Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Another Reason

I was tired, sleepy, and my eyelids drooped over my blue orbs. Elizabeth had gone home, saying that she was exhausted from our small hike earlier in the day, and wanted to go home to rest.

The moon was almost at its peek, and I knew it was exceptionally late. I would have to be quiet when I got home so I didn’t wake them all up.

I let myself bask in the pure, white light, and it soothed me. It calmed me to the core. It felt as if there was no other existence; just me and the moon.

“Allia, what are you doing out so late?”

I opened my eyes and looked over my shoulder, seeing Devin there with a small inquisitive smile. I patted the ground next to me and he came to my side obediently.

“I just wanted to stay out.” I replied.

He nodded as he put an arm around my shoulders.

He and I… well, we liked each other—more than friends, though we’d never admit it. It was like we were both scared of what the outcome would be. We were scared that it would ruin what we had.

When I had changed, my mother had explained to me what being a shape shifter meant, what it entitled. One of those entitlements being something called “imprinting”. When I first heard the explanation, I thought it was just a mess of lies—idealistic lies. Nothing that wonderful, that perfect, could ever become a reality.

However, as I began to think more and more about it, the more that I became attached to Devin… it seemed plausible. My mother told me that when I imprinted, I’d know right away. With Devin, it took time, but I was sure of it… I thought I had imprinted on him. I believed that we would last and be happy.

“Allia,” Devin called, and I looked at him immediately, becoming lost in his dark brown eyes that seemed to have no end to them. “You look so beautiful with the light.”

I smiled bashfully as blush crept upon my cheeks. “Thanks,” I mumbled softly,

“Allia,” He began.

“Yea…?”

“I really like you… a lot.” He said hesitantly. “Maybe even love you…”

He slowly put his hand behind the back of my head, and brought me slowly to his face. Our lips were inches apart, both of our eyes went darting to each other’s lips and back up. Soon they collided and my heart didn’t race like it was supposed to. I didn’t get those butterflies in my stomach. I didn’t feel like I was ready to burst with happiness—with love. I felt nothing, and I knew instantly that I hadn’t imprinted on Devin, he wasn’t the one for me.

Pulling away, Devin smiled from ear to ear, while I kept a straight face. His smile fell ever so slowly as he noticed my lack of bliss. “What’s wrong…?” He questioned, concern showing through him.

“Nothing…” I whispered softly. “I just… don’t think that we should be like this.” I didn’t make eye contact as I stood up shakily, dusting myself off as I did so. “I just don’t like you like that.”

“A-Allia, please… let’s just start over,” He pleaded. “Let’s forget that kiss happened and we’ll start over…!”

“I’m sorry, I don’t think we can.” I said. “Goodnight, Devin.”

I turned and walked away from him, not looking back as he called out my name numerous times, swearing that he would try to get me back no matter what the costs…


“Allia wake up!” Embry yelled in my ear, causing me to jump up and out of bed, falling onto the floor face first. “Damn, nice face plant.” Embry snickered.

“Shut… up… Embry…” I mumbled.

I sat up on the floor and looked up at Embry who sat on my bed, a smirk on his lips with his arms crossed over his chest. “Oh, did Jake say anything to you at all last night?”

“Yea, he went into this full-out apology of what he did at the Cullens’ was wrong.” I lied. “It sounded like he actually meant it too, so I forgave him.”

“Oh, that’s good,” He commented. “C’mon, get dressed, and come out to eat.”

I nodded and he helped me up, walking out of the room and closing the door behind him. I picked out some denim shorts, and a nice white spaghetti strap top, changing into them and walking out of my room.

I sat down at the table and joined everyone. After serving myself, I felt a pair of eyes upon me and looked up to see Jacob staring at me with curiosity, soon retuning his attention to his plate once he saw me look at him. I stared at him for a few seconds longer before beginning to eat.

“How was patrol last night, Allia?” Sam asked, looking over at me expectantly.

“Alright, didn’t find anything though.” I answered, taking a sip of my orange juice.

“That’s good.” He nodded, stuffing his mouth full of eggs, and washing it down with his cup of OJ. “Carlisle wants to see you—do a check up, so Jacob will take you down there after breakfast.”

“Sounds good,” I nodded, though I got a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. I knew nothing was wrong, I just didn’t want to go back with Jacob to see him with Renesmee; I didn’t want to see if he would forget me again or not.

The table was soon cleared of people and Emily and I began to wash the plates as Jacob went home to get his car, the rest of the guys were already out patrolling.

“So Allia… do you like Embry?” Emily questioned, catching me off guard.

I was slightly dumbfounded. Why would she ask that question—especially so bluntly…?

“Um, as a friend, I guess…” I shrugged. “He’s really nice and funny.”

“Oh? Nothing more…?” She looked at me suspiciously. “You both always act so close when you’re together. Are you lying to me?” She smiled playfully.

I chuckled, beginning to put the plates away into the cabinet as I dried them with a dishtowel. “No, I’m not lying to you, Em. I promise.” I said. “There are no romantic feelings between Embry and me.”

She pouted, seeming disappointed at my reply. “Oh, I see. I was hoping that there was something there, but I guess not. I really want him to find someone, you know? He deserves to. Most of the boys have already imprinted and a lot of people don’t notice, but you can just see how lonely he is.” She sighed and sat down at the table, running a hand through her straight, jet black hair and relaxing.

“I know, Em, I know.” I nodded in understanding, getting a glass of water and walking over to join her. “I’ve already talked to him about it. He says he wants to imprint, and that he can get jealous of them, but I told him that the girl he was waiting for was just so special that it was taking time to find her.” I explained, sitting down next to Emily and giving her a reassuring smile. “I know he’ll find her one day, Emily. Like you said earlier, he deserves it.”

She grinned from ear to ear. “You’re something else, Allia. Really you are, I can see why the boys like you.” She said. “I just wish Jacob hadn’t imprinted on Renesmee, than you and him would be perfect for each other.”

I was taking a drink as she said this, and ended up choking on water, my eyes tearing up as I began to cough violently, my eyes wide with shock. Had Embry told her about my feelings for Jacob…?

“Wha… what are you talking about?” I said, trying to calm myself down.

“Well you obviously like him.” She said. “I mean, come on Allia, I’m a girl too, you know. I know what liking someone means—I know the signs.”

“Did… Embry tell you?”

“No, I figured it out all on my own.” She smiled, leaning onto the table, using her arms to prop herself up. “How much do you like him?”

I stayed silent for a few minutes, debating on whether or not to lie and say that I was getting over him or that I should tell the truth. “I… I imprinted on him…” I murmured lowly.

She gasped; her mouth agape and her chocolate eyes wide. I was wishing I had chosen my first option. “You imprinted on him…?” She questioned. “How’s that possible, Allia…? He already imprinted on someone else.”

“I don’t know Emily, but I hate it. I want to be closer, but I keep myself back for Renesmee. I just have to deal with it, I guess. Besides, after Devin’s killed, I’m leaving and going back home to Italy, I don’t belong here.” I said. “I don’t know if I’d be able to handle seeing the two of them together even if I did belong here.”

She frowned and she put her hand atop of mine. “Well… you never know.” She smiled. “Stay hopeful, and maybe something will happen.”

I gave a weak smile to show I was thankful for her saying that. “Thanks Em, but… it’s just not possible. Emily, please don’t tell anyone—not a soul. I don’t want anyone else to know about this. It’s pathetic.” I sighed, walking over to the kitchen and putting my dirty cup in the sink. “I can hear Jacob driving up; I’m going to get my shoes on.”

After slipping on my sandals, I walked out of the house, seeing Jacob leaning up against the passenger door. He looked deep in thought as he scrutinized the ground, his eye brows pushed together—he didn’t even hear me come up to him.

“Jacob…?” I called softly.

His head snapped up and a small smile showed itself to me. “Sorry… I zoned out.” He murmured.

“Obviously,” I joked.

He turned around and opened the door for me, which caught me by surprise, though I thanked him and got in. He walked around the front of the car, still looking like he was thinking about a life changing decision, and got into the driver’s seat, turning the car on with the twist of the key in the ignition.

The Rabbit then began to propel itself down the dirt path until we reached the main road. It was a quiet ride; and I was trying to not think of the awkwardness of it all as I stared out the window at the trees that seemed never-ending. Needless to say, I was quite thankful for the ride to be over when we arrived at the Cullen residence.

We both got out and walked over to the door, entering the house with ease.

“Haven’t you ever heard of knocking, mutts?” The Blondie, Rosalie, growled as she saw us walk in from the living room.

“Rosalie,” Carlisle’s voice warned, and I saw him coming down the stairs. “Be nice to them.”

She groaned, a low growl in her throat, and soon marched away snootily, cursing Jacob and I under her breath to high heaven.

“I’m sorry about her, Jacob, Allia.” He apologized.

“No need to apologize, Carlisle,” I shrugged, dismissing the matter. “It’s fine.”

He smiled gratefully before turning to Jacob. “Jacob, Renesmee’s waiting for you upstairs in her room.” He stated.

“Thanks, where’s Bella?”

“She and Edward went out hunting.”

Jacob nodded before bounding up the stairs to Renesmee’s side, leaving me to feel the cracks in my heart deepen.

“Please, follow me Allia, and I’ll start the check up.”

Carlisle ascended the staircase and I followed after him, walking down the hallway and passing Jacob and Renesmee who were playing loudly in her room. I didn’t dare look inside. I knew that if I did I could possibly lose it.

We walked into the same room as last time and I sat down on the bed, Carlisle taking a seat on a stool. “Alright, how have you been feeling these past few days? Has there been any dizziness, nausea, soreness—anything?”

“No, not at all. I feel great.” I answered.

“That’s good,” He smiled sincerely. “I just want to see how your back is. He may have hurt your neck and I just want to make sure that everything is in order.” He said, standing up and motioned for me to as well. “Just bend over and I’ll check your spine.”

I did so and I could feel his cold fingers trace up and down my spinal column, making sure that everything was good. He clapped his hands and helped me back up.

“You’re fine. It’s almost like nothing ever happened.” He smiled.

“Thanks for everything, Carlisle.” I smiled gratefully at him.

“It’s not a problem. I’m glad that I could help.”

“Allia!” Jacob yelled and ran into the room.

“What’s wrong?” I asked quickly, worry evident in my voice.

“They found Devin’s scent. The rest of the guys are going after him and Sam wants us to help. C’mon!”

We both began to run down the stairs and out the door, dashing madly into the woods. We quickly stripped down, not bothering to go behind trees seeing as we didn’t look at each other as we did so, and shifted into our wolf form.

Our paws stomped on the dirt ground as we sprinted through the forest, possibly going around ninety miles per hour. The leaves that were on the floor whirled around as we passed them due to our speed. Jacob was faster than me, and was slowly going farther ahead of me; I was probably twenty feet behind him.

I couldn’t wait to get my revenge on that pesky leech… I was ready for it.

I wanted to feel him die between my jaws. I wanted to hear how sorry he was for killing Elizabeth.

I wanted to see him dead.

Jacob was farther ahead of me now, at least a good hundred feet.

Gotta push myself further…

Suddenly, I was slammed into from the side. Devin pummeled me into trees, and actually uprooted one in the process. I could hear Jacob’s growl of anger as he changed direction and went back after me.

Devin, seeing as he was still on top of me, got onto my back and rode me like a horse. I rolled around in the dirt, hoping to get him off of me, but it was useless. He had a firm grip around my neck, and his fingernails were slowly digging themselves into me. I whined lowly from pain and I heard Jacob growl, beginning to charge at Devin.

“I have no problem ripping her head right off her body, mutt; I suggest you stay there.” He said. “Move an inch and you’ll regret it.” Jacob stayed still, glowering and growling at the bloodsucker that was atop me. “Smart choice.”

The world began to shift and I knew that Devin was transporting me to another location, this time with himself along for the ride. He jumped off and I barked at him angrily, beginning to charge at him.

He attempted to escape, however it was just too late for him, and so I pummeled him into the dirt ground with force. He hissed and I put my large paw into the air, striking his neck and tossing him into trees with my jaws. He looked dead as he was slouched up against the tree, and I growled menacingly as I approached him cautiously.

He looked up slowly, blood dripping from his neck. “They’re coming…” He mumbled. “They’re coming for you and her.” I barked at him, a growl ripping through the air and he continued talking immediately. “The Volturi… they’re going to kill her… that abomination—the hybrid… and they’re going to take you for your powers.”

I walked closer to him and he stood up, using the tree to do so. “Being able to light things on fire isn’t the only thing you can do, Allia.” His wounds began to mend themselves, his skin stitching itself back together. “You have more abilities, though no one knows what they are. If they feel you’re of value, they’ll keep you alive for their purposes. If you’re just another useless shifter, you’ll be killed without a second thought.”

He has to be lying. I concluded. They’d never think about keeping me alive because I’m a shifter.

“They believe that your father would be able to create a sort of spell to take the mutt gene out of you, leaving you with only the abilities. After that, they would change you into a vampire.”

My father wouldn’t do that to me… would he?

“When I talked to Aro, he ordered me to come and tell you all of this so that way you could think about your decision. You can join the Volturi and live… or you can reject their gracious offer and be killed mercilessly.” He stated. “When Aro arrives, he expects an answer.”

I had enough of his talking—of his worthless speech. The anger that had been simmering inside me soon reached a boiling point and I tackled him into the tree, knocking it over ruthlessly as it snapped and collapsed onto the floor.

He tried to force me off, putting his icy hands onto my shoulders and face and pushing as hard as he could. My teeth were centimeters away from mauling his face.

He got a sudden rush of strength and hit my left arm with enough force to make me lose my balance, and to also break my forearm in half. I whined and yelped in pain, jumping to the side and falling to the ground for lack of balance.

He stood above me and glared. “I don’t know whether to obey Aro’s orders and keep you alive, or kill you right here while I have an advantage and die by Aro’s hand later.” I could feel myself become weak, and I felt the fur leave my body as I changed back into human form, curled in a small and secure ball. Devin squatted down beside me and moved a few strands of hair from my face. “But with everything you’ve put me through… It’d be worth it.”

His hand reached for my neck and he began to suffocate me. My right hand went flying onto his forearm as I tried to use the last of my strength to get him off of me. I coughed and was slowly becoming lightheaded, my hand loosening its grip bit by bit.

My eyelids covered my blue eyes and I found it nearly impossible to open them again. I heard Devin chuckle with satisfaction, though his grip never loosened, he actually made his hold on me even tighter.

A snarl ripped throughout the quiet air and Devin hissed, soon being tackled off of me. I coughed violently as I tried to get air once again into my lungs. I found that I was too weak to even inhale, and I continued to suffocate.

“Allia!” Jacob yelled. Hearing his voice filled with worry broke my heart, and so I managed to reopen my closed eyes, finding him by my side wearing his shorts and shirt. “Allia, breathe—can’t you breathe?!” Without waiting for a reply, he picked up my chin, took a deep breath, connecting our lips and helping me breathe. He repeated the action for a few minutes until I was able to take small breaths on my own. “Allia, are you hurt anywhere?”

I looked over at my arm and back to him. “Broken…” I whispered, slightly hoarse from the amount of pressure Devin had put onto my throat earlier.

His eyes grew cold and I saw his hands form themselves into fists, his knuckles white. He stood up and walked into the woods, returning with a few large and straight twigs. He sat down next to my broken limb and took his shirt off, revealing his well-sculpted chest. He ripped the shirt in half and began to put the twigs next to my arm. He began to slowly wrap the twigs and my arm together with his shirt and when he tied it a bit too tight, I winced and whined out softly, feeling my eyes water.

“Sorry,” He apologized sincerely. “It’s supposed to act as a splint until we get to Carlisle’s. This is the best I can do.”

I nodded and sat up carefully with his help. “My clothes,” I mumbled.

He took them off of the string and helped me get dressed, not looking unless he needed to see what he was doing or if I needed help. I found the small light blush on his cheeks to be cute, though I knew I was just as shy and embarrassed as he was—even more actually.

Once my shorts and shirt were back on, he disappeared and came back in his shifted form. He got down low enough for me to be able to climb onto his back without too much effort, and soon we were jogging back to the Cullen’s. Jacob didn’t want to go too fast so I wouldn’t somehow injure myself further, though he was trying to go as fast as he could…

Jacob barked when we arrived and the pack came out from inside. Embry noticed my situation and made a mad dash to my side, taking me in his arms and carrying me bridal style up the stairs and into the room where Carlisle’s medical equipment was, the doctor and the pack following quickly.

I was set upon the table and Carlisle began to get to work on making a cast for me while also putting ice on my arm to stop the swelling. After getting the cast on, I was ordered to get some rest by both Carlisle and Sam.

Embry fluffed my pillows and covered me with blankets like a mother tucking in her child and told me to relax, saying that he would stay here until I could leave.

The door remained open and I was able to make out the conversation that was happening downstairs.

“Alice… Alice what’s wrong…?”

There was silence for a few seconds before the vampire gave an answer. “Irina… Irina saw Renesmee and went to the Volturi… they’re coming here.” Her voice quivered with fear as she spoke. “They’re coming to kill Renesmee.”

My world came to a halt, and I began to realize that maybe Devin had in fact been telling the truth when he said that they were coming.

“Allia…”

I looked to the door and saw Jacob standing there with his arms crossed. “Get some rest,” He said, walking a few steps closer, and moving a few strands of my hair from my eyes. “You need to rest.” He repeated, and then gave a small smile, which made my heart pound a bit harder instantly. “And be happy… Devin won’t be bothering you any more.”

A grin came upon my lips and I felt tears sting my eyes. The bastard had finally died. My best friend’s murderer was gone now, and I could rest a bit more easily with that knowledge.

Jacob walked out, turning off the light and closing the door after saying a quick “sleep tight” to me.

I smiled, staring at the dark ceiling above me as I realized something.

I had another reason to fall harder for Jacob Black…
♠ ♠ ♠
OMG... Number 10! :D
Simply amazing!

Haha, today's going to be a good day I think. I posted and today's my friend's due date! (:
Sorry for taking so long with this! Finals are coming up, either this week or the next, and then... Senior Projects! D:

This story has 178 readers, and 57 subscribers. I'm quite pleased with this haha :)
Anyways, I would just like to say THANK YOU so freaking much for reading, subscribing, and commenting! You truly are great readers and friends, and I'm soo happy to have met you all! (:
<3