‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Out of Angle Mojo

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
"What the hell is wrong with you two?" Dean snapped at Brit and Sam.

We were at Bobby’s place, discussing Sam and Brit’s ’plan’ in the kitchen. I just crossed my arms as I leaned against the table. "Dean..." Sam started.

"No don’t Dean me, you have had some stupid ideas in the past but this…"

"Did you know about this?" I asked Bobby as he rolled over to us.

"What?"

"About Sam and Brittney’s genius plan to say yes to the devil" He sighed slightly and nodded. "Well thanks for the heads up!" Dean snapped harshly.

"Hey this aint about me" Bobby said, defensively. "You guys can't do this" Dean said, sternly. "That’s a consensus" Brit sighed.

“Alright, awesome, end of discussion...aren't you going to say something?" he snapped at me.

"I thought it was end of discussion" I cracked, slightly. He gave me a hard look. "I think you’ve got all the yelling down already, you didn't really give me a chance to do some of my own yelling..."

Then my phone started to ring. "This isn't over" Dean said to them.

"Hello?" I answered the phone. "Melissa" Cas' voice came through.

"Cas! Where the hell are you? We all thought you were dead! Are you alright?" I said, fast. "He okay?" Dean asked.

I just hushed him as I put a hand up. He furrowed his eyebrows as he looked at Sam and Brit but I just focused on Cas' voice. "Melissa, please breath and lower your voice" He sounded tired.

"Sorry...answer my questions"

"I’m in the hospital. And no I'm not okay"

I waited for him to say more. "Care to elaborate?" I snapped lightly and sarcastically.

"I just woke up here. The doctors were fairly surprised, thought I was brain-dead"

"So...you’re in a hospital" I said, narrowing my eyes at the wall across the kitchen.

I was kind of waiting for a punch line…. Dean came closer to me to put his ear next to my phone so he could hear. I put a hand up, on his face and pushed him back slightly.

"Apparently after Van Nuys, I suddenly appeared, bloody and unconscious, on a boat in Delecroy, I was told I upset the sailors"

"Well, I gotta tell ya, Cas, it's just in time. We figured out a way how to pop Satin into the box"

"How?"

Dean took my hand away from his face with a little force but he didn't let go. He held it gently like it was something so fragile that it would break. I tried to ignore the way Dean was making me feel and my thoughts that he was consuming and I tried to just focus on Cas.

"Long story. But we're goin after Pestilence now so if you wanna zap over here..."

"I cant zap anywhere" he sighed, troubled.

I furrowed my eyebrows. "What do you mean?"

"My batteries are drained..." he tried to explain.

"So, you’re saying you’re out of angel mojo?"

"I’m saying that I’m thirsty and I have headaches...and I have bug bite that itches no matter how much I scratch. I’m saying I'm just incredibly..."

"Human" I finished for him. "Wow...sorry" I added, sincerely.

"The point is I cant go anywhere without money for…an airplane ride. Or food. Or pane medication ideally"

"Alright well, look, don't worry about it. Bobby’s here, he'll wire you the cash"

"I will?" Bobby raised his eyebrows.

"Then I'll give you money to wire to him" I said and rolled my eyes.

"Melissa, wait...you and Dean said no to Michael..." he started and I grabbed a clump of Dean’s jacket to pull him closer to me so he could hear. "I owe you both an apology" he said, sincerely.

“Cas, it’s okay…” I said, kind of taken back by it.

“He is not the burnt and broken shell of a man I believed him to be and you are not the confused, shallow woman, I believed you to be…”

“Uhh yea, thanks Cas. I appreciate that…I guess…”

“You’re welcome” he said and then I just hung up.

~~~

So, we got to Serenity Valley Convalescent Home in search of Pestilence. I wasn’t sure how we were going to find him in the building full of people. He could’ve been anyone and an demon could be in there as well. But, of course, we went in, Dean knocked out a security guy after telling him he was looking for his nana, Eunice Kennedy and we had access to the control room.

“What are we even looking for?” I asked, after we watched the screens for a bit. “Well, he's Pestilence so he probably looks sick” Dean said. “Everybody looks sick” Sam noted.

Brit just sighed, annoyed as she leaned back in the swirley chair and stretched. I started to pace slowly and tiredly as Dean started to do the same since we were so bored. We even tried to entertain ourselves by making out a little but Sam and Brit started to make noises at us so we stopped with that and as he slid down to the floor, with his back against the wall, he pulled me onto his lap and held me close to him as we both started to doze off.

“Hey…hey!” Brit said and threw a paper ball at me. I jumped a little. “Guys, come look at this” Sam said.

I got to my feet and Dean put one hand on my ass as he wrapped a finger through my belt loop to still keep me close as he got to his feet and we walked over to them. Brit pointed out a man coming out of a room and the screen started to act weird as a fuzzy/static line went right through the guys head and it followed him as he walked around the corner and we all looked at another screen that he showed up on with a fuzzy line still going through his head.

“Oh now we’re talking” Dean said and then we headed out. While Dean and Sam went one way, Brit and I went another so we could go around to get to the room from different angles.

We were being quiet and cautious as we snuck around the corner. I started to feel a little lightheaded and I looked over at Brit and my vision was blurry but I could still see she was losing her balance as she started to cough a nasty cough. I grunted as I was trying to keep myself together and help her continue down the hallway.

“We must be getting close” I choked out. “Ya think?” she gasped. But, then my legs collapsed from under me as Brit’s did as well and all of a sudden, I just blacked out.

When I started to come to, I felt myself get dragged into some room and Brit and the guys were there too as we were all just on the floor…dying, pretty much. I looked up to see it was some nurse that dragged us in but I could see her eyes flicker from black to normal. Then, I looked next to her, where a man in a suit was sitting on the bed. I guessed he was Pestilence…and he certainly did not look sick.

“You boys and girls do not look well” he spoke as he stood. “It might be the scarlet fever…or the meningitis…oh! Or the syphilis. That’s not fun” he said and I coughed up a little blood, just like the rest of them were.

He started to rant on about how disease is ’accused’ for being filthy and chaotic but really that’s just what people are and how bacteria have one purpose to divide and conquer and how he doesn’t understand how God could pour his life into ’something so messy’…us…blah, blah, blah. Then, Cas came flying in.

“Cas?” we all choked and grunted. “How did you get here?” Dean breathed out. “Took a bus. Don’t worry, I…” he started but then he doubled over as he started to choke up some blood.

“Well, look at that…very fascinating…” Pestilence started but then Cas lunged up at him and sliced his fingers off with a knife.

The nurse attacked Cas but as I felt the diseases leave me, I saw he killed her and then stood to his feet as we did the same. Brit jumped for the finger that had the ring on it, which was on the floor and held it up to us.

“It doesn’t matter. It’s too late” Pestilence said and then just disappeared. Well…three down…one to go.

~~~

Well, it’s nice to actually score a homerun for once, aint it” Bobby commented as he was sitting at his desk.

Dean and Sam were in the chairs on the other side of Bobby’s desk, facing him, Brit was leaning on the side of the desk, kind of sitting on it and I was sitting on the floor while Cas was just leaning on the wall. We all stayed silent as I felt all of us were kind of in our own worlds, thinking.

“What?” he asked, looking at all of us. “The last thing Pestilence said…it’s too late” Sam spoke.

“He get specific?”

“No” Brit answered. “We’re just a little freaked out that he might have left a bomb somewhere…” I added. "So please tell us you have actual good news” Dean finished.

“Chicago is about to be wiped off the map. Storm of the millennium. Sets off a daisy chain of natural disasters. Three million people are gonna die”

I puckered my lips and grunted in response. “I don't understand your definition of good news” Cas said.

I looked up with a blank stare but then smiled over at him and had to let out a little chuckle as Dean just had a blank look on his face. “Well…Death, the horsemen…he’s gonna be there and if we can stop him before he kick-starts the storm and get his ring back…” Bobby started to explain.

“Yea, make it sound so easy” Dean said, sarcastically.

“Hell, just trying to put a spin on it”

“Well, Bobby, how’d you put all this together anyways?” Sam asked.

Bobby cleared his throat. “I had…you know…help”

But, then, I heard the floorboards creak slightly and I spun my head around to see Crowley standing there, pouring himself some scotch. “Don’t be so modest. I barely helped at all…hello boys. Ladies. Pleasure, excreta” He walked a little closer to us. “Go ahead, tell them. There’s no shame in it”

We all snapped our eyes back at Bobby. “Bobby…tell us what, exactly?” Brit asked.

“The world's gonna end. Seems stupid to get all precious over one little soul” he said, lightly.

“You sold your soul?” both, Dean and I snapped.

“More like pawned it. I fully intend to give it back”

“Well, then give it back!” Dean ordered.

“I will”

“Now!” I grunted.

“Did you kiss him?” Sam asked. “Sam!” Dean scolded. “Hey, it’s a decent question…I’m curious too” Brit said and we all looked at Bobby again.

There was kind of a weird, awkward silence as he looked at all of us. “No!” he made a face.

But, then Crowley cleared his throat so we all looked at him as he was holding up his iPhone with a picture of the two of them kissing! I snickered a little but covered it with a small cough as Brit did the same.

“Why'd you take a picture?” Bobby asked, stiffly.

"Why do you have to use tongue?” Crowley countered.

“Very sexy” I commented and saw Brit was trying to hide her snickers as well.

Then, Dean gave me a hard stare and I just smirked as I looked down at the floorboards. I took a deep breath and brought myself back to our situation as I stood to my feet. “Okay, I’m done. Give him his soul back, now” I demanded.

“I’m sorry, I can’t”

“Can’t? Or won't?” Dean snapped as he stood as well.

“Won't, alright?! Its an insurance…”

“What are you talking about?”

“You kill demons…besides gigantor over there, his tiny girlfriend and your intimidating wifey, here…but you won't kill me. Not as long as I have his soul in the deposit box”

“You son of a bitch” Bobby spat.

“I’ll return it after all this is over and I can walk safely away, do we all understand each other?” Crowley grunted. Not like we had much of a choice, now.

~~~~~~~

I was watching Dean, discreetly, from a distance while I sat on the cooler outside, drinking a beer and he was at the Impala, in the trunk. Brit came over to me and sat close, beside me as I also saw Sam went over to Dean.

“Why’d you take one of our beers when Bobby has plenty?” she asked. “I was already out here and too lazy to go back inside” I laughed a little. So did she.

Then, I noticed she was staring down at the ground and I could tell she wanted to say something. “So…we’re about to have a talk…” I assumed.

She sighed a little and then looked up at me. “Well…first off, I want you to know that I do agree with you and Dean when it comes to me and Sam…you guys think we’re too weak to take on Lucifer, even if we’re together…well, so do I. Trust me, I know how screwed up I am. You? Dean? Bobby? Cas? Even Sam. I’m the least out of all of you”

“Brittney…” I started to shake my head.

“It’s true…but Sam’s all we got if we’re gonna say yes to Lucifer and I’m all he’s got because there’s no way I would let him do it alone…there’s no way he can do it alone. If there was another way, I would be all for it…but I just don’t think there is. There’s just me and him…so I don’t know what else to do except try to do what has to be done”

I looked at her, gently and I heard Crowley call over to us but I was ignoring him as I just continued to stare at Brit. But, then she stood up so I did as well and we walked over to all of them as Sam was reading a newspaper about a new swine flu vaccine or something.

“Shipments leave Thursday…shipment farms…get it?” Crowley tried to hint to us.

But, we all just gave each other blank looks with the little information he was giving us. He sighed. “You four are lucky to have your looks. Your demon lover, Brady, VP of distribution…” he ended and we all looked at each other as we realized what he was getting at. “Ahh yes the sound of abacus clacking. All caught up?

“So Pestilence was spreading swine flu” Brit said. “Yeah, but not just for giggles” Dean said. “That was step one. Step two is the vaccine. You think...?” I started.

“I know. I'll stake my reputation that vaccine is chock full of Grade A farm-fresh Croatoan virus”

“Simultaneous countrywide distribution. That's part of the plan” Sam said.

“They don't get to be Horsemen for nothing. So you boys better stock up on... well, everything. This time next Thursday, we'll all be living in Zombieland”

Wow, what a comforting thought.
♠ ♠ ♠
<<333