Human Meets Angel

Creep.

Rotting green and purple skin slowly disintergrated enough to see the cheek bones, his straw hat covered his forehead and eyes but what Ethel could make out, they were a dark crimson red. Ethel was glad that he wore long jeans to cover his feet, and a long checked t-shirt, because of the red patches all over his clothes that made her body want to run away and gag. Not to mention the vile smell that wafted around the area.

The sun gleamed through the trees hitting part of what looked like the 70-year-old Hillbilly. Much to Ethel's relief, he grumbled in agony and took a step back under the shade, hiding more details of his devastating body.

"Damn sun," His hand swept the blood sweat trickling from left temple. He looked down at his bloody hand, almost fascinated and mesmerised at the blood oozing off his fingers. Looking up at Ethel he smiled and wiped the blood on his checked shirt, making a red smear mark. "You aint gonna go screaming now are y'a? It's all natural sources from the body y'know."

Ethel, still frozen in her place and shaking violently with fear, tried to shake her head in reply but wasn't quite sure if she succeeded.

The Hillbilly chuckled, "Good t'know. Now, you're a special little lady aren't y'a? I can smell it all over you,"

The violent shaking began slowing down as Ethel concentrated on what he was saying with a curious interest.

"All that angst and hate, it's reakin' so much even the Underworld can taste y'a,"

"Wait, I'm not-" Ethel began to disagree.

"Now, now, little lady, let me finish. I gots a proposition for you." He walked closer into the burning light. "Somethin' I wants you t'think about." He grinned, baring all his uneven and grimly yellow teeth.

"I don't think I-" Protesting, Ethel started backing away from the Hillbilly preparing to make a run for class.

"Don't make me angry, little lady," He sang with a glimer in his eyes that Ethel found frightening. "Hear me out and I'll let you go to your own daily life."

Ethel breathed, if she gets this over with the quicker she can go to the safety of her tutor room.

"We can give you power greatly desired by many, if you wish it. We can show you a different World, one more... Thrilling than this one."

"What do you mean?"

The Hillbilly smiled, "Ever wanted to be a Demon, Ethel? You'd be good at it, I can tell."

Ethel shivered at the sound of her name escaping his lips. And a sudden realisation of the change in accent.

"Full of hate... Yes... Envy... I can feel the sin weaping off you, and let's not talk about the wrath that slowly builds within your veins. We've never seen a human evaporate into someone like you for a long time. Not for a very long time..."

Shaking her head, Ethel couldn't see the connection they had made between the person they were talking about and the person she was. "I think you've got the wrong person."

"No, no, little lady," The Hillbilly's accent came back, "We're certain it's you. It can only be you. He sees great potential in you and can't wait for you to become one of us."

Ethel's eyes scanned over his body and she grimaced, she did not want to be one of them.

"When you decide it's time to join us, you give me a call."

Once again curiousty shot through her veins and she couldn't help but ask, "How do I contact you?"

The Hillbilly chuckled, "Curiousity killed the cat... But in this case, just call my name. Just call out for Davey. I'll hear y'a, you can be sure of that, little lady." Davey stepped backwards into the shade and eventually dissapeared into dust.

Ethel took a hesitant breath before making a move to her tutor room. 'I think... I need to talk to Raphael...'
♠ ♠ ♠
Quite short :S But I didn't want to start the next part as it's in Collin's P.O.V.