Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Faith

To be honest, I didn't really care about the sickeningly sweet odor the leeches reeked of as the pack and myself sat in their living room. I was far too concerned about Allia, about what she was doing, about where she was, but most importantly about how she was. The simple thought of her being in pain or feeling afraid sent pangs throughout my entire body.

The Cullens didn't know what to say after we had explained the current situation. Carlisle, however, was the most worried out of all of them.

"I'm going to go and get her to bring her back." I told them.

"And I'm going with him." Embry added.

"So am I."

We were all shocked to find that Leah had been the one who had spoken.

"Why the hell are you going, Leah?" Paul eyed her suspiciously.

"She's helped me out. Besides, I can't even fathom the idea of staying here without an intelligent human being." She replied curtly.

"Bitch." Paul mumbled.

"Of course, I'll be coming along, too." Carlisle declared. "I'll be paying for everyone's transportation."

"I'm going, too." Edward stated.

"Why you?" I couldn't help but ask.

"She was apart of the effort to keep Renesmee safe. I owe her."

Shaking my head, dismissing the matter, I turned towards Carlisle. "When can we leave?"

"I've already bought the tickets." One of the vampires, Alice, replied perkily as she entered the room. "Tomorrow night at around seven is when the plane departs."

"Tomorrow night...?!" I bellowed. "She might not have that long!!"

"There were no earlier flights." Alice responded, a bit of an edge to her voice.

"Stop complaining, mutt. Be glad that we're helping you out." Blondie hissed.

"Rosalie!" Carlisle sent her a warning look.

"We'll be taking our leave now, Carlisle." Sam stated, walking out of the home, the rest of the pack following.

As I reached the front door, I turned to them all. "Thanks for helping."

"Allia means something to us. We're more than happy to help." Carlisle replied, a smile on his pale pink lips.

I only nodded before leaving the premises and dashing home to get a good night's rest.

I entered my humble red home tiredly and dragged my body into bed after stripping down to my boxers. I tossed and turned in my bed, not finding any position to be comfortable in the least.

How can I sleep when knowing that she's in potential danger...?

Allia crept into my mind. Her smile flooded my thoughts and I smiled at the simple thought of hearing her infectious laughter accompany her pearly whites. I imagined holding her in my arms, feeling her soft, fair skin against my own. I could feel the tingling sensation on my lips as I thought about her own.

I rolled onto my back as I imagined hearing her sweet heartbeat. It's comforting "th-thump" rhythm acting as a sweet lullaby. I never wanted to hear that heartbeat stop.

I promise your heartbeat will never stop with me around...

-{}-


I woke up on my own and realized I had overslept dramatically; it was already going to be 6:45 pm...! I rolled out of bed and headed into the shower, attempting to calm my nerves that were currently going haywire. After getting out and getting dressed, I began to fill a backpack from my old days when I was enrolled in La Push High School with a few clothes. I wasn't exactly planning on staying there for long. I kept telling myself I'd find Allia in no time at all and we'd all head back to the reservation to have a normal life... well, as normal as it could get.

Then I'll tell her about everything. We'll be together. It'll be perfect.

There was a familiar howl and I looked out my bedroom window to see both Embry and Leah standing at the edge of the woods, waiting for me to come out so we could head to the Cullens'.

I put the backpack over my shoulder and walked out of my room to find my dad parked by the backdoor in his wheelchair. He looked up at me with his dark brown eyes, and they gave a certain glimmer.

"Go get her, Jake." He said with his usual grin.

I smiled before bending over and giving him a hug. "I will, dad. I'll be back soon."

Rushing out of the room and towards the trees, the three of us shifted after passing the first few. We sprinted towards the leeches and shifted back, changing into appropriate attire once we arrived.

Carlisle and Edward were already outside waiting for us. They carried their own backpacks and soon the small vampire came out.

"Are we all here?" Alice inquired, twirling around a set of car keys in her hands.

"Yes. We're ready, Alice." Carlisle replied.

She nodded before practically skipping into the family's garage and driving out of it with an SUV that looked brand new.

"Jacob!!"

My head snapped up to find her. My heart didn't feel any sort of tug indicating happiness. I was indifferent. "Embry, take my stuff?"

He nodded solemnly before retrieving my backpack and taking it towards the car where everyone was beginning to load their belongings and themselves into the vehicle.

I sighed as I knelt down to her height. "Hey Renesmee, how are you?"

"Why haven't you been visiting me...?" She inquired sadly, disregarding my earlier question.

"I've been really busy, Nessie."

"Doing what?"

"Things. Nessie I—"

"It's her isn't it? That girl Allia?" She whispered. "She's trying to take you away from me...!" Her eyes held tears in them and I could do nothing but wait for them to fall.

"Don't talk about her like that, Nessie. She's a good person." I told her. "I love her."

"So you hate me now..."

"No... no, never. I could never hate you, Nessie." I insisted, wiping away a few tears. "The love I have for you is different. I love you both."

"Jacob, please stay with me..."

"I'm sorry, Nessie. I have to go to Allia. She needs me right now."

"But I need you, too!"

"And I'll come back as soon as I can after Allia's safe and sound."

She sniffled. "Promise...?"

"I pinky promise." I replied, sticking out the last finger on my hand.

She grinned through her tear stained face wrapped her pinky around mine. "I'm holding you to this!!" She yelled happily before running up the stairs and into her mother's arms.

"Jake..." Bella began. "Be careful."

I nodded as I began to head towards the car. "I will, goodbye Bells."

-{}-


The plane ride was pure torture. I had never thought such a long flight was possible. Needless to say I was thankful when we had arrived and I eagerly began to stretch my sleeping limbs along with Embry and Leah while Carlisle and Edward began to search for any clues about Allia's whereabouts.

The five of us then walked outside of the airport and looked around, not sure about what to do next.

Suddenly... I smelled it. Her familiar scent.

My heart began to pound in my chest as I grew anxious.

"Where's the smell coming from, Jacob?" Edward questioned.

"This way."

I led everyone towards the cab drivers and found the one that still had the familiar smell of Allia inside. It was faint, but it was there.

"Excuse me," I looked inside the car at the man who was in the driver's seat. "Have you seen—"

I felt a hand on my shoulder and turned to see Edward. "Jacob, he doesn't know what you're saying. He's not fluent in English."

I immediately moved to the side as Carlisle took my place, speaking Italian with such ease that I was almost jealous. I wanted to know what he was saying...!

Carlisle smiled at the man, mumbling what I thought was a thank you before leading us away from the car. "The man said he took a girl who looked like Allia to Pienza—"

"That's not where the Volturi are located, Carlisle. Why would she go there?" Edward looked confused before he got a look of realization after reading his mind, no doubt. Edward began to walk away and left all of us except Carlisle wondering where he was going.

"Pienza is Allia's hometown."

"I remember her mentioning it, once or twice." Embry nodded in agreement.

"Yes, we'll be going there first. I know where her home is so we'll find it in no time. Edward is fetching the car that we rented and should be bringing it around soon."

Within a few minutes, another SUV pulled up. It was all black and had dark tinted windows as well, more than likely to block out the sun so the leeches wouldn't sparkle like they usually did in the sunlight.

Everyone got into the car and Edward was soon following Carlisle's instructions on how to reach the home. After pulling up to the side of the road next to some trees, Carlisle led us into them, relying solely on his memory to guide us to the home.

We all saw it soon enough.

It was shabby and looked about ready to collapse. The plants around it were tall and untamed, clinging to the wood tightly.

"Come on,"

Carlisle guided everyone into the house and it looked more homey than the outside. There was furniture that was overrun by insects and cobwebs, some of it tipped over and some of it smashed to pieces. Antique bowls and cups sat upon the table that looked ready to crumble to the ground that was dusty and gray.

Carlisle walked over to a bookshelf before looking through a few books, soon finding the one he wanted. "If I know Phillip..." He murmured to himself, soon smiling as he took out a small piece of parchment.

"What is it?" Leah inquired.

"Phillip always left a note when he knew I'd be coming and didn't know if we'd be able to see each other." Carlisle explained.

"What does it say?" Embry asked.

Carlisle unfolded the paper and read it aloud. "Carlisle. Allia is wanted by the Volturi because of the abilities she inherited from me. She's in grave danger. I understand that you know Volterra is the location of the Volturi, but you mustn't go there. Not yet at least.

"I know for a fact that Aro is keeping her as she is until the first of the upcoming month. That's when they'll force me to take away her shifter gene. They want her as is until the first because they're going to have me teach her how to harness the powers she possesses. They believe that she'll be able to access those abilities easier while she's still a shifter. I believe so as well.

"Carlisle, she needs to know how to do this. These powers will give you all an advantage when you come for her. She'll be able to help fight them off. Come to Volterra on the first, and that's when we'll help her escape. I shall see you soon, my friend."

"He can't be serious. That's two weeks from now!" I yelled. "Not to mention the possibility of it being a complete trap for us...!"

"Jacob, I've known Phillip for a long time. He would never do such a thing, especially when concerning Allia. Please... have faith in him."

I scowled before walking out of the home and into the woods, taking out my anger on trees by punching them and leaving slight indents.

That was something I needed a lot of right now... Faith...
♠ ♠ ♠
Kind of a filler, but it was a chapter dedicated solely to Jacob's point of view. A nice change, perhaps?
Anyways, what did you think? (: I'm curious to know.

I hope you didn't feel I was trying to make Renesmee be... possessive (is that the word I'm looking for...?) of Jacob, because I wasn't. I was just trying to let everyone know that she's still a child and can get clingy (you know what I mean? Kinda like a kid not wanting to be separated from his/her favorite toy). (:

Ooh, Jacob's a toy... x)
Well, at least to Renesmee. I see him as a man, baby!! (;

Thanks to all who commented on the previous chapter, especially to JustThinking who wished me luck in college. Thanks a lot, girl!! :D

Anyways, comments are lovely. Please make my day by leaving me one!(:
<3