‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

One Little Accident Can Change Everything Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Our last case was…different. This geeky kid was screwing around with some Satan spellwork with this other kid and this girl and he ended up in Sam’s body. Okay, normal so far, right? So, while we had Sam’s body, it wasn’t really Sam, it was this kid, Gary in his body…a little confusing, but still normal. The part where it got weird…was when Sam started to hit on me and try to seduce me! Which resulted in me beating the hell out of him…and of course none of it went over well with Brittney…but all was forgiven when we found out why that was. These kids were talking to this demon and apparently there’s a bounty hunt for Dean to be dead and for me to taken to the dark side. So, these kids made a deal that they would kill Dean and kidnap me to hand me over to Hell…yea, like that worked. In the end, the other kid died, we brought Gary home and told him to stay away from the freaky stuff and just freakin rebel against his parents instead of resenting them and going down a whole different path. Sam told him to just get with the girl since she liked him…and I think he did…and then Sam told him his life wasn’t that bad…which was a lie cause he told how us how bad the kids life sucked. I felt bad in a way for him…ha, just kidding, the kid tried to kill Dean and have sex with me in order to kidnap me, serves him right. He was only seventeen too!

Whatever. Anyway, I was sleeping at the moment. It’s been a while since I’ve gotten a good sleep so I guess that’s why no one tried to wake me up…at the moment, I was thankful for it. I was dreaming…. I was at the lake, in my bikini…but I wasn’t alone. Dean was at my side, holding my hand. Sam and Brit were already in the water, hanging all over each other. My dad was here too with my step mom and Lindsey while they all gathered around a piano on the sand. John, Ellen and Jo were over there too. I squealed as Dean lifted me into his arms and ran into the water with me. We both went under but he kept his arms around me as we floated together. He kissed me…I started to kiss back…and he carried me back out of the water. Then…everyone else was gone…it was just me and him as he hovered over me, while putting me on my back in the sand and he continued to kiss me. I could tell this was all going to lead to something way more…but then in the blink of an eye…he disappeared.

I sat up, confused…but then I saw Adam (the angel) standing in front of me, where the water met the sand. “Adam?” I asked aloud in complete shock. He just continued to smile at me. “Well…this is awkward” I breathed in as I brought my knees to my chest.

“So, this is what you dream about…what’s wrong? Dean cant meet your needs in real life?” he said, jokingly.

I felt my cheeks grow warm as he chuckled. “Dean’s dreaming about you too…his dream is just a little…different…”

“I’m a stripper aren’t I” I assumed.

“Yea” he laughed.

I just shook my head and laughed under my breath as he came to me and sat next to me. “I miss you” he admitted.

I looked up at him. “Well, why don’t you just swing by the motel instead of gate-crashing my head?”

“I cant find you”

“Oh…right. Cas did this thing…” I started and pointed to my chest, indicating my ribs.

“Cas…right. Now, there's a friend you can count on” he muttered, sarcastically. I just stared at him with a blank, confused expression, waiting for him to continue. “He didn't tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“Where Anna and I have been. Of course not. Why would he?” he shook his head, looking down.

“Where is Anna?”

“Talking to Dean…I’m worried about her though…I cant tell you everything but where we were…it changed her…for the worse…you guys have to watch your backs, Melissa”

“I’m well aware of that, Adam…where have you guys been exactly?”

“Prison. Upstairs. All the torture, twice the self-righteousness”

“Why wouldn't he have told us where you were?”

“Because he's the one who turned us in…” My eyes widened slightly. "Don't look so shocked. He was always a good little soldier. Did anything under orders”

“I didn't know…are you both alright?”

“No. And we don't have long. We broke out. Barely. They're looking for us. If they find us…”

“Okay. What do you need?”

“Meet me. Two-two-five Industrial. And, please, just…” he started but I wasn’t able to catch the last part.


I shot up in my spot, looking to my right, seeing Dean had done the same as we sat up side by side. We both got up slowly and stared at each other, contemplating what to do next…and we decided on calling Cas. When we got Sam and Brit up, Cas got to us and we told him what Anna and Adam had said to us…I just left out the part where Adam said he was worried about Anna. Cas told us to stay here while he went to go check it out. We obeyed and waited. I paced a little and tried to keep it unnoticeable…and I guess Sam and Brit just thought it was a normal pacing but I could tell Dean knew it was a more stressed kind of pace cause he was eyeing me.

I felt Cas coming back and then in a second, he was back in the motel room with us. He told us Anna and Adam were planning on killing Sam and Brittney…that was their plan all along…and I think that’s what Adam couldn’t tell me…but he tried to.

“Really? Anna? I don't believe it…I believe Adam would though” Dean said, throwing me a hard glance.

“Seriously, Dean? You want to compare right now?” I snapped at him.

“Well, it’s true…they’re both behind it” Cas stepped in. “So they’ve gone all Glenn Close, huh? That's awesome” Dean quipped. “Who's Glenn Close?” Cas asked, genuinely confused.

“No one, just this psycho bitch who likes to boil rabbits” I answered.

“So the plan to kill us, would it actually stop Satan?” Sam asked. “No, Sam, come on” Dean said as I tensed up. “Cas, what do you think? Does Anna and Adam have a point?” Brit asked.

We all looked at Cas…he glanced at me and Dean but then just kept his eyes on Sam and Brit. “No. They’re, uh, Glenn Close” he said and I felt myself relax a little.

“I don't get it. We're looking for the chick and the dick that want to gank Sam and Brit. Why poke the bear?” Dean asked.

“Anna and Adam will keep trying. They won't give up until Sam is dead. So we kill them first” he said and started to pour some oil into a bowl that was on the table.

He started to recite some Latin and then the bowl burst into red flames, he stepped away from the table and we all just stared at him, anticipating what he was going to say or do next. “I've found them”

“Where are they?” I asked.

“Not where. When…it's nineteen seventy-eight”

“What? Why nineteen seventy-eight? Brit and I weren’t even born yet” Sam pointed out.

“You won't be if they kill your parents…” Then, he eyed me. “They’re going after your parents too…Anna’s afraid that there’s a possibility that you will go to the dark side if they kill Sam, Dean and Brittney’s parents”

I became very angry and tense. “I will! Take us back right now!” I demanded as I suddenly had all that anger build up inside me. I wouldn’t be able to handle anything without Dean, Sam and Brittney.

“And deliver you right to Adam and Anna? I should go alone”

“They're our parents. Cas, we're going” Dean said, sternly as I kept hard eyes on Cas.

“It's not that easy”

“Why not?” Brit demanded.

“Time travel was difficult even with the powers of heaven at my disposal”

“Which got cut off” Sam said.

“So, what, you're like a Delorean without enough plutonium?”

“I don't understand that reference. But I'm telling you, taking this trip, with passengers no less. It'll weaken me”

“I…I remember this spell that can take us to the past, maybe if I manage to get me and Brittney there and you get Dean and Sam there, then it wont be as bad” I said, suddenly.

Dean threw me a hard glance as Brit’s jaw almost dropped. “I thought you stopped” Dean said with a low tone but it was venomous.

“I did…and I’ve tried the spell once when Dean went to hell but I was too distracted, then…I think I was using a wrong emotion for it…”

“I think it’s a good idea” Sam spoke up when he saw Dean was completely against this.

“You knew, didn't you?” Brit asked him, harshly.

He didn’t respond and I noticed Dean became even more tense as his eyes became dangerous.

“It’s risky…you both might get stuck somewhere in between now and then…you could very well end up too far back, right in the middle of World War 2...” Cas explained.

“I’m very well aware of risks, thanks Cas” I snapped. I looked at Brit. “Do you trust me?” I asked her.

She didn’t respond right away. “Of course I do” she nodded.

“Then, it’s settled. They’re our parents, if we can save all of them…and not just from Anna and Adam…if we can set things right…we have to try” I said. I saw Cas was still on the defensive as Dean continued to just stare at me.

A little bit later…and a lot of silence between me and Dean…Cas had a ceramic jar and the angel-killing knife into a duffle bag. Sam lifted the bag onto his shoulder. “Ready?” Cas asked all of us. “Not really” Sam answered.

Cas looked at me and Brit. “We’re right behind you” I smiled, assuring him.

He nodded and faced the boys again. “Bend your knees” Dean said.

Sam went down a little so Cas could touch their foreheads with his fingers and all three of them disappeared. I faced Brit. “You ready?” I asked.

“Not exactly…I’m still thinking about how I didn’t know about your witch stuff and Sam did…” I grabbed onto her hands.

“Brit, he only found out because I was saving this guy from this crazy chick who was casting a spell on him to kill him…it’s not like I’m a full witch who practices magic all the time…I just remember some spells here and there and whatever…and I’m kind of worried about this one so it would be really great if I didn’t think you were mad at me so I can focus”

She stared at me for a moment. “Okay” she nodded. “Lets do this” she grinned. “Okay…besides, its easy” I assured her and let go of one of her hands so I could stand at her side.

Power of the witches rise, coarse unseen across the skies, take me back to where I'll find, what I wish in place and time” I chanted, strongly as I held Brit’s hand, tightly and squeezed my eyes shut.

~~

Brit and I both tumbled to the ground and when I opened my eyes to look around…I saw we were in the middle of the street with a truck heading our way. “Come on!” I yelled and got Brit as we raced out of the way.

“Did we make it to the right time?” Brit asked.

I glanced at a very old fashioned car. “Unless they're bringing Pintos back into production, I'd say yes”

“And we’re in the right place?” she asked.

I pointed to a big sign that said Welcome to Lawrence, Kansas. “Calm down, Brit. I got us here in one piece. Dean and Sam have to somewhere” I said and we started to walk down the sidewalk.

I tried to catch Dean’s scent and listen to Sam’s voice. “Mel, how are we going to find them? I’m not getting any signal…” she started to complain.

“Brittney, please shut up for a minute” I snapped.

“Okay, just do your thing, fast. I hate being separated from the guys”

“Four years ago, you would’ve felt perfectly fine with just being at my side” I said, simply. She didn’t respond.

I shut my eyes lightly and caught Dean’s scent and Sam’s voice. “Come on” I said and lead her down a few blocks, around some corners and I saw Sam at a pay phone. “Sam!” we both called.

His head snapped up and raced toward us. “We were so worried that you girls were trapped somewhere” he said as he hugged us both at once. “Nope, just a few blocks away” Brit said.

“Where’s Dean?” I asked.

“Went to check Cas into the motel. He was completely wrecked” Sam answered and a few men walked by, looking all fancy with their black hats and thick mustaches. “I mean, the mustaches alone…” Sam said and we just laughed lightly as he gawked at the men.

He smiled down at us. Then, Dean came out and his widened slightly as he walked at a fast pace to us. “Are you girls alright?” he asked. “You tell me” I countered.

We had a silent stare off with our eyes…but then remembered Brit and Sam were here. “I uhh I paid for Cas for five nights up in the honeymoon suite. I told the manager, 'Do not disturb no matter what.' You know what he said to me? 'Yeah. Don't sweat it. Want to buy some dope?'“ he told us.

The three of us scoffed and snorted in response. “Dope. We ought to stick around here, buy some stock in Microsoft”

“We might have to if Cas doesn’t recover. It was hard enough to get both of us here, I don’t know how it would work with all four of us”

“You said it was easy!” Brit claimed.

I ignored her. “Is he okay?” I continued.

“What do I look like? Dr. Angel, Medicine Woman?” he snapped at me. I glared at him. “He’ll wake up…he’s tough for a little nerdy dude with wings” I said, instead of kicking Dean where it hurts.

“If you knew that, why did you ask me?” he asked, purposely to get me angry.

I was about to lunge at him but Brit held me back. “If he landed like that, hopefully so did Anna. Should buy us some time” Sam said, quickly to change the subject.

“So, did you find 'em?” Dean asked.

“Yeah. Uh, the Winchesters. Forty-five Robin Tree. The Sterns, Forty-nine Robin Tree…I couldn’t find the Hails’ though” Sam said, apologetic.

“It’s because when our parents first got married, my parents lived with Mel’s for a little bit because my grandparents kicked my parents out for getting married so young…they got eloped” she explained and I saw her and Sam exchanged a look.

Family history can be so weird sometimes. “Let's go pop in on the folks” Dean interrupted the awkward silence.

We found a car to hotwire and I got in the front seat to drive, before Dean could. He sent me a deathly stare but I just sent him one back and I took off. I have to admit, I was getting sidetracked.

“What’s up, Mel?” Sam asked.

“I don’t know…when Cas sent me and Dean to the past last time, my dad found out that Kathrine cheated on him…I don’t know if I should think he got back with her or not…I don’t know, my thoughts are jumbled together, I cant think right now” I said.

We pulled up to the Winchester’s place first but we all stayed silent as I saw my…a green truck in the drive way…and Will and Kathrine walking hand-in-hand into the Winchesters house. When I saw John open the door, I managed to see Mary in the background, talking to Vince and Gabriel, Brit’s parents. They shut the door and I felt eyes on me but I just ignored them as I got out. Then, so did they and Sam and Brit rushed up the path.

“Wait, wait, wait” Dean said quickly as we ran to them to stop them. “Dean, Anna and Adam could be here any second” Sam reminded.

“So, what, exactly, are we gonna march up there and tell all them?” I asked. “Uh, the truth” Brit said, like it was obvious.

“That their sons and daughters came back from the future to save them from two angels that have gone Terminator?” I questioned, sarcastically. “Yea, come on, guys. Those movies haven't even come out yet” Dean added.

“Well, then tell mom and Will that demons are after all of them. I mean, they think you're hunters, right?” Sam asked.

“Yeah, hunters who disappeared right when their dads died. They‘re gonna love us” Dean said, sarcastically.

We both got those puppy dog looks from the two of them. Dean and I exchanged a look and then sighed. “Just follow my lead” he said and we all walked up onto the porch.

I felt my stomach churned uncomfortably as we knocked on the door. It swung open to reveal Mary…she was smiling until she got a good look at me and Dean. “Hey Mary” we both said.

“You can't be here” she hissed to us.

“I'm sorry if this is a bad time” Dean apologized.

“You don't understand. I'm not…I don't do that anymore. I have a normal life now…” she started…but then Will showed up at her side. His eyes widened slightly.

“You both have to go” he said, sternly. “I’m sorry but this is kind of important” I said, staring into his eyes.

Then, John appeared at their sides. “Sorry, sweetie, they're just…” Mary started.

“Mary’s cousins” I said quickly. “They’re Mary’s cousins…we’re Will’s cousins” I said, gesturing to me and Brit.

“Yea, we couldn't stop through town without swinging by and saying 'hey', now, could we?” Dean questioned. “You both look familiar” he said. “Yea umm you do too actually” I said.

“We must have met sometime. Small towns, right? Got to love 'em…Dean” he introduced, shaking John’s hand. “Melissa” I smiled, shaking his hand as well.

“I'm John”

“This is Sam and Brittney” Dean said.

“Sam…and Melissa. Uh, Mary's father was a Sam…and Will’s mother was Melissa” John said sadly as he glanced at both of them.

“They’re family names…our families have always been close” I said.

“Gabriel and Vince are making coffee…is everything okay over here?” another voice asked and Kathrine came to Will’s side.

I tensed up as I stared at her. She really was beautiful…I tried to push the feeling of being connected to her away though…and I noticed Brit was slightly startled and Sam was still just staring at Mary as tears were filling his eyes. I made eye contact with Will and I noticed he was trying to avoid my eyes as I was giving him a look.

“Yea, everything’s fine, babe…just some family” he answered. “You okay, pal? You look a little spooked” John mentioned, gesturing to Sam.

He shook himself out of his state of mind. “Oh. Oh, yeah. Just a...long trip” he responded. We all just nodded.

“Well…Sam, Dean, Melissa and Brittney were just on their way out” Mary tried.

“What? They just got here. Real happy to meet folks from Mary and Will’s side. Please come on in for a beer” John insisted.

Mary and Will were giving us hard looks as we all walked in. We were led into the living room. “Coffee’s ready” a voice called as Gabriel came walking in with Hank.

This time, I felt Brit almost collapse to her knees at the sight of them. “Oh, more visitors! It’s a good thing we made extra” Gabriel smiled.

“Yea…they’re family of Mary’s and Will’s” Kathrine said.

“Vince and Gabriel, this is Sam, Dean, Melissa and Brittney” Will introduced. “Well, it’s nice to meet you both” Vince said. “Are you sure you're okay, Sam?” John asked again.

“W…oh. Yeah, yeah. Um, I'm just, um…you are so beautiful” he said to Mary.

There was an awkward silence. “He means that in a-a non-weird, wholesome, family kind of a way” Dean said. “Yeah, right” John said, slowly.

“We haven't seen Mary in…in quite some time, and…see, she's the spitting image of our mom. I mean, it's…” Dean continued. “Eerie” Sam said for him.

“So, how are you guys related?” Kathrine asked, a bit rudely. “Umm ya know…distantly” I answered.

“So, you knew Mary and John’s parents” John assumed. “Yea…yea Mary and Will’s dads were pretty much like grandpas to us” Dean said.

“That was horrific…Sam having a heart attack the same night someone breaks in and murders George…” Kathrine said a big oblivious to how harsh her words were.

“Yea…it was” Dean agreed, slowly and I felt him glance at me.

“So, uh, what are you guys doing in town, anyway?” Vince asked, changing the subject. “Business…you know” Dean shrugged. “Oh, yeah? What line of work?” John inquired.

“Plumbing” Sam and Brit answered at the same exact time Dean and I said “Scrap metal”. Everyone except Mary and Will eyed us carefully.

“Oh, gosh. It's almost seven. I hate to be rude, but I got to get dinner ready” Mary said, quickly. “Maybe they could stay” John tried. “I'm pretty sure they have to leave, John” Will insisted.

“Uh, look, please stay. You know, it would mean a lot to me. I haven't met much of Mary and Will’s side of the family” John said. “Yea, same here” Kathrine grinned.

We all just exchanged a look and even though it was obvious that Will and Mary weren’t happy about it, we agreed…wasn’t like we were gonna leave anyway.

We got Vince, Gabriel, Kathrine to leave the room while John went to check on dinner. “You have to leave. Now” Mary said.

“Okay, just listen…” Dean started.

“No, you listen. Last time we saw you, a demon killed our parents. Now you both waltz in here like you're family?” Will narrowed his eyes. “Whatever you want…no. Leave us alone” Mary added.

“You two, Kathrine, John, Vince and Gabriel are in danger” I said, quickly. “What are you talking about?” Will asked. “Something's coming for you” Dean said.

“Demon?”

“Not exactly…” I said. “Well, what, then?” Mary asked. “It's kind of hard to explain, okay? It's…it's…” Dean stammered. “An angel. Two actually” Sam said.

“What? There's no such thing"

“I wish. But they're twice as strong as demons. And bigger dicks”

“Why would an angel want to kill us?” Will asked.

“It's a long story, and we'll tell you the whole thing, but right now, you've got to trust us” Dean said. “And we got to go” Brit added.

Then, I stood and stared into Will’s eyes. “Look at my face and tell me if I'm lying to you” I said.

He analyzed me for a moment and then nodded to Mary. “Okay. Where do we go?” he asked. “Out of here. We got to move now, though” Dean said. “What do we tell the others?” Mary asked.

I froze when I realized…it was a little too quiet to my liking. “John? Katherine?” I called out and rushed into the kitchen.

“Them and Vince had to go back to the factory, Mr. Woodson called, asking for them” Gabriel informed us. “Damn it” I said and rushed out of the house.

We got to the factory where John, Will, Kathrine and Vince worked and rushed inside to see Adam and Anna throwing Vince, Kathrine and John around. Brittney and Sam stayed back and out of sight with Gabriel as Dean went forward to confront Anna when she was about to kill John and I ran with Will as we raced to Kathrine, who was on the floor, against the wall. I saw Adam stalk toward Vince who was also on the floor a little bit away from us. I shot up and ran over to him. I spun him around and clocked him right in the middle of his face. He spun around and his hands flew to his face. He turned back toward me, adjusted his nose and then just smiled that charming smile.

“It’s nice to see you, Melissa” he said, smoothly. “I wish I could say the same for you, Adam” I said, honestly.

Then, Will stabbed a crowbar into Adam from behind. Some blood came out of his mouth but then he pulled the crowbar out and faced Will. “Sorry…it’s not that easy to kill an angel” he replied.

“No. But you can distract them” Brit said and I saw hers and Sam’s blood was on the wall, making sigils and they slammed down their hands in the middle so Adam and Anna vanished into a bright light.

As Brit and I got Gabriel and Vince, Will went and got Kathrine to her feet as the boys made sure John and Mary were okay…but John was far from okay. Him, Kathrine, Gabriel and Vince all stared at us with incredulous, shocked looks. We had a lot of explaining to do.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333