Casimir Pulaski Day

When you kissed my neck and I almost touched your blouse

Her scent is strong in my nose and my heart longs to be a part of her. She kisses my neck and I reach up to touch her when we hear a loud crash downstairs. Neve looks at me, asking if we don’t have to go look so we can be alone. I decide I need to make sure everything is ok. I finally make my way downstairs only to see someone accidentally dropped a glass. I let a breath out and go back upstairs to find tons of people. Somehow someone found our secret and invaded it with more lights, more weed and more alcohol. Neve is on the window seat, glee spreading across her face. I go to her and see what she sees. A huge aqua blue pool with a lot of people in it. She looks at me with excitement, the mischief growing in her eyes. I take her hands and we run screaming like Indians down the stairs, our hands meeting our “O” shaped lips with a high pitched noise. People start point and laughing and we make it to the pool. Neve reaches it and jumps off the diving board, diving beautifully into the abyss. I gape at her as she comes up, beaming, water pouring over her lovely features. I run up and do a huge cannon ball, completely soaking her. We laugh and splash in the water with everyone else. Soon the games begin.

It is 3:00 in the morning. Neve is walking to me through the crowd of now, too drunk teens wasting away on the dance floor. Her face is exasperated and I can’t help but giggle at her cuteness. She nudges me and says in my ear
“Let’s go for a walk”
I nod and we get out of the house at long last, taking a breath of the warm night air. Michael’s back yard is amazing, like a paradise. We walk down the dirt path that leads to the small wooden tree house that sits overlooking an orchard. Neve climbs her way into the tree and lays down on her stomach her elbows at the edge. Below her is a fairly large drop but she doesn’t seem to mind. I join her and we look at the moonlit landscape before us. Then she looks at me with her big violet eyes and her wild blonde hair. She kisses me and we lay on our backs, holding hands, looking at the sky. All is perfect.

By the time we are home we are both wide awake, the early morning beginning to grow on us. Already we are looking forward to the next party, the next best night of our lives. Neve is drunk and so am I but not as much as her. As we drive she points out things she sees.
“Oh look Finn, a white picket fence. I just love that”
And “I think in my past life I was a bird. No really. I honestly feel that way. Something inside m is just ready to fly away into the night sky”
I smiled at her when she said that and she knew what I was thinking, despite how drunk she was. I stopped the car far away from my house so I wouldn’t wake Sammy who would be fast asleep after a long day. We got out of the car and she giggled and ran over to me jumping on my back in happiness. I laughed and tugged her along the way and suddenly she whispered in my ear
“Finn….I’m getting very….what is that word? Tired. Yes. I would like to……sleep.”
I slowed down and let her get off my back and said
“Would you like me to carry you? I think I can manage.” I watched as her eyes filled with glee and she stepped closer to me. I put my arms around her and let her weight be taken on to mine and I walked her down the road. A long road it was, but worth it. She closed her eyes and fell asleep, in complete and utter bliss, her arms wrapped around me all the while. When I finally reached her house I opened the door and carefully closed it behind me, should her father show up. I set her gently laid her down on her bed. She moved a bit as I took off her clothes, replacing them with a T-shirt. After I had finished I took out her hair, letting it lay wild and free on the bed. I then kissed her on the forehead, going to the door and closing it softly. I walked to my house and crawled through my window and into my room. I didn’t always go through my window…but something in my head made me realize it was just as simple as going through the door. My room smelled like my childhood and I ripped off my cloths jumping into bed. It was time to sleep.