‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Going to the Future Part 2

It was really dark and late now, almost morning and Dean and I had our hands in our pockets as we headed outside and people were getting ready to leave.

“So…you really think we should say yes, then” he said to me.

“When this whole thing started going down and we were told we had to say yes…I thought it was the craziest thing I ever heard…but I started to re-think it…and now that I’ve seen the future…it’s not that crazy…I don’t know, to be honest…”

“You just want to go back to 2009 and see Sam and Brittney” he said and I stopped walking so he would face me.

“Is that so wrong? They’re our family, Dean” I said and he just stared into my eyes.

“I know…like I said…you’re always right” he said with a soft smirk and it seemed like he almost wanted to cry.

I smiled. “And don’t you forget it” I said and kissed him.

Then, I saw 2014 me pull up in the truck! I ditched Dean and ran over to it, I heard him chuckle and then I saw Chuck reached him and they started to talk. 2014 me got out, grinning.

“We still have her?” I grinned as well.

“Yep and after all these years, she still runs like a charm…we don’t have the bike anymore though, we got into an accident when we got Cas to go for a ride with us and it got completely trashed and we just have to deal with a broken arm for a few weeks” she explained.

That made me a little sad but I just admired our truck. Then, 2014 Dean came over to us. “You should go with Dean and Cas, we’re heading out now” he said and I nodded and headed over to Dean.

I felt his eyes on me and I turned around to look back at him and I made eye contact with him. Then, 2014 me got his attention, he said something to her…it seemed like he told her he loved her…she responded…and they kissed. I smiled a little and I turned my head back and saw my Dean analyzing me. He looked over my shoulder and then his lips twitched upward and met my eyes. Then, he kissed me and he put his arm around my waist as we headed to 2014 Cas’ car.

I rode in the backseat, sitting in the middle, while Dean was shotgun and Cas was driving. While we were on the road, he popped some pills into his mouth. “Let me see those” I said.

“You want some?” he asked and handed me the small bottle. “Amphetamines?” I questioned, reading the prescription.

“It's the perfect antidote to that absinthe"

“Mmm. Don't get me wrong, Cas. I, uh. I'm happy that the stick is out of your ass, but what's going on with the drugs and the orgies and the love-guru crap?” Dean asked. Cas laughed. “What's so funny?”

“Dean, I'm not an angel anymore”

“What?”

“Yeah, I went mortal"

“What do you mean? How?” I asked.

“I think it had something to do with the other angels leaving. But when they bailed, my mojo just kind of psshhew!” he made a sound effect. “…drained away. And now, you know, I'm practically human. I mean, Dean, Melissa, I'm all but useless. Last year, got in an accident with Melissa and broke my foot, laid up for two months”

“Wow”

“Yea”

“Wait, you and Melissa were in an accident?” he asked, glancing at me.

“Apparently Cas and I get into a motorcycle accident…it isn’t that bad” I assured him, waving it off. He let it go for now. “So, you’re human” I stated.

“Well, welcome to the club” Dean added.

“Thanks. Except I used to belong to a much better club. And now I'm powerless. I'm hapless, I'm hopeless. I mean, why the hell not bury myself in women and decadence, right? It's the end, baby. That's what decadence is for. Why not bang a few gongs before the lights go out? But then that's just how I roll”

Dean and I exchanged a look. I loved how Cas had the stick out of his ass too but I kind of missed the fallen Cas that was so naive to everything around him and who would yell at the ‘voice’ on the phone that was telling him he was running out of minutes…and just from saying no to Michael, this is what happens to him.

We got to the ‘hot zone’ and started walking on foot with our guns in hand and we were scanning the area. The sun was out now and we got outside the Jackson County Sanatorium, we ducked behind some hedges and looked over at the building.

“There. Second-floor window. We go in there” 2014 me said.

“You sure about this?” Risa asked.

“They'll never see us coming. Trust me. Now, weapons check. We're on the move in five”

“Hey, uh, me. Can I talk to you for a sec?” Dean asked.

I made eye contact with 2014 me and we used this telepathic kind of thing and I wondered if she would just keep an eye on the others, she nodded and the three of us walked away from the others, so they couldn’t hear us.

“Tell us what’s going on, right now” I demanded, giving 2014 Dean a hard look.

“What?” he asked, trying to stand his ground but I was able to notice him struggling. “Don’t do that. I know you. You’re lying to these people and to us” I said, gesturing to me and Dean.

“Is that so” he inquired, getting a little in my face.

“Absolutely. See, I know how you lie. I’ve seen it all before”

“And plus I've seen it in the mirror. Now, there's something you're not telling us” Dean added.

“How’s everything going over here?” 2014 me asked as she walked over to us.

“Yea, just peachy, except for the fact that you both aren’t telling us something"

“I don't know what you're talking about” 2014 Dean said.

“Oh, really? Well, I don't seem to be the only member of your posse with some questions, so, uh, maybe I'll just take my doubts over to them” Dean threatened as we started to walk back to the others.

“Okay, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa. Wait” 2014 Dean said and we stopped to face him again.

“Take a look around you, guys. This place should be white-hot with Croats. Where are they?”

“They cleared a path for us. Which means that this is…”

“A trap” I finished for Dean. “Exactly” 2014 me said. “Well, then we can't go through the front” Dean said.

“Oh, we're not. They are. They're the decoys. The four of us, we're going in through the back"

“You mean you're gonna feed your friends into a meat grinder?”

“Cas, too? You want to use their deaths as a diversion?” I questioned as I narrowed my eyes at him and glanced at myself.

2014 Dean looked away while 2014 me looked down and wrapped her arms around her stomach. “Oh, man, something is broken in you. You're making decisions that I would never make. I wouldn't sacrifice my friends” Dean said.

“And I would never go along with it” I added, completely incredulous and…disappointed in myself.

“You’re right. You wouldn’t. Which is one of the main reasons why we’re in the mess!” 2014 me claimed, getting in my face. “These people count on you. They trust you” I stressed.

“They trust us to kill the devil and to save the world and that's exactly what we’re gonna do” 2014 Dean intervened, by putting a hand on the small of her back and I noticed Dean said the same thing to me to calm me down, slightly.

“No. Not like this, you're not. I'm not gonna let you” Dean said. “Oh, really?” 2014 Dean inquired. “Yeah”

Then, 2014 Dean slugged him and then looked at me. I threw a punch at him but he blocked it. “You have no idea how long it took me to learn how to block your punch” he said and then I felt someone knock me in the back of the head with their foot and I fell to the ground, knocked out for the second time since we got here.

~~~

I started to come to. “Son of a bitch” I muttered as I pushed myself off the ground. I started to hear gunfire and I saw Dean laying beside me. “Dean…Dean, get up” I said as I started to shake him a little, still looking around, paranoid.

The others weren’t there anymore. I got him to his feet and we rushed to the building. I saw flashes going off as the gunfire continued on the second floor of the building. We both cut through a bush to go around to the back and right when we got there, I saw 2014 me be thrown into a wall by a petite, blond figure and I heard the cracking noise coming from her neck as she fell to the ground and blood started to seep onto the grass…she…I…was dead.

2014 Dean grunted as a tear slid down his face while he was laying helplessly on the ground and someone, wearing a white suit, had his foot on 2014 Dean’s neck. He looked up at us when the tear slid away from his eye and then the man in the white suit shifted his foot and I heard the crack of his neck breaking and he shut his eyes…he was dead too. The petite, blond girl and the man in the white suit both turned around to face us…it was Sam and Brittney…or at least…it was Lucifer and his puppet.

“Oh. Hello, Dean, Melissa” he greeted. We just stared at him. “Aren't you a surprise” he said and thunder clashed as lightning lit up the sky…Lucifer disappeared from his spot…. “You've come a long way to see this, haven't you?” he said and was behind us.

I jumped slightly as Dean and I spun to face him and we backed up a little. I glanced at Brittney and looked into her eyes…she wasn’t there…she wasn’t Brittney anymore…2014 Dean was wrong…to me, Brittney was dead.

“Well, go ahead. Kill us” Dean said.

“Kill you? Don't you think that would be a little...redundant?” he said, looking at our future corpses on the ground. He sighed. “I'm sorry. It must be painful, speaking to me in this…shape. But it had to be your brother and sister. It had to be” he said and reached for Dean’s shoulder but he moved back.

“You don't have to be afraid of me, Dean…” He eyed me as I worked up so much courage to try and look him in the eye. He stepped closer to me. “What do you think I'm going to do?” he asked and went to caress my cheek but I turned away.

“I don't know. Maybe deep-fry the planet?” Dean said. Lucifer walked over to a rose and examined it.

“Why? Why would I want to destroy this stunning thing? Beautiful in a trillion different ways. The last perfect handiwork of God” He faced us again. “You ever hear the story of how I fell from grace?”

“Oh, good God, you're not gonna tell me a bedtime story, are you? My stomach's almost out of bile”

“You know why God cast me down? Because I loved him. More than anything. And then God created...you. The little...hairless apes. And then he asked all of us to bow down before you—to love you, more than him. And I said, ‘Father, I can't.’ I said, ‘These human beings are flawed, murderous.’ And for that, God had Michael cast me into hell. Now, tell me, does the punishment fit the crime? Especially, when I was right? Look at what six billion of you have done to this thing, and how many of you blame me for it”

The two of them continued their monologue and I was almost blocking them both out. I just couldn’t stop staring at Brittney. She just stood there…her body just stood there…uninhabited…waiting for orders from this son of a bitch. How could she say yes to this? To just…die without a fight. It’s exactly what she signed up for. She said yes to dying when Lucifer said so…I’m trying to wrap my mind around it but I just couldn’t…and then it hit me. Sam. He would be the only reason she did anything. He said yes…so it was only natural for her to say yes too…and look where it got them both. I looked at my body on the ground…and I looked at Dean’s body on the ground…and then I looked back at Lucifer and saw he turned to walk away, toward Brittney.

“You better kill me now!” I cried out and realized tears were threatening my eyes. He turned back to look at me.

“Pardon?”

“You better kill me right now. I swear I will find a way to kill you if you don’t. And I wont stop” I threatened.

“I know you won't. I know you won't say yes to Michael, either…neither of you will. And I know you won't kill Sam or Brittney. Whatever you do, you will always end up here. Whatever choices you make, whatever details you alter, we will always end up…here. I win. So, I win”

“You're wrong” Dean said and I noticed a tear slid down his cheek but kept my hard eyes on Lucifer.

“See you in five years, Dean, Melissa”

“Kill me you son of a bitch!” I begged.

But, there was more thunder and lightning and him and Brittney disappeared. We looked around and Zachariah appeared, placed two fingers on our forehead and we vanished from our spots, appearing back in our hotel room, in our own time, 2009. Zachariah stood in front of us.

“Oh, well, if it isn't the ghost of Christmas-screw-you” Dean said.

“Enough. Dean, enough. You saw it, right? You saw what happens. You two are the only ones who can prove the devil wrong. Just say yes”

“How do we know that this whole thing isn't one of your tricks? Huh? Some angel hocus-pocus?”

“The time for tricks is over. Give yourselves to Michael. Say yes and we can strike. Before Lucifer gets to Sam and Brittney. Before billions die”

There was silence, I started to shake my head. “Nah” I voiced, shrugging. “'Nah'?” Zachariah inquired. “Nah” Dean confirmed.

“You telling me neither of you have learned your lesson?”

“Oh, we've learned a lesson, all right. Just not the one you wanted to teach”

“Well, I'll just have to teach it again! Because I got you now, kids, and I'm never letting you two…” but, before he could finish, Dean and I weren’t in the motel room anymore. We were somewhere next to a railroad track, standing in front of Cas who was smiling lightly at us.

“Pretty nice timing, Cas” Dean commented.

“We had an appointment”

Then, on impulse, I hugged him. He seemed startled at first but then put his hands on my back. I pulled away and gripped his shoulders, looking into his eyes. “Don’t ever change” I said and then let go of him as he nodded.

“How did Zachariah find you?”

“Long story. Let's just stay away from Jehovah's Witnesses from now on, okay?” Dean suggested, glancing at me as I was giving him a smug look.

He pulled out his cell phone. “What are you doing?” Cas asked. “Something I should have done in the first place” he answered, holding his eyes with mine. I nodded.

~~~~~~~

It was day now and Dean and I were leaning against the Impala in silence just waiting. Then, I saw my beautiful truck pull up and Sam and Brittney climbed out. Sam and Dean approached each other as Brit and I kind of froze in our spots for the moment…then she started toward me slowly. I started toward her as well but she came over to me first while the boys were standing by the truck, we were standing by the Impala.

“Hey” she said, lightly.

I didn’t respond though…I just stared at her. I looked into her eyes…and I saw it was her. She was all there. I saw her pain in her eyes…her confusion…her anger…her tears…I saw her emotions…and they overwhelmed me. I gripped her arm and pulled her toward me hard, hugging her tight.

“You’re the one that left this time” I murmured, hoping my voice wasn’t shaking too much. “Now we’re even” she murmured back. "Yea, I don't think so" I just held onto her as she held onto me.

The boys came over to us as we let go of each other. “Okay…so maybe we are each other's Achille's heel. Maybe they'll find a way to use us against each other, I don't know. I just know we're all we've got. More than that. We keep each other human” Dean said to all of us.

“Thank you guys. Really. Thank you. I won't let you down” Sam addressed his brother and then looked at me.

“Seriously…neither will I” Brit said to me and then looked at Dean.

“Oh, I know it. I mean, you are the third and fourth-best hunters on the planet” he said and they both nodded.

“So, what do we do now?” Brit asked.

“We make our own future” Dean and I said at once.

“Guess we have no choice” Sam and Brit said at once as well. And for just a split moment…it reminded me of how things used to be….
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

<<333