Human Meets Angel

Unexpected truths and visitor.

Collin sat there in disbelief "No! I didn't hit my head! I'm telling the truth! He fell from the sky!"

Ethel turned to Carly "Maybe he's a jumper?"

"Yeah... I think he might be an all. What do we do? He's still alive but he's all bloody. We should call the ambulance, I mean we'll get in trouble for moving the body but, you know, as long as he gets help, mentally as well as physically."

"'We'll get in trouble'? Oh no, Collin will get in trouble. He's the one who brought him here."

"You guys can't call an ambulance! He's an angel! And what do you mean by 'He's a jumper'? What're you talking about?!"

Ethel irritatedly stared down at her brother "For God's sake! He's suicidal!"

"What?" Collin asked confused

"Do you not know anything?" Ethel said getting agitated. "A suicidal person is when someone wants to-"

"I know what suicidal means!" Collin whined

"Collin," Carly said calmly "You said that guy fell from the sky? We think that he was on top of the Shopping Centre building and jumped off where you were."

"No! He fell from the sky! He has wings! Look!" Collin scrambled past Carly and Ethel over to the unconscoius guy and lifted up the blanket that had been over him. Once the covers had been taken away Carly and Ethel saw the white, feathered wings, slightly ruffled in places.

"Ok... He's not suicidal," Ethel nodded. "He's a bloody maniac."

"Agreed." Carly shook her head. "He's not an angel, Collin. He's just dressed up as one."

"No! He is! He is! The wings go into his back!"

"They're probably glued on, Collin," Carly softly explains.

"I didn't believe it either at first, but he is! I know he is!"

"You did hit your head didn't you?" Ethel said. "Mum and dad are going to go mental when they find him in here..." She pondered

At that moment there was a knock on the door and Ethel, Collin and Carly all looked at eachother.

"Who's that?" Ethel asked Collin

"How am I meant to know?" Collin retorted

"Did you tell anyone about this?" Ethel questioned

"No."

"Are you sure?"

More knocks were heard on the door as if whoever was outside was desperate to get in.

"Yeah."

"Well, there's only one way to find out who it is," Carly said turning on her heel heading downstairs for the door.

"No! Carly! There's more than one way!" Ethel quietly called after her and she ran down the stairs and Collin followed her.

Carly knelt by the window next to the door and slowly peaked through. "Oh come on Ethel, did you actually think I was going to open the door?" Carly smirked and Ethel grinned kneeling beside her.

"Collin, it's for you. Panic over," Carly said happily and skipped away into the kitchen.

Ethel looked through the window and saw a small boy, the same age as Collin and Ethel sighed with relief "It's Ryan." Ethel walked past Collin into the kitchen.

Collin gulped and opened the door and Ryan jumped in closing the door quickly, he was breathing pretty hard "That security guard has been chasing me for two hours! And I lost him and ran to the bins but you weren't there so I decided to come here. The the security guard saw me again so I had to run. I've dropped my skateboard somewhere, I'm sure," Ryan sulked. "Why weren't you at the bins?"

"I was... But some pretty strange stuff happend."

"What happend?" Ryan asked interested

"Come up stairs and I'll show you." Collin ran up the stairs skipping a step and Ryan quickly followed him.

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, Carly and Ethel drank some water.

"I can't believe that idiot. Bringing some random guy here," Ethel growled

"He probably didn't know what to do. I mean if a guy jumps off a bulding dressed as an angel, what would you do?"

"Call the psychiatric ward," Ethel sneered

"I'm being serious, Ethel."

"And so am I! How can that idiot really think angels excist?"

"Ethel... You do know that your brother believes in God right?" Carly told her.

"What? No he doesn't." Ethel shook her head confused.

"When I slept round the other week, I caught him praying by his bed. I thought he was talking to himself so I had a closer look and, Ethel, he was praying. I'm sure of it."

"Well if he believes in God what has that got to do with believing in angels?"

"Wow Ethel, considering he's your brother, you don't know very much about him do you?"

"What're you on about?"

"Ethel, didn't you notice that he has books on angels in his room? They've been there for years. And he has these arch angel cards, you know? The names of the arch angels and what they do and bring to people? How could you not notice?"

"I... I don't know. Are you sure?" Ethel was bewildered by these facts and the more she thought about what Carly had told her the more she had realised she was telling the truth. She has heard Collin praying before, but she always assumed he was talking to herself or it was nothing. And she had seen those cards and books, millions of times but she had just forgot.

The front door opened and a female voice could be heard talking on the phone. "Simon, if we don't get the papers in soon we'll loose this, and you know as well as I do that we really need this client... Yeah... Yeah... Yeah... Bring the material in later and I'll bring the design- What're you two doing here?" Ethel's mum stopped in her tracks in the kitchen door staring at them. "Sorry Simon but I've got to go." and she hung up. "I asked you a question, girls"
♠ ♠ ♠
Please note, this story doesn't have much to do with Religion, it's just something that MAY come up later. Don't be put off if you don't like religious stories.
I repeat, this is not a story about religion, it's just something that makes sense to put in here because of the Angel situation. Let's face it, if a real Angel was in your bedroom I'm pretty sure most of you, including myself would go "Erm... Hey God... You up there?"

=D