‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

The End...Or Is It?

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
My POV

“Hey! Wakeup” Dean shook me awake.

I jumped slightly in my spot in the passenger seat. “Easy” he chuckled at my small spaz attack. “How long was I out?” I asked, groggily.

“Mmmm 11 hours?”

Eleven hours? Why’d you let me fall asleep?” I asked, incredulous.

“You needed the sleep…any nightmares?” he asked.

I shifted in my spot. “No”

“Yea okay…you were talking in your sleep again”

I tensed up slightly. “But, it was only at first…I was about to wake you up but then you were in deep and you stopped tossing and turning…so that’s good, right? You’re not having nightmares as much”

“Yea, I guess…” I stretched a little, the best I could in my seat, and my back was hurting like hell from sleeping the way I was.

I noticed Dean pulled over and parked the Impala. I looked out the window and saw the motel apartment building there. People were walking up and down the sidewalk, minding their own business…completely oblivious to what was really at stake in the world.

“Hey, you coming?” Dean said to me through the window, from the outside.

I didn’t even notice him get out. I just nodded and got out. Dean slung both our bags over his shoulder as we made our way to the door. A Jehovah's Witness was trying to get people to talk to him but they just kept walking by.

“Excuse me, friends, but have you taken time out to think about God's plan for you?” he asked us as we got to the door.

I was about to just walk in but Dean stopped to look at him, so I turned to look at him too. “Too friggin' much, pal” he said to him and then put his free arm around my waist and led me inside.

He checked us in and we got up to our room. I went to the bathroom to clean up a little. I kept my jeans and my skin-tight tank on. It was spaghetti strapped so it showed off my shoulders a little. I threw my hair into a high pony tail and blow dried my bangs so they would form in front of my forehead and I was still able to see. I walked back out and saw Dean was on the phone. I knew it was Cas on the other line because I could hear him yell at the “voice” telling him he was almost out of minutes. I laughed out loud and Dean looked back at me to smile. Then, he turned back around to continue talking to Cas and I watched him as he shut the blinds on the windows.

“Okay. Where do we start?…Kansas City…” I picked up the room key and tossed it to him. “Century Hotel, room 113” he read on the key. I started to close in on him.

“I’ll be there immediately” I heard Cas say.

I grabbed the phone from Dean. “Hold up there, Cas. Dean just drove sixteen hours straight, okay? He is human. There’s stuff he has to do”

“What stuff?”

“Like, eat and sleep for example. Wait at least four hours before come popping up okay? Tomorrow morning” I said.

“Okay…” he said and I hung up.

I think he was about to keep talking but as long as he got the message to wait, I didn’t care really. I spun to face Dean and he pulled me close to him and leaned down slowly but in a swift motion he planted his lips on mine…and he led me to the bed.

~~~~

I was playing with Dean’s hair until I felt him fall into a really deep sleep beside me. He had his arms wrapped around my waist and was using my bare stomach as a pillow. I had managed to put my bra back on while we just laid there. I couldn’t sleep. I guess I was kind of afraid to…or I just didn’t want to. I was surprised I managed to sleep that long in the Impala, on the ride here. I kissed Dean’s cheek and managed to slip out of his grip, replacing my body with a pillow in one quick motion. He stirred a little but then just hugged the pillow tighter and stayed slipping. I crawled off the bed carefully and threw on a pair of short shorts. I bent down to pick up my tank and I sniffed it. It was still clean so I threw that back on. Then, I got out my new sketchbook. Yea, I still draw, just not as much. I pulled over a really comfortable recliner and I crawled into a ball on it. I analyzed Dean and I started to sketch him out.

A while had past and I was in my own little world…so I jumped when Dean’s cell phone started ringing. I jumped for it, in an attempt to keep Dean sleeping but when I grabbed his phone, I tripped in the process and fell right on my face. I groaned and saw Dean lean over the side and he stared down at me. I just stared back up at him. He shook his head at me and went back to sleep quickly. I sighed with relief and answered the phone as I stood up.

“Damn it Cas, let him sleep” I hissed as I started to walk away, toward the kitchen area.

I wrapped an arm around my stomach. “Mel, it’s me” I heard Sam’s voice on the other line.

“Sammy? It’s quarter past four” I told him. “This is important, Mel” I heard Brit’s voice that time as she must of taken the phone from him.

My heart started to ache just from hearing their voices…and it was my insides that started to hurt and churn when they started telling me about how Sam was Lucifer’s vessel and how Brit was his weapon…just like Dean and I were to Michael.

“Wow” I said…unenthused I guess as I nodded my head, taking a sip of my beer. “Just when you both thought you were out, they pull you back in huh”

“That’s it? That’s your response?” Brit asked. “What do you want me to say?” I questioned.

“I don’t know? Maybe a little panic?” she said like I was missing some big point here.

“Guess I’m a little numb to the earth-shattering revelations at this point” I shrugged.

“What are we gonna do about it?”

“What do you guys want to do about it?” I countered.

“For starters, we want back in. I think I can speak for Sam when I say we’re tired of being puppets to these sons of bitches”

“Well, it’s not like you wouldn’t have let Sam speak for himself anyway” I cracked lightly. There was a small pause of silence and I could see her almost smiling.

I jumped slightly when I heard the floor boards creaking and I saw Dean was standing behind me, putting his jeans on. “Hold on, Dean’s up…” I said to her. “It’s Sam and Brittney…Sam’s Lucifer’s vessel, Brittney’s his weapon and they want back in” I summed it up for him.

“Lucifer’s wearing him to prom huh. Just when they thought they were out, they get dragged back in”

“It’s what I said” I sighed.

“We’re gonna hunt them down, Mel” Brit said, bringing me back to the conversation.

Then, my attitude faltered. “So we’re back to revenge are we? Cause you know how well that worked out the first time” I said, sarcastically.

“Not revenge. Redemption” she said.

I put a hand to my forehead and sighed deeply. Dean took the phone from me and I walked away, rubbing my face.

“So, what, you're both just gonna walk back in and we're all gonna be the fantastic four again?” he quipped.

I heard a mumbled response. I didn’t try to listen to what Brit say. “Look, Short Stuff…” he started but sighed. “Let me talk to Sam, please” he breathed out.

He couldn’t talk to her because he couldn’t say what he wanted to her because he knew she didn’t want to hear it and lets face it, Brittney was a different kind of weak spot for Dean. She was like his little sister…it was different.

“Sam…it doesn't matter…whatever we do. I mean, it turns out that you, me and the girls…we're the fire and the oil of the Armageddon. You know, on that basis alone, we should just pick a hemisphere. Stay away from each other for good”

My stomach churned just at the thought…I was starting to have doubts about it…was it just from not liking the fact that we were apart from Sam and Brit? Or was it something more? Maybe an instinct that was trying to tell me something….

“…we're not stronger when we're all together, Sam. I think we're weaker. Because whatever we have between us—love, family, whatever it is, they are always gonna use it against us. And you know that. Yeah, we're better off apart. If you and Brittney stick together and do your thing while Mel and I stick together and do our thing, we got a better chance of dodging Lucifer and Michael and this whole damn thing…if we just go our own ways”

"Dean, don’t do this” I heard Sam say. “Bye Sam” he ended and hung up.

I sighed, rubbing his eyes as he turned to face me. “What if you’re wrong…what if we’re wrong?” I asked him.

“About?”

“About going our separate ways!”

“Hey, when we first agreed to this, you were on board too” he pointed his finger at me.

“I know. But…I don’t know anymore! Maybe we were wrong”

“Why would you think that? You know it’s true that when we’re all together we get distracted. Especially you and me. We get so focused on protecting Brit and Sam that you and I get hurt or we miss a step…”

“Can you honestly tell me that you don’t try to protect me and that I don’t distract you?”

“Yea, I’d do anything to protect you but it’s different because even though I’ll do everything I can to keep you safe, I know you can take care of yourself”

“And Sam and Brit cant? Your father was John Winchester, Dean, and Brittney has had me all her life…”

“So, what are you saying, Mel? You’re switching sides all of a sudden? You think you’d be better off on Sam and Brit’s side, risking your life by looking out for theirs”

“Damn it, Dean! You’re still not getting it!” I yelled at him.

But, then I stopped and took a deep breath. “Dean, you know I love you and I’ll be on your side no matter what and I’ll go with whatever crazy ass plan you have but it doesn’t mean I wont consider our other options. Other roads we could’ve taken…”

“If you wanted another road then you should’ve just gone with them!”

“Oh my god, you have no idea how much I want to punch you right now”

“Go for it, sweetheart. It’s been a while” he said, smugly, opening up his arms, giving me a free shot.

“No. No. See, I wont punch you because I’m…maturing and using my words and I know you would result to violence but I am not you so I will not” I said, just as smug.

He started to laugh. “You? Not result to violence? Since when? Sweetheart, you and I both know it wont last long…you are like me. It’s what makes us so compatible. We’re each others other half…”

I just crossed my arms. I knew he was right…. “And it’s why I still keep you round” he added in a jack ass kind of way.

My jaw dropped. I swung my fist into his face and he stumbled to the side. “Okay…I shouldn’t have went that far”

Ya think?!” I scoffed.

I couldn’t hold it in any longer though, I snapped. I ran toward him and tackled him onto the bed and we started to wrestle. No one won really…after a while, we both just got tired and just collapsed in our spot, breathing hard. Then, he wrapped his arms around me, to bring me closer to him and I felt him relax instantly with me in his arms…and I relaxed as well. I felt him fall asleep and just like that…I fell asleep too…it was crazy how easy I fell asleep when Dean was holding me.

The next morning, I woke up against Dean’s chest…but the atmosphere was different. I looked around the room and it was completely trashed. Things were broken all over the floor, the walls, the sheets were dirty and ripped, the drapes were torn to shreds. I stood up slowly and walked over to the window. The whole room was completely trashed. I looked outside…and the city looked no different. It was grey and cloudy outside and there were cars flipped over, signs and traffic lights on the ground, buildings were noticeably falling apart…it was bad. I noticed Dean had got to my side but I didn’t say anything to him as he didn’t say anything to me…we just stared outside, looking around in disbelief.

We both headed downstairs and walked out the door to walk down the street. There was no one around. Everything was broken, trashed or graffitied on. “What the hell?” I whispered, looking around. “Where do you think we are?” I asked him.

“I don’t know” he said, equally confused.

Then, I heard something that sounded like glass smashing and Dean grabbed onto my hand as we spun in the direction. We started to head toward the noise and we went down an alley and half way down, we saw this little girl kneeling on the ground in front of a little doll.

“Little girl?” Dean spoke up. She didn’t respond…didn’t even flinch or acknowledge our presence. “Little girl?” he said a little louder. “Are you hurt, sweetie?” I asked as we approached her slowly. Still nothing.

We knelt down, beside her, hoping for some reaction. “You know the not-talking thing is kind of creepy, right?” Dean tried.

But, then my eyes widened as I saw the blood drip down from her mouth. Her head shot up to look at us. She shrieked and went to attack me with a shard of glass. Dean yanked me back and grabbed the shard of glass out of her hand and whipped his fist at her face. She flew to the side and laid there, on her stomach as we shot to our feet. My eyes widened even more as I saw what was graffitied on the side of the alley.

“Dean” I said and got him to look. He saw it too. It read Croatoan. “Oh, crap” he muttered. Then, I heard fast footsteps. “Come on, we have to move, now” I said and dragged him out of the alley.

To our left, there were a bunch of people that started to chase after us as we sprinted down the street. We started to come up to a chain-link fence that was blocking our way. We turned around to face the diseased people who were coming right for us…and then all of a sudden…shots were being fired.

Dean and I hit the ground, staying as close to the fence as possible and covering our heads. I heard Do You Love Me by The Contours start playing and when I looked, I saw it was coming from the tanks of army-looking men heading in our direction.

“Come on!” Dean grunted over the gun firing.

He took my hand to drag me along as we were staying low, trying to avoid small rocks flying into the air that the bullets were ricocheting off of…and we were trying to avoid being shot. I saw, one by one, the infected people started to fall to the ground, dead.

We got out of the way and ducked behind a bush. We watched as the tanks were killing these people completely…and then when they were done, they started to leave. It was dark out and Dean and I were making our way out of there. We started to dig on the side of the fence.

“Go” he said to me once it was big enough for me to slip through. I got to the other side, he moved some more dirt and rocks out of the way and then he slipped through as well. We both stood and looked at the sign on the fence. It said:

CROATOAN
VIRUS
HOT ZONE
NO ENTRY
BY ORDER OF ACTING REGIONAL COMMAND
AUGUST 1, 2014
KANSAS CITY


“August first, 2014” Dean said.

I felt myself stop breathing…or maybe I started to hyperventilate…cant remember, but I just remember Dean leading me to a car and he got me in the passenger seat. He went around, got in the drivers seat, hotwired the car and started driving.

“Hey…you’re still with me, right?” he asked me.

“Yea…” I breathed out. “It’s just weird…”

“Well, it certainly isn’t normal” he said, trying to get a signal on his cell phone.

I turned on the radio but it was what I expected…static. “And that certainly is never a good sign” I sighed. I started to feel a strong presence.

“Croatoan pandemic reaches Australia” another voice said. We both jumped slightly but it was just Zachariah in the backseat. He had a newspaper in his hands.

“I thought I smelled your stink on this Back to the Future crap” Dean commented.

“‘President Palin defends bombing of Houston’ Certainly a buyer's market in real estate. Let's see what's happening in sports…” he flipped a page of the newspaper. “That's right, no more sports. Congress revoked the right to group assembly. What's left of Congress, that is. Hardly a quorum, if you ask me”

“How’d you find us?” I questioned.

“Afraid we had to tap some unorthodox resources of late—human informants. We've been making inspirational visits to the fringier Christian groups. They've been given your image, told to keep an eye out”

“The Bible freak outside the motel…” Dean stated. “I knew we should’ve ignored him” I muttered. “Melissa, not now” Dean said, sternly.

“Hmm am I feeling a little tension in the air?”

“No” we both grunted.

“What, he dropped a dime on us?” Dean added.

“Onward, Christian soldiers"

"Okay, well, good, great. You’ve had your jollies. Now send us back, you son of a bitch”

“Oh, you'll get back—all in good time. We want you both to marinate a bit”

“Marinate?” I narrowed my eyes and turned my head slightly so I wasn’t really looking at him but he had my attention.

“Three days, guys. Three days to see where this course of action takes you both”

“What's that supposed to mean?” Dean asked.

“It means that your choices have consequences. This is what happens to the world if you both continue to say ‘no’ to Michael. Have a little look-see”

I turned my whole body to look at him but he was gone. So, I just sighed and faced forward.

We went to Bobby’s house and if I said his house was cleaner than the city, I’d be lying. It was just as trashed and there were spider webs and dust and it seemed like no one had been around in a while…which scared me. Then…we found bobby’s wheelchair on its side. He put it back on its wheels and there were four bullet holes going through it with dry blood going down the back of the seat. As I paced a little, Dean opened up the hidden compartment in Bobby’s mantle and pulled out John’s journal…and he found a photo of Bobby and Castiel with three other men standing in front of a sign that said Camp Chitaqua…so that’s where we headed.

It was pitch black outside when we found the sign like the one in the picture and men were patrolling the fence. We carefully walked closer, staying out of sight. “Oh, baby, no” Dean said sadly and I wasn’t the one he was calling baby at the moment.

I looked in front of us and I saw the Impala in a ditch, completely smashed up and rusted to Hell. My heart ached for that (once) beautiful car. We got closer to it and Dean peered inside. As I was still looking around, making sure no one saw us…I heard quiet footsteps behind me. I looked down and to the corner of my eye to see the boot of the person and I could tell it was a guy. I sensed the vibrations of his movements and I ducked and saw his gun hit Dean in the back of his neck and he fell to the ground, knocked out. I quickly stood up, spun and grabbed his gun and jammed it back into his stomach so he bent over and then I thrusted it into his face and he stumbled slightly but he caught his balance quickly to look at me. That’s when I got a good look at his face. It was Dean…just an older version I guess….

“Hold on” I said, calmly to try and get him calm.

He stared at me like he was in some kind of disbelief. I dropped his gun and put my hands up to show him I wasn’t trying to cause any trouble. “I just want to talk” I said slowly but then I was attacked from behind and darkness overtook my body as I fell to the ground, out cold.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<33