Human Meets Angel

Crashing In Bins

"Arggghhhhh!" A scream pitched from upstairs and a little boy, the age of 13, sniggered in the living room.

The boy's brown mop hair fell over his eyes as he tried to stop himself for laughing out loud. Fairly skinny and the average height for his age he wore baggy shorts with no top. He couldn't risk taking too long to miss the torment upstairs from a safe distance.

"Collin! You're going to die!" The older sister, Ethel, shouted running down the stairs at full speed.

"Uh oh." Collin's head popped up from behind the sofa as he saw Ethel run in with medium-length, straight black hair. Collin hurriedly stood up keeping his distance from his sister and at the right moment ran out the living room to his mother and father's room for protection.

"Come here you brat!" Ethel called after Collin running up the stairs faster than ever.

Collin's heart raced and his legs pounded rapidly up the stairs to his parent's bedroom where he flung open the door and jumped into the bed with his mum and dad who were groaning with headaches.

"Collin," His father warned.

"What have you done now?" Collin's mother asked with a stern look.

"Collin!" Ethel stomped into the room and the parents looked at her wide eyed.

The dad was the first to burst out laughing and soon the mother joined and Collin took this as an ok sign to uncontain his hidden smirk.

"It's not funny! Stop laughing," Ethel ordered embarressed.

"Oh, I'm sorry darling, but... it's just... your hair!" Their mother said still trying to contain her giggles.

Ethel's fists curled angrily as she locked eyes with Collin. "You're dead," she threatened.

Collin gulped as Ethel jumped on the bed and grabbed Collin's top. With Ethel's right arm she swung a punch at Collin hitting him in the eye.

"Ethel!" Their father got off the bed and dragged Ethel out of the room to her own as Collin laid on the bed holding his face in pain.

"What do you think you're doing?!"

"He dyed my hair black and is all smug about it! He deserved it!" Ethel argued.

"You do not, under any circumstances, hit your brother."

"But-!"

"Ethel" Her father warned. "You're 17 years old. Act your age."

"But he-!"

"It doesn't matter what he did, Ethel. He's your brother, you do not punch him and besides it'll come out," Her father said referring to her hair.

"Yeah, after about 8 thousand washes!" Ethel said angrily dropping on her bed.

Her pillow was completely black from all the dye that had rubbed off her hair. She sighed angrily and closed her eyes.

"Look, I know Collin is a pain sometimes-"

"Try all the time," Ethel muttered.

"But you have to learn to get on with him and not retaliating. He'll get bored evenutally."

"What? So I have to suffer every little thing he does just so he can get away with it?"

"Oh no, he'll be punished. I'll make sure of that." Her father smiled warmly. "Just go to the bathroom and wash all the black off ok? It'll be fine."

Ethel's father kissed her forhead and walked out the room with an angry "Collin!". Ethel sighs and grabs a pair some clothes and a towel walking into the bathroom and locking the door.

After about an hour of being in the bathroom she realised her brother had used colour spray so all the colour eventually come off. She looked up at the mirror to see the reflection. Her vibrant orange hair tickled her neck as she swayed her head.

'Well, at least the black came out' she thought to herself and slipped on her jeans and pulled on a plain black t-shirt. Ethel went back to her room barging past her brother who didn't see her coming and slammed the door shut. She grabbed some odd socks not really bothering to find the right match and shoved them on her feet as well as some black converses. Ethel grabbed her shoulder bag and walked out her bedroom door.

"Hey, Ethel, there's this reall cool- Oof!" Collin stopped talking when he was once again barged past by Ethel.

"Brat."

He frowned and picked up the magazine he had dropped. He wanted to talk to her about an old Limp Bizkit interview.

'I guess she's still mad at me' He thought and went back to his room to quickly get ready for school and chase after Ethel.

Collin grabs his skateboard on the way out the door and jumps on the board trying to find Ethel in the crowds walking to school. He caught a glimpse of her hair and sped up.

"Ethel!" he shouted to try get her attention "Wait up!".

Many people looked behind to see who Collin was shouting to but Ethel just kept walking, hoping that her "sweet" brother wouldn't catch up. She walked faster as she heard her excuse for a brother's voice get louder.

"Hey! Ethel!" Collin grabbed Ethel's shoulder, picking up his skateboard and walking along beside her.

"I'm sorry about this morning, but you did over react! It was only a prank." Collin smuggly smiled. He looked up at his siter to see she was not the least bit amused and he watched her pull out her iPod.

Lately Ethel had been really moody and more aggressive than ever. Normally when Collin pulled a prank on her she'd chase him around and pin him on the floor, ruffling his hair or sticking her wet finger in his hair. He'd never admit it but he loved getting her attention. Collin steals her CDs, pretending he'd always liked them to have a conversation with her so that if she ever went to a concert she'd take him. Which she use to do before she got a boyfriend.

Collin hated Ethel's boyfriend. She spent less time in the house because of him. Though this week Collin guessed Ethel's boyfriend had been on holiday because she spent her time in her room on the phone to her friends or on the computor.

"Ethel. Ethel. Ethel. Ethel. Ethel. Ethel." Collin repeated in a sing song voice, loudly so Ethel could hear over her music.

She only rolled her eyes and turned her music up louder.

"Etheeeeeel," Collin whined.

"Collin?" Ethel asked taking her ear phones out of her ears.

"Yeah, sis?"

"Annoy me any more and I'll punch you again but harder and I'll tell all your friends you cried like a little girl," She warned and walked off into school leaving Collin alone and disapointed by the gates to wait for his friend, Ryan.

"Hey, Col'," Ryan waved with his own skateboard under his arm.

Ryan, was the same weight as Collin but a little smaller. His hair was black and spiked up, not in a mohawk style just randomly spiked up in places. Ryan's brown eyes really use to stand out when it was long. His eyes sometimes seemed to... glow? Ryan was always pale with wide eyes. Collin was grateful to have him as a friend.

"We ditching first lesson?" Collin asked

"Not in the mood for school today?" Ryan asked

"Not particularly." Collin shrugged and he followed Ryan to the Shopping Centre on his skateboard.

They bought icecreams and sat on a bench inside the shopping centre relaxing.

"Did the prank work then?" Ryan asked excitedly

"Yeah but now she's pissed off at me."

"Really? She didn't tackle you?"

"No... she punched me."

"Ouch." Ryan sounded pretty shock. He went into thought "Dude, you're sister's hot though."

Collin wrinkled his nose in digust "Err, shut up!"

"What? It's true," Ryan argued

"You're gross," Collin replied licking his icecream.

"Mornin' boys. Shouldn't you be in school?"

The boys looked up to see a police officer with his arms on his waists.

"Erm..." Ryan went to reply but Collin had another idea in mind "Run!"

Collin threw his icecream at the officer, and Ryan did the same, and they both grabbed their skateboards riding away from the officer.

Collin looked around to see the officer catching up to them. He jumped up on his skateboard picking it up in the air and ran through the centre at full speed. He was always faster on foot. He looked to his left then to his right to find Ryan but saw him no where.

"Aww man!" Collin panicked and ran faster out of the Shopping Centre not looking to see if he was still being chased. He ran around the back of the centre to an alleyway and hid behind the bins. Collin and Ryan had always said that if something bad was to happen while they were skipping class they would meet here.

He panted behind the bins and waited for his heart to slow down before looking to see if the coast was clear. No-one stood in the entrance of the alley and Collin took this as a sign that it was safe. He breathed and stood up slowly still aware that at any moment the police officer could come by.

CRASH!
"Woh!" Collin ducked back behind the bin a fright at the loud noise. He felt like he had jumped out of his skin. It sounded like something hit the bin. He waited for a few seconds crouched before advancing to find out what made the noise.

Collin looked around the floor at first but found nothing. He stared at the bin with caution and thought 'Maybe it's a cat or something?'.

Collin grew scared unsure of what it could be and kept trying to shrug the fear off as he walked up to the bin and leaning over to find out what had landed in there.

"Oh dude..." Collin gasped.

It had taken him a while for his eyes to adjust to what he was looking at but when he did shock took over. He was staring at a person. A guy, who was VERY pale, paler than Ryan. But that wasn't the strangest thing. He had dirty white, feathered wings.

Collin stared at the guy who looked like he was around Ethel's age, maybe older. Collin was pretty sure the guy was unconcious.

Well, it wasn't really a guy.
But an angel.
♠ ♠ ♠
Introduction to characters and all.
And everything's about to start from here.
Not that it hadn't already...