My Little Bubble , Needs To Be Popped

Two;

My brown eyes wandered over everything in my apartment, taking it all in. Subconsciously I was twirling my hair around my pointer finger, around and around as I tried to collect my thoughts. I’d actually just walked through the door, probably not even five minutes ago, and dropped my bag on the floor by the front door before coming to the couch.

Work was rather…interesting? It’s always nice when you walk in and they’re smiling at you with those toothy grins that tell you’re getting fired, something has come up for you, or you’re moving up. I guess it was just one of those days where something came up.

I can remember just walking into the office of my boss after putting my stuff up, the way he even smiled told me something was going on.

My right leg was crossed over my left, my foot bouncing in the air slightly as I watched my boss shift that papers around for a while. The little patience I had that morning was thinning, hating the way he seemed to be purposely dragging this out for me.

“You wanted to see me, sir?” I called out quietly, messing with my brown hair that was tumbling down my shoulders.

“Ah, yes. Lily you’ve been doing an outstanding job so I figured I set something up for you.”

Now I was interested in what he was saying. “What do you have in mind?”

“Well two choices really, one of them being that we send you off with a band and you’re job would be to come up with whatever you could to write an article for AP magazine or we’ll send you with a band to basically be co-manager. Whichever you prefer.”

I nodded to my boss, gnawing on my lip before answering the question that was in the air. “I’ll take the co-manager job.”

He smiled, obviously happy with my pick. “Alright, just sign this paper. After you do that there’s no changing your mind.”

So badly I wanted to roll my eyes simply because he was acting like a kid on Christmas, bouncing around in his seat; literally. My neat scrawled handwriting zoomed along the dotted line, feeling like I was signing my life away as I finished my signature.

“Good! I’ll set this aside for now. So Lily, I guess just pack your bags. You’ll be leaving tomorrow night to where the boys are and start from there.”

Again, I nodded. “May I ask what band I’ll be…co-managing?”

For a moment my boss looked confused before nodding like a bobble-head toy. “Oh, silly me, you’ll be with The Maine. Now get out of my office and go home.”


After that I just left without a word. I realize now why I felt like I was signing my life away because in a sense I had been. Sure, there was nothing wrong with the band itself, just one particular person. That would be John O'Callaghan. What does he have to do with this? Oh nothing really, just an ex-boyfriend who I really thought I had something with till he basically cheated on me with some blonde bimbo at a party.

At the end of our little argument at the party he’d told me to leave and as much as it hurt me, I did. Doesn’t mean I stopped loving him though any feelings I have for him now are locked away tight. What really hurt though was never hearing a word from John. I’d convinced myself after I left that he’d call or chase me but nothing.

Now the idea of having to go and spend a whole tour with him was…well I can’t really come up with a word to describe the feeling enough. I knew what was coming would probably be disastrous but maybe, just maybe, I could avoid John as much as possible. That’ll work…right?

Sighing I finally left the couch and headed down the hallway to my room, digging out the suitcase and setting on the bed. Whether I liked it or not I had to do this.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next Chapter ^^
Comment?