‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

One Little Accident Can Change Everything Part 2

"Monsters? Are you all on dope or something?” Kathrine asked as she was in the passenger seat of our truck.

Will was driving, Brit and I were squished in the middle, sitting the back with her mom on my side and her dad on her side. We explained to them that me, Brit, Dean, Sam, Will and Mary all fight off monsters.

“And when you said you couldn’t hang out or couldn’t come over…” Vince started. “It was because I was out hunting” Will confirmed.

“And when you canceled our dates?” Kathrine brought up.

“Hunting…” he nodded. She scoffed.

“This is…too weird” Gabriel commented.

“Was this your big secret that you had with Mary?” Kathrine hissed. “Yes” They shared some angry words.

“Don’t worry, they always argue like this” Gabriel said to us.

“You guys are kind of like Switzerland aren’t you” Brit assumed. “I mean, between Mary and John and Kathrine and Will…”

“You could say that…” Vince said. I eyed Brit and tried to analyze her but she kept on a poker face.

Soon enough, we pulled up to this old, house in a clearing with much else around except for tons of trees and a water tower. We all got out and headed toward the door but Brit and I stopped to face Sam and Dean.

“How was your little family road trip?” I quipped slightly. “Oh yea, just peachy…” Dean replied. “Yea…ours too” I sighed in annoyance and we all walked in.

“Place has been in the family for years. Devil's trap. Pure iron fixtures, of course. Um, there should be salt and holy water in the pantry, knives, guns” Mary explained.

“All that stuff will do is piss them off” I told her. “So, what will kill them? Or slow them down, at least?” Will asked. “Not much” Sam said.

“Great”

“He said not much, not nothing. We packed” Dean said as Sam put the bag up on the table.

Dean pulled out a piece of paper with a drawing of the sigil to get rid of angels. If we put two of these up and they come close, we beam them both right off the starship” Dean explained to all of them.

“This is holy oil. It's kind of like a devil's trap for angels. Come on. I'll show you how it works” Sam offered to Mary. She nodded.

“I’ll come” Gabriel offered. “Me too” Vince said and they followed Mary and Sam into another room. “Hey, what's the deal with the thing on the paper?” John asked. “It's a sigil. That means…” Dean started.

“I don't care what it means. Where does it go?”

“On a wall or a door” I answered him.

“How big should I make it?”

“John…” Dean started.

“What? Y'all might have treated me like a fool…” he spat and threw a dirty look at Will but he didn’t return one. His look was more apologetic and sad. “…but I am not useless. And if Vince and Gabriel can offer to help, so can I. I can draw a damn…whatever it is…a sigil”

“Why don't you go help Sam out, 'cause this has got to be done in…it's got to be done in human blood”

Then, John took a knife from the bag and sliced his hand. I was very impressed as I folded my arms…and I noticed Will had crossed his arms as well, equally impressed by his best friend.

“So, how big?” John asked again. Dean had a kind of proud smile on his face. “I'll show you” Dean agreed.

I eyed them both, watching them start to have a father-son moment and then I walked into the other room. I heard Will ask her a question and then she replied with “Nope, im gonna sit right here so im not in the way” and then he followed me.

“I think we should talk…” he said. “About what?” I asked, knowing very well what he wanted to talk about.

“About why I took Kathrine back…”

“It’s completely none of my business”

“But you do deserve an explanation…I don’t know why I feel like you do, but I feel it in my gut that you deserve some explaining…she apologized…”

I scoffed. “Really. She…” I started to get snaky but he stopped me.

“Let me finish…” I sighed and folded my arms. “She apologized…and she told me she wanted to make it work with me…that she just needed the extra money…when she told me that, that’s when I managed to get her a job at the factory and ever since, it’s been pretty okay between us…not including now”

“But…”

“Haven’t you ever heard of second chances?” he asked me.

I froze and felt myself want to break. “Yea…actually I have” I told him.

“So I gave Kathrine a second chance…I do love her…a lot…”

“And if you find out she doesn’t love you back…or as much?”

“Then…so be it” he shrugged. “But, I have to believe she loves me back…”

“I guess…I just don’t understand what you love about her. Is it the fact that she’s one of the guys sometimes? I noticed how she was the only woman that work in the factory with you guys. I mean, there a lot of girls like that out there” I told him, he chuckled.

“If you knew her like I did…you’d understand”

“I just don’t want you to get hurt…I know we don’t know each other very well but you’re a really good guy, Will. You should be with someone you know cares about you as much as you care about them”

He just stared at me for a moment. “Have you and Dean done anything about your situation?” he asked me.

“No…it’s still complicated”

“Then, I guess we could say that you and me are used to complicated relationships”

“That’s an understatement” I laughed under my breath.

He smiled an angelic, charming smile. I guess it just runs in the family…is what I wanted to say…but didn’t. “So, show me how to do this sigil thing” he said and I nodded.

I had shown him how to do it and he caught on really fast…but there was something I needed to say…I just didn’t know how. “Okay…since we have a minute, why do angels want us dead?” he asked.

“'Cause they're dicks” I said, simply.

“It’s not exactly an answer I was looking for…I didn't even know they existed, and now I'm a target?”

“It's…kind of complicated…if you really want to know, you're just gonna have to trust me, okay?”

“I've been trusting you all day”

I hesitated. “I’m your daughter” I finally got it out.

He stared at me and narrowed his eyes as if I was joking or something. “What?”

“I'm your daughter. Sorry. I don't know how else to say it. We're from the year 2010. An angel zapped Dean and Sam back here while I used a spell to get me and Brit here. I’m not a witch, I just know some craft…and the angel that helped us isn’t like the ones who are after you, he’s much friendlier…”

“You seem like a really sweet person and I’m sorry but you cant expect me to believe that”

“My name is Melissa Stern, named after your grandmother. The other girl is Brittney Hails, daughter of Gabriel and Vince Hails. And the guys are Dean and Sam Winchester, named after Mary’s parents. When I was sick, you would make me tomato-rice soup because it’s what Mary did for Dean and it’s what she did for you when you were sick because it was what her mom did for her..." I only knew that because Dean told me...

"And when I was scared, you would hold me in your arms and just sing any kind of song…usually a Beatles song…until I calmed down and fell asleep…and some nights when you weren’t hunting and we were just talking…we would be on the porch, staring up at the stars because it was your favorite thing to do…and it became our thing”

He stared at me in awe and shock as I stared back at him with pleading eyes and I felt tears burning in them. “I…I cant believe it…I raised my daughter to be a hunter?” he asked me and I could hear pain in his voice.

“You didn’t want to…I could see that…but something happened…” I started and stopped.

But, I couldn’t lie or just beat around the truth anymore. “Mary dies…the yellow-eyed demon kills her and John becomes a hunter to get revenge…you’re the one who trains him because he still was your best friend and you worried about him…and you raised me in this life because you didn’t want me to be taken by surprise by anything…"

"You have to listen to me…April 20th, 2005, two weeks after Brittney's 18th brthday...you have to remember that date because you have to get your family out of the house…because the yellow eyed demon comes back and kills you, my sister and your other wife, Jenifer…I know this is a lot to take in but you need to just remember that…and November 2nd, 1983...make sure Mary doesn’t wake up that night and go into the nursery…”

But, I had to stop, I couldn’t help it. I rushed out of that room as Will followed me quickly and we walked into the room where Mary and Dean were. I faced her. “You have to leave John” I said to her

“What?” she looked at me like I was crazy.

I looked back at Will. “And you have to leave Kathrine”

They all just gave me strange looks but I held my ground. This was the only solution. “She’s right. It wont be enough to just run away with us…the demon will find them both…it’ll find me and Brittney, no matter what” Sam said as him and Brit came walking in.

“And when all of this is over, you both walk away in separate directions and never look back” Brit added. “So, we’re never born” Dean finished, catching on.

“I can't. You're saying that you're our children, and now you're saying…”

“You have no other choice. There’s a big difference between dying and never being born…” Dean started. “And trust me, I promise you both that we’re all okay with that” I assured them.

“We’ll we’re not…” Will said, still in shock. “And for us to go our separate ways? We’ve been best friends forever…never separated…” Mary said.

“Which is why you have to stop the cycle now…and you have to make sure that Gabriel and Vince get out of this safely because they’re only part of this because of us…” I explained.

“You think you can have that normal life that you both want so bad, but you can't. I'm sorry. It's all gonna go rotten. You are both gonna die, and your children will be cursed” Sam said.

“There…there has to be a way”

“No, this is the way. Leave John”

“I can't”

“This is bigger than us. There are so many more lives at stake…”

“You don't understand. I can't. It's too late. I'm...I'm pregnant” she admitted

We all stared at her in shock. Then, I walked up to Will. “You can still get out of this. We both can. Did Kathrine have a miscarriage yet?” I asked.

“She had one the other night…” he said slowly.

“And Dean is a year older than me…you still have time…maybe if one of us is able to get away, then it might screw up the plan” I said and this time I addressed Dean, Sam and Brittney.

“No. it wont work” Dean shook his head, sternly. “You’re just saying that, though” I said and looked at Sam and Brittney. So did he.

Tell her that it wont work” he said to them.

“We would say that for pure selfish reasons…cause we know that if it did work, none of us would be the same if we had to go back to the future without you, Mel…” Sam started.

“But, the truth is…we don’t know for sure” Brit finished.

“No…you’re all crazy! It wont work” Dean stressed as he stared into my eyes. I just stared back into his eyes.

“Hey, guys uhh…we have a problem” Kathrine said as her, John, Gabriel and Vince came in to us. “The blood sigil thingies are gone”

“Gone as in…” Sam asked her to elaborate.

“I drew one on the back of the door. I turned around. And when I looked back again, it was a smudge” John explained. Dean went to go check it out. “He’s right” he said to us.

“There's no more holy oil” Mary said, feeling the floor.

Then…there was that angel high pitch tone that filled the air as the windows shattered and we all covered our ears. Then, there was a young-looking black man standing in front of us.

“Who the hell are you?” Dean snapped. “I’m Uriel” he answered. “Oh come on! Seriously?” I grunted.

“Here goes nothing” Dean grunted as Sam and Brittney went to usher the others out.

Dean and I went to lunge at Uriel but I got blocked…by Adam. I noticed Anna was blocking the exit, so no one could get out. Dean spun to attack Adam but Uriel got to him first. “Adam” I breathed out. “Come on, Adam, you don’t want to do this” I tried.

“No, I don’t want to…but it has to be done, Melissa”

I saw how everyone was being thrown in all directions but all I could do was focus on Adam in front of me…and then Brit was sneaking up behind Adam with the angel-killing knife.

“Come on, Adam…this is what you were going to warn me about…Anna's your sister but it doesn’t mean you have to be on her side for this”

“No…I don’t have to agree with it…but I certainly have to be on her side for it…she’s my sister, you of all people should understand…”

I just stared into his eyes and I saw how Will and John got thrown threw the window by Anna as Brit lunged at Adam with the knife. But, in one swift motion…he ripped a pipe out of the wall and stabbed her with it. She fell to the floor with blood spewing out of her stomach and it started to come from her mouth.

“No!” I shrieked. “You son of a bitch!” I grunted and tackled Adam down as the knife went spinning across the floor. I started to just swing punches at him.

“Sammy!” I heard Dean yell.

I spun and saw Anna had stabbed Sam as well and he fell to the floor too. “Sam!” I cried out.

Then, Adam swung at me so I fell to the side. I could tell it wasn’t his hardest punch. “I’m so sorry, Melissa” he whispered to me as he stood to his feet and walked over to Anna as they hovered over Kathrine, Gabriel and Mary. Mary was the only one who was conscious.

But, then John and Will walked through the doorway. “Anna. Adam” Will spoke, sternly.

But…I could tell it wasn’t really John and Will…. “Michael” Anna and Adam both spoke.

I got to Dean and his injuries were worse than mine so I helped him to his feet. John and Will both walked forward, placed a single hand on their chests and then…blue flames were coming out of their mouths and their eyes as they both screamed bloody murder while they were bursting into flames. They fell to ashes.

“Michael…I didn't know” Uriel said and I could hear the panic in his voice. “Goodbye, Uriel” Will…Michael said and then nodded so John snapped his fingers on command and Uriel disappeared.

Michael approached Mary as she was sobbing a little asking what happened to John and Will…Michael responded gently and then touched her forehead so she became limp. He straightened his posture and faced me and Dean.

“Well, I'd say this conversation is long overdue, wouldn't you two?”

“Fix them” we demanded.

“First we talk. Then I fix your darling little Sammy and Brit” he replied. “How'd you get in my dad, anyway…and how are you able to control John?” I asked.

“I told him I could save his wife…and I told your father I could save his and his daughter…so they said yes”

“I guess they oversold me being your one and only vessel” Dean said. “And when they told me I’m your one and only weapon” I added.

“You're my true vessel and weapon but not my only ones”

“What is that supposed to mean?” Dean asked.

“It's a bloodline”

“A bloodline?”

“Stretching back to Cain and Abel. It's in your blood, both of your father's blood, your family's blood”

“If Dean’s supposed to be your vessel then why are you in my dad, if it’s a blood line thing?” I asked.

“Originally it was supposed to be you…it was always supposed to be you…but this is the first time that everything actually fit’s the story to what happened way back when…so we felt it would be necessary to have the Winchester be the vessel this time around”

“Well…we aint saying yes, so why are you here? What do you want with us?” Dean snapped.

“I just want you both to understand what the three of us have to do”

“Oh, I get it. You got beef with your brother. Well, get some therapy, pal. Don't take it out on our planet!”

“You're wrong. Lucifer defied our father, and he betrayed me. But still...I don't want this any more than you would want to kill Sam or Brittney. You know, my brother…I practically raised him. I took care of him in a way most people could never understand, and I still love him. But I am going to kill him because it is right and I have to”

“Oh, because God says so?” I narrowed my eyes.

“Yes. From the beginning, he knew this was how it was going to end”

“And you're just gonna do whatever God says”

“Yes, because I am a good son”

“Okay, well, trust me, pal. Take it from someone who knows…that is a dead-end street” Dean said.

“And you think you know better than my father? One unimportant little man. What makes you think you get to choose?”

“Because I got to believe that I can choose what I do with my…unimportant little life” he mocked a little.

“You're wrong. You know how I know? Think of a million random acts of chance that let John and Mary be born, to meet, to fall in love, to have the two of you. The million acts of chance that let Will and Kathrine meet, get impregnated by a demon, have a miscarriage then have you…and same for Brittney’s parents…”

I felt myself feel lower and lower with every word he said. “Think of the million random choices that you two make, and yet how each and every one of them brings you closer to your destiny. Do you know why that is? Because it's not random. It's not chance. It's a plan that is playing itself out perfectly. Free will's an illusion, Dean and Melissa. That's why you're both going to say yes”

I’ve hit rock bottom…how could free will be just an illusion? Could our lives really just be a game of chess with every single move planed out already? “Oh, buck up. It could be worse. You know, unlike my brothers, I won't leave Melissa needing…more therapy than she already needs…and I wont leave her needing to clean up after a drooling mess when I'm done wearing and using you both” he said.

I really wanted to defend myself since I so just got dissed by a freakin angel, but I never got the chance. "No, you just plan on killing her off like nothing" Dean snapped.

"Only if necissary"

“Well, what about our dads?” I changed the subject.

“Better than new. In fact, I'm gonna do your mom and your dad a favor…I’m going to scrub their minds. They won't remember me or you two”

“You can't do that” Dean narrowed his eyes.

“I'm just giving your mother and father what they want. They can go back to being one big happy family…”

“She’s going to walk right into that nursery!” Dean cried out by kept his tears in.

“Obviously. And you always knew that was going to play out one way or another. You can't fight City Hall” he said and walked over to Sam and Brittney.

He bent down, touched them and they vanished from their spots. “They’re home, safe and sound. Your turns. Melissa, Dean…I'll see you soon” he said, touched our foreheads and we were back in our motel room in 2010.

~~~~

We were all silent…kind of avoiding each others eyes while we were taking out glasses and pulling out some whiskey. I felt a presence…and it was a bit weak but when I turned around, I saw Cas popped in.

“Cas!” I said with relief as I rushed to his side to keep him from falling.

The others rushed to me. “Whoa there. Hey, we got you” Dean said as he helped me hold him up. “You son of a bitch. You made it” he added.

“I did…I'm very surprised” he said and then just passed out and went limp in our arms.

We carried him over to one of the beds and laid him down so he could rest. “Well, I could use that drink now” Brit spoke. “Yea” we all agreed.

We all walked back to the whiskey and Dean poured us all glasses. “Well...this is it” he said. “This is what?” Sam asked.

“Team Free Will. Two ex-blood junkies, one demonized dropout, one dropout with six bucks to his name, and Mr. Comatose over there. It's awesome” Dean quipped slightly…but he was completely serious. He drank.

“That’s not funny” Sam said.

“I'm not laughing”

“They all say we'll say yes”

“Yea, it’s kind of getting annoying” I said and downed mine.

“What if they're right?” Brit asked.

“They're not”

“I mean, why would we, any of us? But...we've been weak before” Sam spoke. “Sam…” Dean tried. “Michael got both of our dads to say yes” Sam reminded us.

“That was different” I told him. “Anna and Adam were about to kill our moms” Dean added. “And if you could save mom...what would you say?” Sam asked him.

He didn’t respond though. We all knew what the answer would be…if that came down to it and if we could save any one of our loved ones by saying yes…we would say yes in a heart beat.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333