‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

I'm Fine...Really Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
People say they’re fine when they don’t want to talk about something that’s bothering them…or they have a secret. Sometimes secrets are hidden because it keeps those, who don’t know the secret, safe. It keeps them safe from the truth…because sometimes the truth hurts…or sometimes the truth isn’t necessary…or it will just cause more drama and tension. Secrets…big secrets…most likely have a reason why they’re hidden from others…because that person who is keeping that big secret knows what secrets can do to people…it can either tear them apart…or bring them close together. Sometimes, secrets are hidden because it doesn’t just keep the ones who don’t know the secret, safe…it keeps yourself safe. Safe from getting hurt…because it might show that you’re weak…or you’re afraid of the truth. That is why people keep secrets…or at least, it’s my theory why people keep secrets.

~

We hit up the morgue to check out this dead girl’s body that had scratch marks around her head and they found a press-on nail in her temporal lobe so apparently she did it to herself…she literally scratched her brains out. The guy in the morgue told us how it only takes the thought of an itch to make someone start scratching like crazy…which caused all four of us to start scratching…and that’s when we decided it was a good time to leave. So, then, we checked out where the girl was when it happened and while Sam and Brit questioned the man and woman who paid this girl to watch their son, Dean and I talked to the boy. He told us he put itching powder in the girls hairbrush and at first we were thinking there was no way the itching powder could have been the reason for this girl scratching her brains out…but then we got another call. Some old guy in the hospital got electrocuted after just shaking his friends hand…his friend had a joy buzzer in the palm of his hand. So, we took the joy buzzer from him, careful not to buzz it, and we headed back to the motel room.

The whole time we met with the people associated with the two vics…I’ll admit I was pretty distracted. I didn’t know what it was but I just couldn’t concentrate…and I was doing my best to keep on my pokerfaced and follow what was going on but something had my brain in a whole other world and I just couldn’t control it. I think the others started to notice but they didn’t call me out on it, thank God. My mind was going back to one of my dreams that I’ve had multiple times before. I had it once before the whole apocalypse thing started and I paid no mind to it…but it was coming back to haunt me.

Dean slipped on thick rubber gloves and a pair of gloves. I set down a large uncooked ham on the table in front of him and then I backed up a few feet to stand beside Sam and Brit as we all slipped on our goggles.

“You ready?” he asked all of us. Brit and I nodded. “Hit it, Mr. Wizard” Sam said.

Then, Dean held the joy buzzer over the ham and pressed it to the ham and we all watched as seam was rising from the ham and it was changing color…it was cooking. Dean lifted his hand and we all took off our goggles and zeroed in on the ham and just gawked down at it.

“That'll do, pig” Dean said. “What the hell? That crap isn't supposed to work” Sam said.

“This thing doesn't even have batteries”

“So…so, what? Are we looking at cursed objects?” Brit asked. “Sounds good” I said as I took out my knife and cut into the ham.

“Maybe there's a powerful witch in town” Dean suggested. I cut myself a piece of ham and handed him a piece as well.

“Is there any link between the, uh, the joy buzzer and the itching powder?” he asked with a full mouth of food. This ham was good

“One was made in China, the other in Mexico, but they were both bought from the same store” Brit said. Dean acknowledged her and then took my knife and cut some more ham for the two of us.

~

We got to the Conjurarium, the store where the stuff was bought from, and we started to just walk around and look at the classic, old stuff people use for pranks. “Hey Sam” Dean said and I saw he held up a whoopee cushion to show him.

I rolled my eyes as Brit was at my side, shaking her head as she snickered under her breath. We worked our way to the counter and some guy came out from a backroom and came to the counter.

“Welcome to the Conjurarium, sanctum of magic and mystery”

“You the owner?” Brit asked.

“Yep”

“You sell any itching powder or joy buzzers lately?” I asked.

“Yeah, a grand total of one of each. They aren't exactly big-ticket items. Look, you kids here to buy something or what?” he questioned.

Dean held up the whoopee cushion and took out his wallet and handed the owner two dollars. “So, you get many customers?” Sam asked.

“Kids come in. They don't buy much, but they're more than happy to break stuff. These days, all they care about are their iPhones and those kissing-vampire movies. The whole thing makes me just…”

“Angry?” Dean filled in for the guy and he nodded.

“Yeah. Yeah, I am angry. This shop has been my life for twenty years, and now it's wasting away to nothing”

“Which is why you hate them” I assumed.

“I suppose”

“You wish there was something you could do about it” Dean said.

“Yeah, I guess I do"

“So you're taking revenge…” he said, taking a rubber chicken off the display and slapping it down on the counter. “With this” he added, holding up the joy buzzer and pressing it to the rubber chicken.

Electricity was sent through the rubber chicken and it was completely fried. The owner jumped back. “Oh! My!” he yelped.

We all just stared at him as he stared at the melted chicken in shock “Yeah, something tells me this guy is not a powerful witch” Sam said. “We’re so sorry…” I apologized. “Yea, sorry” Dean added.

“For the chicken” I said and threw two dollars onto the counter and we rushed out of the store.

The next day, we got another case where this guy was completely toothless! He described a five foot ten, 350 pound man with wings and a pink tutu…said he was the tooth fairy and that he left 32 quarters under his pillow, one for each tooth. We also found out there were a couple kids with stomach ulcers and said they got it from mixing Pop Rocks and Coke…another guy said his face froze a certain way…and Dean demonstrated which way it froze, which caused Brit and I to bust out laughing. Sam, Brit and Dean started to discuss again…but my mind wondered off once again….

“Babe, ya gotta remember to breath”

“Don’t tell me to breath! I’ll breath when I want to breath!” I yelled at him, squeezing his hand tighter.

I felt him cringe under my grip but he kept on his game face. “Come on, you can do it, almost there” he said, gently.

“We can see the head!” a doctor yelled.

“I’m going to be sick” Sam said. I turned my head to see Sam walked in without any warning. He quickly shut the door again.

“Oh, Sammy” I laughed, breathlessly. I looked up at his face and saw he was smiling back down at me…


“Mel?” Dean’s voice brought me back. “You okay?” he asked.

“Yea…yea I’m fine…what were you saying?” I asked.

They all eyed me, strangely. “I said, I thought sea-monkeys were real” he said, slowly. “They are. They’re brine shrimp” I nodded.

“What I said” Sam claimed.

“But, what I mean is…like in the ads. You know, like the sea-monkey wife cooks the pot roast for the sea-monkey husband, and the sea-monkey kids play with the dog in a sea-monkey castle…real. I mean, I was six, but I believed it”

“So, you think that’s the connection. The tooth fairy, the pop rocks and coke, the joy buzzer that shocks you…they’re all lies that kids believe” I said.

“And now they're coming true. Okay, so whatever's doing this is reshaping reality. It has the powers of a god…” Brit added.

“Or of a trickster” Sam finished, rolling his eyes. “Yeah, with the sense of humor of a nine-year-old” Dean said. “Or you” I said, smugly, nodding.

He gave me a sarcastic smile as he glared playfully at me. Then, I stuck my hands in my pockets and walked off. Brit came up quickly at my side as she hooked her arm around mine.

“Are you okay?” she asked me. “Yea…I’m fine” I smiled at her. She eyed me. Yea, she may have turned into a kick ass liar but it still doesn’t mean she always knows when I’m lying.

I heard Sam and Dean whispering to each other and I was about to listen in. “Don’t. It’s rude” Brit said.

I laughed lightly and just gave her a side hug as we walked out of the hospital. I let go of her to get my keys out, I unlocked the truck and got up in the drivers seat. I watched as Sam and Brit exchanged some words and they headed over to the Impala. I turned my head to the passenger side as Dean opened the door and threw himself into the seat.

“What are you looking at?” he asked me.

“Nothing much hon” I smirked. “Ha. Good one dear” he mocked

I glared playfully at him and then threw the truck into drive. “We’re heading back to the motel while Sam and Brit go around and do some research” he said and I nodded.

We got back to the motel and sat down at the table to have some more of the ham. At first, we were just talking randomly and making each other laugh…like you’d see a real, normal couple do…but then, a comfortable silence fell over us and I just stared into space.

“You gave him up?! I thought you were going to keep him!” he yelled at me.

“I only told you that so you wouldn’t worry about it much while you were hunting with your dad and Sam! Dean, I couldn’t take care of him by myself”

“You wouldn’t have been…”

“Yes I would have! My dad’s on hunts most of the time, my mom works full time at the hospital, Lindsey certainly couldn’t even if she wasn’t going to school…and I couldn’t raise him in this life”

“So you just gave him up without even my consent?” he narrowed his eyes at me.

I didn’t back down, though, I just narrowed my eyes back at him. “I didn’t need it. It was my decision. This is what was best for him. He doesn’t have to know about what’s in the dark and he doesn’t have to know he’s different. He’ll live a normal life”

He just stared down at me. I knew he knew I was right for doing what I did…he just wasn’t ready to accept it yet. Then, he stormed out of my room…


“Mel?!” Dean shook me a little. I looked up at him. “You were zoning out again…and you stopped eating…are you alright?” he asked me.

“Yea…I-I’m fine…”

“I know you’re lying…you know I can tell when you’re lying”

“I know…I’m going to be sick” I said and rushed to the bathroom.

I threw up a little into the toilet as Dean rushed to my side to hold my hair back. When I finished, I rinsed my mouth out and then cleaned up before walking back out.

“Melissa” Dean said, sternly, grabbing my wrist to make me face him when we were standing by our bed. “I wont let you do this to yourself again. Tell me what’s going on with you”

“I…I cant…”

“You cant? Or you wont”

“Both. Dean, this is something that I cant talk about with you…”

“I thought you talked to me about everything…you know you can”

“I know but I…I just…” I suddenly became very flustered.

I recollected myself and yanked my wrist out of his grip and headed into the kitchen. “I don’t have to tell you anything at all” I said, bitterly.

I grabbed a soup can off the counter, opened it, put it into a pot and started to cook it on the stove. I felt his expression harden as he bore holes into the back into my head.

Melissa!” he chided, trying to get my attention. “Dean!” I mocked.

I knew I was asking for a fight, acting this way…I haven’t tried to fight with him in a long time…but if it got him off my back then I didn’t care. I finally turned to face him as I put a hand on my hip and we had a stare off. I was staring him down while he was staring me down and my eyes never left his while his never left mine.

Then, Sam and Brit came walking in and we both lightened up and I went to stirring the soup while Dean got out a beer from the cooler and we started to pretend like nothing was going on.

“Guys, seriously? Still with the ham?” Sam asked as he saw the almost-completely-gone ham. “We don't have a fridge” Dean grunted.

“What are you making?” Brit asked. “It’s called soup. You heat it up and you eat it” I said with venom in my tone.

“And you’re burning it” Sam pointed out.

“Shit” I cursed as I shut off the stove. I didn’t realize the flame was on high and that it was sizzling over.

“Only you would burn soup” Dean muttered.

I just glared at him as I poured it down the drain. It could’ve probably still been eaten but I didn’t want it anymore anyway…I kind of just started to cook it to try and distract myself from Dean…see how well that worked?

“What’s up your ass?” Sam asked. “Nothing!” I snapped.

Sam and Brit were taken back by my outburst while I could tell Dean was too but he just gave me a hard stare. I looked at all of them just staring back at me. “Sorry…I’m sorry…I just need some air” I told them and walked out of the kitchen, passed the beds and out the door.

I stepped outside and paced back and forth a bit. “Damn it” I grunted and punched the wall. “Shit” I hissed, grabbing my hand in pain as I jumped around a little since it hurt so much.

Brit came out to me. “What are you doing?” she tried not to laugh. “I punched the wall” I whimpered slightly. “Hold on” she sighed. Then she walked back inside.

“Ow” I frowned and she came back outside, hanging me an ice pack. I put it on my hand.

“Now what is going on with you?” she asked me lightly, like I was some crazy person. She folded her arms.

“I’m having visions…” I started and saw her eyes widened. “No, no, no, I’m having…I don’t know what I’m having, dreams while I’m still awake, I guess…” I said, flustered.

“They’re called daydreams, Mel” she said like I was stupid.

“But, they’re more than just daydreams Brit. They’re from my dreams that I’ve had in the past. Remember that certain dream I had while Dean was in the Hell? The one you would hound me to tell Dean?” I asked.

“Yea…?”

“Well, that’s what I’ve been daydreaming about lately and it’s so vivid. I can see what he’s feeling, I can feel what I’m feeling, I can see what I saw and I cant tell Dean because he’ll just freak out about it…” I started to babble as I felt myself hyperventilate slightly.

“Okay, Mel, breath” she instructed as she gripped onto my arms. I took deep breaths and she let go of me. “Okay…do you think this case somehow involves…the you know what?” she asked.

I put a hand to my forehead. “I don’t know…I don’t even know what the…you know what looks like, how do I know it wasn’t that kid that put the itching powder in that girls hair?”

She made a face at me. “It wasn’t him. Your kid is much more cute, adorable, witty and smart. I know that much…and besides, I feel like you’ll know when you run into…you know what” she said.

I just stared into her eyes and knew she was being real with me. “Don’t you think we should refer to the you know what as…”

“No” I interrupted her.

We both sighed. “Well we’ll worry about it later, Sam and I found out something interesting” she said and I nodded.

We walked back inside causing Dean and Sam to stop talking immediately as they stared at us. Dean stared me down as I stared him down. Sam cleared his throat.

“Is everything okay now?” Sam asked, lightly. “Yea, is the stick out of your ass?” Dean snapped before I could respond as he kept his eyes on mine and I kept mine on his.

“Ya know, I would respond to that but I don’t answer to…” I started but Brit covered my mouth so they couldn’t my cursing and it was mumbled.

I saw Dean was getting fired up. “Let it go…come on, lets go” Sam said, holding Dean back and dragging him out. Brit gave me a look and then led me out as well.

We got to the truck as the guys got to the Impala and Dean and I were still staring each other down. But, eventually he looked away first because Sam nudged him and we hit the road. Brit explained how the Pop Rocks and Coke, itching powder, face freeze and joy buzzer were all located within a two-mile radius and there was a farmhouse with some acres of land around it, in the center of it all…so that’s where we were heading.

The whole time, my stomach was churning uncomfortably. I felt sick again. We parked the truck and the car and we walked to the door in silence. Sam bent down to pick the lock. But, then I heard footsteps from the other side of the door. I grabbed a hold of Dean’s arm on instinct.

“Someone’s coming to the door” I said. Then, I looked down at my hand and let go of him. “Sam” I hissed.

But, it was too late. The door swung open, causing Sam to jump to his feet and we all stared down at the little boy in front of us. He was a little normal sized boy who looked about 9 or 10 maybe 11. He had light brown hair and piercing green eyes that were all too familiar. I just stared down at the boy as all the bones in my body got chills, my head started to hurt, my stomach started to ache and my chest tightened up.

“Can I help you?” he asked. I could hear confidence in his tone.

“Hi. Uh, what's your name?” Sam asked.

“Who wants to know?” he retorted.

Brit, Sam and Dean all exchanged a look. I didn’t move from my spot though. I was just as taken back as they were and I also felt myself wanting to smirk but I couldn’t…I couldn’t do anything.

“The, uh…the FBI” he said and pulled out his badge.

I noticed Sam and Brit did the same and Brit nudged me slightly as she took out my badge from my back pocket to show him. “Let me see that” he said and took Dean’s badge to examine it.

I felt Brit put mine back into my pocket as her and Sam put theirs away as well. I felt Brit and Sam both eyeing me as Dean was oblivious to it and kept staring down at the boy.

“So, what, you guys don't knock?” the boy asked, handing Dean back his badge. “Are your parents home?” Brit asked.

“They work”

“Well, you mind if we ask you a few questions, maybe take a look around the house?” Sam asked. “I don't know” he said, uneasy.

“Come on. You can trust us. We're the authorities” Dean said but I saw how the kid was unimpressed.

I almost chuckled from it but then he moved his eyes to me and I tensed up. “You okay, lady?” he asked, keeping his eyes on mine. Dean glanced at me as I glanced at him.

“Umm I…uhh” I stammered.

“She okay?” he asked Dean. “Yea, she’s fine” he assured him.

The kid stepped to the side, letting us in but I grabbed Brit’s arm. “It’s him” I whispered. “What? Are you serious?” she asked me.

All I could do was nod as I walked inside and she was right behind me. We followed the boys into the kitchen. “What’s that?” Sam asked, gesturing to the pot that the kid was carrying off the stove and over to the table.

“It's called soup. You heat it up and you eat it” he said.

My eyebrows rose as I felt Brit stare in shock and Sam chuckled as he glanced at me. “Right. I, I know. It's just, um…I used to make my own dinner, too, when I was a kid”

“Well, I'm not a kid”

“Right. No, I know. Um…I'm Robert, by the way” Sam said, holding out his hand to him. “Jesse” he replied, shaking Sam’s hand. “Jesse, nice to meet you” he said.

Brit stepped forward. “I’m Elizabeth…and this is…”

“Melissa. I’m Melissa. It’s nice to meet you, Jesse” I finally said something to him as I stepped forward and bent down to his level and I shook his hand.

I felt Dean was eyeing both me and Jesse as he was trying to make it look like he was looking at the drawings on the fridge. While Jesse and I were shaking hands I felt everything inside me jump and I had this sudden feeling in my gut that made me feel…strong, I guess? I stared into Jesse’s eyes as he stared into mine and it seemed like he felt something too.

“Did you draw this?” Dean’s voice pulled me back and I stood to my feet as he came over to us with a drawing of a bearded man with pink wings and a tutu.

“It's the tooth fairy” Jesse nodded.

“That's what you think the tooth fairy looks like, huh?”

“Yeah. My dad told me about him” They all exchanged a look as I tried to stay with it but I was staring into space. “What, didn't your dad tell you about the tooth fairy?”

“My dad? My dad told me different stories” Dean chuckled.

“Well, the tooth fairy isn't a story”

“What do you know about itching powder, Jesse?” Sam asked.

“That stuff will make you scratch your brains out”

“Pop Rocks and Coke?” Brit voiced.

“You mix them, and you'll end up in the hospital. Everyone knows that” Then, Dean pulled out the joy buzzer. “You shouldn't have that”

“Why not?”

“It can electrocute you”

“Actually, it can't. It's just a wind-up toy. It's totally harmless. Doesn't even have batteries”

“So it can't shock you?”

“Nope. Not at all. I swear”

Jesse considered what Dean said. “Oh. Okay” he finally said, pouting his lip out a little…just like he does sometimes.

My eyes twitched to Dean but back to Jesse. “I mean, all it does is just shake in your hand. It's kind of lame. See?” he said and pressed the joy buzzer to my neck.

I jumped as the vibration tingled against my neck. I snapped my eyes at Dean, took the buzzer from him and slammed it to his chest. He jumped a little and sent me a look as I gave him the same look. Jesse laughed under his breath and tried to cover it up with a cough.

~~~

“What the hell, Dean?” I snapped as we walked out of Jesse’s house. I smacked him upside the head.

“Oh, you’re fine” he rolled his eyes at me. We had another stare off with each other.

“Okay, cut it out. Focus on the case. Everything Jesse believes comes true” Brit said. “He’s the one running Willy Wonka’s factory” Sam added.

“He thinks the tooth fairy looks like Belushi, uh, joy buzzers really shock people, boom, that's what happens” Dean concluded. “Yeah, but convince him the joy buzzers don't actually work, and they go from killing machines back into crap toys” I said.

“He probably doesn't even know he's doing it” Sam said and we all looked back at the house to smile up at Jesse who was staring down at us from the window. “How is he doing it?” Dean questioned and we just headed back to the motel.

“So…he’s…” Brit started. “Yea…I felt it when I shook his hand…and as soon as I saw him…he has his eyes…” I murmured, parking the truck.

"Well, he was adorable and witty..." But, I didn't respond.

We headed inside and Sam hit the laptop as Brit hovered over him a little…he seemed to really like her presence around him. Occasionally, he would look up at her asking for a kiss with his lips and she happily complied. I was on the complete other side of the room, chilling on Sam and Brittney’s bed while Dean was on the other side, on mine and his bed, flipping through John’s journal. We would glance up at the same time, hold each others eyes and then look away…it happened a lot before I noticed Sam tensed up in his spot when he found something. I noticed Brit tensed as well and they had one of their silent conversations…he seemed to understand what she was trying to get through to him. He looked over at me. I sighed internally, kind of annoyed.

“You find something, Sammy?” I asked him.

“I uhh…yea, I dug up what I could on Jesse Turner. It’s not much. B student, won last year's Pinewood Derby…on his schools soccer team…” he said, eyeing me.

I just kept my eyes on his, trying to look un-phased by the hinting sound in his tone. “But uhh get this. Jesse was adopted. His birth records are sealed”

I felt a little relief…some hope…. “So you unsealed them, and?” Dean asked. And the relief and hope was gone. “The parents aren’t listed…I don’t think so anyway” he lied.

“What do you mean?”

“There’s a woman’s name here but it tells us how she was also admitted to the hospital, giving birth at the same time Jesse was born”

“So she may be the biological mother but she may not be” Brit voiced.

I looked back and forth between her and Sam and watched as they just lied…just like that. “Well, it’s better than nothing” Dean said. “Her name’s Julia Wright. Lives in Elk Creek on the other side of the state” Sam said.

Dean tossed his dads book onto the bed and we headed out. Sam grabbed a hold of my arm. “Mel…there were names of the parents listed…” he said.

I just stared up at him. I didn’t know how to respond though. So, I just walked away from him and to the truck. I felt him staring at me the whole time, unsure what to believe he was thinking.

We got in front of a rundown house with a sign on the front rusty gate that said 'No Trespassing'...yea since when do we listen to what a sign tells us to do? We pushed the gate open and went along the side to walk up on the porch and get to the door. I noticed a few different locks on the door when Dean rang the doorbell.

"Whatever you're selling, I'm not interested" we heard a woman’s voice from the other side of the door.

"We're not salesmen. Agents Page and Plant...our interns Fallon and Lemin. FBI" Dean said as we all held our badges up to the peephole.

"Put your badge in the slot. Your partner's and your interns too" she requested.

Dean took all of our badges and slid them in through the mail slot. We waited a few minutes and then we heard the multiple locks being unlocked. The door swung open to reveal a petite blond woman in pajama pants and a robe with hair that looked like she just rolled out of bed...but it was her eyes that told me otherwise.

"What do you want?

"Um..." Brit started as if she didn’t know what to say. I noticed how she looked to Sam...for help?

"We just had a few questions. About your son" Sam said, nodding at Brit first, then looking at Julia.

"I don't have a son"

"You moved here about nine or ten years ago from Kansas right? He was born March 22, 1998 and you put him up for adoption in Kansas...?" Brit explained.

I tensed up slightly. She nodded though, her face was emotionless. "What about him?" she asked.

"We were just wondering, um, was it...was it a normal pregnancy?" Sam asked. She was silent. "Was there anything strange?" Dean voiced.

She quickly went to slam the door but I stuck my foot out to keep it open. "Stay away from me!" she yelled, running off. "Ms. Wright, wait!" I yelled after her as I ran into the room as the others followed.

We raced into the kitchen as she tried to hold the door shut but Dean and I both barged in. "We just want to talk" Dean said but she threw salt onto us.

When the salt just fell off, she just stared at us with a blank stare as we gave her the same stare. "You're not demons?" she asked, incredulous...but I heard relief.

"How do you know about demons?" I asked her. Well this was completely unexpected...

~

We all sat in Julia’s dining room with Dean and I side by side and Brit and Sam were on the outsides...they enforced that. I felt Dean throwing me glances…sometimes glared…others were confused looks…but I just kept my eyes straight. Julia made some tea and brought it over to the coffee table in front of us. She sat in a chair on the other side of the coffee table, facing us.

"I was possessed. A demon took control of my body, and I hurt people. I killed people" she said and I listened to her voice carefully. It sounded like she was about to cry, but she didn't.

"That wasn't you though" Brit said, gently.

"But I was there. I heard a woman beg for mercy. I...felt a young girl's blood drip down my hands”

"That's how you knew about the salt" Dean assumed.

"Yeah, I picked up tricks. It was in my head for months"

"How many months?" I questioned, cautiously.

"Nine"

"So your son..." Sam started.

"Yeah, the whole time. The pregnancy, birth...all of it. I was possessed" She paused, gathering her thoughts.

"The night the baby was born, I was alone. And the pain was...the pain was overwhelming. I screamed, and it came out a laugh, because the demon was happy. It used my body to give birth to a child. When it was over...something changed. Maybe the demon was tired or if the pain helped me fight it, but...somehow, I took control.. And the demon wailed inside me. It pounded against my skull. I thought my head was gonna explode. But I knew. I knew what I had to do"

She paused again, remembering ever little piece of what happened that night. "And when I was alone with the baby...a part of me...part of me wanted to kill it…but, God help me, I couldn't do that. So, I put it up for adoption…and I ran”

“Who was the father?” Dean asked.

“I was a virgin” she informed us. We all exchanged a look. “Have you seen my son? Is he human?

“His name's Jesse. He lives in, uh, Alliance. He's a really good kid” I told her.

I felt a twinge inside me when I said it though…like my words were lies…and I was feeling it inside me.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333