Human Meets Angel

Gulping Away.

Ethel gulped and licked her lips ready to speak but Raphael beat her to it.

"I would be grateful if you told no-one of my..." He pondered off, moving closer to her. She felt slightly threatened of him now, fidgeted as she looked up at him. "Secret. Not that it would be believable. They would take you to an assylum faster than you could utter a word about my secret. You understand?"

Tension snapped and forced its way into the air and Ethel found herself gulping again, realising this so called "Angel" was threatening her. No words would release as she had no clue as of what to reply, instead she stood silently gawping and shocked at what she had thought was meant to be a helping and kind mythical creature.

Raphael's face kept its stern look as it turned his back on Ethel and walked over to the window opening it.

"Wait!" Ethel shouted and ran over pushing him away from the window.

"Don't worry, I can fly remember, I'm not going to di-"

"I don't care about you! My brother brought you here and cared for you and helped heal you. He worships Angels and your just going to leave without thanking him? Well, whether you want to or not I refuse to let you fly off without talking to him. He's the reason you were hiding under my bed! If it had been up to me you'd have been in an asylum yourself ages ago! So go and say thank you to him!". Ethels burst of anger had managed to jolt her out of her dumbfoundness.

Raphael seemed to be gritting his teeth and Ethel once again gulped at his angered expression. His glistening eyes stared at the door for a few seconds and then he looked back at Ethel. "Your brother knows of me aswell?"

"I just said he was the one that found you," Ethel replied trying to put up a wall dripping with 'Are you an idiot?'.

"What is your brother's name?"

"Don't you know it? Aren't you Angels meant to be clever?"

"I'm not psychic." Raphael hissed, making Ethel realise she'd struck a nerve. This made her mouth twitch a smile of satisfaction.

Ethel relaxed, playing it cool, "Collin."

The Angel sped towards the door swinging it open and walking out of the room.

With a raised eyebrow Ethel wondered how he'd know where Collin's room was, but then she heard Raphael's footsteps stop and Ethel seemed to be leaning closer to the door trying to figure out what he was doing.

Someone, who Ethel figured could only be Raphael, cleared his throat and quietly called "Collin?" down the hallway.

***************************************************************************************************

"Collin?" someone called from the hallway and Collin looked away from his xbox not recognising the voice. He stood up after pausing the game and slowly stepped towards the door with a "Yeah?"

He stopped a few metres infront of the door curiously and the door knob twisted and with it the door creaked open. A face cautiously peered through the gap and glittering eyes, intense and solid, stared into Collin's.

"It's-It's you!" Collin gasped excitedly. "How are you? Are you still in pain? I can get you pain killers if you want? Or have you healed completely now? Do all Angels have that ability? Woh, where have your wings gone? Can I see? Or are you protective of them? I tried to take care of them as much as I could but I ha-"

Collin spoke fast and The Angel couldn't help but be intrigued by the boy. Collin abrutely stopped talking when Raphael began laughing a little and he smiled down at him.

"I'm fine, Collin. Your sister told me what you have done for me, and I want to thank you for that. It is much appreciated and will never be forgotten."

"You're leaving?" Collin sadly replied.

"I have to get back to where I came from. I left there with unfinished buisiness."

Collin stood quietly staring at his feet then quickly looked back up at the Angel, "Did you mean to come here?"

"I'm afraid not. This was an accident. I'm sorry if I have troubled you." The Angel replies appologetically.

"No! No! It weren't any trouble! I didn't mind, honest!" Collin panicked.

The Angel smiled again, "Goodbye, Collin," and turned to walk out the door.

"Wait!" Collin ran over to the Angel and he turned facing him again. "What's your name?"

The Angel looked at Collin almost oblivious to what Collin had asked but replied, "Raphael."

"The Arch Angel?!" Collin beamed with even new excitement and believed that this was the best day of his life.

Raphael stood shocked at the boy beneath him and gulped looking away from his eyes. Unnoticed by Collin, Raphael gritted his teeth again and bent down to Collin's level.

"Yes, but you cannot tell anyone. No-one must ever know I was here." Raphael said slowly so Collin could hear and understand every word.

"No problemo!" Collin said happily giving him two thumbs up.

Smiling warmly at Collin he said goodbye once again and briskly walked out the door closing it behind him finding Ethel glaring at him. Raphael stared back at Ethel with no expression. Neither moved and more anger boiled in Ethel's stomach, 'He could be nice to him but has to threaten me?'

"Are you leaving or what?" She snapped hoping he'd just leave.

Raphael said nothing nor removed his gaze from her eyes. She angrily sighed not being able to look at him anymore and walked into her room slamming the door. She leaned her back up against the door to hear Raphael's footsteps heavily going down the stairs and 7 seconds preciesly, the front door closing.

As soon as the door had closed, Ethel's eyes watered slightly and she closed them tight, so she wouldn't cry. Ethel eventually breathed out of her nose and tried to gulp to wet her now dry throat.