Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Only One

I awoke the next morning to someone hollering from the dining room. It was Sam. He was apparently lecturing Jacob about how irresponsible he had been staying with Renesmee and not giving me a ride home.

“Well she’s fine, right?!” Jacob barked back.

“That’s not my point, Jacob, and you damn well know it!” Sam retaliated. “Devin is still out there and she was just injured! No matter how ‘fine’ she is, we can’t have someone walking alone after what he did to her!”

“Sam she has more experience with leeches than us—than you! She can take care of herself!”

“You’re going to patrol all day today.” Sam said, regaining his cool. “The guys will join you and the last will be Allia, when she comes, apologize to her for your behavior.”

“I’m not going to apologize!” He yelled. “She was the one who walked off impatiently! And I’m not going to patrol either—I’m going over to see Renesmee!”

I could hear Sam growl viciously. “You will go patrolling, Jacob, whether you want to or not.” He said. “And you are going to apologize to Allia.”

Nothing else was heard.

Soon the screen door opened and slammed, sounding like it was due to break and come off the hinges at any second. I slowly crept out of bed, silently making my way to the window, and saw him storming into the wall of towering trees and shrubs, cursing everything—especially me.

Why did I get stuck with him…?

The door opened and Sam stood in the door frame, facing me with an apologetic expression. “I’m sorry our fight woke you up, he just doesn’t seem to get it sometimes.” He murmured. “Since I know you heard, your patrolling shift will start at ten tonight and you and Jacob will finish at midnight. Make sure to tell Jacob that he has to be home by one and to not go over to the Cullens. Same goes for you, too, Allia. I don’t want people staying out unnecessarily while Devin’s around.”

I nodded in understanding. “Alright. Thank you for saying that stuff on my behalf, Sam, but you didn’t have to.”

“I wanted to, just because he has an imprint and they take high priority in our minds, he still has to obey and do as he’s told. What he did was irresponsible.”

Sam left the room and I looked back out to see emptiness, Jacob was gone and only trees stood tall in my view.

I walked back over to my bed and the door opened and slammed again.

“Careful with the door!” Emily yelled in frustration.

“Sorry, Em!”

Embry came bursting through my door, a huge grin on his lips. “Allia, guess what!”

“What?” I asked, his energetic vibe making me smile.

“We’re going down to First Beach, c’mon, it’s going to be fun!”

“Alright, but I’m not getting in the water,” I said. “I don’t have a bathing suit.”

“That’s where you’re wrong,” Emily walked into my room and carried a plastic bag in her hands. “I saw it was going to be perfect beach weather and I realized that we hadn’t bought you a bikini when you and I were in Port Angeles. So I went over there yesterday and bought you one myself.” She smiled as she handed me the plastic bag. “I hope you like it.”

“I’m sure I will, thank you Emily,” I returned the smile and gave her a long hug.

“Sure, tell me how the beach was when you get back.”

I nodded and told her that I would, and she left without another word, Embry following her into the kitchen so he could pig out while he was here, and to also let me have my privacy.

I searched through my dresser for a nice outfit. I found a nice white sundress and put that onto the bed. I cut off all of the tags from the bikini and soon stripped out of my old clothes, throwing them into the dirty hamper, and put the bikini on. It actually fit pretty nicely. I put the sundress on and got the few wrinkles out of it before sitting down on my bed and getting my shoes on. I put some bangles on that Emily had gotten me out of the never-ending kindness of her heart, and decided that I was ready.

I headed out into the dining room and found Embry stuffing his face with Emily’s many, made from scratch, blueberry muffins that were more than likely larger than the size of both of my hands.

“I shwear Emily, dis ish da besh bash you’ve eber made.” He groaned through the heavenly food in his mouth.

She stared at him in confusion, one eyebrow raised higher than the other as she stopped everything she was doing in the kitchen. “What?”

He swallowed, took a long drink of milk from a large cup, which left Emily and I to look at each other and shrug our shoulders, not sure of what he had said earlier, and he looked at her. “I swear Emily, this is the best batch you’ve ever made.” He clarified.

“Oh,” She smiled and continued on with her cooking. “Thank you, Embry.” She looked over at me and nodded in approval. “You look amazing, Allia, how’s the bikini?”

“It fits me well, and I really like it. Thank you, Emily.”

He looked over at me and gave a long whistle. “You’re looking nice,” He said and walked over to me. “Ready to go?”

“Yea, I’m ready,” I nodded and took his hand. “Let’s go.”

-{}-

I took in everything about First Beach with this being my first time coming here. The salty air smelled soothing as I inhaled it. The sand that my feet came in contact with after I took my sandals off was soft and somewhat silky as it sifted through the spaces between each toe. The waves seemed to be whispering “shh” for everyone to be quiet as they crashed onto the beach noisily. The sun that was reflected off of the ocean water looked picturesque and I was truly glad that I came.

“This is amazing, Embry,” I said.

“Yea, it’s nice,” He agreed. “Wanna go cliff diving?”

I stared at him. “Uh… If I don’t die… sure,” I nodded.

“Cool, it’s this way,” He said and began to take off up a steep hill.

I looked over and saw Leah sitting down on a log a few feet away, looking lonely.

I’ll catch up with Embry later, I thought as I walked over to her.

I sat down on the log beside her and she didn’t even acknowledge me.

“Hey Leah,” I greeted casually.

She grunted and did nothing else, obviously wanting for me to go away.

However, I wasn't easily swayed. “Why aren’t you with the rest of the guys?”

“They’re idiots.” She answered curtly. “Now what do you want?”

“I just wanted to say hello,”

“Well then you can leave now.”

“It’s nice weather today, huh?”

“It’d be better if you left me the hell alone.”

“Leah… why are you so anti-social?”

“Because I can be, now just shut your mouth and go away.”

“If you tell me why then I’ll go away and I won’t bother you for a while,”

She looked as if she was seriously contemplating my deal. “I was dating Sam a few years back, everything was perfect. Then when he became a wolf, and my cousin, Emily, came over, he imprinted on her. He left me and got with my cousin. Now that I’m stuck like this, no man will ever want to be with me. Not to mention being with those retards every second of the goddamn day is hell on Earth.” She said. “There I’ve told you. Now go.”

I sighed, getting up from the log and began to slowly walk away. “You’ll find the one for you, Leah.” I said, looking at her from over my shoulder. “Female shifters can imprint, and once you do, he’ll think that you’re the most perfect thing in this world.”

“How would you know…?” She muttered.

“Because I imprinted…” I answered.

Her head snapped to attention, and I saw hope glisten in her brown orbs that for once didn’t hold any sort of negative emotion. She snapped out of it and looked back at the ground.

“You know Allia… you’re not so bad, I guess…”

“Glad you think so,” I smiled. “Do you want to come with me and the guys?”

“I can’t tolerate their stupidity.”

“C’mon, it’ll be fun.”

“No, it’ll be annoying.” She got up from the log, dusted the sand off of her shorts, and then looked at me. “I’m going, I have to patrol with Jacob now.”

I sighed and nodded, letting her know that I understood. “Alright, see you later,”

“Bye, Allia.” I watched as Leah walked towards the trees and disappeared within seconds.

“Was it me, or was that you and Leah talking?”

I turned to see a drenched Embry, his shorts soaked, his tanned body glistening with small beads of water, and hair flatter than usual. I then noticed the rest of the guys looking the same and standing behind him, it almost seemed like they were taking cover from something.

How long had they been standing there…?

“Yes, why…?”

“She never talks to anyone…!” Seth shouted. “And I should know! She hardly speaks to me and I’m her brother!”

“Why does she like you?!” Paul shouted angrily. “She hardly even knows you!”

“Hey wait, you imprinted on someone, Allia?” Quil questioned with a small smirk. “Who is it?”

“Yea, c’mon, we won’t laugh,” Jared chuckled.

“I have the strangest feeling that you’re lying to my face.” I replied sarcastically.

“Guys back off, she doesn’t have to tell you if she doesn’t want to.” Embry said, leaving the water and walking to my side, taking my hand in his protectively to let me know that he was standing up for me.

“Oh, I see now. You imprinted on Embry, here.” Paul snickered. “He’s going to imprint on someone else you know. It’s tragic, almost like star-crossed lovers or some shit like that.” He said, and then began to act as if he were about to faint. “Poor Allia might not be able to take it!” His voice went high-pitched as he tried to sound like a girl.

Paul then let himself fall backwards towards Seth, who caught him by his arms and held him up.

Seth looked up at us and shrugged, looking back down at Paul who was still ‘unconscious’. He let him go and Paul went underneath the salty water for a few seconds. Seth joined us and smiled. “You don’t have to tell us, Ali, well, at least not me.” He said.

“I knew there was a reason why I liked you.” I smiled and gave him a one armed hug.

Paul resurfaced as we chatted. “What the fuck you idiot?!” We looked over at him and saw him getting up from the floor. “Why’d you drop me?!”

Seth simply shrugged and gave his usual smile. “It was funny.”

Paul began to run after Seth and he took it as his cue to leave, beginning to run up the side of the hill to reach the cliff again, the rest of the boys soon following their lead.

Embry turned to me and motioned towards the hill by shaking his head. “Wanna go now?”

I nodded and began to walk up with him. “I’m actually pretty excited about this,” I said as I smiled happily.

We got up to the top of the cliff in a few minutes, and saw Jared and Quil jumping off the edge together, doing karate kicks and chops at each other in midair like dorks. They screamed “hi-ya” at each other acting like they were in some sort of kung fu movie and suddenly both yelled “bonsai” simultaneously as they came in contact with the water.

“Want me to go with you since it’s your first time?” Embry offered.

“No, I’m good. I’ll go by myself.”

He nodded before running to the edge and jumping off, making a cannonball and plummeting into the ocean below. I sat on the ground and began to take off my sandals, placing them to the side and stood back up, pulling my sundress up and over my body. Folding it nicely, I placed it atop my sandals and walked over to the edge of the cliff.

I stared down below at the waves that crashed and attacked the rock wall below, also spraying mist up into the air a few feet. The white foam disappeared and I took a few steps back.

I inhaled and let it out slowly. I hadn’t done something like this in a while, and I was getting butterflies in my stomach because of the anticipation of it all. I went darting forward and jumped off the cliff.

I was defying gravity for a moment, for a few glorious seconds, suddenly the force and weight of my body began to catch me and bring me down. I stared down at the wall of blue that was quickly getting closer, butterflies went furiously back and forth, zipping to and from inside my stomach. My insides went into complete chaos as it realized it could be freefalling to its possible death. My heart pounded like a wrecking ball hitting a brick wall inside my chest, my mouth went dry and my eyes began to water with the amount of wind that blew onto them.

At the last second, before I crashed through the cold wall of water, I pulled myself together and made a small ball, pulling my legs up to my chest and hugging them tightly.

I was soon submerged in the chilly water, the salty liquid rushing over my entire body as I sunk a few feet under. After getting over how bone-chilling the water was, I began to swim up, resurfacing and taking in a deep breath to refill my lungs. I moved the strands of stringy, wet hair that clung to me like glue out of my face, and began to swim over to the beach, where Embry and the rest of the guys stood, applauding my dive.

They’re annoying, I thought. But you just have to love them.

-{}-

Leah and I had been patrolling for a few minutes already, and her company was as annoying as ever. She kept being a bitch to me whenever I thought of telling her to shut up. Sometimes I just wish I could somehow cut the connection between us.

You and me both. I hate seeing your stupid love-struck thoughts about that small and annoying girl. Leah snarled.

I growled viciously and almost stopped running so I could chase after her and make her take those words back. Shut your damn mouth, Leah. Just because you’ve never imprinted doesn’t give you the right to be an obnoxious bitch with the rest of us. I replied.

I can do whatever I damn well please, Black.

I was getting closer to the ocean; I knew because I could already smell the crisp, salty air. I came to a slow jog and saw Embry run off the cliff’s edge.

Allia began to take her shoes off and put them out of the way. Her small, unpainted toes wriggled around on the soft dirt and her hands went to the bottom of her white dress. Her small and delicate looking hands grasped the fabric and began to slowly lift it up and off her petite body. My eyes grazed over her many curves and found myself to become entranced by them. She placed the now folded dress upon her sandals so they wouldn’t get too dirty, and walked over to the edge.

You’re such a fucking pervert, Jacob. Leah growled, which I did my best to ignore.

I became worried that she’d get hurt by being so close, and I wondered why I felt so protective all of a sudden. She walked back and got a running start, sending herself flying over the edge and towards the ocean that would pose as her safety net.

I jogged to the cliff and saw her make contact with the water, soon becoming invisible and reappearing seconds later.

I felt relieved seeing her unharmed and began to walk back into the woods to get back on track with patrolling.

It’s amazing to see that you can have feelings for someone other than your imprint. She mentioned.

Renesmee’s face came into my mind and I felt the same uplifting and loving emotion I always felt when I thought of her…

One thing was different though.

Those thousands of cables that held me to Renesmee, to my world, to my imprint… they began to snap away. One by one the wires gradually began to loosen their grip on her, and bit by bit I began to fall away from her.

Those broken cable began to attach themselves to none other than Allia Accalia, the girl who was just there, to the girl who was just temporarily staying, to the girl who was only seen as a friend.

I was scared…

Why was my imprint losing her value to me…?

-{}-

Patrolling with Embry was hell on earth. He had given me a lecture about how much of an idiot and a douche I had been with Allia. After thinking about it… I had to agree. I had in fact been irresponsible and a jackass with her when she had done nothing wrong to me.

Embry, I know I was a douche, don’t worry, I’m going to apologize to her. I told him.

You better! He yelled. And I’m asking Allia tomorrow to see if you did!

When he said her name, I became envious of his relationship with her. A few more wires became too strained, and then gave way, falling from Renesmee and finding a new connection with Allia instead.

We met up with each other and began to run towards Sam’s, seeing Allia sitting upon the porch stairs, looking bored as she played with the ends of her hair.

Embry changed back into clothes and went up to meet her, embracing her in a hug and giving his friendly hello. He told her about where she would be patrolling and that I apparently had something to say to her.

He left, walking into the house to tell Sam he was done with his shift, and Allia walked towards the forest, towards me.

She gave me a small, weak smile. “Hi Jacob,” She said softly, her voice sounding like honey—smooth and warm, hypnotic in a way.

I walked over to her and motioned for her to stay put.

“Jacob, it’s fine,” She said, causing me to become confused—what was she talking about…? “I know that Sam told you to apologize and I know you don’t want to. I’m not going to make you do something you don’t want to do. It’s fine.”

I felt hurt by her rejection, and more cables popped, flinging themselves away from Renesmee and towards her.

I shook my head and she laughed, lifting my spirits somewhat as I heard that melodic, gentle laugh of hers. “I’ll make sure to tell Embry that you apologized too, don’t worry.” She said. “Better start before it gets any later. Oh, and Sam says to go straight home after patrol and to not go to the Cullens.”

I didn’t do anything as I watched her walk between trees and reappear with her coat that I found beautiful and unique. The chestnut brown upper layer of fur reflected the moonlight nicely, and her white layer of fur on the bottom gave her a true glow of an angel.

She gave me a nod before darting off to start her patrol. After letting out a huff, I turned and began to run to start as well.

It felt weird.

I could sense her, which was incredibly awkward because whenever I or the guys has been in our wolf form with Allia, we had never felt her. The only way we knew she was in her shifted form was when we saw her standing to the side as such.

However, tonight… I could hear a soft buzzing; it was similar to static on the radio.

She was there…

I could feel her…

I could hear her…

Was she pushing her way into the group…? Was her constant presence around us making her one of us—apart of our pack…?

I thought about her and the strings continued to be cut and stitched to Allia…

I guessed it had started with that stupid kiss at my place during that idiotic game of Truth or Dare…

I felt absolutely nothing during the time our lips were connected. To be honest, I even felt a bit repulsed…

Suddenly, when I had pulled away and stared into those damned blue eyes, something snapped. I felt so vulnerable and lost, that I blew up on them all and forced them out of my house.

I decided that I needed to get my priorities straight…

Only one cable had been broken and given to Allia to carry that day… but I guessed that one was all that was needed for a snowball effect to occur…

Only one was needed…
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked the update!
It's about 7 pages long I guess. (:

I was going to make Jacob's perspective a different chapter, but it would've been only like a page and a half and I thought it would've looked a bit odd to only have barely even a page for an update xD

Anyways... I wonder how this will all turn out...? (;
Keep reading to find out!
Comment and I will love you forever!! Ahaha, and thanks for reading!