‹ Prequel: Pen to Paper
Status: Brand New

To Reality

Chapter Nine - Alex

Matt come over to my house that afternoon, around two. No Alice. But he wanted to talk about her. Specifically, me and her.

"You know her? Like that?" He asked me.

"She told you didn't you?" I sighed. "Look, Matt I don't her like that, we never did anything more than kiss. I'm sorry I didn't tell you, though."

"So it's okay, that we're together?" Matt asked, shrugging his shoulders.

"Why would I care, man. As long as your happy."

"Thanks man." he says with a smile.

"It's cool. Really."

Why did I have to go on lying? But I couldn't tell Matt the truth, I'm in too deep already.

"Actually, can you give me her number?" I asked, handing Matt my cell phone.

He entered in the number, unflinching, not daring to ask why I needed it. Maybe I wanted to take Jack's advice and tell Alice how I felt. Maybe I just needed to talk to her.

"Thanks man, I'll see you around." He nods his head and leaves.

As soon as Matt closes the door behind him. I start a text to Alice. We need to talk About ten minutes later Alice texted back.

AL: When and Where?

I was taken aback that she actually wanted to speak to me, you know, about everything that had happened. I was scared, because I didn't know what I would say. More importantly I didn't know what she would say.

AG: Where are you staying?

She replied almost instantly with the name of the hotel she was staying at.

AG: Is there a coffee shop, Starbucks anything like around?

AL: There's a coffee shop across the street.

AG: We can meet there. Around 4 or so?

AL: Sounds fine. See you Alex.

AG: See ya.

I set my phone down on the living room coffee table. I decided I needed a shower, so I went upstairs. I went into my room and set out a new pair of clothes. I removed the ones I had on and threw them in the laundry hamper. I sauntered into the bathroom and started the water, when it was warmed up completely I hopped in. I hummed as a washed my hair and body. I thought about what I would say to Alice, but I was still drawing a blank. I turned off the water and grabbed a towel. I dried off and walked into the bedroom. I pulled on the clean clothes. As I was pulling on my t-shirt I heard the front door close.

"Alex?" Lisa called. "Are you here?"

I waited a moment before walking quietly out of the room, to the top of the staircase. I had a perfect view of the living room where she was. Lisa was going through my phone.

"Hey!" I said loudly down at her, in a non threatening way of course.

"Oh, hi, I didn't know you were there." she said with a shakey voice.

"What are you doing?" I asked as I scurried down the staircase.

Guilt flooded her eyes, "Nothing. I just got home."

I picked my phone off the coffee table and shoved it into my pocket.

"Oh." I was playing dumb now.

"Let me help you with those groceries."

I took one of the grocery bags from her hand and started toward the kitchen. I had just set the bag down and had begun unpacking it when I heard Lisa, set the other bag down harder on the kitchen table.

"Is there something you want to tell me?" Lisa's voice was harsh, she was trying to guilt me.

"I'm sorry?"

"About Alice?"

"What about her?"

Lisa's back was turned to me now, she slammed a can of Ravioli on the table. "I ran into Matt at the grocery store. He told me about your past with her."

I sighed, "Nothing happened between us, Lisa."

She shot me that Do you think I'm a fucking moron? look.

"We kissed once like four years ago. It was nothing, really."

She gave me the look again.

"It really was nothing."

I heard a noise from my pocket. I pulled it out and it revealed that I had pocket dialed Alice. She had obviously heard the whole conversation. I quickly brought the phone to my hear.

"Hello?" I said frantically.

Then she hung up. I picked my keys from the hook in the kitchen and ran out the door. I had to see Alice, now. I didn't really care what Lisa thought anymore. I didn't care what anyone thought anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, so it's almost 4am and I'm exhausted.
This is what I came up with and I already can't wait for the next chapter.
Enjoy guys. ;]