‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Keeping Things Bottled Up Is Never A Good Thing...

I was rocking back and forth a little bit as I was sitting up, pin straight on the couch in the ‘living room’ area. What the hell was happening to me? I looked up and saw Dean was in the same state of mind as I was as he sat across the room at one of the tables, near the windows. Sam and Brit walked in…but then started to go crazy and swing at the air like something was in front of them.

“What’s going on?” I whispered as my voice cracked slightly.

I watched as Brit and Sam were trying to fight off the orderlies as they were being dragged away. My frightened eyes met Dean’s.

When night fell, I decided to sneak down and see Martin. My senses were more enhanced than usual as my paranoia got the best of me and I was very jittery as I was sneaking and rushing down the hallway. I backed around the corner but I flew into something…someone…and I yelped as I saw it was Dean. He yelped too and clutched his chest as I was almost about to take a swing at him. We both just sent a silent message to each other, using our eyes and we went to Martin’s room. We snuck inside and went over to his bed. We were about to wake him but he shot up in his spot, ready to stab us with a scalpel.

It was kind of just a natural reaction…but I jabbed my fist into his face in a swift motion. He flew back down, hitting his head back down onto his pillow as he moaned, holding his nose.

"I’m sorry, I’m sorry” I said quickly. “Martin! It’s us. Dean and Melissa!” Dean hissed, quickly, before Martin could start yelling out. He sat up. “I’m so sorry, Martin” I said again.

“Don’t worry about it…I’ve had worse…good punch though…you both look like hell” he noted. “I feel like it too” we both replied.

“Where are Sam and Brittney?”

“Lockdown. They went crazy” I answered. “Thank God” Dean added. “What?” Martin asked, incredulous.

“We’re going crazy too! Seeing things, hearing things…we all are. Crazy’s the clue”

“What do you mean?”

“The things that me, Dean, Sam and Brittney have done…the stuff that we’ve seen…we’re gonna end up going crazy eventually” I said.

“Probably end up like a couple of drooly nutbags…no offense” Dean said.

“None taken”

“But, the four of us freaking out on the same day? I mean, it’s gotta be...” I started. “The monsters” Martin finished.

I felt my heart drop. “What? Where?” Dean and I snapped in a panic as we spun around quickly.

I punched him, accidentally and he fell to the ground. “No, there’s nothing there!” Martin said quickly. “I’m sorry, I’m sorry” I apologized, fast, helping Dean up. He gripped his jaw.

“What if this thing doesn’t just feed on the insane? What if it makes people insane? Is that possible? Does that seem real?” I wondered, still with an arm hooked around Dean’s.

Martin contemplated the idea as I noticed Dean seemed to agree with the thought. “Well, I’m not the most reliable source on what is real. But it sounds…makes sense”

“Okay, so we got infected…something shot us up with crazy. Something...” Dean started but suddenly stopped and snapped his head around to stare blankly into space as his whole body was tense.

I stared blankly at him, tense about my surroundings. “Dean, Melissa” Martin shook us both a little to bring us back.

"Okay, so the wraiths poisoned us” Dean started again.

“Maybe with venom. Touch…venom…saliva…” I paused. “Wendy and Rick!” I had an epiphany. “Yea! They slobbered all over the four of us! That’s how we got infected!” Dean claimed.

We headed out and started walking down the hallway. I saw how Dean was being extra careful not to step on the cracks in the tiles while I was doing the same with my back flat against the wall with the boys just walking down the middle of the hallway. I noticed Martin was staring at us both weirdly but I just couldn’t help it. Something in me was making me crazy and paranoid and I had no control anymore. Then, there were screams. Lucky for us, the rooms were right across from each other. Dean and Martin swung one open and I saw the girl nurse, who had checked us when we first showed up here, was hovering over Wendy who laid lifelessly on her bed. I spun to open the other door and saw the guy nurse who had helped with the inspections was hovering over Rick’s lifeless body.

“Is this real?” I asked, loud enough so Martin and Dean could hear. “Oh, darling, it’s very real” he said with a seductive smile as he pulled out a sharp, pointy stick out of Rick’s neck.

It looked like the horn of a unicorn…except it was just attached to the palm of his hand. In the blink of an eye, he grabbed my arm and threw me against the wall. “Melissa!” I heard Dean grunt but then there were thumps and bumps in Wendy’s room.

He stalked over to me, ready to slash me with the unicorn horn on his hand and at the last minute, I whipped out a scalpel and swiped it across his arm. As blood was forming, so was steam. He grunted in pain as that one spot started to sizzle and burn. He threw me a deadly glance but rushed out.

I checked Rick’s pulse…there was none. I headed over to Wendy’s room to check on Dean and Martin, but I was knocked down as the girl nurse came rushing out and darted down the hallway. I shot up and raced after her.

“Melissa!” Martin called after me. “I’ll be right back!” I called back and started to pick up the pace.

I jumped up and chucked the scalpel at her. She turned the corner too quickly though and it only skimmed her arm. I heard her hiss as I darted in her direction. I got the scalpel back but stopped short when I saw she rushed to two orderlies to tell them we attacked her.

“Crap” I muttered and raced back to Wendy’s room.

“She’s still alive” Martin told me.

“Rick wasn’t so lucky…the thing is sending orderlies our way”

“Okay, you and Dean have to go kill those things, I’ll take care of things here” he said.

I nodded and rushed to Dean’s side who was still on the floor, with his back against the wall. I bent down to him. “Dean? Dean? Can you hear me? Come on, we have to go” I said, smacking his face a little so he would look at me.

“I-I cant. I’m seeing three of you…” he squinted at me. “Come on” I grunted, putting one of his arms around my shoulders, lifting him to his feet.

“Mel…the room’s spinning” he murmured to me, groggily. “I know, come on. I got you…” I started but screamed slightly when two orderlies came busting through the door.

Martin lunged at them, so they all fell to the side as he was doing his best to hold them back. “Run!” he yelled and I did my best to rush out of the room, pretty much carrying Dean.

While walking down the hallway, I started to feel dizzy myself as the room started to spin. I felt everything shift, causing me to fly into the wall but I kept us both on our feet as I gripped onto a railing, attached to the wall. I noticed Dean lifted his head to look up at me but I didn’t look back at him…I adjusted him so I got a better grip with my other arm tightly around his waist. Everything was still blurry and fading out but I managed to see a blood trail…and from the scent of it, I could tell it was different. It belonged to the wraiths…so I followed it.

~~~

Dean gained some strength to at least move his legs…even though he swerved in the hallways. But, we got to this big door in a completely different area of the hospital. I grunted as I built up the strength to kick in the door. It flew open and Dean and I stumbled in to the sponge-like room where Sam and Brit were tired to tables and both of the nurses were getting ready to stick their horn things into their necks.

“Get away from them!” Dean demanded. “Do you really think this is gonna end well for you, kiddos?” he asked us.

“No, but we’re crazy. So what the hell” I said as Dean and I pulled out the scalpels.

They both chuckled as the horns disappeared back into their hands. I went for the girl as Dean went for the guy and I don’t know what was going on, on Dean’s side but this chick threw me against the wall. I slid my legs around so her legs collapsed from under her and she fell to the floor. But, she still had the upper hand and lunged at me, choking me as she gripped my neck. She slammed me against the wall and then I managed to see the horn start to come out of her hand again. Everything was still going in circles as I saw multiples of everything but I grabbed her hand to try and hold her back. The horn grew a little bit, getting closer and closer to my forehead.

“I can see how much rage and anger you have inside you, Melissa. Usually for someone like you, it takes nothing to make them crazier than they already are…but I’ve never met anyone like you before…you’re good at keeping it all bottled up…but in the end, you’ll learn that keeping it bottled up is what makes you go crazy in the first place. You’re the type to blame yourself…and with your rep, I can only imagine what you blame yourself for” she spoke in a ‘sweet’ tone as she continued to smile and I could feel the horn was a centimeter away from my head.

Her voice was irritating and I was starting to get annoyed. I grunted. “Bitch!” I yelled out and gripped the horn, breaking it off her hand.

Blood started to spurt out as she screamed and fell to her knees. I gagged and made a face as I grabbed the scalpel. Then, I plunged it into her, letting her fall over. I saw Dean was on his back, on the floor with the guy on his chest, holding him down, being so close to impaling Dean with his horn. I rushed over to them as he looked at me and the girl nurse on the floor.

“No!” he yelled and came for me but I swung at him, knocking him off Dean, as he stumbled to his feet.

I threw my leg up as my foot connecting with his horn and it flew off. He yelled as well as Dean shot up and stabbed him with the scalpel. He fell to the ground with a thump. They were both dead and my clear vision started to come back to me.

I looked at Dean as he looked at me. “Are you guys still crazy?” Brit asked. “Not any more than usual” Dean answered. “We have to get out of here” I added as we got Sam and Brit’s restraints off.

They stood up and an alarm started to sound. We bolted out of the room and they followed me as I led the way to an emergency exit in the back of the hospital. I had scoped out the place before we were even admitted so I knew my way around. We got outside and raced into the woods. After only a few minutes, we were able to slow our pace down as we came out of the woods on the other side where the Impala was parked. We only took the Impala here because none of them would let me drive and Brit had her heart set on going with Sam anyway. So, my truck was hidden, in a nearby clearing. I didn’t understand it, apparently it was ‘safer’ for me to be away from my truck for a while…I was starting to miss her though. I leaned against the Impala and let out a deep breath.

“Looks like Tom Cruise was right…shrinks suck” Dean commented.

I nodded in agreement but I noticed both Sam and Brit seemed off and hesitant about getting in the car. “Guys? You okay?” I asked.

Dean looked up at them as he got to my side while Sam and Brit were on the opposite side (the passenger side of the car). “No…the wraiths…” Sam started. “They were right,” Brit said.

“No. They weren’t. They’re dead, now, okay? Lets hit the road. I need a drink…or twelve” Dean said.

I made eye contact with Brit and nodded. “Most of the time I can hide it,” she murmured.

“And I cant speak for Sam…but I am angry…I used to be mad at you, Mel…I resented you for making me a part of all of this…and even though I knew it wasn’t your fault, I still was mad at you…then it was Dean…then Sam…then Lilith…now it’s Lucifer”

I could tell she wanted to cry but held it back. She stopped and I saw Sam giving her sad eyes so he continued for her. “And I used to be mad at you, too, Dean. Then, it was dad…and like Brit said, then it was Lilith and now Lucifer…and we make excuses…” he started, looking down at Brit seeing if it was okay for him to speak for both of them. She nodded.

“We blame Ruby, or the demon blood but…it’s not their fault! It’s not them, it’s us!”

“It’s inside us and we’re mad. All the time. And I just don’t know what that is…” Brit finished.

“And we heard what she said to you, Mel. You know it’s true. You have the most anger out of all of us, do you know why?" Sam asked me, genuinely.

“No…”

“But, you agree that you’re mad…” Brit assumed.

“Yes…I am mad…all the time…but what are you going to do?”

“Yea, seriously. Stop it. So what if you all are? What’re you gonna do, are you gonna take a leave of absence? You’re both gonna say yes to Lucifer? Huh” Dean snapped a little bit.

“No, of course not…” they both answered.

“Exactly. And that’s exactly what you’re gonna do. You’re gonna take all that crap, and you’re gonna bury it”

“She’s right. You’re both gonna forget about it. Because that’s how we keep going. That’s how we don’t end up like Martin” Dean said and then paused. “Are you guys with us?”

They hesitated slightly. “Come on guys, are you with us?”

“We’re with you,” they responded.

“Good. Let’s get the hell out of here” Dean said as he opened the door for me and I got in the back as Sam opened the door for Brit as well as they all got in.

As Dean was driving back to my truck, I noticed he kept glancing at me in his rear view mirror but I didn’t look back at him. I just looked down at my cast. We got to the clearing and I got out of the Impala right away.

“Give us a minute?” I heard Dean asked Sam and Brit. I didn’t turn around as I heard Dean come closer. I just stood in front of my truck, staring at it. I spun around to face him.

What?” I said, venomously.

He wasn’t phased by me snapping at him. "Mel...I can’t afford to always worry about you when you’re behind the wheel…I worry about you enough as it is...you can't keep this up...I won't let you. And I know when you hear someone say that it makes you want to do it anyway..."

I averted my eyes away from his. He started to come closer to me. "But you need to stop acting like a little girl throwing a tantrum" I went to object but he held a hand up to stop me. "I’m talking"

I stared into his eyes and let him continue as I made a face. “I’m not afraid to hurt your feelings, Melissa…because you and I both know you’re hardly phased by it…and you just get me back anyway…” I didn’t respond.

"I know you miss Jo and Ellen...I do too...and I know you were looking forward to getting your friend back after all of this...but they're gone now..." I felt myself needing to cry.

"And it's our fault" I whispered, lookin away.

He got to me and put a hand on my cheek and put his forehead against mine. He didn't know how to respond to that because he knew I was right. It was completely our fault. "I get scared when you show me that you care about me..." I told him.

"What are you talking about? I don't care about you" he said, smirking as he wiped away a tear that was sliding down my cheek.

I cracked a smile and just looked down but the smile vanished as fast as it came. "Ellen and Jo cared about us and about the mission...and look where it got them, Dean. So...I get scared when I know you care..."

"You should never get scared when you know I care...you should feel safe"

"I do..." I murmured and he pulled me into his arms. I took in his scent and the way he held me. “So much for burying everything”

“You and me are the exception…I just…I’m just asking for you to cut back on the stupidity a little…occasionally, they’re okay but only with I’m there with you”

I laughed under my breath. “Okay, deal…and you’re right…”

“I’m sorry, what? Can you say that again?” he asked with a smirk as he pulled away and I rolled my eyes at him.

“No…but, I'm sorry for the way I was handling things..." I continued.

"Don’t apologize...just get your frustration out" he said and handed me a crowbar and got my crap motorcycle, that was still trashed, out of the bed of the truck and placed it on the ground.

He took a few steps back and my grip on the crowbar tightened as I contemplated the idea. I thought about how we had switched positions from when John died. I was the one watching and suggesting that Dean should let off some steam by smashing the Impala. But, then…all of a sudden, on impulse I swung at it and it was so hard that it flew into a tree nearby. I noticed Dean was slightly startled but he stayed un-phased as he just watched me stalk over to the bike. I stared at it at first...and then I brought the crowbar above my head and came down on it once...twice...three times...six times...and every time it was harder.

I stopped when I felt the metal was digging into my skin, causing a little bleeding and my bike was hanging by a few pieces. I realized tears were flowing freely down my cheeks as I just broke down and fell to my knees, crying harder than ever. I felt Dean come closer to me and he took my hand to pull me to my feet and he took me into his arms. I wrapped my arms around his neck, cryin into his chest as he hugged me and he was basically holding me up. If he let go I would’ve fell to the ground. I couldn't feel anything. I felt numb. My legs felt like jell-o. And my insides ached like you wouldn't believe. The pain was hurting so bad, I thought every part of me was going to break into pieces like my bike. I felt like I couldn't breath and I felt myself falling.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments?

<<333