Casimir Pulaski Day

And you told me you were scared

When I reached his embrace my body collapsed and I had to rely upon him to hold me up. I sobbed and sobbed as we walked to his house, my heart beating slowly all the while. I was beyond grateful for rest when we made it to his house and he laid me down again on his bed while his gentle hands soothed my pains. I pulled him to me and hugged him tight, letting his warm covers envelope me.
“I have to go in a while. Not now but when dawn comes.” He heard the finality in my voice and I knew he knew where I was going.
“How long?” He asked and I could tell he needed to know.
“Finn…if I could answer that then I wouldn’t need to leave. I just have to. All I can tell you is I’ll be back. No need to worry. I love you.” He smiled and nuzzled his head against mine. I let out a long breath and felt the silence of the night being completed. One last puzzle piece was left and as I felt him drifting I pulled him back one last time.
“Finn?” I asked
“Yeah?” I heard him whisper. He turned me so I was facing him and as we held each other I said with a tear
“I’m scared. I’m so fucking scared.” Then the tears came with the pain of my life and body and he held me as I knew he always would.