‹ Prequel: Secrets Will Kill You
Sequel: Killing Me Slowly

Secrets Will Kill You The Sequel

Exile On Main Street Part 4

I heard the door slide open again and I turned my head to look at George. He smiled at me and then walked outside to me.

“You have a really nice house, here”

“Go ahead, call me a soccer mom”

“A soccer mom, huh. I’ll have to look that one up on the internet” I laughed a little. “Do you think it would tell me how to be a grandfather to a beautiful young woman who just found out he was resurrected from the dead?” he tried to joke.

I chuckled humorlessly. “So dad got his charm from you” I assumed.

“You could say that…and you got a lot from him…not including the hunting gene” I didn’t respond. I just looked down. “Your dad wanted a normal life…one like you’ve been living, he’d be so jealous…but he’d definitely be proud too. You look a lot like him…”

“But, I look like her more” I said, venomously.

“I didn’t say that…you remind me of him. Your attitude and your aggressive notion but loving nature…”

I gave him a weird look. “Just from the first look at you and Dean, I saw the love you two share…and the love you have for Sam and Brittney…you hide it really well, just like all your emotions, I assume…but I can see it…because of you’re your father and I knew your father…and you’re exactly like him…”

“But, you don’t know me

“No…I suppose I don’t…” He stopped…and he knew to change the subject. “Brittney and Sam tell you what we been dealin with the past few months?”

“No, not really”

I've never even seen anything quite like it. Been working round the clock”

“So…what’s going on exactly?”

“We don't know…but whatever it is, it goes way past a couple of Djinn acting off…nocturnals attacking in broad daylight, werewolves out on the half-moon, creatures that we've never even seen before. We don't…we don't even know what they are. I'm knee-deep in half-eaten human hearts and extenuated 10-year-olds, and it's all making me…uneasy”

“And what’s your theory?”

“You tell me. All we really know is it's all hands on deck. We're counting on each other right now. That's how it is with Campbell’s and Stern’s. We need you, Melissa. You and Dean”

“Look, I understand…and I hear you…but…”

“You don't know what you're part of, Melissa. You know, you had ancestors hacking the heads off vamps on the Mayflower…even back then Campbells and Sterns were teamed up…all I'm saying is that we're your blood. And we're out there dying, trying to get in front of whatever this is…maybe it’s not really the best time for golf and cooking” he finished, placed a gentle hand on my back and then walked back inside.

I sighed and put my head in my hands as I leaned on the banister. Then…I just threw up over the side of the deck and coughed a little. “Are you okay?” Brit asked as she reached my side.

“I’m fine” I breathed out, wiping my mouth.

“Mel…are you pregnant or something?

“What?” I narrowed my eyes at her and just made a face.

But, I didn’t let her repeat herself, I just turned to walk back inside. She grabbed my arm. “Wait. Take these” she said, pretty much shoving mints into my mouth. I couldn’t help but laugh as I took them and started chewing them. “Thanks, Brit” I said and hooked my arm around hers as we walked back inside.

We went through the kitchen to walk around and back into the living room but stopped when we saw Kathrine and Dean facing each other, talking. I saw Dean was giving her his hard stare and I noticed Brit was sending her daggers but I was just staring her down, giving her the biggest death stare ever.

“Oh Melissa, hello Darling. Dean and I were just having a chat”

I think you should get out of my kitchen” I said, very harshly and monotonously.

She just clenched her teeth together and simply walked out of the kitchen and into the living room. “I don’t like her” Brit hissed and even thought we both know it was unnecessary for her to say, I know she said it for me to let me know she was still on my side.

“I don’t like her here” I said.

“I don’t know what she’s doing here” Dean finished with just as much venom as we had and Sam walked in. “I thought Kathrine knew nothing about demons and the supernatural”

“She didn’t…at first. But, when she found out about all of it, she learned fast. Will taught her all the strings and she actually is a really good hunter…” Sam explained.

We all stared him down as my face probably looked like he just stabbed me 20 times. “But, we still don’t like her” he added, quickly. Brit rolled her eyes, I scoffed and walked away. “Really, man?” I heard Dean say. I just ignored them both though.

I saw Mark was sitting outside in the van that the Campbells, George and Kathrine loaded up so I walked outside and walked over to the van, looking in through the passenger side window at him and I was able to see some weapons in the back. Really, I was just out here to talk to someone new. I already talked to George, it wasn't really my place to just go up and talk to Samuel, Gwen seemed annoying and bossy, Christian seemed arrogant and lord knows I didn't want to talk to Kathrine...so it left me with Mark who has said only two words around me and it was only him calling me hot.

"Hey" I nodded my head at him while he was looking through a monocular. He pulled it away from his face but didn't even look at me. "You don't talk much, do you" I assumed.

"Do I make you nervous? I make some people nervous. They say it's just this look that I have that makes people nervous...people who don't talk to me and create a conversation with me, so I would stop babbling, makes me nervous"

He actually cracked a smile at that one but it quickly disappeared when he put the monocular back up to his eye. "Any sign of them?" I asked, trying to see what he was staring at.

"Six Djinn off in the trees" he said, handing me the monocular.

I looked through it and he directed it in the right direction and I saw he was right. Six Djinn were out there, waiting to strike. "God damn it" I said, really annoyed as I gave Mark back his monocular and stormed inside.

"Okay, those Djinn are just sitting out there, watching us. Everybody's got to clear out. They're not gonna come in here until me, Brittney, Dean and Sam are alone"

"So, what, we’re supposed to leave you here with no backup?" Samuel questioned and I knew he was talking about him and George.

"Mel's right. They're smart. They'd wait till they weren't so outnumbered" Sam said.

Samuel looked to George for an answer. George nodded. "Alright, we won't be far. You call when they come, you hear?" Samuel instructed. We all nodded. "Alright, pack up. We're out of here"

A while passed by and it was fully dark outside now and I walked into the kitchen and pulled out my lemon pie I had made. I took out a fork and took a bite from it and leaned my back against the counter as Dean, Brit and Sam walked in, so it was just the four of us, chilling in the kitchen. Dean took my fork and took a bite of the pie. I offered Sam and Brit their own forks. They stared at them at first and then took the forks.

"You okay?" Brit asked and they both took bites of the pie.

"I’m fine" I muttered, crossing my arms, still leaning against the counter.

"Mmmm this is good pie" Sam said.

"Thanks. I made it"

"No, you didn't" he laughed, not believing me. I gave him a look and he became serious. "Mel...this is the best pie I’ve ever tasted"

He took another bite and I laughed under my breath. "Mel, you’re not fine" Brit said.

"Of course she's not fine. This is...this is crazy. I mean, you two, grandpa..." Dean said to Sam and Brit. "Grandpa Stern, crazy bitch mommy..." he gestured to me. "Whoever brought you all back..."

"They don't want to be found" Sam finished.

Then, he went into the fridge and took out the milk. He held it up to show me. I pointed to a cabinet, as if reading his mind and he opened the cabinet and took out a cup to pour himself some milk. I loved how Sam didn't ask for milk and he just took it...I've always wanted something like that, where the family is so close that it's comfortable all the time...but I couldn't even enjoy it cause of the damn Djinn.

"Yeah, I get that. But who are they, and what do they...what do they want? Why?" Dean continued. "That's a good question" Brit said.

Then there was silence and something suddenly occurred to me. "Do you guys remember it?" I asked Sam and Brit...and by the look on Deans face, he was thinking about the same thing.

"What?" Brit asked.

"The cage" Dean said.

"Yeah" Sam said but he didn't seem to phased. "You didn't dream about us being down there like you did for Dean?" Brit asked me.

"Well not exactly...I imagined what it was like so much that my dreams would keep me up at night but with Dean, it was like I was down there with him, feeling everything he felt and the dreams wouldn't let me wake up so I don't know exactly what you guys went through"

"But, you could say that you’ve been to Hell, then...we all have"

"Yea...I guess so..."

"Do you guys...want to...?" Dean started. "No" they both said quickly.

"Well, if anybody can relate..."

"Dean, we don't want to talk about it. We're back. We get to breathe fresh air, have a beer, hunt with our family, see you guys again..." Sam said, looking from his brother to me.

"So, why exactly would we want to think about hell?" Brit finished.

"And you really think..." Dean started as I sighed and turned around to cut some more pie.

I looked up and froze as I peered into Sid's house. Diane was there too and they were being attacked by Djinn. I gripped onto Deans arm so he would look. We both grabbed the shots with the Djinn cure in them and we went to dash for the door but Brit and Sam grabbed a hold on us.

"Guys, they're already dead, and you know it" Sam said. "This is happening because of us!" Dean grunted and took off outside.

"Dean!"

I stared into Brits eyes and I saw how she was begging me to stay but I couldn't. I ripped my arm away from her and sprinted to the door but when I got there, a Djinn was in front of me and I went to react quickly and kick him but I wasn't fast enough and the djinn punched me so hard, I flew across the room. I grunted as I got to my feet, fast, and four djinn came into my house. Brit and Sam grabbed two of Deans golf clubs and started swinging at them. One grabbed a hold of Brit and threw her into a few pictures and a lamp that was on a side table and it all broke ito big pieces.

Then, Sam threw one of the Djinn into a shelf with an angel on it, so the angel fell and broke. "Okay that I never liked that anyway. It was Abbeys" I shrugged.

Brit just gave me a look and then I felt vibrations from behind me so I ducked, spun around and kicked him back. "I don't have time for this" I said, annoyed.

I grabbed one of Deans golf clubs as well, tossed it up in the air, caught it, and swung, knocking a djinn in the head so he fell to the ground, unconscious so there were two djinn, still fighting and one was trying to get up. "I’m going for Dean" I said and raced out.

I raced over to Sid's and walked in, cautiously. I saw Sid and Diane on the floor...and I didn't see them breathing...but I didn't want to believe anything... "Sid...Diane..." I whispered, about to bend down to them.

But then I heard footsteps from behind and even though I was fast, the djinn was slightly faster and she grabbed my neck as she started to strangle me while I dropped the club. "You know, you’re making this too easy. Why don't you go join your lover…but this time...neither of you will be coming back. This is for our father you bitch" she spat as I felt my face start to crack with my veins starting to show while this chick was working her magic on me.

"I don't think so, whore" I spat, gasping for air.

I grabbed her hand and peeled it off my neck. She may have been slightly faster but I was stronger. I twisted her arm back and threw her across the room. Then, the sixth djinn stalked over to me as I picked up the club and fought him off. I swung a few times, he dodged all the swings and then grabbed it but I quickly pushed it into his face and I heard his nose crack. He grunted, stumbling back and I kicked him down and started to just keep hitting him with the club until I knew he wouldn't get up. Then, I tossed the club to the side but made it hit the other djinns head so I was sure she was out too.

I heard Dean start to yell and panic. "Dean!" I grunted and rushed into Sid’s living room.

I found him, lying on the floor, tossing and turning. "Melissa! Jesse!" he yelled out.

"Dean, I'm right here. It's okay..." I tried but I knew it wouldn't work.

"Chris, Abbey..." he whispered. "Jesse, no! Don’t do it!" he grunted and continued to toss and turn like he was sustained.

He started to sob though and tears started to slide down the sides of his face. "Melissa! Nooo!" he cries out and started to fight more against his invisible restraints. "Melissa!"

That one was more of a cry, rather than yell. "Babe, I'm here! In here!" I tried again, trying to look around for where the cure fell out of my pocket.

I found it and injected it into Dean quickly. His eyes shot open and he sat up in his spot, sweating and shaking a little, ready to take me out. But I grabbed his face in my hands so he would stare into my eyes and he started to calm down right away as his body was just a little tense and he stared at me with wide, fast moving eyes, making sure it was me.

"It’s okay...I'm here. I'm right here" I said, gently, stroking his cheek with my thumb.

He grabbed my hand with his and pulled me into his arms so tightly, it was hard for me to breath. It was an awkward hug since my neck was twisted upward but no matter what kind of hug it was, I still felt safe in his arms while we both just sat there in silence.

~~~~~~~~

We got back to the house, to Sam and Brit and saw they did a pretty good job, finishing off the djinns. "...so, Samuel, George, Kathrine and the cuzzes...?" Dean asked.

"Don't know. They left in a hurry. We're meeting them back at their place" Sam said. "You guys...coming with us?" Brit asked.

"No. No, we're going back for Jesse, abbey and Chris" Dean answered.

"I thought you said..."

"We changed our mind" I said quickly.

I just kept my arms crossed and I was kind of discreetly eyeing Dean. I wanted to know what he saw...but I wasn't going to push it. "Look, we practically shoved you two together...and at them..." Sam said.

"That's a funny way to put it, but all right" Dean said.

"We're just saying..." Brit started but stopped to find her words. "We really wanted that for you guys. And when we told you to go..."

"We thought you could have it, you know? But now...I'm not so sure. I mean, you got to consider the fact that you'll be putting them in danger if you both go back" Sam added.

I narrowed my eyes at both of them. "So, it's better to just leave all of them unprotected and alone...that'll make them not be in danger? We did this to them...we made them vulnerable the moment we knocked on their door and we can't go back and undo it...but what we can do is go with the best option that we have"

"I hear you, Mel...we just wish you guys were coming"

"Why?" Dean asked.

"Don't be stupid" Brit said.

"No, I mean it. I mean, you know plenty of good hunters. We're both rusty. I did something seriously stupid going out there. I almost got us all killed"

"And that's exactly why we want you"

"What are you talking about?"

"You just went. You didn't hesitate...and Mel, you didn't think twice about going to help Dean...you just went the second you knew we could handle the djinn...and it's because you care, and that's who you are. Me? I wouldn't even think to try" Sam said.

Brit shook her head and shrugged, agreeing with him. "Yes. You would" Dean argued and I just furrowed my eyebrows.

"No, Dean. Really...it's just better with you two around. That's all" Brit said.

There was silence and we all just exchanged looks. "Listen...She should be hunting. Take her" Dean said, holding out the keys to the Impala.

Brit smiled a thankful smile at him and then so did Sam "Thanks. Really. But I already got my car set up how I like it...we should hit the road"

"At least take the pie to go" I said and rushed into the kitchen to just wrap tin foil around what was left of the pie.

"Come on, we'll walk you guys out" I offered a smile and we all walked outside as dawn was approaching. "Keep in touch, okay?" I said and gave them both looks as I handed Sam the pie.

"Of course" Brit sighed, smiling. "It was really good to see you two again" Sam said.

We all just exchanged more looks and then Brit and Sam got into their fancy, silver car with Sam in the drivers seat and they drove off, down the street. I started to feel that empty void feeling...I started missing them already...and who knows when we'll see them again? I should’ve known it was going to be sooner than later.
♠ ♠ ♠
thats just the beginning of season 6. im trying to give some preview as to wuts to come. some fillers hidden in these passed couple chapters. hope u liked the normalcy i gave to Dean and Mel. stick with me cuz im excited for the next couple chapters and for future stuff :)

<<333