Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

They Were Tears

All was quiet in the clearing. The feeling of anxiety was enough to suffocate just about anyone. I couldn't help but feel vulnerable through it. The way the Volturi stood before us, strong and tall, it was intimidating.

I wasn't going to let it get to me though... well, at least not too much.

"So, Carlisle..." Aro began, meshing his hands together as he intertwined his fingers. "What is the meaning of all this?"

"Well, you see Aro, Renesmee is my grandchild. She's the daughter of my son Edward and Bella, while she was still human." He began. "She's different. She'sā€”"

"She's a threat." A girl with blond hair hissed out angrily.

"Now, now, Jane." Aro looked at her warningly. "We mustn't be rude and interrupt others while they talk." He looked back at Carlisle and nodded for him to continue.

"She's not an immortal child, however."

"My daughter is of no threat to you, or to the rest of the vampire world." Edward boldly stated. "And these people here with us have already promised to vouch for her."

As they continued to explain, I was gazing at my father in awe. I was still shocked to see him after so long. It gave me great pleasure, however, knowing what he was broke my heart in two. It didn't make me think differently of him, though. I still loved him, he had given his humanity for my safety. How could I not love him after that...?

Aro's eyes turned into slits as they surveyed everyone. He looked as if he were trying to get people to fess up, admit that it was a lie. None did, however, and he chuckled lowly to himself.

"I see... Irina, dear... were you lying to us...?" Aro questioned, turning to the blond vampire with an accusing stare.

"N-no, Aro. I was not." She answered. "I thought that what I saw was true. I believed that the girl really was an immortal child. Aro, I intend to take full responsibility for my actions, the Cullens are not to blame."

Aro smiled, before turning to another vampire. "Caius..."

"Demetri, kill her." Caius said to one of the guards.

I looked away from the sight and when I turned back around she was aflame. It remained quiet as everyone stared at burning carcass.

"Now she has taken responsibility for her actions." Aro mumbled. He looked towards Renesmee with a smile and I could hear Jacob growling lowly. "Little one, do not worry. No one here will hurt you, your family or your friends. They are not in harm's way."

He doesn't sound sincere...

"Tell me about it," Edward agreed.

"Aro," Marcus called. "What shall we do now?"

Aro looked towards us and back to Marcus before replying, "We shall vote on whether to dispose of the child or not."

Aro, Marcus and Caius gathered and we listened carefully, hanging onto every word.

"I do not feel she will be of any danger, Aro." Marcus stated.

"Doubtful. It can't be trusted. They say it's not immortal, but then what is it? I can't bring myself to that decision, Marcus." Caius declared firmly.

"What say you, Aro?" Marcus questioned.

Aro turned to see Renesmee and stared at her carefully as he made his final decision.

"Aro!!"

Everyone turned to the side to see Alice, Jasper, and another man beside them. His heartbeat was clear, and I immediately registered as a human in my mind.

But why would Alice and Jasper bring a human?

"Ah, Alice, Jasper, how nice of you both to join us." Aro commented. "And who have you brought along? A human?"

"Aro, whatever doubts you have against Renesmee being a threat to our world will be cleared right now." Alice spoke strongly. "I promise you." Jasper took her hand, squeezing it comfortingly, and giving her a small reassuring smile at which she softly thanked him.

The man stepped forward and cleared his throat. "My name is Nahuel, I'm from South America. My mother was a human, while my father was of your world. I'm 150 years old, along with my younger two sisters. The three of us are what you are trying to destroy." He declared, standing his ground. "We are half human and half vampire. As you can see we have not caused any trouble for you or your world, so please reconsider taking this child's life. She will not be a threat."

Aro listened to him and looked contemplative. He clapped his hands with a smile on his face before coming to his answer. "It seems as if I've made up my mind. Caius, I'm afraid I'll have to disagree with you. I do not believe this child will cause harm to our world." He walked closer towards us and looked towards Bella and Edward. "Though, may I see for myself... her gift?"

Edward and Jacob walked with Renesmee in between them. Jacob was ready to pounce if anything occurred and Edward was in position to attack Aro as well. Aro knelt down to Renesmee's height and took her hand in his delicately before smiling. "Ah... I see..." He smiled at her before standing and looking at Edward. "You have a truly gifted daughter, Edward."

"Thank you, we know."

Aro turned and walked back towards his coven and they began to leave. "Oh my... I almost forgot." Aro mumbled, looking back at us. He nodded towards my father who then motioned his hand towards me, his index finger pointed. My body was cold as I transformed back fully clothed. I was shocked as I stared at Aro and my father. "Allia Accalia, did you receive the message Devin was to give you?"

Everyone's eyes landed upon me. "No, I did not." I lied smoothly, remembering that I was to have an answer ready by today.

In all honesty, I hadn't thought much of it the past few weeks. Everyone was mostly concerned about Renesmee and her safety. I hadn't told anyone about it either, I didn't need to put more worries atop their shoulders.

"Ah I see, you disposed of him too quickly to get the message." He mused. "I'll simply tell you myself, then. I want you to come with us, join our coven. I'm sure that we can do great things, Allia."

"Why do you want her, Aro?" Carlisle questioned. "She's a shape-shifter. She would kill you."

"Ah, I'm afraid that is classified information, Carlisle." He replied. "There is no need to concern yourself." He turned back towards me and smiled. "If you agree, your father will be free to do whatever he wishes and we shall let him leave in exchange for you. You have one week's time to make you choice. If you do not want to join, stay here and we will take care of you. If you agree... come back home."

"What are you planning, Aro...?" Carlisle mumbled to himself.

"I expect to see you soon, Allia. I don't like to be disappointed."

With that, the Volturi, along with my father, were gone.

I already knew my decision. I didn't need a second thought about it. I was going to join them. I would do it to free my father.

He made a sacrifice for me, and I will do the same for him.

"You're really going to go, Allia?" Edward questioned. "Your father's sacrifice would be in vain if you go."

"Allia, you cannot go to the Volturi." Carlisle stated. "They'll kill you."

"I can and I will, Carlisle. I'm afraid that neither of you have a choice in this."

"What about me?" I turned to see Embry in his shorts, hair a mess with watery eyes. "Don't I have a say in this, Allia...?"

"Embry... I have to go."

"NO! You don't!"

"Yes, I do, Embry! I have to do this!" I screamed, my eyes beginning to water up as well. I hated fighting with Embry. He was my best friend, and screaming at him made me feel awful. It made me feel like I was a horrible friend.

I ran into the trees and heard everyone running after me. I stripped my clothes off with haste and shifted, soon sprinting away from everyone.

I actually wished that Devin was still around. He could've been able to transport me out of here and to the Volturi easily...

An impact on my left side shoved me into a three, and I whined out in pain. The force was so brutal and I lost my form, changing back into my human state. I looked up out of my blurred and watery eyes, blinking and letting the tears cascade down.

"I'm sorry, Allia." Jacob mumbled softly. "I can't let you go. I won't let you go."

My eyes shut slowly and I felt a few drops of water hit my cheeks. All I could think of was the fact that the sky wasn't gloomy or dark like it usually was.

I could only think of the fact that those droplets weren't rain...

They were tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
About 4 pages long. Not as long as I would've liked, but... this chapter is where the exciting stuff begins. (;

Once again, I never finished reading Breaking Dawn so I know that the way I made things happen wasn't how it was in the book, so please forgive me for that. I basically went on vague summaries of the third book, so I know that I made it very tedious to read. :(

Anyways, I hope that you liked it! And I hope you liked reading the last part as much as I liked writing it! (;
Please comment if you agree/like the chapter!

Thanks to all that did comment on the last chapter! You're awesome!