‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Seperation Part 3

“Why do you torture yourself?” Jason asked me while I was pretending to clean the counter.

He came over to me and leaned his elbows on it. “I don’t know what you’re talking about” I murmured.

“You’ve been staring at Keith and Lindsey every since they sat down. I think you know what I’m talking about”

“It’s…”

“A long story. I know” he said in annoyance and laughed.

“I was going to say, it’s complicated…but that too” I said and he chuckled.

“Well, I can take your mind off it. Tell me about yourself”

“You don’t want to know me"

“Says who? I want to know what you do in your everyday life”

“I doubt it" I said, jokingly…but was completely serious. “Come on…what, are you in like witness protection or a spy in the Mafia or something?” he asked.

I cracked a smile and let out a little giggle. “I’m not in the Mafia and I’m not in witness protection…”

“Then what? I’m interested” he said, very charmingly.

I hesitated. “I used to…be in business with my best friend…she was more like my sister…the two of us were in business with Keith and his brother…honestly, we were pretty good at the job…but we made some mistakes and did some stuff we aren’t proud of…a lot of people got hurt”

“So, what’s your poison then?” he asked.

“Excuse me?”

“You were hooked on something” he assumed. “I know the look. I met Lindsey that way, we both went to meetings. We’re both exactly three years sober”

“You guys work in a bar” I stated.

“Yea and so do you. Listen, Lacy, we don’t know each other that well and God knows, I shouldn’t be giving advice…” Yea, God knows a lot alright. “…but no one has ever done something so bad that they cant be forgiven and that they cant change”

I looked over my shoulder at Sam…he looked back at me. “And for what it’s worth…I don’t have a chance. Kieth is just as hooked on you as you are on him” he finished.

I just kept staring at Sam. I saw how he was trying to resist the urge to look back at me and keep his mind on Lindsey because it was the polite thing to do…but with every second, it seemed like it became harder and harder for him. I looked back at Jason as he smirked, very satisfied with himself. I wonder if he would say all of that stuff to me if he really knew what was going on….

My POV

We got back to St. Peter’s hospital and walked into Donnie’s room, being under the radar. I shut the blinds and locked the door as Cas had that ceramic jar thing and he was pouring an oil circle around Donnie’s wheelchair. Cas said when the oil burns, no angel can touch or pass through the flames without dying and he started to chant something in Donnie’s ear. He stepped back a good distance before throwing a match onto the oil and it burst into a ring of fire around Donnie. Nothing happened though. No angel showed up to take over its vessel…so it was time for plan B.

We got back to the abandoned house. “Well, that's a day I'll never get back” Dean commented and I sighed. “Melissa, Dean, wait…” Cas said and stopped us in our spots.

He was staring into the living room so we looked there as well and there was Donnie…except he wasn’t Donnie anymore…he was Raphael. Blue lightning was flaring as it formed in the shape of wings attached to Donnie’s back. The lights started to flicker but then the light bulbs shattered and I only heard the sound of the rain outside.

“Castiel” Rachael greeted. “Raphael” Cas replied

We started to move slowly into the living room to face Rafael. “And I thought you were supposed to be impressive. All you do is black out the room” Dean said.

“And the Eastern Seaboard” he said and lightning flashed outside and thunder sounded. We all stayed unfazed though. “It is a testament to my unending mercy that I do not smite you here and now”

“Or maybe you’re just full of crap” I said.

I really should’ve just kept my mouth shut and not instigate anything…I actually should’ve been scolding Dean for instigating…but as you can see…things aren’t what they used to be.

“Maybe you're afraid God will bring Cas back to life again and smite you and your candy-ass skirt. By the way, hi, I'm Dean, this is Melissa”

“I know who you both are. And now, thanks to him, I know where you both are”

“You won't kill them. You wouldn't dare”

“But I will take them to Michael”

I tensed slightly at his threat but I didn’t show it. “Well then. Sounds terrifying. It does. But, uh, hate to tell you, we’re not going anywhere with you” Dean said and grabbed a beer.

“Surely you remember Zachariah giving you stomach cancer, lung cancer and a brain tumor”

“Yea, that was hilarious”

“Hmm then remember when he gave your girlfriend stomach ad breast cancer? Wasn’t too hilarious was it?” he half mocked.

I saw how Dean tensed. “He doesn’t have anything close to my imagination…and I’ll make you watch” he threatened as he kept his eyes on me but I just gave him a hard stare.

“Well, I bet you didn’t imagine one thing, hon” I spoke.

“What?”

“We knew you were coming, you stupid son of a bitch” I said, smugly.

So, then I pulled out my lighter, lit it and dropped it to the floor. The oil ignited, forming a circle around Raphael. He looked around him and then laid his eyes on me. I suddenly felt uncomfortable and took a step back.

“Don’t look at me, wasn’t my idea” I said. “Yea, mine either” Dean voiced.

He looked at Cas and Cas looked at us with a what the hell look. We just shrugged slightly, with innocent wide eyes. Cas looked back at Rafael again.

“Where is he?”

“God? Didn't you hear? He's dead, Castiel. Dead”

I got chills. God couldn’t be dead…it wasn’t possible…was it?

“There's no other explanation. He's gone for good”

“You're lying” Cas said.

“Am I? Do you remember the twentieth century? Think the twenty-first is going any better? Do you think God would have let any of that happen if he were alive?”

“Oh yeah? Well then who invented the Chinese basket trick?” Dean quipped.

“Careful. That's my father you're talking about, boy"

“Yea who would be so proud to know his sons started the friggin apocalypse” I snapped.

“Who ran off and disappeared. Who left no instructions and a world to run”

“Daddy ran away and disappeared. He didn't happen to work for the post office, did he?” Dean quipped again.

“This is funny to you? You're living in a godless universe”

“And? What, you and the other kids just decided to throw an apocalypse while he was gone?”

“We're tired. We just want it to be over. We just want...paradise”

“So what? God dies, makes you boss and you just decide you can do whatever the hell you want?” I snapped again and narrowed my eyes.

“Yes. And whatever we want, we get” he said. Then, the windows shattered, breaking inward.

No one spoke as the wind and rain was coming in. I felt myself become soaked in seconds as my hair was whipping around. “If God is dead, why have I returned? Who brought me back?” Cas spoke.

“Did it ever occur to you that maybe Lucifer raised you?”

“No”

“Think about it. He needs all the rebellious angels he can find. You know it adds up”

“Let's go”

“Castiel, I'm warning you. Do not leave me here. I will find you"

“Maybe one day. But today, you're my little bitch” Cas ended and walked out.

I was pretty impressed with how he ended the conversation. “What he said” Dean and I both spoke and then quickly followed Cas out the door.

Brittney’s POV

Everyone had left and Sam and I were closing up. We were wiping down a table together…and even thought I think it was the cleanest table in the room…neither of us stopped…and neither of us said a word either…until I broke the silence.

“How was your date with Lindsey?” I finally asked.

It wasn’t venomous…it wasn’t harsh or with an attitude…it was just a question. “It wasn’t a date. We were just talking” he replied.

“And ordering food”

“We were hungry” he replied, calmly.

“Yea, hungry for each other” I cracked.

I haven’t seen Sam smile in a while…and now that I mention it, I haven’t smiled a real smile in a while…and seeing Sam smile a genuine smile…it made me start to smile as well. He threw his dirty towel at me and I laughed as I caught it. I really laughed. It felt weird…and sounded weird…coming out of my mouth. He started to close in on me as the mood was still light but slightly different. He stared down into my eyes.

“It may have been Lindsey I was having dinner with but it wasn’t who I wanted to have dinner with” he told me. I just stared up at him, breathless.

The bell on the front door rang, signaling someone had walked in. “Bar’s closed” Sam said but I looked at the door and saw it was Tim.

“Is there something you want to tell me, Sam?”

“What? No”

“You sure about that? Maybe you’d like to say something Brittney?” he looked at me.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about…are you alright?” I asked.

“Where are Reggie and Steve?” Sam asked.

“Oh, Steve's good, he's, uh, his guts are lying on the side of the road"

“I’m so sorry” I spoke. “Sorry don't cut it, Brittney” he said and stated to slowly stalk toward us.

Sam got in front of me slightly, in a protective manner. “What do you want us to say?” Sam questioned.

“The truth” We stayed silent. “Okay, fine. Let me give you some of my own, then. We go into town, we catch ourselves a demon, we get jumped by ten more. Steve bought it”

“I'm sorry” Sam said it this time.

“Saying it twice don't make it so, Sam. You see, this demon, he, uh, he told us things. Crazy things, things about you and Brittney, Sam”

“Demons lie”

“Yeah. I'm gonna ask you one last time. The truth. Now”

But, then the door flew open again and Reggie came walking in, hauling Lindsey next to him and he was dragging Jason on the floor.

“Jason!” I yelled in shock. He dropped Jason so his body laid there, motionlessly and Reggie pulled a knife out and put it against Lindsey’s neck. “Lindsey!” Sam grunted.

“What’s going on?” she asked.

“Okay, just take it easy alright? Put the knife down” I said, calmly.

He started to slowly put the knife down on the bar counter, keeping a tight hold of Lindsey. “It's true. What the demons said, it's all true” Sam said.

“Keep going”

“Why? You gonna hate us any less? Are we gonna hate ourselves any less? What do you want?”

“I want to hear you say it”

Sam paused and hesitated…I didn’t. “We did it. We started the apocalypse” I told him.

Everyone was silent. Tim pulled out a test tube and held it up. It had some red liquid in it. “What is that?” Sam asked.

“What do you think it is? It's go juice, Sammy boy”

“Get that away from us” Sam grunted.

Now, he had his arm out in front of me as we started to back up. “Away from you? This is for you. Hell if that demon wasn't right as rain. Down the hatch, son”

“You're insane” I spat.

“Here's what's gonna happen. You both are gonna drink this, Hulk out, and you're gonna waste every one of the demon scum that killed my best friend…or they both die” he threatened, referring to Lindsey and Austin as Reggie handcuffed her hand to the bar.

“You wouldn't do that” Sam said.

“It's funny how watching your best friend die changes that”

“Run” Sam whispered to me.

I spun around and darted away from all of them as Sam went in the opposite direction. I jumped over the counter and hid under it as I saw Reggie jumped over it as well and land right in front of me…but he didn’t look down. He looked around and then headed back into the back room and the kitchen to look for me. I looked up and I saw Tim force the blood into Sam’s mouth. When he backed up, Sam spit the blood into Tim’s face. Way to go, Sammy.

I jumped back over the counter and went over to Lindsey. I found a butchers knife, we keep under the counter and she yelped slightly as I slammed it down on the handcuffs so she was freed. I helped Jason wake up and get to his feet. We all watched Sam beat the crap out of Tim…and I saw Reggie coming back. I ran and tackled him over a table and I punched him a few times and I head butt him so he was knocked out cold. I looked up to see Sam with a knife against Tim’s neck.

Sam!” I scolded lightly. He looked at me and he saw me staring at Lindsey and Jason who seemed scared shitless. He lightened up and let go.

“Go” he ordered, pushing him toward me.

“Don't think we won't be back” he said, helping Reggie get up. “Don’t think we wont be here” I said lightly but venomously.

They went out the back way. I looked back at Jason and Lindsey who were still completely confused as to what happened…but then Sam and I just shared a look…and I sighed.

My POV

We were all in the Impala, with Dean in the drivers seat, me in the passenger seat and Cas was in the back. I saw Dean glancing at Cas through the rearview mirror. So, I turned around to look at him. “You okay?” I asked but he stayed silent.

“Look, I'll be the first to tell you that this little crusade of yours is nuts, but I do know a little something about missing fathers” Dean said and I stayed in my position but turned my head to look at him.

“What do you mean?” Cas asked.

“I mean every time I was looking for my dad when all logic said that he was dead, but I knew in my heart he was still alive” He paused and I looked back at Cas.

“Who cares what some ninja turtle says, Cas…what do you believe?” I asked.

“I believe he's out there” he said.

Good. Then, go find him”

“What about you two?”

“What about us two?” I cracked a gentle smile at him.

He held his eyes with mine. “Honestly…I cant speak for Mel, of course, but I'm good. I can't believe I'm saying that, but I am, I'm really good” Dean answered.

I turned my head to look at him again. “Even without your brother and sister?” he asked, referring to Sam and Brittney.

“Especially without my brother and sister. I mean, I spent so much time worrying about the son of a bitch…and I spent a great amount of time even worrying so much about Brit…”

He paused. "I mean, I've had more fun with you and Mel in the past twenty-four hours than I've had with Sam in years”

“And you're not that much fun” I told him.

“And you feel the same way…feeling…good even without Sam and Brittney?” he asked me.

“Yea…I do. It’s funny in a way…being chained to family all your life does something to you…” I started and looked at Dean again.

“But, now that we’re alone…I’m happy” Dean finished, glancing at me and holding eyes with mine before looking back at the road.

“Yea…I’m happy too” I said lightly.

Then, I looked back at Cas…but he wasn’t there. The backseat was empty. So, I turned back around in my spot and faced forward…but I looked over at Dean. I grabbed one of his hands to hold it with mine while he kept his other hand on the wheel.

“I think I still have dreams about you going to Hell because I’m afraid you’re going to disappear on me again…and I don’t sleep sometimes because I’m afraid I’ll wake up and you’ll be gone for good…” I paused, avoiding his eyes as he was glancing over at me.

Then, he pulled the car over to the side of the road, turned the car off and just stared at me in the silence. I didn’t look up. “To answer your question earlier” I murmured.

“I think I have dreams about Brit and Sam because…lets face it, I miss them…but, it doesn’t mean that I’m not happy with it just being you and me…I’m just used to it being the four of us…or at least having Brit around…I’m just still getting used to things…”

I looked up to meet his eyes. “So, please stop asking if I’m okay. I’m fine…you know that’s what my answer will be…”

He was silent for a minute, just staring into my eyes. “Okay” he sighed and nodded. Then, he gripped my chin with his fingers and leaned over to kiss me. “Lets hit the road” he said and I nodded.

Brittney’s POV

Sam and I were sitting in silence in our motel room. I was on one bed while he was on another. It was getting late and still, neither of us said anything. He finally stood up, came over to me and in one swift motion…he kissed me…just like that. I started to kiss back immediately. We worked our way onto the bed and I laid back so my head hit the pillow. His kisses were gentle and sweet…yet rough and full of lust. He pulled away and we were both breathing hard as he stared into my eyes. I gripped onto his hair lightly.

“I love you, Sammy” I said, truthfully.

“I love you too, Brit…so much” he said and kissed me again passionately.

He pulled away again and I saw how he was trying to pace himself…make the moment last…and I was grateful for it. I started to realize this was a lot like my daydream…and what girl can say their daydream about their guy came true? So, when I saw that he started to give me a look…I went for it.

“It’s just…you don’t know what it means to me when you say that…” I paused…and saw he was waiting patiently for me to continue.

“I know how much you miss Jessica…and I know you were supposed to marry her”

“I was going to marry her…I wasn’t supposed to marry her…there’s a difference…I was supposed to marry you

I just stared up at him as he continued to hover over me. Well, that wasn’t in my daydream…

“Hearing you say that you’re still able to love me…still able to think that I’m the one you’re supposed to marry…” I started to shake my head but I kept my eyes on his the whole time as he started to grin broadly. “It isn’t hard” he whispered. I melted.

I started to caress his face. “People can change…there’s still reason for hope…” he said and I knew he wasn’t talking about us anymore. I nodded.

“No there isn’t” another voice said.

We both shot up from our spots and saw a man standing in the room, smiling at us in a way that disgusted me. We shot to our feet as Sam put a protective arm out in front of me like he did at the bar.

“And I say that because you freed me” We just stared at him. “That's right. You know who I am” he spoke and my eyes widened as I felt my heart stop…and not in the good way.

“Lucifer” Sam and I both said.

“You are hard ones to find, Sam and Brittney. Harder than most humans. I don't suppose you'd tell me where you both are?”

“What do you want with us?” I hissed.

“Thanks to you two, I walk the earth. I want to give you a gift. I want to give you everything”

“We don't want anything from you” Sam spat.

“I'm so sorry, Sam, I really am, but Nick here is just an improvisation. Plan B. He can barely contain me without spontaneously combusting” he said, gesturing to his meat suit.

“What are you talking about?”

“Why do you think you both were in that chapel? You're the ones, guys. You're my vessel. My true vessel…” he said to Sam. “And you’re my weapon” he smiled a creepy smile at me.

I didn’t like his look…he can fool anyone with his vessel…his eyes were light and if you didn’t know any better, his smile would seem warm to you…not to me. “No” Sam said in shock.

“Yes”

“No. That'll never happen” I said, sternly.

“I'm sorry, but it will. I will find both of you. And when I do, you will let me in. I'm sure of it”

“You need our consent” Sam reminded.

“Of course. I'm an angel”

“I will kill myself before letting you in” Sam said and now the shock was hitting me so hard, I couldn’t process anything…I couldn’t even speak…just stare.

“I'll just bring you back” He sighed. “Sam…Brittney. My heart breaks for you two. The weight on your shoulders, what you've done, what you still have to do. It is more than anyone could bear. If there was some other way...but there isn't. I will never lie to you. I will never trick you. But you will say yes to me”

“You're wrong”

“I'm not. I think I know you better than you know yourselves”

“Why us?”

“Because it had to be you two…it always had to be you two”

Then, in the blink of an eye…Lucifer was gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333