‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Seperation Part 2

My POV

We got outside the Waterville Sheriff’s Department in Maine and the three of us got out of the Impala. “And we're here why?” I asked.

“A deputy sheriff laid eyes on the archangel”

“And he still has eyes? All right, what's the plan?” Dean questioned.

“We'll...tell the officer that he witnessed an angel of the Lord, and the officer will tell us where the angel is”

“Seriously? You're going to walk in there and tell him the truth?”

“Why not?”

Because we’re humans” I said as I held my hand out toward Dean and he placed a fake ID in the palm of my hand. I stashed it on the inside of Cas’ jacket and I started to adjust his coat and his tie. “And when humans want something really, really bad, we lie”

“Why?”

“Because that's how you become President” Dean answered. I smiled and nodded, patting Cas’ chest. I adjusted my skirt and my shirt and then we headed inside.

Cas directed us to who we should talk to. “Deputy Framingham?” Dean questioned. The man turned around. “Hi. Alonzo Mosely, FBI. This is my partner, Alexis Cohan and our intern, Eddie Moscone” Dean introduced and I flashed a smile as we both showed him our ID’s.

Also FBI” Dean said, hinting to Cas.

He continued to just stand there…but he caught on and pulled out his ID. When he showed it to the deputy, I saw it was upside down. I took it, flipped it upside right and put it back in his hand.

“He’s uhh really new…mind if we ask you some questions?” I asked quickly, eyeing Cas as he was eyeing his ID with a curious look.

“Yeah, sure. Talk here, though” he said, motioning to his right ear. “Hearing's all blown to hell in this one” he said as we followed him into his office. “That happen recently?” Dean asked.

“Yeah. Gas station. Why you're here, isn't it?”

“Yes, it is” Dean and Cas sat in the two chairs in front of his desk and he got me a third chair and placed it in front of the boys.

“Thank you” I smiled at him. He nodded and got behind his desk to sit down. “You mind just running us through what happened?” I asked.

“A call came in. Disturbance out at the Pump and Go on Route 4”

“What kind of disturbance?”

“Would not have believed my eyes if I hadn't seen it myself. We're talking a riot. Full scale”

“How many?” Dean asked.

“Thirty, forty, in all-out kill-or-be-killed combat?”

“Any idea what set them off?”

“It's angels and demons, probably” Cas spoke seriously. My eyes shot to him. “They're skirmishing all over the globe”

“Come again? What did he say?” the deputy asked.

“Nothing…” Dean said but was interrupted by Cas saying, “Demons”

“No…” Dean tried again. “Demons” Cas repeated.

I started to give him a hard look with my slightly wide eyes. He shut up and avoided my eyes. I looked back at the deputy and smiled sweetly. “You know…demons. Drinking, adultery. We all have our demons” I shrugged.

“I guess…”

Anyway…what happened next” Dean continued.

“Freaking explosion, that's what. They said it was one of those underground gas tanks, but, uh, I don't think so”

“Why not?”

“Wasn't your usual fireball. It was, um…”

“Pure white” Cas said.

“Yeah. Gas station was leveled. Everyone was...it was just horrible. And I see this one guy, kneeling, real focused-like, not a damn scratch on him”

“You know him?”

“Donnie Finneman. Mechanic there”

“Let me guess, he just, uh, vanished into thin air?”

“Uh, no, Kolchak. He's down at Saint Pete's”

Cas turned to me and Dean. “Saint Pete’s” he repeated. “Yea…we got it” I said, sarcastically and smugly. “Thank you” Dean said the same way. I sighed internally.

So, we got to St. peter’s hospital and we found Donnie’s room. We looked in on him and he was sitting in a wheelchair, facing the window. He was shaking and rocking slightly in his spot. To anyone else who didn’t know any better, I guess he seemed like he had catatonia…too bad I knew better. The poor bastard was just an empty vessel right now…and it made me think about when Dean will have to be put through the same thing.

Afterwards, Cas disappeared to somewhere and Dean and I drove to this empty, abandoned cabin, in the middle of nowhere. I was pacing a little while Dean was sitting down, flipping through John’s journal. I felt him keep glancing up at me though. Then, Cas appeared and he walked over to us. I noticed he was holding some kind of ceramic jar.

“Where have you been?” I asked.

“Jerusalem”

"Hmm how was it?” Dean and I both asked, sarcastically.

We didn’t even look at each other when we did it, we just kept our eyes on Cas. “Arid” he said and placed the jar on the table.

“What's that?” Dean asked.

“It's oil. It's very special. Very rare” he said and sat down across from Dean.

“Okay, so we trap Raphael with a nice vinaigrette?”

“No”

“So this ritual of yours, when does it got to go down?”

“Sunrise”

“Tell me something. You keep saying we're gonna trap this guy. Isn't that kinda like trapping a hurricane with a butterfly net?”

“No, it's harder

“Do we have any chance of surviving this?” I asked.

“You both do”

“So odds are you're a dead man tomorrow”

“Yes”

“Well, what are your plans for your last night on earth?” I asked.

“I just thought I'd sit here quietly”

“Come on, anything? Booze, women?” Dean questioned.

Cas shifted uncomfortably. That’s when, he had my attention and I closed in on the two of them. “You have been with women before. Right? Or an angel, at least?” I asked.

He rubbed the back of his neck. “You mean to tell me you've never been up there doing a little cloud-seeding?” Dean questioned.

“I've never had occasion, okay?”

“Alright…” I nodded and handed Dean his jacket as he stood up.

“Let me tell you something. There are two things I know for certain. One…”

“Bert and Ernie are gay” I finished for him as I got Cas to his feet. “Two, you are not gonna die a virgin. Not on my watch” he concluded. “Let's go” I said and hooked my arm around his as we all headed out the door.

We found the closest club in a town nearby and it had horny guys, prostitutes and sluts crawling all over the place…but I guess for the night I was one of them…a slut, not a prostitute. The three of us were sitting at a small table and I analyzed Cas as he looked like he was going to shit himself, he looked so terrified.

“Hey, relax” I said, gently, laughing a little as I grabbed his hand on the table top.

He looked down at it and it think it made him try to relax…but it didn’t work too well so I let go. “This is a den of iniquity. I should not be here"

“Dude, you full-on rebelled against heaven. Iniquity is one of the perks” Dean reminded him.

I started to smirk. “Showtime” I said and nodded my head in a direction as I took a sip of beer and Dean looked over and saw the hooker was approaching us.

“Hi. What's your name?” she asked Cas.

He was avoiding her look. I leaned forward. “Cas. His name’s Cas” I said. “What’s your name?” Dean asked.

“Chastity” she said, sweetly.

I, unnoticeably, choked a little on my beer. “Chastity” Dean repeated. “Is that kismet or what, buddy?” I quipped, toward Cas as he was chugging his beer, nervously.

“Well, he likes you, you like him…” Dean started. “Get to it” I encouraged Cas.

Chastity started to tug Cas to his feet. “Come on, baby” she said, motioning him to follow.

Dean stood as well to stop Cas. He handed him a wad of cash. “Take this. If she asks for a credit card, no. Now just stick to the basics, okay? Do not order off the menu. Go get her, tiger” he said.

Cas didn’t move. “Don’t make me push you” So, then Cas took the money and followed Chastity toward the back where the rooms were.

Dean sat back down, watching Cas walk away with Chastity. Then, he looked at me again and took a sip of his beer as I did the same. He set his beer down and leaned on the table, crossing his arms, in front of him as he watched me carefully. I started to stare back at him.

“You think he’ll be okay?” I asked, skeptically.

Honestly, I was worried about Cas. He’s like a little, naïve, kid that you have to look out for. “He’ll be fine…” he assured me. “Are you going to be okay?” he asked me, still watching me carefully.

“I’m fine, Dean, you need to stop asking me that” I said, avoiding his eyes, as I looked down at my beer bottle.

“I’m worried about you, Mel. With all the dreams you’ve been having lately, you’ve barely gotten any sleep. You’re becoming an insomniac…”

I didn’t respond. I just rolled my eyes and shook my head. But, he grabbed my hand so it made me look at him. “Why are you still having dreams about me going to Hell?” he asked, sternly.

“I don’t know, Dean…right now, I just want to enjoy some time off, drinking with you in a bar…hanging with Cas and helping him get laid. I don’t want to worry about anything, especially my sleeping habits. So please, just drop it and change the subject” I said and he sat back, letting go of my hand.

He nodded and took one last sip of his beer, before standing up. “Where are you going?” I asked him.

He held out his hand to me and nodded over to the dance floor where the music was blaring and strobe lights were going. “You don’t dance” I reminded him.

“No, but you do…and the way you dance…” he said and then grunted. I laughed as I took his hand and he led me to the dance floor.

We started to dance and blend in with the people around us. I grinded into Dean as he grinded back into me and we were just having fun…with no care in the world, really…but then it was cut short when I heard a high pitch scream coming from the back rooms. No one else dancing heard it because of the music but anyone who was by the bar and the tables, away from the dance floor, heard it and their heads turned. My eyes became hard as I started toward the back rooms.

“Mel?” Dean called after me.

Once we got closer, he heard the yelling so he picked up the pace and we got passed the curtain to see Chastity throwing a show at Cas. “Get out of my face! Leave me alone! Bastard! Screw you, jerk!”

They had an audience now as other hookers and their ‘customers’ poked their heads out of their rooms. “I'll kill you!” she shouted. Cas just stood there, unsure of what was going on. “Screw you too!” she yelled at Dean and stormed passed us, still shouting profanities and whatnot.

I looked back at Cas and we approached him quickly. “What the hell did you do?” I asked him.

“I don't know. I just looked her in the eyes and told her it wasn't her fault that her father Gene ran off. It was because he hated his job at the post office”

“Oh man” I put a hand to my forehead.

“What?”

“This whole industry runs on absent fathers. It's the natural order” Dean told him.

Then, I turned and saw two bouncers at the end of the hallway with Chastity pointing out Cas. “Okay, we should go now. Come on” I hooked an arm around Cas’ and tugged on Dean’s shirt as I led them out the back way.

I had this place scoped out already so I knew the exits…I couldn’t just come in blind and not have an escape plan. We all went down a few staircases quickly and got outside into an ally. Dean started laughing…and just watching and hearing him laugh…I started to laugh too…Cas was still as clueless as ever.

“What's so funny?”

“Oh, nothing. Whoo. It's been a long time since I've laughed that hard. More than a long time…” Dean said and my laughter died down as we exchanged a look.

Both our faces started to fall. It was true. It’s been more than a long time since either of us laughed like that. I think last time we laughed like that was when we were together and it was before all this angel crap…before he went to Hell…before, when everything was normal…and I think he knew it too. It made me think about the dreams I’ve had about our past and I remembered times when he and I would get into all kinds of trouble together and we would end up laughing so hard…and I think while he was watching me, he started to think the same thing. We’ve been so wrapped up in everything going on lately…we haven’t even had time to just laugh…how pathetic is that?

Brittney’s POV

I watched Sam, carefully, as he was gathering trays of empty glasses and trash…and three men came walking in. I saw them heading over to Sam so I got to his side. “Sam" I whispered. He looked down at me and I nodded over to them.

“Hey, Sam…” one said. I tensed slightly and started to help him get the glasses together as we tried to ignore them. “Sam” the man repeated.

“Sam? What happened to Keith?" Lindsey asked. We faced them all. “Yeah. Uh. Sam's my middle name” he said.

“Keith Sam? Man, I'm sorry” she laughed.

“Well, actually, it's Samuel, so it's not quite as dumb as it sounds" the man tried to help.

“Are you guys friends?”

“Hunting buddies. With his dad. Samuel here is quite the hunter himself” one of the other men spoke up.

“Wow. You killed deer and things?”

“Yeah, and things…”

“Um. Hey, why don't I get you guys some drinks?” I offered, quickly.

I walked away and got Lindsey to follow. I was getting some drinks and I heard Lindsey talking to me but I was a little distracted. “Do you know them too?” she asked.

“Umm I…I don’t know…hold on…” I said absentmindedly.

I walked over to all of them with a tray of beers. “Thanks hon” one said to me.

I ignored him and just eyed Sam. He nodded so I sat down beside him, facing the three men. They all eyed me. “Guys, this is Brittney. Brit, this is Tim, Reggie and Steve” Sam introduced.

“It’s nice to meet you all” I said, politely.

“Same here…yea, Bobby’s told us about you too” Tim acknowledged.

I just nodded and smiled lightly. “So, what’s up?” Sam asked them.

“Well, speaking of Bobby…he called. You both were right. Major demon block party going on”

“But why? What are they up to?” I asked.

“Don't know yet”

“Bobby told us you two were off limits. That true?” Reggie asked.

“Yeah, that's right” Sam confirmed.

“That's fine in theory and all, but we could really use all hands on deck here” Tim said.

“I know you could. But we can't. I'm sorry” I let Sam answer.

I didn’t feel like it was place to talk anymore. I didn’t know these guys, Sam did, so he’s the one with the authority to tell them no. “Why not?” Steve asked.

“It's personal”

“Look, what baggage is so heavy it can't be stowed away for the freaking apocalypse?”

“Like I said…”

“Yeah. You're sorry. Heard it the first time” Reggie spoke.

“Suit yourself. More for us then, right?” Tim said.

“Good luck” I said, standing up so they followed my notion. Tim nodded. “But hey. Beers are on you two when we get back”

“You got it” I agreed and they all walked out.

I sighed and looked up at Sam. It was like we were having a silent conversation with each other…like we used to….

“So your parents were drunk when they named you and you shoot Bambi?” Lindsey questioned as she came over to us. Moment interrupted….

“It's a long story” Sam said.

I took a step back and started to walk back toward the bar…but I still listened. “That is it. Enough with the kung fu wandering the earth thing. I'm gonna buy you dinner and we're gonna talk” she said and I cringed at the thought of him having dinner with someone else.

“Lindsey, I can't…” I heard him say.

I got behind the counter and turned to see he was staring at me…so I stared back. “No. The only way to avoid bloodshed is to say yes” she pushed.

He looked between us…which Lindsey was so oblivious to see…but I nodded. His facial expression didn’t change…maybe his jaw clenched slightly…but I was able to look into his eyes and see…hurt flash through his eyes? Confusion maybe? Pain? Doesn’t matter what I saw. What matters is what’s right in front of me right now…and that’s me losing Sam to another girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333