‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Your Bloodline Decides Everything

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
So, we aren’t the only ones anymore who know about the apocalypse. Word spreads fast because a whole town were working together against demons and preparing for post-apocalypse. There was this girl who claimed to be a prophet, guiding the townspeople to paradise…but when Cas showed up drunk, he informed us that she wasn’t a prophet, she was just taking the place of a girl that she most likely killed months before. The girl was also the towns priests daughter. Honestly, I stopped caring…caring about the apocalypse, I mean…but it didn’t stop me from wanting to kill the Whore…that’s really what she was called. A Whore’s job is to lead people to Hell, not to Heaven.

So, after Dean and I took care of Cas and got him sober again, we all went out and killed her. The only way to do it was for a devoted servant of god to stake her in the heart so the plan was to get the father to do it…but it ended up being Dean to kill her…and that’s when I finally knew his thoughts and I knew what we were going to do. It wasn’t just him and it wasn’t just me…it was we. Anything he was going to go through, I was going to be there, too…and I knew it was vise versa.

When the job was done, we brought the priest back to the motel with us and I told everyone I needed some air. I walked out and Dean followed.

We took the truck. I drove and we were in silence for a bit. “I want to make sure you’re alright after all of this” I finally said.

“What do you mean? Where do you think you’re going?”

“Dean…we have to be realistic about this…I’m most likely not going to make it to the after math”

“Melissa, I’m not going to survive without you”

“We’re going to make sure Abbey, Chris and Jesse are going to be safe through out all of this and afterwards…and then you contact them, have a life with Jesse, forget all about this life and everything we all were put through” I said, ignoring him.

“Mel, when I see myself living a normal life. I see me and you living together. The two of us and Jesse. There’s nothing else I’d rather do and there’s nowhere else I’d rather be”

I was silent for a few moments. “Will you do something with me?” I asked, glancing at him.

I saw he lightened up slightly and he nodded. I pulled up to a bank’s drive through, got into my dads account and took out some money. “We’re going to go buy a house” was all I said and sped off.

It may have been on impulse, thinking about the safety and security of Dean, Jesse, Abbey and Chris…or it may have just been me going crazy.

But, it’s what we did. I made a call and the guy said he would meet us right there on the spot once I told him how much of a down payment I would give him. It was a really nice house. Big too. It would be perfect for Dean, Jesse, Abbey and Chris…or at least Dean and Jesse.

We got to a motel and booked a room. We got there and started to pack away some things. I called Abbey. “Mel?” she answered, tiredly.

“Hey…sorry I’m calling so late” I murmured, struggling to even find my voice. “I would go see you in person but we’re pretty far off from heading to you…”

“Mel, what’s wrong? Is everything okay?” she interrupted.

“Yea…yea everything’s fine. Umm…I just wanted to let you know I transferred all of dads money into your account…”

“That’s a lot of money, Mel” she laughed lightly.

“I know, but…”

“Wait…why would you do that? What’s going on”

“Nothing! Would you just let me finish, please” I snapped slightly. I saw Dean looked up at me with concerned eyes.

“Sorry, continue”

“Umm…I cant tell you what exactly is going on but I’m telling you that it’s going to get pretty bad. Like, worse than my usual kind of bad…the next few days, all the crap that you might see or hear about on TV or from family…it’s going to be scary. But, I don’t want you to worry about it. I’m going to make arrangements and make sure you, Chris and Jesse are safe. Whatever happens, you’re going to be okay”

“Mel, I don’t understand…”

“Just…trust me okay. The people that Dean and I are going to go see wont get anything from us unless they agree to some conditions”

“Mel, whatever you’re talking about doing…don’t do it. You’re making me nervous”

“I’m sorry…I just had to let you know that I’m going to have it all under control and you don’t have to worry”

“You sound like you’re the older sibling here” she said, lightly.

“Yea, well, I was always the more mature one…I love you Abs…I’ll try to call you again, soon…” I said but it was a lie.

“Okay…I love you too, Mel. I’m trusting that you know what you’re doing…”

“I cant guarantee I know for sure…but all I’m asking for is for you to just trust me”

“Well, you got it”

“Thank you, give Jesse a kiss for me…me and Dean…”

“I will”

“Bye Abbey”

“See you later…”

I hung up quickly and I felt my chest ache as my stomach churned. But, I pushed away the tears and the pain I was feeling as I spun back around to look at Dean and I walked over to him and the two boxes on the bed. We both took off our bracelets that we had bought together at the flee market when we went on our first and last date and we placed them both into my box. Then, I took off my heart locket necklace that he given to me for Christmas. I just held it in my hand as I stared down at it.

“Can you… " He paused. "Maybe you should keep that one on” he said. He just stared at me…then he looked away, looking down.

I felt like I was falling…spiraling…my legs felt like jell-o so I just sat down on the floor, feeling the comfort of the ground under me, making sure I wasn’t literally falling. Dean sat down in front of me but didn’t say anything as he reached up to grab the bottle of whiskey off the table and took a swig of it. He handed it to me and I did the same. We sat there, facing each other, in silence for a few moments.

“Sending someone a candy-gram?” a voice asked.

We looked over to see Brittney and Sam standing in the doorway. We stood up and stared at them in slight shock but didnt show it too much. “How’d you find us?” I asked but I really didn’t care.

“You’re going to kill yourselves, right? It’s not too hard to figure out the stops on the Farewell Tour. I checked your account and saw you put all your money into Abbey’s account. How is she anyway?” Brit said.

“Yea and Lisa? Did you go see here too? She doing well?” Sam added. “We’re not going to kill ourselves” Dean said.

“No? So Michael’s not about to make you both his Muppets? What the hell, guys? This is how it ends? You two just…walk out?” Sam questioned. “I guess” I shrugged.

“How could you do that?”

“How could we? All you’ve ever done is run away” Dean snapped slightly. “And he isn’t the only one, Brittney” I added lightly.

“And we were wrong. Every single time we did…and you know better, Mel. Your dad didn’t teach you to just run away” Brit said.

I spun around to face her. “Don’t bring my father into this” I hissed.

Sam stepped forward in defense for both of them as if I would attack her right then and there…I probably would’ve. But, she got Sam to know that she didn’t need protection…and I wanted to say I was proud of her for finally just speaking up, legitly…but right now, I couldn’t.

“Just…please. Not now. Bobby’s working on something” Sam said. “Oh, really? What?” Dean asked, sarcastically. They didn’t reply.

“You guys got nothing and you know it” I murmured.

“You know we have to stop you”

“Yeah, well, you can try. Just remember: you’re not all hopped up on demon blood this time” Dean said. “Yea, we know. But, we brought help” Brit said.

I started to feel a presence…it was Cas. We turned around to see him standing there and before I could anticipate his motion, he touched my forehead and Dean’s forehead and used his crazy angel mojo to knock us out cold.

~~~~~~~~~~~

It was morning and we were at Bobby’s now and I was pacing slightly while we were all in his study and Bobby was behind his desk, flipping through some pages.

“Yeah, no, this is good. Really. You know, eight months of turned pages and screwed pooches but tonight...tonight’s when the magic happens” I said, sarcastically.

“You ain’t helping” Bobby sighed, shutting the book. “Yeah, well, why don’t you let us get out of your hair, then?” Dean questioned.

“What the hell happened to you two?

“Reality happened” I snapped slightly. “Nuclear’s the only option we have left. Michael can ice the devil, save a boatload of people” Dean added.

“But not all of them. We gotta think of something else.

“Yeah, well, that’s easy for you to say. But if Lucifer burns this mother down, and we coulda done something about it, guess what? That’s on us” Dean snapped, gesturing to me and him.

“You can’t give up, son” he replied, gently.

“You’re not my father” Dean said, suddenly. My eyes even widened at that. I could see the hurt on Bobby’s face. “And you ain’t in my shoes”

Then, there was a very hard, kind of awkward silence. Bobby pulled out a gun as we all watched him set it on the desk. Then, he pulled out a long, silver bullet, holding it up to his face.

“What is that?”

“That’s the round that I mean to put through my skull” he said and set it down, next to the gun. "Every morning, I look at it. I think, ‘Maybe today’s the day I flip the lights out.’ But I don’t do it. I never do it. You know why? Because I promised you I wouldn’t give up!” he yelled, sending daggers at Dean.

But, he also sent them my way. Then, there was silence…and this silence was more dangerous.

All of a sudden, Cas hunched over slightly as he gripped his head in pain. “Cas, you alright?” Brit asked. “No” he grunted. “What’s wrong?” Sam asked.

“Something’s happening”

“Where?” Dean asked. But, he didn’t respond, he just disappeared as some wind threw a few papers around the room.

While we waited to hear something back from Cas, the anticipation was making me pretty restless. None of us spoke to one another. Sam was in the kitchen, reading a book while Dean paced a few steps in the kitchen and Brit and I were leaning on opposite sides of the doorway. I felt her eyes go to me so I looked up and my eyes went to her as well. She opened her mouth to say something…but then I felt Cas coming back. I whipped my head around to look into Bobby’s study and there was Cas, holding up a body.

“Guys” I said and we all rushed over to them as Bobby rolled over to us.

Cas laid the body down on the cot and we all got a good look at the body that was covered in dirt and mud. “Holy crap” Brit and I both muttered.

“Who is it?” Bobby asked.

“That’s our brother” Sam said and we all just looked at him in shock.

“Wait a minute. Your brother? Adam?”

“Cas, what the hell?” I asked.

“Angels” he answered. “Angels? Why?” Brit asked. “I don’t know. But, I know one thing for sure. We need to hide him now” he said and then placed a hand on Adam’s chest.

We all watched as Cas branded Adam but the shock and slight pain woke him up and he shot up in his spot. “Where am I?”

“It's okay. Just relax, you're safe” Sam said.

“Who the hell are you?” he demanded.

“You're going to find this a little...a lot crazy, but we're actually your brothers” Dean said, gesturing to him and Sam.

“It's the truth. John Winchester was our father, too. See, I'm Sam…”

“Yeah, and I'm sure that's Dean…and Melissa and Brittney…” he looked at us. “I know who you are”

“How?” Brit asked.

“They warned me about you”

“Who did?” I asked.

“The angels. Now where the hell is Zachariah?” he demanded.

“How about…” I started, venomously but Brit grabbed my arm to keep me back. “You get cleaned up first” she filled in. That was certainly not what I was going to say. His attitude was, frankly, getting on my nerve.

~~~

Once he got cleaned up, we all gathered around Adam while he sat on the cot. I sat down a few feet in front of him. “Why is she on the floor?” he asked, looking at everyone, gesturing to me.

“Why not ask me, Adam? Afraid I might bite your head off? Cause I will” I said, smugly and sarcastically, obviously. It was unnecessary but I was just annoyed.

“It’s her thing. Leave her alone. Why don't you just tell us everything? Start from the beginning” Dean said before he could respond.

“Well, I was dead and in Heaven. Except it…it uh, kinda looked like my prom and I was making out with this girl, her name was Kristin McGee…”

“Yeah, that sounds like Heaven. Did you get to third base?” Dean wiggled his eyebrows.

I rolled my eyes. Sam gave him a look, he gave him an innocent shrug. “Just keep going” Brit said and shook her head.

“Well, these…these angels, they popped out of nowhere, and they tell me that I'm chosen”

“For what?” Sam asked.

“To save the world”

“How you gonna do that?” I questioned.

“Oh, me and some archangel are going to kill the devil”

“What archangel?” Dean asked.

“Michael. I'm his uh vessel or something, I don't know. They did mention you, too, being the sword or whatever” he looked at me.

“Well, that’s insane” Dean and I both commented. “Not necessarily” Cas spoke up.

“How do you mean?” Dean asked.

“Maybe they're moving on from you, Dean”

“Well that doesn't make sense”

“He is John Winchester's bloodline, Sam's brother. It's not perfect, but it's possible”

“Well you gotta be kidding me”

“Why would they do this? Will they find someone to replace Mel too?” Brit asked.

“I don’t see how they can. Jesse is the only other option that would be a Stern bloodline and the angels don’t know where he is…they wont try to find anyone else though. It has to be Melissa…but maybe they're desperate. Maybe they wrongly assumed Dean would be brave enough to withstand them…” Cas glared at Dean and it was a obvious diss.

“Alright, you know what? Blow me, Cas” Dean snapped.

“Cut it out” I snapped at both of them, sending them both hard looks. I sighed, annoyed as I just looked back at Adam.

“Look, no way. After everything that's happened? All that crap about destiny? Suddenly the angels have a Plan B? Does that smell right to anybody?” Sam stressed. No one had an answer.

“You know this has been a really moving family reunion, but uh, I got a thing, so…” Adam stood up.

I shot to my feet. “Hold on. Sit back down” I ordered.

He didn’t listen at first but then I stared him down. He shook his head. “Unbelievable” he muttered and sat back down. “Thank you” I said and then sat back down, myself.

“Please, just listen” Brit said. “Now, Adam…the angels are lying to you. They're full of crap” Sam added.

“Yeah, I don't think so”

“Really. Why not?”

“Um, 'cause they're angels

“They tell you they were gonna roast half the planet?” Brit asked.

“They said the fight might get pretty hairy, but it is the devil, right? So we got to stop him”

“Yeah, but there's another way”

“Great. What is it?”

“Working on the ‘power of love’” I quipped, smugly. “How's that going?” he asked, sarcastically. “Mmm. Not good” Dean answered.

“Look, Adam…you don't know me from a hole in the wall, I know. But I'm begging you. Please, just trust me. Give me some time” Sam said.

“Give me one good reason”

“Because we're blood”

“You've got no right to say that to me” Adam’s jaw clenched.

“You're still John's boy” Bobby noted.

“No, John Winchester was some guy who took me to a baseball game once a year. I don't have a dad. So we may be blood, but we are not family. My mom is my family. And if I do my job, I get to see her again. So no offense, but she's the one I give a rat's ass about, not you”

“Understandable” I nodded my head.

“But if you have one good memory of dad, just one, then you'll give us a little more time. Please” Sam tried.

He just stared at all of us for a moment…but then sighed and sat back. He knew he was outnumbered and defeated.

Night fell:

"This is stupid. I know your babysitting me, Sam" I hissed as we were secretly keeping an eye on Adam, from around the corner, while he picked at a sandwich in the kitchen.

"Do you think you don't need one?" he inquired.

I opened my mouth to reply but I heard Adam on the move. I sighed and went out the window and walked over to the door. I crossed my opens as it opened and Adam froze in his tracks as his eyes met mine.

"Going somewhere?" I questioned. "You really shouldn't try to pull a fast one on me. Demon senses" I pointed to my ears.

I used my hand to wave him back inside so he backed up and I walked forward and shut the door. "I was just going out for a beer" he lied.

"Great. We got beer. Have a seat" Sam said from behind him. "Great" Adam sighed and sat back down as Sam got him out a beer.

I leaned against the wall with my arms crossed as Sam sat at the table across from Adam. "You know, you pitched this whole dewy-eyed bromance thing, but the truth is, I'm on lockdown, aren't I?”

“You’re not the only one” I muttered and Sam gave me a look.

I just shrugged lightly and gave him an innocent look back like a little girl that got scolded as I looked away. He looked back at his half brother. “Adam, you may not believe it, but dad was trying to protect you. Keeping you from all of this”

“Yeah well, I guess the monster that ate me didn't get that memo”

I looked back at him with a blank look but I was feeling some kind of compassion for him. “You remember that?” Sam asked.

“Oh yeah”

There was a pause. “Still…trust me. The one thing worse than seeing dad once a year was seeing him all year”

“Do you know how full of crap you are?”

My eyebrows furrowed.

“What?”

“Really. You see, it was me and it was my mom. That's it. She worked the graveyard shift at the hospital. I cooked my own dinners. I put myself to bed. So you can say whatever you want about our dad, but the truth is, I would have taken anything”

Sam nodded slightly. “Look, if we had known we had a brother…”

“Well, you didn’t, so…”

“We would have found you” Adam scoffed. “Look, I can't change the past. I wish I could. But from here on out…”

“What? We gonna hop in the family truckster? Pop on down to Wally World?”

I laughed under my breath. He looked up at me as I shook my head. “Tell you one thing, with an attitude like that one, you will fit right in around here” I said to him and then walked off.

Sam followed me down to Bobby’s basement where Cas stood, outside the panic room. Cas’ eyes went from the panic room to me and he watched me as Sam and I walked over to him. I was starting to feel slightly uncomfortable with his hard stare but I didn’t let it show.

“Ya know, Cas. Last time someone looked at me like that, it was Dean, and we didn’t do much talking, really” I quipped.

He just continued to stare at me with the same look and he opened up the door to the panic room with a wave of his hand without ever looking away. Sam and I stepped in, to Dean and Brit. I got to Dean’s side to turn and look back at Cas who was now staring Dean down as well.

“Well, Cas, not for nothing, but the last person who looked at me like that, it was Melissa, and I got laid” he said, more bluntly.

“Hey, I said the same thing” I said with a joking tone as I smiled. “Oh did you?” he joked back.

Then we both looked back at Cas who didn’t find our banter very amusing. “Uh, maybe you should go keep an eye on Adam” Brit suggested.

Cas looked at her, then back at us. Dean puckered his lips at him in a seductive manor as I winked at him and then with another wave of his hand, the door swung shut and the atmosphere was suddenly serious again.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333