Rise of the Black Rose Fairy

6/6

Wedding bells could be heard all throughout the Fairy Kingdom. The entire kingdom had been invited to watch the union between Prince Johnny and Rose Sullivan. Rose had taken Jimmy's last name because she needed one. Queen Val had been helping Rose, who had been staying with Jimmy up until the date of the wedding, to get ready. Leana, Jimmy's new girlfriend, was going to be staying with him after Rose got married. It made her happy because then she wouldn't have to worry about leaving him alone.

Brian and Zacky were going to be attending the wedding. They had tried to shrink Jimmy and Leana so that they weren't so big during the wedding, but it hadn't worked. Rose thanked them for trying. Jimmy had agreed to play the piano for her wedding and she was happy about that. Leana had made her wedding dress and she loved it. She had it hidden from Johnny because she didn't want him to see it just yet. She believed in all the wedding superstitions, so she didn't want to risk anything.

The day of the wedding arrived and Rose woke up a happy person. She never would have thought that she would be getting married so soon after being born. It felt all so surreal and not normal, but she knew that she had feelings for him that went deep. The King and Queen adored her and were very intrigued that she didn't have wings like they did. Rose wasn't going to tell them what she knew about her particular race. She was different just like the rest of her people that were born from black roses. It was something that she was hoping to keep a secret because she didn't want them to think that she was using their son for anything because she wasn't. She truly loved Johnny and she was happy to finally be able to marry him.

Rose woke up at Jimmy's house and the Queen stopped by to oversee her getting ready. The Queen wanted everything to run smoothly. Rose was put through a shower and then some handmaidens that aided the Queen helped with her hair and make-up. Leana brought in her gown and she was helped into it. The gown was gorgeous. It was a simple one. It was mostly white, but Leana had stitched in some embroidery patterns with black thread. She had explained that it represented how Rose came from a black rose. It made Rose happy to hear. The back of the gown was backless, but it was held up with a halter like strap. Once the dress was in place Rose looked at the Queen for her opinion.

"You look gorgeous," the Queen smiled at her.

Rose grinned and then walked over to the little bed she used to sleep in. On her pillow was her jewelry that she was going to wear. It was a simple silver bracelet and a small pair of sapphire blue earrings. Once they were in place Rose finally felt like she was ready. She felt like she was an actual princess.

"Are you ready my dear?" the Queen asked.

"More than anything," Rose answered.

The Queen smiled at her and then held her hand out Rose. Rose grasped it and then was led out of Jimmy's bedroom where her little bed had been moved to since her return. She met Zacky in the hall. He was going to walk her down the aisle since Jimmy wasn't able to. Zacky took one look at her and grinned.

"You look absolutely stunning," he said.

Rose felt a blush creep up her cheeks. A small little cough was heard and Rose turned her head to see Jimmy standing in the hallway. He had a huge grin plastered on his face. He bent down and held his hand for Rose to step on. She did and he raised her up so that she could look him in the eyes.

"My tiny little sister is getting married," he said, happiness dripping in his voice.

Rose hugged his thumb that was sticking up. She looked up at him again. "I promise to come see you when I can," she said, not letting the tears escape. She didn't want to ruin her make-up before the ceremony.

"You better come and visit," he warned, but had a grin on his face.

Rose giggled. She loved his outrageous behavior. It made her laugh and smile. Leana was standing next to him with a smile of her own. "You look gorgeous dear," she said.

"Thank you. You made my dress and I thank you for that," Rose said.

"It was no big deal. I enjoyed making it for you," Leana answered.

Rose smiled at her and then let Jimmy carry her to the place where her wedding would be. Zacky and the Queen had already left. Rose was excited. She couldn't wait to see Johnny standing at the altar waiting for her to get there. The journey to the wedding ceremony wasn't long. Rose was sitting comfortably in Jimmy's hand as he walked. When they arrived, the Queen was waiting for her. Jimmy placed her down on the ground.

"Alright dear, it's almost time to start," she smiled.

Rose hugged the Queen before she watched her walk down the aisle. Two girls that Rose had never met walked down and started scattering rose petals down the aisle. She didn't have a maid of honor or any bridesmaids and Johnny didn't have anyone standing up with him either. Rose hadn't been around long enough to make friends so it was better to do it without people standing up with them. They had the entire Fairy Kingdom as witnesses, so
it wouldn't matter.

Jimmy had already gone to play the music for the ceremony. Leana was standing off to the side watching with a twinkle in her eye. Rose could see that she was good for him. She was happy that he had found someone who would be able to look after him. Rose took a deep breath and let it out just as the first notes of the wedding march began. With one more deep breath she started her walk down the aisle. Zacky was escorting her. She smiled at the people in the crowd. They would soon become her subjects and it was going to be a challenge, but she loved challenges.

Zacky kissed her cheek when they reached the altar. She smiled and gave him a hug before letting him place her hand into Johnny's. He had the largest grin on his face and it made him so adorable. His brown eyes sparkled with happiness and she was certain her blue orbs also sparkled. The ceremony was fast and simple. She and Johnny said their own vows and made the crowd chuckle with their humor. Once the vows were said and the rings were in place Johnny kissed her. This kiss was short, yet sweet. They parted and then turned towards the crowd. Johnny held out his hand and Rose placed hers in it.

"Let me be your wings," he whispered into her ear.

Rose smiled and then let him wrap his arms around her waist. He lifted her up and they shared another kiss. Johnny gracefully drifted down the aisle and at the very end of it Rose's body started changing. Johnny looked at his wife confused. "Rose?" he asked unsure.

Rose's body was engulfed in a bright white light and when the light finally vanished Rose had wings expanding from her shoulder blades. These wings were different though. These wings were shimmery black to depict that she had risen from a black rose. Rose looked behind her and smiled. She then looked to Johnny who had a huge grin on his face. Rose felt complete and whole. She kissed Johnny and grabbed his hand. Together they flew away from the ceremony with smiles on their faces. They were happy and that's all that mattered.
♠ ♠ ♠
So sorry for the delay in getting this out. I got busy with a lot of other stuff. I hope you enjoyed this short story because I had fun writing it. Thanks for sticking with me.