‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Going to the Future Part 1

I felt my senses start to come back to me and I felt one of my hands cuffed to something but I heard voices so I decided it’d be best to stay quiet. I recognized one to be Dean’s…and the other was older Dean, I think.

“…look, I just want to get us back to our own friggin' year, okay?”

“Okay. If you're me, then tell me something only I would know”

There was a pause. “Rhonda Hurley. We were, uh, nineteen. She made us try on her panties. They were pink. And satiny. And you know what? We kind of liked it”

Another pause. “Touché”

Oh, I couldn’t hold it in. I let out a laugh. “Pink panties huh, I have to remember that” I laughed as I opened my eyes to look around.

I saw Dean tensed...but, older Dean cracked a smile…and then it quickly faded away. He bent down in front of me to get in my face and he seemed like he was analyzing me.

“Hey, look. I’m up” another voice said and in walked…me.

I saw the older version of myself, standing there in short shorts and a skin tight belly shirt with stilettos. “Not now, Melissa” future Dean said.

Future me rolled her eyes.

My eyebrows rose and I glanced at Dean as he glanced at me too with an amused look. Guess some things don’t change. “So, what, Zach zapped you up here to see how bad it gets?” she asked.

“I guess. Croatoan virus, right? That's their endgame?” Dean said.

“It's efficient, it's incurable, and it's scary as hell”

“Turns people into monsters. Started hitting the major cities about two years ago. World really went in the crapper after that” future Dean added.

“What about Sam?” Dean asked. Both, future Dean and Melissa froze in their spots. “And Brittney?” I added, my voice shook a little. I was almost afraid to ask.

Future Melissa just stood there, staring at me. Future Dean glanced at her but made eye contact with me and then Dean. “Heavyweight showdown in Detroit. From what I understand, Sam and Brittney didn't make it” he said, pretty monotonously.

“Neither of you were with them?”

“No…us and Sam and Brit…we haven't talked in…hell, five years”

“We never tried to find them?" I murmured, absentmindedly.

“We got other people to worry about” future Melissa said, coldly as she cocked her shotgun and got ready to head out. “Where are you two going?” Dean asked.

“Got to run an errand” future Dean answered.

“Whoa. you're just gonna leave us here?”

“Yes. We got a camp full of twitchy trauma survivors out there with an apocalypse hanging over their head. The last thing they need to see is a version of The Parent Trap. So, yeah, you both stay locked down”

“Okay. All right. Fine. But you don't have to cuff us, man. Oh, come on. You don't trust yourself?”

I shot him a look. “Yea, okay” future Melissa scoffed. “Absolutely not” future Dean added and they both left.

“Dick” Dean muttered. “Yea, tell me about it” I rolled my eyes.

He just glared at me and I glared back but mine was more playful. He just shook his head and then eyed something in the floorboards. “Here, lean over me to use your nails and claw out that nail” he said.

“Umm no. How about I just claw out this one” I said, gesturing to one much closer to me.

“Yea, that works too”

I just rolled my eyes again and I started to dig my nails into the wood, around the nail to get it out of the floorboard. “Ouch! Crap!” I yelped as I eventually got the nail out.

“What?”

“I broke a nail” I hissed.

“Give me a break” he said.

“You want me to leave your ass here? I will” I threatened as I picked the lock on my handcuff that was keeping me contained.

“Yea, I know you will” he said and I just rolled my eyes for a third time and picked the lock on Dean’s cuff as well.

We walked outside of the cabin and it was day outside. We looked around the camp…it looked almost like a military base. “Hey, Dean, Mel. You got a second?” a voice said as we made our way down the steps of the cabin.

We turned and saw Chuck walking toward us. He looked different without his robe on, wearing a forest green shirt with camouflage pants. His hair was also shorter. “No…” Dean started.

“Yes…I guess…uhh hi Chuck” I said, instead.

“Hi. So, uh, listen, we're pretty good on canned goods for now, but we're down to next to nothing on perishables and hygiene supplies. People are not gonna be happy about this. So, what do you think we should do?”

“I…I don't know. Maybe, uh, share? You know, like at a kibbutz” Dean said.

“Wait a minute. Aren't you two supposed to be out on a mission right now?” he asked.

“Uhh yea, absolutely. We will be” I said. Then, his face faltered. “Uh oh” he said, eyeing something behind us.

I turned and saw a woman walking toward us, she swung a fist at me but I ducked and she swung at Dean but he moved to the side to dodge her hit. “Whoa! Jeez! Easy, lady!” he complained and hid behind me.

“Risa” Chuck corrected.

“Risa?”

“You spent the night in Jane's cabin last night, didn't you?” she accused.

I raised my eyebrows with a complete amused look. “Uh, what? I…I don't…did I?” he asked, Chuck. Chuck nodded.

“I thought we had a 'connection'“ she said, using air quotes.

“Well, I'm sure that we do”

“Yeah?” she scoffed. “Hi, Risa” Chuck voiced. “Screw you” she replied and then faced me.

“And you, saying you two don’t have anything between you guys when you were both together the other night”

“Were we?” I asked Chuck. He nodded again. I shrugged, still with an amused look. “Everyone knows already so just give it a rest, you sleaze!” she shouted at Dean and stormed off.

“Oh, jeez. I'm getting busted for stuff I haven't even done yet” Dean commented.

I was trying to hide my snickering. “What?” Chuck asked.

“Uh, never mind…I’m glad you find this so funny” he said to me.

“Oh yea, I’m getting a kick out of it” I laughed. “Hey, Chuck, is Cas still here?” I asked him, still smiling but it faltered slightly at the thought of Cas not with us.

“Yeah. I don't think Cas is going anywhere” he laughed lightly. I think we missed some kind of joke.

He pointed us in a direction and we walked right into another cabin and saw future Castiel sitting on the floor in a circle with several other woman. “So, in this way. We're each a fragment of total perception…just, uh, one compartment in that dragonfly eye of group mind. Now, the key to this total, shared perception…it's, um, it's surprisingly physical” he was explaining and then he saw us.

“Oh. Excuse me, ladies. I think I need to confer with our fearless leader for a minute. Why not go get washed up for the orgy?” he suggested and the woman left, walking passed us.

Dean and I exchanged a look and then entered as Cas stood up. “What are you, a hippie?” Dean asked.

“I thought you'd gotten over trying to label me”

“Cas, we got to talk” I said.

“Whoa. Strange”

“What?”

“You...are not you. Not now you, anyway…neither of you are”

“No! Yeah. Yes, exactly” Dean said with relief and I smiled lightly at him with relief rushing over me as well.

“What year are you from?”

“2009”

“Who did this to you? Is it Zachariah?”

“Yes”

“Interesting”

“Oh yea, totally fascinating” I said, sarcastically. “Now. Why don't you strap on your angel wings and fly us back to our page on the calendar?” Dean requested.

“I wish I could just, uh, strap on my wings, but I'm sorry, no dice”

“Are you stoned?" I asked him, seriously.

“Uh, generally, yeah”

“What happened to you?” Dean asked.

“Life”

Then, I heard a jeep pulling up, I looked outside and saw the future me and the future Dean getting out with three other soldiers. The three of us walked outside and as the three soldiers were walking in front of the future us, future Dean whispered to future me, then she lifted her gun, pointing it at one of the soldiers while the future Dean just stood by her side, watching.

“Hey. Hey! Watch out!” Dean yelled, beside me.

Then, she shot him…without hesitation…without thinking twice…she shot him and he fell to the ground, dead. They both spun around to look at us, giving us hard looks…it was almost intimidating…is this what other people feel like when Dean and I give them hard looks? Damn.

“I'm not gonna lie to you. Us and them…it's a pretty messed-up situation we got going. But believe me, when you need to know something, you will know it. Until then, we all have work to do” future Dean addressed the other two soldiers as future me continued to give us hard looks but then she sighed and shook her head.

~~

“What the hell was that?” 2014 Dean demanded as him and 2014 me shoved Dean and I into the cabin we started in. Now, that I looked around, it seemed like a headquarters type cabin. “What the hell was that? You just shot a guy in cold blood” I addressed 2014 me.

“We were in an open quarantine zone. Got ambushed by some Croats on the way out” she said. We waited for something more.

“Croats. Croatoans. One of them infected Yeager” 2014 Dean explained, agitated and impatient.

“How do you know?” Dean asked.

“'Cause after a few years of this, we know. Started seeing symptoms about a half an hour ago. Wasn't gonna be long before he flipped. Didn't see the point in troubling a good man with bad news”

'Troubling a good man'? You just blew him away in front of your own people. Don't you think that freaked them out a little bit?"

“It's 2014. Plugging some Croat, it's called commonplace. Trading words with my friggin' clone…that might have freaked them out a little”

“All right, look…”

“No, you look. This isn't your time. It's mine. You don't make the decisions. I do. So, when I say stay in, you stay in” 2014 Dean snapped.

You look…” I spoke up and got in his face. “You don't need to get nasty with us. We’re sorry. We aren’t trying to mess you…us…up" I said, making eye contact with 2014 me and holding eyes with 2014 Dean.

He eyed me carefully with light eyes…analyzing me. “I know” he said, lightly and then poured four glasses of alcohol on the table in front of us.

“It's just been a really wacky weekend” Dean added. “Tell me about it” 2014 me said.

2014 Dean handed her a glass, slid a glass to Dean and then handed me a glass, holding my eyes with his. We all drank. I noticed 2014 me and Dean were also holding each others eyes and I was trying to hold back from smirking because of the weirdness of this whole situation. 2014 Dean started to smirk as well, still staring into my eyes.

“Uhh what was the mission, anyway?” I asked, almost shyly.

2014 me grinned and pulled a gun out of a bag…I got a good look at it…it was the Colt. “The Colt?” Dean and I both questioned. “The Colt” they both confirmed.

“Where was it?” Dean asked.

“Everywhere. They've been moving it around. Took us five years, but...we finally got it. And tonight…tonight, we’re gonna kill the devil” 2014 Dean said, mater-of-factly…and 2014 me was completely on board with this plan…whatever the plan was.

2014 Cas and Risa joined us in the headquarters. “So, that's it? That's the Colt?” Risa asked. “If anything can kill Lucifer, this is it” 2014 Dean said.

“Great. Have we got anything that can find Lucifer?”

“Are you okay?”

“Oh, we were in, uh, Jane's cabin last night. And, apparently, we and...Risa have a connection while we were with Mel the other night” Dean explained, nodding his head at 2014 me.

2014 Dean shot him a look. “You want to shut up?” he said and Dean raised his hands in surrender as the amused look was back on my face and I saw 2014 me had an amused look as well.

“We don't have to find Lucifer. We know where he is. The demon that we caught last week, he was one of the big guy's entourage. He knew” 2014 Dean continued.

“So, a demon tells you where Satan's gonna be, and you just believe it?” Risa asked. “Oh, trust me, he wasn't lying” 2014 me said.

“And you know this how?"

“Our fearless leaders, I'm afraid, are all too well schooled in the art of getting to the truth”

“Torture? Oh, so, we're…we're torturing again” Dean sneered. “And you’re letting her help?” he asked, incredulous.

“Do you know them? They don’t exactly take no for answer…not anymore anyway…and lets face it, they’re very persuasive” 2012 Dean said, referring to me and the 2014 me.

“No, that's…that's good. Classy” Dean said, sarcastically.

Cas started laughing and 2014 Dean snapped his eyes at him. “What? I like past you” he said, innocently. “Lucifer is here. Now. I know the block and I know the building” 2014 Dean continued.

“Oh, good. It's right in the middle of a hot zone”

“Crawling with Croats, yeah. You saying my plan is reckless?”

“Are you saying we, uh, walk in straight up the driveway, past all the demons and the Croats, and we shoot the devil?”

“Yes” 2014 me answered.

“Okay, if you don't like, uh, 'reckless', I could use 'insouciant', maybe”

“Are you coming?”

2014 Cas sighed. “Of course. But why are they? I mean, they’re you both five years ago. If something happens to them, you're both gone, right?”

“They’re coming” 2012 Dean and 2014 me said, sternly.

“Okay. Well, uh. I'll get the grunts moving”

“We're loaded and on the road by midnight” 2014 me said. “Alrighty” 2014 Cas replied and him and Risa left.

“Why are you taking us?” Dean asked. “Relax. You'll both be fine. Zach's looking after you, right?” 2014 Dean said. “No, that's not what he means. We want to know what's going on” I crossed my arms.

“Yeah, okay. You're both coming because I want you to see something. I want you to see our brother and sister” he said and my stomach churned at the thought of Sam and Brit.

“Sam and Britney? I thought they were dead”

“Sam and Brit didn't die in Detroit. They said ‘yes’” 2014 me informed us. “Yes?” Dean asked, confused.

I tensed up. “They mean they said the big yes to Lucifer” I breathed out, incredulous…but at the same time not.

“That’s right. Lucifer’s wearing Sam to the prom and Brittney’s his date” 2012 Dean said. “Why would they do that?” Dean asked.

“Wish I knew. But now we don't have a choice. It's in him, and it's not getting out, he has her wrapped around his finger and there’s no way to get through to her…”

“I’ve tried” 2014 me murmured.

2014 Dean threw her a sad glance…but looked back at us and put on a game face. “And we've got to kill them…and Dean, Melissa…you need to see it…the whole damn thing, how bad it gets…so you can do it different”

“What do you mean?” Dean asked him.

“Zach said he was gonna bring you back, right? To oh-nine?”

“Yeah”

“Well, when you get back home…you say 'yes'. You both say yes. You hear me? Say 'yes' to Michael”

“That's crazy. If I let him in, then Michael fights the devil. The battle's gonna torch half the planet”

“Look around you, man!” 2014 me voiced, startling us both. “Half the planet's better than no planet, which is what we have now” she said and then looked at me. “You know you have to say yes…I know you do. We tried convincing them once before”

“It’s true…but I was too stubborn to give in to her…which was a mistake. Remember that she is always right” 2014 Dean to Dean, seriously. “If I could do it over again, I'd say 'yes' in a heartbeat”

“So why don't you?” Dean asked.

“I've tried! I've shouted 'yes' till I was blue in the face!”

“I even tried saying yes without Dean’s consent, hoping that maybe the angels could use me instead of him…” 2014 me voiced.

“The angels aren't listening though. They just…left…gave up! It's too late for me, but for you two…”

“Oh, no. There's got to be another way”

“Yeah, that's what I thought. I was cocky. Never actually thought I'd lose. But I was wrong. Dean. I was wrong. Melissa was right, when is she never? I'm begging you. Say yes” He paused.

“But you won't. 'Cause we didn't. Because that's just not us, is it?” 2012 me said, rhetorically.

I looked down and hung my head…but I felt Dean staring at me so I looked back up at him and stared into my eyes. Right now…saying yes seemed like our only option…no matter how much we may not like it.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333