‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

My Heaven Inside Heaven

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
Zombies. That’s what we dealt with next. At first, we were kind of on a wild goose chase because Bobby was telling us there was nothing for us to do when this was happening five miles from his house. He was trying to hide this from us because we weren’t dealing with just any zombies…they were loved ones. We met Bobby’s dead wife…and she made amazing pie…and she was the sweetest thing ever…she was good for Bobby…but she was still supposed to be dead…Bobby just wouldn’t listen though. He begged us to just leave this all alone…but we just couldn’t do that. So, we had to deal with him threatening to shoot us and with the walking dead. Dean and I fell for her pie though…and while she was generously baking more for us, she explained how she remembered everything when she died. She remembered how the demon took over her body…the things she was forced to do…how Bobby had killed her. She knew he had no choice…and she could see the guilt and pain on Bobby’s face. Her knowing all of this…led to me and Dean.

Flashback

“So why don’t you just tell him you remember?” Dean asked.

She smiled a genuine smile at him. “I’m gonna go out on a limb here and say…you’ve never been in love,” she said but then eyed me with the same smile.

I wrapped my arms around my stomach as I shifted in my spot, trying to make myself feel invisible. I saw Dean’s eyes go to me and he brought them up to look into my eyes. I noticed her eyes went between us and she began to smile.

"Or maybe you have..."

“Yea…once…”

“Then, it’s about how you don’t know what makes love…you don’t want anything to ever happen to the one you love. You’d do anything to keep them safe from any kind of pain…” she explained.

He didn’t respond right away, he just kept staring at me. “I think I know what you mean, now…” he murmured.


End Flashback

Dean has been the only one who sees me at my worst lately. If it isn’t obvious already…I’ll admit it…I love him. I do. He doesn’t have to say it, I know he implies that he would never want anything bad to happen to me…but sometimes he forgets that I wouldn’t want anything bad to happen to him either….

But, anyway, when things started to get really out of hand and the zombies started eating people alive, Sam and Brit went to get the sheriff and anyone else who has had a loved one come back while Dean and I rushed into Bobby’s house. We found Bobby had shot Karen. You have no idea how terrible I was feeling for Bobby at that moment and we told him he could sit this one out…but he wouldn’t have it. When we tried fighting off the zombies outside…it just seemed to bring more so we all went back inside and ended up locking ourselves in a closet with the zombies banging on the door, trying to eat our brains out. I don’t think Dean ever gets tired of being wrong though because right when he spoke up about ‘zombies are idiots and cant pick a lock’…they picked the lock and came after us. But, Sam, Brit and the sheriff showed up just in time to save our asses.

In the end, Bobby burned Karen’s body…but how many times did he have to kill his poor wife? He told us why Death, the horseman, had caused all of this. He wanted Karen to give Bobby a message since hes been helping us. They want him out of the way. I don’t know what would happen if we lost Bobby though. I would definitely go crazy…but really none of us know what each others state of mind is like…and maybe I’m nervous and annoyed at the fact that we’re keeping things from each other. But, it’s not like I can call anyone out on keeping secrets…God knows I’ve had my fair share. Then, there’s Brittney who has still barely even given me the time of day. Ever since the thing with Famine…it’s like I’m disgusting for her to look at or something, let alone talk to.

But, whatever, I guess. Right now, I was enjoying Dean’s scent as I slept quietly beside him. The smell of beer kind of filled our room but I just focused on his smell. I opened my eyes to just stare at him for a bit…but then I realized there were two different sets of breathing…and they didn’t belong to Sam or Brittney. I shot up in my spot to see two guys in ski masks, holding shotguns. One was pointed at me and the other was pointed at Sam and Brittney who were already sitting up in their bed. Then, Dean went to reach under his pillow for his gun.

“Looking for this?” one of the masked guys said as he held up Dean’s gun and disarmed it.

“Morning” Dean commented as he sat up. “Did we ask for a wake up call?” I quipped. “Shut up. Both of you. Hands where I can see them” the guy demanded.

Dean looked hard at the man in front of us. “Wait a minute. Is that you, Roy?…it is, isn’t it? Which makes you Walt” Dean said. “Yea, you would know these guys” I rolled my eyes as the men pulled off their masks.

I narrowed my eyes at them. “Hey, wait, didn’t my dad help you two out with some kind of Wendigo case? Huh. A level 2 monster and you guys couldn’t even find the damn thing without my dad” I teased a little.

Walt tensed up, getting ready to shoot me, but Roy calmed him down a little. “You two seem a tad upset” Dean said.

“You think you can flip the switch on the apocalypse and just walk away from it?” Walt asked Brit and Sam, rhetorically. “Who told you that?” Brit asked.

“We ain’t the only hunters after you…see you in the next life” he said and cocked his gun. “Hear me out. I can explain, okay?” Sam said quickly.

Walt and Roy exchanged a look but then in the blink of an eye, Walt just shot Sam and Brittney! Just like that.

“Stay the hell down!” Roy ordered and I didn’t even notice that I tried to move for Sam and Brit but Dean was holding me down in my spot.

I froze and looked up at the two men and stared them down. “Shoot them”

“Killing Sam and Brittney was right but Dean and Melissa…” Roy started, unsure of himself.

“Melissa is more powerful than anything, she has a lot to do with this situation we’re in and we just snuffed their siblings, you wanna spend the rest of your life knowing Dean Winchester and Melissa Stern are on your ass?”

Roy still hesitated. “We’re killing Melissa either way…so now think about having Dean Winchester on your ass for killing his girlfriend too” Walt added.

“Yea, Roy, come on. Shoot me. But you should know that when I come back, I’m going to be super pissed” I hissed and then stood up.

But as soon as I took one step forward, shots were fired. I heard Dean yell out for me but everything went fuzzy as I felt my body fly back into something hard as I fell to the floor. That hurt like a mother fucker.

~~~~~~

Third Person

When Dean woke up, he was sitting in the Impala with the song Knockin On heaven’s Door playing on the radio. It was dark outside as he stepped out and heard the trunk slam down. He spun to see a younger version of Sam standing there holding a bunch of fireworks.

“Sammy?” he breathed out. “Come on, lets go! The girls are waiting for us!” Sam cheered and took off running. “Weird dream” Dean commented but followed.

They reached an open field where a younger version of Brittney was sitting, she was Sam’s age. She shot up with a big grin. “We gonna do this?” she asked, excitedly.

“Yea! Got your lighter?” Sam asked Dean.

“I got it. You must have dropped it” a fourth voice said.

Dean turned his head to see a teenage Melissa heading over to them. She handed him the lighter and wrapped an arm around his waist. He instinctively put his arm around her shoulders.

“Wow, I haven’t seen this in years!” he admired his lighter. “Fire ‘em up,” Sam and Brit said, excitedly.

Melissa took out her lighter as well so she and Dean started lighting the fireworks and they started to shoot to the sky as they all watched in awe. “I remember this! It’s the 4th of July, 1996!” Dean claimed, happily.

“Dad would never let us do anything like this. Thanks Dean. This is great” Sam said and hugged Dean.

“Yea, Dean, this was a fantastic idea” Brit grinned and got in on the hug. “I agree” Melissa nodded and kissed his cheek.

Then, they continued to watch the fireworks as Dean had a huge grin on…and suddenly, Dean remembered the gunshots and getting shot…and in the blink of an eye, Sam, Brittney and Melissa were gone.

My POV

I shot my eyes open as some shock went through me…but I calmed down a little when I saw I was in my truck. I jumped a little, though, when there was a slight bang on the side door and a teenage-looking Dean jumped up to poke his head through the window and he kissed me.

“You coming?” he asked and then opened the door for me to get out.

Dean took my hand and just led me to a spot in a field. I could tell it was close to home because I recognized my surroundings. Without any words at all, we just laid down on the grass to stare up at the stars. I felt his eyes continue to look over at me so I finally looked back at him and I felt myself leaning in as he was doing the same. His lips crashed into mine and after a few seconds, he pulled away and just stared into my eyes.

“I love you” he whispered.

This was only a few days after he first said that to me. I shut my eyes again to just remember the feeling…but when I re-opened them, he was gone.

I sighed as I stood up and went back to the truck and the radio turned on by itself. “Melissa!” a voice yelled. “Cas? Is that you?” I asked.

“Yea, it’s me…”

“You seriously need to find a new hobby or something. I need some me time in my dreams”

“You have to listen to me. This isn’t a dream”

“Then, what is it, exactly?”

“You know, deep down”

I took a second…and then I felt a jolt pass through me as I remembered the gun shots and the pain I felt…I was dead.

“I’m dead” I said aloud.

“Condolences”

“So, where am I?”

“Heaven”

“Heaven? How did I get to Heaven?”

“Please just listen. This spell…this connection…it’s difficult to maintain”

“Hold on, if I’m in heaven, where are Dean, Brit and Sam?”

“What do you see? Is there a tunnel or a river…?” he asked, instead.

“I’m in my truck, sitting on the side of the road…”

“Okay, so for you, it’s a road. If you follow the road, you will meet up with Dean and Brittney and you will find Sam…”

But, then the radio went dead and Cas wasn’t there anymore. I let out an airy breath. “Okay…lets go, I guess” I said and started up the truck.

I started to head down the road as I occasionally glanced over at the skinny river that flowed beside the road, sort of in the woods.

I looked up ahead and saw Dean and Brittney in the Impala, sitting there. I pulled up next to them and rolled down the window as Brit did the same so I could see both of them as I looked down.

“Cas get to you?” I asked.

“Yea…found this one skydiving with you…a younger you…” Dean said.

“I remember that”

You went skydiving?” he asked, incredulous. “Yea…” I smiled a little.

So did Brit…but it was for a split second. “We’ll have time for questions and explanations later. We have to get Sam” she said. We just nodded and started driving down the road again.

We came to a big house. We all got out and walked into the house, cautiously. We saw Sam sitting at a dinner table with a small family and a girl beside him who looked about ten. We all watched in amusement until he looked up at us in shock and asked us what we were doing in his dream. We explained how this was Heaven though.

“Okay, how are we in Heaven?” Brit wondered. “All that clean living I guess,” Dean joked.

“No, really, like you and Mel, is understandable…but us? If you don’t remember, we kind of did a few things…” Sam said, gesturing to him and Brit.

“You guys thought you were doing the right thing, though” I reminded them.

“Last I checked, it wasn’t the road to Heaven that was paved with good intentions”

“Yeah well…if this is the sky mall, it sucks. I mean where’s the triplets in the latex, you know? Come on, a guy has needs,” Dean said. I rolled my eyes.

“Coming from the guy who was re-living a special moment he was having with a special someone” Brit crossed her arms and used her eyes to gesture.

I felt a smirk start to form on my face but I did my best to push it away. “You know, when you bite dust, they say your life flashes before your eyes.” Sam glanced at the family at the dinner table, still talking to Sam even though he wasn’t really there.

“Your point?” Dean asked.

“This house…it’s one of my memories,”

“When I woke up, I woke up in one of my memories. The 4th of July that we burned down that field?”

“And I was skydiving with Melissa. It was one of the best feelings in the world” Brit added.

They looked at me. “Yea, I was reliving something special too” I shrugged, wrapping my arms around my stomach. They all eyed me.

“Maybe Heaven is a place where you re-live your greatest hits” I suggested, moving the topic along.

“Wait so, playing footsie with brace-face in there, that’s a trophy moment for you?” Dean asked Sam.

“Dean, I was eleven years old. This was my first real Thanksgiving.”

“What’re you talking about? We had Thanksgiving every year”

“We had a bucket of extra crispy and Dad passed out on the couch”

“And us skydiving was a prize moment for you?” I asked Brit.

“Well, I only did it because you convinced me to go out of my comfort zone…and even though you hated heights, you still did that with me and that alone meant a lot to me…it was the first time I ever really felt myself start to be more crazy and outgoing…” she explained.

I just stared at her as she just stared at me and the boys just stared at us…I felt myself going soft and almost start to cry…but then the whole house started to shake and the lights turned off.

“What the hell?” I muttered.

I looked around and saw the family was un-phased, still eating at the table. “I don’t remember this” Sam looked around. “Umm maybe we should…” Brit started. “Yea” Dean said as we all read her mind.

We got down behind some furniture and Sam and Brit were pressed up against two different walls as a bright, white spot light came shining through the window. It seemed pretty determined to find whatever it was looking for as we avoided it shining on us. When it finally disappeared, we all stood up again, everything stopped shaking and the lights went back on.

“What the hell was that?” Sam asked aloud. “I don’t know but we are taking the escalator back downstairs” I said, matter of factly as I started to mess with the radio to try and find a station in order to find Cas again.

I felt Sam and Brit giving me weird looks but Dean was the one that got to my side to yell Cas’ name into the radio. “What are you doing?” Sam asked. “What does it look like?” I snapped lightly.

“Like you’ve both lost your minds”

“Last time, Cas came through and talked to me using the radio…” Dean said and I nodded. “Cas!” I yelled again.

“I can hear you” his voice came through. But, it didn’t come from the radio. We spun around to see he was on the TV.

“Cas, hey, so I found Dean and Brittney and then we found Sam…but something weird just happened, there was this weird beam of light…” I started. “Don’t go into the light” he said, quickly.

“Okay, thanks Carol Anne. What was it?” Dean quipped.

“Not what…who. Zachariah. He’s searching for you”

“And if he finds us?” Sam asked.

“You can’t say yes to Michael and Lucifer if you’re dead. So Zachariah needs to return you to your bodies”

“Great! Problem solved!”

“No, you don’t understand. You’re behind the wall. This is a rare opportunity”

“For what?” Brit asked.

“You need to find an angel. His name is Joshua”

“Hey man, no offense, but we are kinda ass-full of angels, okay? You find him,” I said, crossing my arms.

“I can’t…I can’t return to Heaven”

“So, what’s so important about Joshua?” Sam asked.

“The rumor is, he talks to God”

“And? So?” Dean asked.

“You think maybe, just maybe, we should find out what the hell God has been saying?” Cas snapped.

“Jeez, touchy”

“Please. I just need you to follow the road”

“What road?”

“People see different things, for you, it’s asphalt. The road will take you through Heaven and it will lead to the garden where Joshua is and Joshua can take us to God…the garden…please hurry…” was all we got from him before the TV went dead.

We all looked at each other. “So, what do you think?” Brit asked us. “I think we hit the yellow bricks, find this Joshua cat,” Dean replied.

“Really?” Sam inquired. “What, you don’t?” I asked.

“No, I’m just surprised you guys do”

“Yea, last I checked, you both wanna break God’s nose. Now you think he can help?” Brit added. “He’s the only one who can,” I replied.

“I mean come on. We are royally boned. So prayer? The last hope of a desperate man” Dean added and we all just headed outside.

But, it was different from when we were outside before. There was a forest in front of us…no road. “Wasn’t there a street out here?” Brit questioned. “There was” Dean said.

“God damn it” I cursed and stormed back inside. “Ya know, I don’t think it’s a very good idea to use his name in vein up here, Mel” Sam said.

I ignored him. I was just getting annoyed now. I started to fling doors open left and right. “What are you doing?” Brit asked.

“I’m looking for a damn road” I said and there was venom in my voice but it wasn’t necessarily aimed at her. “You think a road will be in a closet?” Sam asked, incredulously, narrowing her eyes at me.

“We’re in Heaven, guys. Our memories are coming true, Cas is on TV…” Dean said. “Finding a road in a closet would be pretty much the most normal thing that happened to us today…” I started but stopped when I opened a closet door and looked down at a toy racetrack on the floor.

“You find something?” Sam asked as I crouched down to analyze the toy and they all came over to me. “I used to have one of these…when I was a kid” Dean said and placed one of the cars on the track.

He pushed a button on the remote control and the car started to go around the track. But, when I looked up again, we weren’t in the closet anymore. We were in a room that looked like it belonged to a four year old.

“That was the road?” Sam asked, unsure. “I guess…kinda trippy” Dean commented.

We all stood back on our feet. “Umm yea, more trippy…apparently you wuv hugs” I teased as I saw he was now wearing a shirt with a teddy bear on the front and it said ‘I Wuv Hugs’.

“Shut up,” he said to me but then he got a better look of the room as we all just looked around. “Wait a minute, I know where we are…”

“Where?”

“We’re home”

“Dean?” a different voice called.

It sounded too familiar…. We all turned to see Mary lean against the door frame. “Hey, Dean, you hungry?” she asked. We all stared in shock.

Dean went first to follow Mary out and we all followed as well. He sat down at a table as Mary poured him a glass of milk and he stared at her in awe. “You want the crust cut off?” she smiled down at him.

“Yeah, I’d love that,” Dean said and she walked back into the kitchen as we all watched her.

“Mom?” Sam spoke up. She didn’t even look up. “Guess it’s not your memory, Sam, sorry,” Dean said but was distracted by Mary as she walked back over to Dean.

We all stayed silent for a moment. “Dean, uh…we should go…keep lookin for the word…” Brittney started.

I saw how her eyes were twitching to Sam. She was trying to help his hurt since Mary couldn’t see him. “I know…just give me a minute, okay?”

“Dean…” Sam started.

“Sam, please. One minute,” Dean said quickly and continued to stare up at Mary as she stroked his hair with her hand. I guess I see why he likes it when I do the same thing.

“Knock, knock!” a little girls voice called out.

We all turned our heads to see a little version of me come running in. I was wearing shorts and a little T-shirt with hearts on it while I had pig tails in my hair and I was carrying a little Barbie doll. We all stepped to the side as she ran right up to Mary and Dean.

“Hey, Melissa, would you like a sandwich?” Mary asked. “As long as it isn’t peanut butter. I’m allergic” I sang as I sat in the seat, across from Dean.

Mary laughed. “Yes, I know” she walked back toward the kitchen.

“What are you staring at?” she…I…asked Dean.

But, Dean didn’t respond, we just stared at her as she shrugged. “I don’t know. I heard its what all girls have…I don’t like it though…” she made a face at the doll. Then, she laughed. “Yea!” she cheered and then giggled.

“I remember this…” I murmured. “You suggested that we should take her apart and shoot the pieces into Stacy Durango’s house since she was the one who was making fun of me for not having a Barbie” I laughed at the memory. So did he.

Then, he lightened up. “Do you remember what happened next?” he asked and nodded his head in a direction.

I spun to see my dad come walking through the door. “Mary?” he called out.

But, when he came walking over to us, he placed a hand on my little head, ruffling my hair a bit as he high-fived Dean and walked over to Mary who was now on the phone.

The little version of me and Dean sat quietly and watched. “No, John. We’re not having this conversation again…time to think about what? You have two boys at home…”

“I remember this too…Mom and Dad were fighting, and then he moved out for a couple of days” Dean said. “Dad always said they had the perfect marriage,” Sam noted.

“Wasn’t perfect until after she died”

“Fine…then don’t. There’s nothing more to talk about” she finished and then slammed the phone down.

We all watched as dad took her into her arms, hugging her tight. “What happens next?” Brit asked, gently.

Without a word, Dean stood up and walked over to them with little me following. Dad let go so they could look down at us. Dean hugged her. “It’s okay, Mom. Dad still loves you. I love you too. I’ll never leave you” he said to her.

“Me too, Mary” mini me added and got in on the hug. Dad smiled at us. She smiled too and hugged us both tightly. “You’re my little angels….how about some pie” she suggested and Dean came back over to us as we were all staring at him.

“What?” he snapped lightly. “I just never realized how long you’ve been cleaning up dad’s messes” Sam said.

“…well I never realized how long you’ve actually, really been at my side…” Dean said to me. “…helping clean up the messes…” Brit added subconsciously.

“Whatever…come on, lets just keep moving” I said and we started to walk through the house to try and find a way out.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333