lunged at me, hugging me tight. “Okay, okay…umm no hugs, please” I said, putting my hands on her shoulders, pushing her back slightly.

I saw Brittney was at my side as the guys were still out of sight. “Brittney! Melissa…Melissa and Brittney! Oh my gosh!” she hugged Brit as well.

But, Brit just patted her back slowly and gave me a look as I gave her the same look. “Do we know you?” Brit asked as she got this girl off.

“You’re both much sexier than I imagined you in my head” she said. “Okay…I’m officially creeped out” I stated.

Then, she pushed passed us, to Sam. “Sam…is it really you?” she asked and put a hand on his chest as I shut the door. “You’re so firm” she let out a shaky breath.

We all exchanged bewildered, confused looks…and I found some amusement in Sam’s discomfort. “Okay, maybe I should ask again…do we know you?” Brit repeated.

The girl backed up from Sam to look at all of us. “No. But I know you. You're Brittney Hails, Sam Winchester, Melissa Stern and you're…” She turned her head to look at Dean as he put his gun out of sight. “…not what I pictured” she said and I snickered.

“I'm Becky” she added. “I read all about you guys. And I've even written a few…” she stopped and giggled lightly. “Anyway, Mr. Edlund told me where you were”

“Chuck?” Dean questioned.

“He's got a message, but he's being watched. Angels. Nice change-up to the mythology, by the way. The demon stuff was getting kind of old” she said at a somewhat quick pace.

“Right. Just, um…what's the message?” Sam asked.

“He had a vision. ‘The Michael sword is on earth. The angels lost it’”

“The Michael sword?” I repeated. “Becky, does he know where it is?” Sam asked.

“In a castle, on a hill made of forty-two dogs”

“Forty-two dogs?” Dean questioned. “Are...you sure you got that right?” Brit asked.

“It doesn't make sense, but that's what he said” she sad and then stepped closer to Sam. “I memorized every word. For you” she said, putting a hand on his chest.

“Um, Becky, uh, can you...quit touching me?” Sam asked.

“No” she said, getting closer to his face. “Are you two still married?” she asked Brit and Sam, suddenly, backing away. “No. No we’re not. He’s all yours” Brit smirked

I gave her an approving look as Sam gave her an annoyed look while Becky went back to being in Sam’s bubble. I snickered with Brit and I nodded at her. Good girl.

Later on, Becky had left…which meant the fun in watching her and Sam was gone and Dean called up Bobby…my ADD started to kick in but then I heard a familiar roar in the parking lot. I shot up to look out the window and saw Bobby come driving into the parking lot, in my truck, hauling the Impala along. I grinned and saw Bobby come towards the motel. In just a few minutes, there was a knock at the door and I followed Dean to it as he opened it.

“Hey, Bobby” he greeted and Bobby hugged him, patting him on the back.

Then, he hugged me and I hugged him back. “Good to see you kids all in one piece” he said and hugged Sam and Brit as well as Dean shut the door. “You weren't followed, were you?” Dean asked.

“You mean by angels, demons, or Sam new superfan?”

“You heard” Sam laughed lightly, awkwardly.

“I heard, Romeo. So…sword of Michael, huh?”

“You think we're talking about the actual sword from the actual archangel?” I asked.

“You better friggin' hope so”

Bobby brought in some books and then, he opened one to show us a paining of Michael who was surrounded by other angels but in this particular painting, Michael kind of looked like a woman with wings, along with some naked flying babies.

“That's Michael. Toughest son of a bitch they got”

“You kidding me? Tough? That guy looks like Cate Blanchett” Dean commented.

“Well, I wouldn't want to meet him in a dark alley, believe me. He commands the heavenly host. During the last big dust-up upstairs, he's the one who booted Lucifer's ass to the basement. Did it with that sword” he pointed it out.

“So if we can find it…” Brit started. “We can kick the devil’s ass all over again” I added. “Alright. So where do we start?” Sam asked.

“Divvy up and start reading…try and make sense of Chuck's nonsense” But, Sam hesitated. “Kid? You all right?”

“No, actually. Bobby, this is all my fault. I'm sorry…”

“Sam…” Dean started.

“No. It’s both of out faults. Lilith didn’t break the final seal. Lilith was the final seal” Brit said.

“Brittney, stop it” I said, sternly.

“We killed her and we set Lucifer free” Sam said. “Sam” Dean repeated.

There was no stopping them though. It was like they had diarrhea of the mouth or something. “You what?” Bobby hissed.

“It’s mostly my fault though. You guys warned me about Ruby and then I convinced Brittney into trusting her and we didn’t listen about her, the demon blood…we brought this on”

Bobby started to walk closer to them. “You're damn right you didn't listen. You were reckless and selfish and arrogant. Both of you”

“We’re sorry” Brit said.

“Oh, yeah? You're sorry you started Armageddon? This kind of thing don't get forgiven. If, by some miracle, we pull this off…I want you both to lose my number. You understand me?”

I furrowed my eyebrows as they both nodded. Then, they left to go to some church nearby to read some of the lore books there and I watched them walk out the door, confused by the argument that just went down. I stayed silent…and so did Dean…but something wasn’t right…and I could feel it in my gut.

It was night now…and Dean, Bobby and I have been reading for a while now. I was getting restless and tired. “I’ll get us some more coffee” I said, taking my cup, Dean’s cup and Bobby’s. Dean nodded and stared right into my eyes as I stood up and I stared back into his, trying to get a message through to him. I’m not sure if he got it or not though and maybe it was because he had a lot on his mind already…or maybe he just didn’t get it.

I walked into the kitchen and started to pour some coffee into the cups, taking my sweet time, in no rush to get back in there. Bobby started talking about how John was right when he said Dean might have needed to kill off Sam and Brit…and how they ended the world and he said some other stuff but then I had an epiphany and I banged some cabinets and knocked over some dishes, on purpose.

“Shit!” I cursed loudly.

I heard Dean sigh and tell Bobby he would check on me and he rushed into the kitchen. I just put a hand to his mouth and with my other hand I put a finger to my lips to keep him quiet. He nodded and I slowly took my hand away.

“What the hell’s wrong with you?” he hissed.

“Nothing. Listen to me…the card for your dads lockup in New York” I said quickly. He gave me a weird look. “Your dads lockup in New York! Castle Storage. 42 Rover Hill” I hissed.

He caught on. “Castle on a hill of 42 dogs” he repeated what Becky had told us.

I grinned and nodded. “What if the sword’s been there all along. I don’t know what else he could’ve meant”

“How did you…”

“It’s a photographic memory thing” I shook my head, waving it off.

“I never knew that”

“You never asked” I smirked.

“Melissa, you’re a genius”

“Yea, I try” I shrugged.

“Wait, so why are we whispering? We should tell Bobby…”

I shook my head quickly. “That isn’t Bobby

“Mel, what are you talking about…” he said like I was crazy.

“It’s not supposed to be…now I know you probably think or know that you know him better than I do but I need you to believe me when I say that isn’t Bobby in there…he wouldn’t have said what he said to Sam and Brit…it isn’t him” I shook my head.

“She’s right” a voice said. We turned to see Bobby standing there and his eyes turned black.
♠ ♠ ♠
Lets face it. i have no patience ^-^

<<333