‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Preview to Trequel Gives You: Exile On Main Street Part 1

+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+~+
One Year Later

“If this whole thing really does go our way and Sam and I get him into the box…you know I’m not coming back. You know neither of us are coming back…you have to promise me something…you have to promise not to try to bring me back…you and Dean go find Jesse, Abbey and Chris. Get married, have barbecues, go to football games, school functions…have some normal, apple pie life. Please, promise me…” Brit’s voice echoed in my head as I watched her and Sam jump into the pit for the thousandth time…

My eyes shot open and I woke up to the alarm going off. I watched as Dean leaned over to shut it off and then he faced me again. “Morning” he said and kissed my forehead as he brought me closer.

“Morning…” I murmured.

“You okay?”

“Yea…are you?”

“Yea…”

But, we both knew, very well, that it was a lie. Watching Brittney and Sam jump into the hole with Adam was the hardest things I ever had to watch…right next to Dean getting dragged to Hell…and both of those things haunt my dreams every single night…but I put on a smile for Dean. Someone had to be the stronger one here and seeing as he always takes that role, it was my turn this time. I leaned in to kiss him but then my beautiful black lab, the size of Jesse if she stood up on two legs, came running into the room, jumping up onto the bed, barking like crazy with the leash in her mouth. We both sat up and she dropped it so her tongue was hanging out and she attacked Dean with her slobber.

“Down, Maya” he laughed.

“I got some competition” I joked and took Maya into my lap. “Don’t I? Yes, I do. Yes I do” I used a baby voice as I ruffled up her fur and she licked my face.

“You’re such a loser” he laughed.

“You’re just jealous of what we have” I said, smugly. “You wanna go out, Maya? You wanna go out?” I cooed, excitedly as I jumped up to my feet, so I was standing on the bed. She started to bark like crazy as she jumped off onto the floor. “Go to the door, Maya. Go to the door” I said excitedly.

She continued to bark as she almost ran into the wall but dodged it quickly and ran out of the room. I jumped onto the floor and Dean stood up. “She’s definitely you’re dog” Dean laughed as I turned around and he wrapped his arms around my waist.

“Ya know she doesn’t really like me? She just pretends while you’re around”

“Dean, she’s a smart dog, but I don’t think she’s that smart” I gave him a look.

“Yea, you’d be surprised. She tried to bite my leg off when I pushed you on the couch yesterday”

“Oh, stop” I rolled my eyes at him. “You wanna go for a jog with me, real quick? Before your day starts?”

“Oh, you know, I‘d love to, hon, but that’s your special bonding time with Diane and as much fun as it sounds listening to her talk on and on about what she does and who she does it with…” I glared.

“Yea, thanks. You’re a really good boyfriend, making me go alone”

“I try” he shrugged.

“Okay, fine. Don’t come for a jog, but you’re going to get flabby” I sang and kissed him and then walked out with Maya’s leash. “Not possible!” he called after me. I just laughed as I walked around the corner.

I skipped downstairs and hooked the leash onto Maya’s collar and we ran outside to Diane who was already outside, waiting for us with her dog, Bella. She was in her pajamas as well. We started jogging. Like Dean said, she started talking about what she did and who she did it with. I’m really good at ignoring her though and blocking her out. I waved to Mrs. Jenkins who lived down the street from us. I said hello to Karen and Hannah who were also out for a jog. I saw Scott and Isabel outside on their porch and waved to them. I tried to pick up the pace a little so we could pass Diane’s house and drop her off, then Maya and I went running for a few more minutes. I really liked running. It helped me clear my head and not think of anything and just enjoy outside…also, Dean told me it was better than doing my suicide attempts by speeding down a highway. I saw the house up ahead as we were passing Sid’s place while he was walking outside to get the newspaper.

“Hey, Mel! You and Dean coming to the barbecue today?”

“Yea! Abbey and Chris will be there at two and Dean and I will get there as soon as he gets off work and after Jesse’s soccer game!” I called back to him as I started to jog backwards.

“Okay!…see ya then!” he called back, sounding like he wanted to say something else. I waved and turned back around to run forwards and I felt his eyes look me up and down. Oh Sid. I laughed to myself.

When we reached the lawn, we started to slow down and I waved to David and Paulina who went driving on by and when I looked back at the house, I saw Dean was smiling at me through the window from the kitchen but turned away quickly. We jogged in and I took off Maya’s leash so she ran right into the kitchen. I could smell breakfast cooking and hear sizzling. I walked in to see Chris sitting at the island, with coffee and a newspaper with Abbey sitting next to him and her and Dean were laughing about something while he bent down to pour some food into Maya’s bowl. Jesse threw his two cents into the conversation while Dean reached up into a cabinet to get down the salt and he tossed some into the eggs he was cooking in the frying pan.

I watch Dean crack up about something Jesse said and I smiled as I walked in. I walked over to Dean’s side to get to the fridge as he turned and I ducked as he lifted the frying pan higher to avoid hitting me in the head and he poured some eggs onto Jesse’s plate.

“Hey, Mel” he smiled, taking a bite as I grabbed a water. “Hey, sweetie” I smiled back as I walked over to him and kissed the top of his head.

“Hey, babe, you want some?” Dean asked. I contemplated. “Yea, sure” I nodded and sat down on the other side of Jesse. “You ready for your math test, today, bud?” he asked Jesse. “Yep”

Dean put the plate of eggs in front of me and I smiled at him as he winked at me and I couldn’t stop smiling as I watched him and Chris start up a conversation.

Once Jesse and I were done, I challenged him to a race to see who could get ready to leave first, I started out with throwing him onto the couch and I raced up the stairs but he popped up in front of me and dashed into his room. Him and his powers, man.... I raced into mine and Dean’s room, showered, got dressed, put some makeup on, did my hair and then raced back out and downstairs to see Jesse playing with Maya.

“Jesse wins…again” Dean chuckled. “You’re a little cheater” I sneered playfully at Jesse.

“As long as he doesn’t cheat on his test today, doesn’t matter”

Jesse laughed lightly. “You ready to go?” I asked him. “Yea” he said, slinging his backpack over one shoulder and we all headed out.

I guessed Abbey and Chris were gone to work already since their cars were gone. Jesse got into the van in the front seat and rolled down the window. “I’ll see you later” Dean kissed me.

“You’ll be at my game today, right Dean?” Jesse stuck his head out the window.

"Wouldn’t miss it, kid. Good luck with the math”

“Good luck with the building”

I smiled at him, then stared up into Dean’s eyes that enchanted me like always. “Love you” he kissed me again. “Love you too” I replied.

He got into his pickup truck and I watched him drive off to being an architect. I have to admit, seeing him drive that pickup made me miss my own…mine was way nicer than his. His was a little rusted and faded…like any other town-guy….

“Melissa! I’m gonna be late!” Jesse called. “Oh crap! You’re right. Okay, come on” I said and got in the driver’s seat. I pulled out of the driveway and headed for Jesse’s school.

I dropped him off and he gave me a kiss on the cheek before he got out. I watched him walk in and then I parked around the corner. I walked in and met with the PTA to talk about the next school event…yea, as stupid as it is, I was one of those PTA mothers. I did a lot for the town, actually. It’s how I was so well known around here. I had to make sure I knew who we were surrounded by and who we could trust and who we couldn’t. For the most part, everyone was pretty nice. Dean and I were actually pretty respectable in this town. I joined the PTA to also be close to Jesse in case of anything. Once I was done there, I headed home for a little bit, before Jesse got home since he had a half day.

I threw my hair up into a pony tail and got out some ingredients. “What do you say we make some pie today, Maya…I cant even make pie right…” I muttered. “But, today’s the day. I‘m making lemon pie” I said, determined.

She wined though as she laid down to cover her face with her paws. Dean taught her that trick. I rolled my eyes at her and continued what I was doing. I’ve always loved dogs…and so did my dad…and to have one of my own was the best thing ever. Maya was the best dog a girl could ask for. Just the thought of how my life and Dean’s life has been lately…it all made me smile.

We got to be with Jesse every day…I got to see my sister and soon-to-be brother-in-law every day…Dean made some friends just like I have…well, they’re all more like acquaintances but close enough. I know Sam and Brit still haunt our dreams but I knew I couldn’t let it effect us too much…Dean took a little longer to know that but I helped him. I was very happy and content with where we were….

“Mel, I’m home!” Jesse came running through.

He startled me so I jumped, throwing the pie into the air. Jesse saw it and then held out his hands so the pie vanished from the air and appeared in his hands. I sighed with relief and smiled at him.

“You know no one’s going to eat this” he joked.

“Awe, you’re out of school already? Are you sure it’s a half day, today?” I joked back. “This time is different. I think I finally did it…”

“You always say that”

“Well, you can taste it later. Go up and get dressed, we have to go pick up Justin and Liam, it’s my turn to carpool” I said, taking the pie from him.

He nodded and disappeared from his spot. “You don’t do stuff like that in front of Chris and Abbey, right?!” I called up to him, placing the pie on the counter.

“You told me not to, so I don’t!” he called back. “Okay” I simply replied.

He appeared back behind me in his uniform. I felt my stomach churn uncomfortably and I took a deep breath and let it out. “Are you okay?”

“Yea…yea, I’m fine. I just don’t feel good…” I looked at the clock. “Okay, come on. Cindy hates it when I’m late to anything” I said and ushered him out the door.

~~

I picked up Liam and Justin and headed to the field. All of them dashed out of the van and ran to meet up with the rest of the team, on the field. I smiled as I saw Jesse had all these friends. I walked over to the stands and sat down. Once the game started, my stomach started acting up again….

“Hey, did I miss anything?” Dean asked as he reached me and kissed me as he sat down beside me and put an arm around me.

“Jesse is doing great! He scored twice already” I cooed. “Well, there he goes again” he said.

I watched as Jesse ran fast with the ball and scored again. Dean and I shot to our feet, cheering and clapping. Jesse looked over at us to smile and Dean put out a hand to show him, he was there. That made him grin and do even better.

“You make Jesse happy” I looked up at him with a cheesy look.

“Well, he deserves to be happy…” He eyed me.

“How was work?” I asked as I leaned into him.

“Same old thing” he sighed and sneaked his hand up to my forehead. “Mel, you’re burning up” he stated.

“I’m fine. Just a weird stomach thing I think. It’ll pass” I waved it off.

“Why don’t you go home, rest a little to see if you still want to go to Sid’s and if you’re up to it, just show up. Jesse and I will head over there right after the game"

I contemplated the idea. “…okay” I stood up and so did he. “You really are the best…honestly, I never knew you could be so perfect” I murmured.

“So many secrets about me and so little time” he smirked and kissed me. Then, I headed off the bleachers and to the van.

I got in and just sat there for a moment as I got chills and my stomach started to gurgle, now. I tried to push away the feeling long enough to get home. As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I ran inside and to the bathroom to throw up in the toilet. Maybe I was really sick. When I was done, I made some tea, got a bucket and just chilled out on the couch, watching TV. After a while, I decided I was fine and I walked over to Sid’s. I saw Dean talking to Sid by the barbecue, having a beer and I saw Jesse playing with some friends and Chris and Abbey were talking with their friends as well. I walked over to Dean to say hello to Sid and he wrapped an arm around me to ask I was feeling. I just told him I was fine and he continued to eye me but he let it go.

When night fell, we all went back home and like every night, I tucked in Jesse with Dean watching me from the hallway and then when I turned he was gone. So, I walked out of the room and over to the stairs. I looked down to see him looking out the windows and shutting the blinds and making sure the front door was locked and that the devil’s trap was still in tact under the rug in front of the door. I went to bed and he quickly joined me, soon after he was done and got under the covers with me. I got close to him so wrap my arm around his chest and place a hand on the back of his neck as he wrapped his arm around me to keep me closer than I already was and we were asleep in an instant…with a shotgun and holy water safely under the bed. This was our lives now. Ordinary…normal…everything we always wanted…except Brittney and Sam weren’t with us…which made everything seem so unreal.

~~~~~

The next day was pretty much the same. Chris, Abbey and Dean went to work, I got Jesse to school, discussed the school activities with other moms, went for a small jog and then just went home. Yea, I was a stay-at-home-mom…and I hated it. I hated not having anything to do and yea, I could get a job but Jesse wasn’t old enough to come home from school to an empty house. So, I spent time trying to learn to cook…and lets face it, there was no way I would get that accomplished. My lime pie from yesterday was crap so I decided to try to make lemon pie this time. By the time Jesse got home, it was done, cooling off and he wanted to go to the park so I took him. I sat on the bench while I watched him carefully, never peeling my eyes away from him as he played on the playground.

After a while, he came to me to tell me he was tired so I took him home and Dean called me to tell me he was going out to get drinks with Sid. I was just planning on staying home for the night but then Diane called me and asked if I wanted to get drinks with her as well. Abbey and Chris watched Jesse while I went out and I drove to pick up Diane and we drove to the bar in town. We walked in to see Dean and Sid sitting at a table. Dean looked up to see us and I saw him chuckle. I just smiled, shaking my head as I put hands up to shrug. Sid looked up as well and tried to signal us over to them.

“Oh no, no guys. It’s just us tonight…and besides, I want to flirt with Sid from a distance. It makes them want more” she explained to me, pulling me over to a table on the opposite side of the bar. Yea, like I need help on how to flirt with guys…it’s not like I would anymore, I’m a taken woman.

I smiled at Dean laughing with Sid while they were talking about whatever…I decided against listening in on their conversation because he deserved privacy with his friend. He looked over at me and winked. I just shook my head at him and looked away.

“You guys still flirt with each other like you just met. It’s cute” Diane commented as she came back over to me with two some kind of girly drinks in her hands and she placed one in front of me. “How long exactly have you guys been together?”

“Longer than you think”

"You said you traveled a lot. Did you two travel together?" she asked.

I was actually kind of surprised that she remembered what I told her and that she was keeping the conversation on me and not herself...she probably just wanted Dean though. "Yea, you could say that..."

"And?"

"I don't know" I laughed and shrugged.

"Come on. You and Dean moved in like a year ago, right? Which means I've been buying you these terrible drinks for a year, I deserve some gory, detailed secrets"

"There’s really not much to tell...I lived at home till I was 23, going to school and all that, then hit the road..."

"When did Dean and Jesse come into he picture?"

"Well, Deans always been a part of my life for as long as I can remember..."

"So your story is the one where the two best friends grow up and fall in love with each other"

"Umm yea, I guess...then I had Jesse at a young age, gave him to my step sister since I couldn't take care of him, I hit the road with Dean, taking crappy jobs, then we reunited with Jesse and now we're here"

I took another sip of the crappy drink. I made a face. "Why do you make me drink these again?"

"So guys see how frilly we are and they come over to talk to us. You tell them your taken and if Dean doesn't come over to beat them up, then I take them both for myself...so you have a little soap opera going on"

"Yea, I'd say so" I laughed lightly.

"What kinda of crappy jobs did you have? Were you like a prostitute or something? Cause honey, you are too pretty to be sellin your body like that"

I laughed. "No I wasn't a prostitute..."

"So, what, then?"

"...pest control"

"Ew. Seriously?"

"Yep. Got to work with a few partners...Dean was one of them...got to help people too...you can't even imagine what's in some peoples walls. It could eat them alive" I puckered my lips, nodding and then I just took another sip.

“Ew…that’s gross”

“Yep…but that was then…and now…I’m 29 and very happy…”

“Well, you and Dean are like the town’s favorite couple. You’re both practically respectable” I laughed under my breath.

“I guess so…it’s kind of scary, really” I admitted.

Then, I looked over at Dean and he smiled at me as I smiled back and then I watched, amused, as a waitress walked over to him and Sid and handed him the check, touched his arm and then walked away.

“Looks like she made a move on your man. You gonna beat her up?”

I laughed. “No, I’m not” I answered but I perked my ears up to eaves drop on Dean and Sid.

I saw Dean hold up the check to Sid and my eyes let me see that it had the girl’s name and a number on it. “What is it with you?! Every time!” Sid laughed.

“It’s like chicks specifically dig official unavailable guys” Dean shook his head as he ripped up the number and name. “Who knew?” he chuckled, humorlessly.

He took another sip of beer and looked over at me but I looked away quickly to see Diane giving two guys her unique look. “Diane, stop it” I laughed quietly.

“Shhh just be my wing woman” she snapped playfully.

I just laughed and the two guys, that she was undressing with her eyes, came over to our table. One started hitting on me right away and I noticed Dean shifted in his seat but he still had an amused look as he was trying to discreetly keep an eye on me.

Then, the guy started to get too close for comfort and I noticed Dean jumped out of his seat to head over here but he stopped himself and watched as I grabbed this guy's shirt with a delicate touch and then I gripped onto it.

“Don’t come near me ever again, got it? Because you wont just have to worry about my boyfriend standing over there, but you’ll also have to worry about me and I’m warning you now that I’m not a very nice person” I threatened and gave him a death stare.

He dared to sneak a peak over at Dean and I felt his whole body tense up just at the sight of Dean's threatening manner. He backed off slightly. “Good boy” I said, patting his chest, standing up. “You need a ride, home, Di?” I smiled at her.

She smiled back as both guys were already all over her. “Nope. I think I’m good. See you tomorrow, Mel”

“See you tomorrow” I laughed and walked over to Dean with my hands in my pockets. I put a hand on his neck and leaned up slightly to kiss him. “Be good” I ordered and he just stared down at me with a gentle look.

“Stay longer. Jesse’s already in bed by now…or supposed to be…you’re not missing much, so I’ll just see you at home”

He eyed me at first. “Okay…yea” he nodded, grabbing my hand. “Bye Sid” I smiled at him. “Bye Mel” he grinned. Dean kissed me once more and I walked out.
♠ ♠ ♠
i just wanted to give u all a sense as to what their normal lives were rlly like
"They" come back in the next chapter!...if u've been watching, u kow who "they" are

<<333