‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

War Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~~++~++~+~
It’s been three days now, since the apocalypse…since the devil was resurrected or whatever. Three days since Brittney and Sam lost my trust and Dean’s trust all together. Three days since I stabbed Bobby and put him in this damn hospital. I wrapped my arms around my stomach as Sam, Brit and I were outside his room, looking in on him as he sat in his wheel chair, wearing his robe and his cap with his back facing us as he stared blankly out the window. I had to stab him…he was possessed and I didn’t want to kill him but I had to do something when he attacked me…what else was I supposed to do? It was kind of just on instinct. He told me I shouldn’t be so hard on myself…but it’s been harder to do that ever since he got in that wheelchair and the fact that he couldn’t walk really hit him hard. He hasn’t spoken a word to any of us. I just shook my head in disbelief and I groaned internally.

“It’s been like three days now?” Dean questioned as he walked over to us, carrying a manila envelope.

The three of us sighed. “We got to cheer him up. Maybe one of you should give him a backrub” I suggested.

"Why don’t you give him one?”

“I doubt he wants me to do it right now”

“Guys” Sam and Brit both warned, telling us to cut it out. “Well, what, then?” Dean wondered.

“Look…we might have to wrap our heads around the idea that Bobby might not just bounce back this time” Sam said and then we were silent.

“What's in the envelope?” Brit asked Dean.

“Went to radiology. Got some glamour shots” he said and took out the results of some X-rays. He handed them to us and saw they were pictures of Dean’s ribs with strange writing on them. “Let's just say the doctors are baffled”

“Holy crap” we all said, staring down at them.

“Yeah, well, Cas carved you all one, too” Dean reminded.

Then, Sam’s cell rang and he answered. “Hello? ...Castiel?”

“Speak of the devil”

“Ah, St. Martin's Hospital. Why? What are you…Cas?” But, Sam just hung up.

In minutes, Cas was walking down the hallway, coming toward us. “Cell phone, Cas? Really?” I inquired.

“Since when do angels need to reach out and touch someone?” Dean asked.

“You're hidden from angels now. All angels. I won't be able to simply…”

“Enough foreplay” Bobby snapped and we all looked over at him. “Get over here and lay your damn hands on. Get healing. Now”

“I can't” Cas replied and Bobby turned his wheel chair around to face us.

“Say again?”

“I'm cut off from heaven and much of heaven's power. Certain things I can do. Certain things I can't” he explained as he took a few feet into the room, toward Bobby.

“You're telling me you lost your mojo just in time to get me stuck in this trap the rest of my life?”

“I'm sorry”

“Shove it up your ass”

With that, he turned his chair back around to look out the window again. “At least he's talking now” Dean commented and I nudged him and gave him a look. “I heard that” Bobby snapped and Cas turned back around to look at us.

“I don't have much time. We need to talk”

“Okay” I said, waiting for him to continue.

“Your plan to kill Lucifer”

“Yeah. You want to help?” Dean asked.

“No. It's foolish. It can't be done”

“Thanks for the support” I said, sarcastically.

“But I believe I have the solution. There is someone besides Michael strong enough to take on Lucifer. Strong enough to stop the apocalypse”

“Who's that?” Brittney asked.

“The one who resurrected me and put you on that airplane. The one who began everything. God” We all exchanged a look. “I'm going to find God”

I turned to shut the door as we were all in the room now and we just eyed Cas. “God?” I asked, narrowing my eyes at him, crossing my arms. “Yes” he nodded, looking at me. “God?” Dean repeated.

“Yes! He isn't in heaven. He has to be somewhere”

“Try New Mexico. I hear he's on a tortilla” Dean quipped.

Cas looked at him, confused. “No, he's not on any flatbread”

“Hey there, Chuckles, even if there is a God, he is either dead…and that's the generous theory…” I started.

“He is out there, Melissa”

“Or he's up and kicking and doesn't give a rat's ass about any of us” Dean finished for me and Cas glared. “Look around you, man. The world is in the toilet. We are literally at the end of days here, and he's off somewhere drinking booze out of a coconut. All right?” he continued.

“Enough. This is not a theological issue. It's strategic. With God's help, we can win”

“It’s a pipe dream, Cas” I said, lightly with a gentle look.

He kept his eyes on mine as he came closer to me and Dean and he looked at him as well. “I killed two angels this week. My brothers. I'm hunted. I rebelled. And I did it, all of it, for you two, and you both failed. You two, your brother and sister destroyed the world and I lost everything, for nothing. So keep your opinions to yourself’ he said and kept his stare on me.

I looked into his eyes and started to feel bad. “You’re right…I’m sorry” I said, genuinely and even though his face was still hard on me, his eyes lightened up a bit.

I saw Sam and Brittney were looking down slightly though, guiltily. “You didn't drop in just to tear us a new hole. What is it you want?” Bobby asked.

Cas backed up a little to face all of us. “I did come for something. An amulet”

“An amulet? What kind?”

“Very rare. Very powerful”

“It burns hot in God's presence. It'll help me find him”

“A God EMF?” Sam wondered.

Cas nodded. "Well, I don't know what you're talking about. I got nothing like that” Bobby said. “I know. You don't” he said and then eyed Dean.

I watched as his eyes flickered down to Dean’s amulet hanging around his neck that Sam had given to him many Christmases ago. “What, this?”

“May I borrow it?”

“No” Dean grunted, sternly as his stare on Cas became hard. “Dean. Give it to me”

Dean was silent and hesitant, eyeing Cas. “All right, I guess” he said slowly, taking it off. “Don't lose it” he ordered, holding it out to Cas with a tight grip. Cas took it from him. “Great. Now I feel naked”

“I'll be in touch”

Then, in the blink of an eye, Cas was gone. “When you find God, tell him to send legs!” Bobby yelled into the air.

We were all kind of silent after that…and then Bobby’s phone started to ring. He answered it and I really didn’t think much of it so I didn’t bother to try and listen. Dean and I were standing side by side, leaning on the end of the bed. I looked at him, realizing that he wasn’t that much taller than me anymore…and I wondered when I missed my sudden growth spurt. It wasn’t much…I was just about two inches shorter than him now. He stared back at me and as we were silent, the tension between us grew as we were undressing each other with our eyes…but then I heard the static coming from the other end of the phone and Bobby was talking nervously and loudly.

“I can't hear you…where are you?…Colorado? River Pass, Colorado?…Rufus? You there? Rufus?…” But, then I heard some gun shots and the line was dead. Bobby looked at all of us and we all exchanged a look.

So, we hit the road. Brittney and I were in the truck, leading the way to River Pass with the boys in the Impala behind us. We were kind of silent most of the way. I put the radio on but it wasn’t loud, it was more just background music. I think Brittney felt like it was an awkward silence because she kept fidgeting in her seat or she was stiff as can be in her spot. I ignored her though. I was comfortable with the silence, I didn’t care about it…but if I didn’t care then why was I thinking about it? My thoughts almost made me go off the side of the bridge we were on because half of it wasn’t there. It crumbled to the ground. I heard the Impala stop short and Brittney and I got out of the truck.

“Little warning would be nice” Dean said as they got out as well.

“Sorry”

“I cant exactly see over this…” he started to say and I heard the disgust in his voice.

I gave him a look and glared slightly so he stopped himself. “I said I was sorry” I said, venomously. “This is the only road in or out” Brittney spoke. “No signal” Sam said, looking at his cell.

“Rufus was right. Demons got this place locked down” Dean said. “Looks like we're hiking in” I sighed.

“And the hits just keep on coming”

So, the boys went to the trunk of the Impala as Brittney and I got in the bed of the truck and I opened up the compartment. I handed Brit her shotgun as I took out mine as well and I tossed a few things to Dean so he could put it in his duffle bag and when we were all good, we carefully and skillfully got to the other side of the bridge and headed into town. As we walked down the center of the road, I had Brittney and Dean on both sides of me as Sam was on the other side of her and we scanned the streets. We were being cautious and on our toes. I heard some music playing and it sounded like Spirit In The Sky by Norman Geenbaum and I saw the others started to hear it too but we still took our time down the street. I saw a sporting good store…a local diner…quickie market…what I didn’t see? Was people. No one was around. It was completely deserted.

We reached a blue sedan that was turned upside down and we inspected it but it was empty…so we kept going. We passed by a small house with really green grass and the sprinkler was still on. Then, we reached the car that was playing the music and inspected it. This one was empty too. Sam turned the engine off and there was an anxious silence around us and we kept going. A red classic mustang caught my eye…and it caught Dean’s eye as well so he whistled at it, admiring it. We reached a silver car near a gas station and there was a baby stroller beside it…and the disturbing part was how there was some blood leading from the stroller and the car…I shook the thought as we kept scanning the area…but then I heard footsteps.

“Wait” I whispered as I gripped onto Dean’s arm. He looked at me but then we all heard a gun being cocked and we spun around to see Ellen standing there!

“Ellen?” Brittney and Sam questioned as I tried to hide my shocked expression.

“Hello kids” she greeted.

“Ellen, what the heck is going on around here?” I asked her.

Then, she splashed me and Dean with some water…I guessed it was holy water since she raised her gun at us again. I shut my eyes for a moment and spit out some of the water, feeling annoyed.

“We're us” Dean confirmed.

She lowered her gun and continued to eye us. We ended up following her to some local church and I could feel she was on edge about us and about just talking out in the open. There was a devil’s trap and a salt line in the doorway and once we walked through it, Ellen turned to face us.

“I’m real glad to see you kids” she said and hugged Brittney and Sam at once, then she hugged me tightly and then she hugged Dean…but then she slapped him. “I aught to open a can of whoop ass on you” she put her hands on her hips, eyeing Dean, then looking at all of us.

“You can't pick up a phone? What are you, allergic to giving me peace of mind? I got to find out that you're alive from Rufus?” she said. It was directed at Dean now.

“Sorry, Ellen” Dean said.

“And you” she said, looking at me.

My eyes widened slightly. “What did I do?” I questioned, lightly.

“I gotta hear what you were putting yourself through from Bobby? I thought you were dead too from what I heard”

“Sorry Ellen” I muttered, suddenly feeling really bad.

“Yeah, you better be. You both better put me on speed dial”

“Yes, ma'am” Dean and I both replied.

Then, she just stared at us for a moment before she turned and we followed her further inside the church as the four of us exchanged a look.

We followed her downstairs. “Ellen, what’s going on?” Brittney asked.

“More than I can handle alone”

“How many demons are there?” Sam asked.

“Pretty much the whole town, minus the dead people and these guys” Then, she stopped in front of a door and spun to look at us again. “So, this is it, right? End times? It's got to be” she said. We all glanced at one another.

“Seems like it” I murmured to her.

She held her eyes on me for a moment and then turned to knock on the door. “It’s me” After a few seconds, the door opened and we all walked in. “This is Sam, Brittney, Melissa and Dean. They're hunters. Here to help”

I looked around the room to see nine people standing in front of us…one of them was a pregnant woman and another was a pastor. “You guys hip to this whole demon thing?” a guy with a shotgun asked us

“Yeah. Are you?” Dean countered.

“My wife's eyes turned black. She came at me with a brick. Kind of makes you embrace the paranormal” he said.

My eyes went to his left hand and I saw his wedding ring. It made me depressed and I felt my insides ach at the thought of these people being a part of all of this. I felt Dean’s eyes on me but I kept my eyes on this guy and his wedding ring.

“All right, catch us up” Dean said, leaning into me to get my attention.

I looked up at him and then at Ellen. “I doubt I know much more than you. Rufus called. Said he was in town investigating omens. All of a sudden, the whole town was possessed. Me and Jo were nearby…”

“You're hunting with Jo?” I asked.

“Yeah, for a while now. We got here, and the place…well, the place was like you see it. Couldn't find Rufus, then me and Jo got separated. I was out looking when I found you”

“Don't worry, we'll find her” Dean promised.

“Either way, these people cannot just sit here” Brittney spoke. “We got to get them out now” Sam added.

“No, it's not that easy. I've been trying. We already made a run for it once”

“What happened?”

“There used to be twenty of us” I felt more ach inside me as I looked at the nine remaining.

“Well, there's five of us now” Dean said.

“You don't know what it's like out there. Demons are everywhere. We won't be able to cover everybody”

I analyzed the pregnant woman and saw how she shifted nervously. “What if we get everyone guns?” Sam suggested.

“What, are you gonna arm up baby bump over here?” Dean quipped. “More salt we can fire at once, more demons we can keep away” Brit reasoned.

I looked over at the pastor, then I glanced at everyone else. It was our only option at the moment. “We passed a sporting goods store on Main on our way in. I bet they got guns” I said, monotonously.

Dean analyzed me but they all agreed and him and Sam dropped their bags. “All right. You stay. We'll go” Sam said to Ellen.

“What about…” she started to object.

“If Jo and Rufus are out there, we'll bring them back” Brittney promised and we all walked out of the room.

“Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Hold on” Dean said and we all stopped. “Why don't Mel and I
just go?” he suggested.

“The two of you alone?” Brittney questioned. “Well…somebody has to stay and give them Shotgun 101” I reasoned this time. “Yeah. Ellen” Sam said.

“It’s just…it’ll be faster if you two stay and help”

“While you go get guns and salt and look for Jo and Rufus? That's stupid” Sam said.

“We can handle it” Dean said. They both paused. “You don’t want us going out there” Brittney stated. “We didn’t say that” I said. “Around demons” Sam added.

“We didn’t say that” Dean said with more annoyance in his tone. “Fine. Then lets go” Brittney said and the two of them went up the stairs.

Dean and I exchanged a look but then I just shook my head and we followed them up the stairs and headed out of the church and onto the church. “Brit and I will get the salt. You two get the guns” Sam instructed.

“We'll all go together” Dean insisted.

“Dean, it's right there. Can we at least do this like professionals?” Brit questioned and they both headed over to the quickie mart. We both watched them for a minute but then we headed over to Big Louie’s Sporting Goods.

Brittney’s POV

Sam and I got inside the store and started walking up and down the aisles. Then, I rounded a corner and leaned on a shelf, staring at Sam as he was staring at the salt in front of him. He wasn’t focused on the salt though, I could tell he was more focused on my stare.

“Sammy” I spoke up. He turned his head to look at me. I could see the masked pain in his eyes…and he could see mine.

“Kiss me, please” I whispered.

He faced me and took a few steps toward me. Then, he put my face into his heads and as I stretched up a little, he kissed me. It was gentle…passionate…loving…and it soon got fierce…. But, we were interrupted when we heard the door open. We ducked behind some shelves to see two guys walk in and their eyes were black. He handed me the knife and nodded his head in another direction. I nodded and snuck over a few aisles, keeping my eyes on the demons. I watched as Sam reached for his shotgun but he drew attention to himself instead of being discreet. One of the demons lunged at Sam and they started to fight. I saw the other demon rushing to them but I lunged at him and I sliced his throat. I noticed that there weren’t any effects to it…there was no glowing…no sparks…

“Brittney!” Sam grunted.

I snapped my head at him to see the other demon choking him. I ran to them and stabbed the other demon through the neck. He fell to the ground and Sam and I just stood there, looking down at the two demons. I was contemplating the blood on the knife that was in my hand…and I could tell Sam was too…but there was something different here. Usually, I felt the urge whenever demon blood was near me…and I felt some kind of ping inside me…but I couldn’t help but wonder if this blood was really demon blood…it came from the two guys who walked in and their eyes were black…but the blood just didn’t match…. My thoughts were interrupted when Dean and Mel walked in.

“Sammy? Brit?” Dean called out.

They both came walking over to us and I saw how they were eyeing the demons on the floor and then they were eyeing us with the bloody knife still in my hand.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333