Human Meets Angel

Melted Icecreams

Ethel stormed into the school leaving her brother alone after her threat. "What a brat," she grumbled to herself and walked to her locker shoving her bag inside and slammed it closed. She rested her head against her locker trying to calm down as people walked past staring at her. She could tell people knew what had happend between her and Brad and they were all gossiping about it as they walked past trying to fill in the missing pieces with rumours.

The bell rang and she walked to her tutor room to sign in. Once opening the door all eyes were on her. It took her a while to figure out why. Her eyes went straight to the back of the classroom where her ex-boyfriend was playing tonsil tennis with some girl.

"Eurgh." Ethel rolled her eyes and turned around out of the classroom slamming the classroom door shut.

The last thing anyone needs to see, after a week of splitting up, is their ex getting up close and personal infront of people with a random girl. She sighed as she walked back to her locker, trying to waste time before first lesson. Which she didn't really want to go to anymore.

"Ethel!" A voice called from down the hall.

Ethel smiled to herself as she turned to face her best friend, Carly. "Hey," Ethel greeted Carly with a hug. To Ethel Carly was perfect in every way. Physically and personality. Carly's natural colour is dark brown but she had it dyed blonde and pink and put them in big braids. She was about twi inches taller than Ethel with dark skin. Carly worked out often so she had muscle and a toned stomach and slightly curvy.

"I saw you come into tutor. Oh that Brad! He's deserves a real good kick!" Carly said releasing Ethel. "I could go kick him if you wanted me to?" Carly suggested

"Oh yes please," Ethel laughed and linked arms as she pulled her bag out of the locker.

"He was really out of order. I ended up chucking a few, well... alot, of rubbers at him," Carly said proud of herself. She looked over Ethel then stared at her hair "Have you done something differen't with your hair? It's gone abit darker or something."

"Argg. That would be my annoying brother's fault."

"What did he do?"

"Used black colour hair spray last night while I was asleep."

"Oh harsh..." Carly said biting her lip. "Well, it's not noticable."

"Ohh yeah... thanks." Ethel rolled her eyes.

"No seriously, no-one'll notice! You're too ugly compared to me," Carly joked with a grin and Ethel laughed resting her head on Carly's shoulder.

The deal with Carly and Ethel is that they had their own style. They refused to fall under stereotypes of the average girl. They dyed their hair strange colours and practised boxing and weight lifting. They went shopping every Friday after/during school to their favourite market place and charity shops for cheap clothes. They both had always thought and agreed that they had the best type of clothes. If there was a pice of clothing that either Ethel and Carly wished to change they'd spend the weekend locked in either's room working on it with films, music and lots of food and drink.

Unfortunately they hadn't done that in a while. Not since Ethel started dating Brad and Carly went out with Lewis a week later. They hadn't managed to do alot together over the months they'd been with their boyfriends but they'd always, somehow, found time to see eachother atleast once a week.

"Hey, how about shopping tomorrow? Just you and me." Carly asked

"What about Lewis?" Ethel asked with concern

"I think he can manage an afternoon and evening without me, Ethel." Carly kissed the top of Ethel's head. "And besides, you need me more."

"Ohh I don't feel like double English Lit. Can we go shopping now?"

"Why dear Ethel? You wish to leave school grounds this fair morning?" Carly smirked

"I do indeed," Ethel joked along and they both discreetely ran down the halls giggling and out through the school gates.

Once at the shopping centre they walked around looking through shop windows for a while when Carly stopped looking down at her shoe.

"Argg!" Carly groaned

"What's wrong?" Ethel asked with curiousity

"I've trod in some bloody icecream."

"Ohh no way. Really?" Ethel looked down at Carly's feet to see it covered in vanilla icecream.

"Ohh I hate people sometimes."

"You mean all the time," Ethel joked. "Come on, let's go to the toliets and get some tissue or something. We can go back to my house after, yeah?"

"Aren't your 'rents in?"

Ethel looks at her phone for the time "Nah, they'll be long gone to work by now."

A while later the girls walk to Ethel's house which isn't that far from the Centre. Ethel opens the door happily and Carly closes it. They walk into the living room and both crash on the sofa.

"Ohh, I'm never leaving," Ethel groans.

"You're telling me. My legs kill."

They laugh at eachother's pain when they hear a thud upstairs. Both Carly and Ethel pause looking at the ceiling.

"What was that?" Carly asks.

"Something probably fell off the shelf..." Ethel said trying to convince herself and slowly got up walking towards the stairs.

"Say if... if it wasn't?" Carly stood behind Ethel holding her hand. Ethel gladly took it and gripped tightly. They began to advance up the stairs. Breathing slowly. Trying not to make a sound. They both crept up the stairs and stopped when they heard a voice.

"Argg. You heavy loaf, stay there!"

Ethel stood up straight and looked at Carly annoyed. She then walked up to Collin's bedroom door and pushed it open "What're you doing here Collin?"

Collin jumped out of his skin and stood up by his bed "N-n-nothing. Get out of my room!"

"Why? You came in my room last night," Ethel said smugly walking in followed by Carly.

Ethel and Carly's eyes moved straight towards the bed and their mouths dropped.

"Collin... why is there a guy sleeping on your bed?" Ethel asked aggitated.

"I... He... Erm..." Collin couldn't think of what to say or even begin to answer that question.

"Collin," Ethel warned

"Get out of my room!" Collin shouted and tried to shove Ethel backwards out through his door. Ethel grabbed his hands and pushed him aside. She walked over to the young man on the bed and checked for a pulse. She scanned him with her eyes to see he was bleeding in places and was wearing some strange angel costume.

"Collin, what happend to him and why is he here?"

"You wont believe me," Collin sulked looking down at his feet.

"Collin! We need to know what happend to him," Carly said kneeling down beside Collin.

Thoughts and arguements ran through Collin's head. Eventually he shook his head with a sigh. "I was standing by the bins behind the shopping centre and well..." Collin stopped and looked up at Carly and Ethel. He bit his lip and decided on what he was going to say.

"Well...?" Carly urged Collin to carry on.

"Well... I think that... Well... He fell from the sky!" He blurted out finally. "He's an angel who fell down from the sky! He landed in the bins and I carried him home. People thought I was mad but I just said it was my drunk older brother."

There was a silence and Collin waited for someone to speak. His feet shuffled uncomfortably and he looked from Carly to Ethel. They stared at him with their mouths open. They weren't sure how to take what Collin had said in. Ethel finally shook her head and spoke;

"Collin... Did you happen to hit your head?"