Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Now Or Never

Two weeks had gone by in the blink of an eye, well, almost two weeks. It was almost unreal in a way, but I feel that I've learned so much more about myself in the past thirteen days than I have in my entire life. It was all thanks to my dad, and I know that if it weren't for him, I'd probably be dead by now.

After my dad and I had left our old home to continue to rot in the middle of the night, he and I made our way to Volterra to meet the Volturi. He was very serious as he led me down into the chambers below the city. However, when we arrived in the large room where they were all gathered, it looked somewhat regal with Marcus, Caius, and Aro sitting upon their designated thrones in the middle of the room with their guard surrounding them.

Aro was, naturally, the first to acknowledge my presence by standing up and opening his arms wide in welcome, as if for me to run into them to hug him, while exposing his small and ever-so-phony smile.

"Allia, darling, it's such a pleasure to see you again. I'm very pleased to see that you've decided to take us up on our offer." He greeted me, soon standing right before me, taking my hand and kissing the back of it.

My shifter gene was going haywire with the natural urge to alter and attack.... kill Aro on-site, along with all the others in the room.

"Hmm... it seems I'm not able to see into your thoughts." Aro's grin grew as the ends of his lips drew upwards. "Perfect. No doubt another ability that you've inherited from your father."

"Probably." I grumbled.

Aro patted my hand softly before letting it go, and my arm fell to the side of my body limply. "So, I'm sure that you're wondering why you're here, right Allia?"

"How'd you know?" I replied with a bit of an edge in my voice.

The blond girl from the clearing — Jane, I believe her name was, hissed at me cruelly. "Don't talk to him like that. Show some respect for those better than you, mutt."

"Jane!" Aro yelled, staring angrily at the girl. "What did I tell you about how to treat our special guests...?"

"I'm sincerely sorry, Aro."

"Yes, well... see to it that it doesn't happen again, Jane."

Jane nodded her head with a bow, and Aro's eyes landed upon me once more. "So would you care to know, Allia?" I nodded my head in response and he began to explain.

"You see, your father has been a great contributor to this coven because of his powers. However, we're now finding that his power... is diminishing, making him no longer useful to us." He looked over at my dad with a smile and then turned back to me. "This is where you come in, Allia. We remembered about Phillip's only child and we figured that you had to have inherited some sort of gene from your father."

"And so now you plan to change me to join the coven in place of my dad."

"Precisely."

"When do you plan on doing this?"

"That, my dear, Allia, I'm afraid is a secret." Aro answered, turning around and walking back to his large chair in the middle of Caius and Marcus, sitting down and crossing his legs comfortably. "Until then, you will be treated no differently then the others in this coven. You will have your own room and are free to explore our home whenever you like. You are allowed to go outside, however, you must be accompanied by someone."

"If you do not adhere to these rules, your privileges will be taken and you will be accompanied by someone at all times." Caius declared.

Since then, I've been training nonstop with my dad and finding out different skills I never knew I had. I've been able to control my abilities much easier and feel comfortable using them.

I've learned that I can move items with telepathy, I can not only control fire, but earth as well, and I can also control someone's actions with my mind, though it takes so much energy that I feel too drained afterwards, and so I've been instructed to not use this unless in life threatening situations. My dad has also been instructing me on how to create tonics and such to help heal injuries and illnesses.

"Very good, Allia." My dad commented as he staggered back, panting and catching his breath. He and I had just finished training. We had been perfecting all of my moves. We had just wrapped up training my telepathic abilities.

"Thanks," I replied, slightly panting as well.

"Let's be done training for tonight."

"Alright, sounds good."

"Here," He held out a small vial with a transparent concoction inside it. "This will help you fall asleep and take away any soreness you might have from all this training tonight."

"Thanks daddy," I smiled, hugging him. "Goodnight."

"Goodnight, Allia. I'll see you in the morning."

I sauntered tiredly down the cobblestone corridors until reaching my room. I pushed open the polished wooden door and closed it behind myself. I changed into a nightgown that was —reluctantly — given to me by Jane, and got settled into bed. I picked up the small container that my dad a given me and then drank it eagerly. Immediately I felt the effects.

My entire body became numb and the world began to sway around me. I fell backwards onto the pillows behind me and felt my eyelids cover my blue orbs, shrouding me in darkness. Within seconds, I was in a dream...

I was back home. The house wasn't surrounded by weeds and didn't look like it had days ago. I curiously headed towards the door and into the home. The furniture wasn't broken or dirty, the floors looked swept, and the air wasn't musty and hard to breathe.

My heartstrings were pulled as I remembered memories from my childhood.

"Allia..." I spun around and saw my dad standing in the door frame.

"Hey dad."

"Allia, this isn't a dream. The potion that you drank, that was a special serum that I made to connect your dreams with my thoughts. Listen carefully."

"What's wrong, dad?"

"Tomorrow they're planning on changing you. They're going to have me create a potion that will take out the shifter gene. However, I know that Carlisle will be here tomorrow, most likely with Jacob to come and save you."

"What's going to happen when they do come?"

"I'm not sure. There has never been an attack on the Volturi on their own turf. This is like suicide mission." He replied. "Allia, you have to use your powers. Promise me that you'll use your powers to escape, that you'll do what I tell you when I tell you so you can make it out of here alive."

"I promise, I will." I nodded my head and he walked up to me, enveloping me in a hug.

"Thank you, Allia. I feel so much more at ease knowing this."

"But dad, what happens to you?"

"Allia, I will do everything in my power to make it out." He said. "But I'm not promising anything."

I was then brought out of my dream by being tapped on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and saw Felix above me.

"Breakfast," He grunted, soon leaving the room and closing the door.

I saw before me my usual meal of eggs, toast, and sausage on a silver plate, a tall glass of orange juice to drink along with it. "Thank you." I replied tiredly, knowing that with his sensitive hearing he could catch my words of gratitude through the door.

After eating and getting ready for the day in my usual clothing, I took a deep breath. Today was possibly my last day as a shifter, and possibly my first as a vampire...

What am I gonna do...?

In all honesty, I was starting to worry. I didn't want to become a... a monster. I wanted to stay as I was. I wanted to remain a shifter. My thoughts traveled to Jacob. What would he do if he found out about this metamorphosis...?

I could only think of one logical explanation. He would hate me.

It would be second nature to him.

Maybe if I was lucky, when I lost the shifter gene, I would lose my imprint as well. Then I wouldn't have to go through such misery...

There was a knock on my door and my dad walked in.

"Allia..." He said. "It's time."

I nodded solemnly and walked over to him. "Let's go."

We walked down the corridors and into the large room where everyone was gathered. Aro rose from his chair and Caius and Marcus remained sitting.

"Ah, Allia. It's nice to see you again." He said, clapping his hands together as he made his way down to the few stairs to meet me. "Today... today is the day where you will be able to join us... become one of us." Aro turned to my dad and nodded at him. "Go fetch it, won't you, Phillip?"

My dad then sped off quickly and returned with a vial filled with a black liquid, handing it to Aro carefully. "Here it is."

"Thank you, Phillip."

My dad stood next to me and Aro smiled wickedly. "This concoction your father prepared is designed to rip that horrid shifter gene from you, making you like him."

"After I drink this will you let my dad go?"

"Why of course, I'm a man of my word."

Aro removed the cap on the vial and held it in front of me. I slowly extended my arm out and received the container from his grasp. I lifted it up to my lips and took a deep breath.

It's now or never.

I tipped the vile and the liquid came rushing into my mouth. The rancid substance tasted vinegary and burned my throat as it fizzed its way down my esophagus.

I took the glass bottle away from my lips and stared at the floor.

What have I just done...?
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry it took a long while to get this out. I went on vacation to Las Vegas for a few days after my graduation and just got back late Thursday night. I started Friday and well, here it is. (:

Any-who, I hope you liked this update. I like the outfit for Allia. It's not much, but I think it's the perfect Volturi outfit for her(:

The next update... that might take a while. I'm not sure how this whole "battle scene" is going to play out and frankly, I kinda suck at writing them. )=

Ahaha, anyways... OMFG we reached 100 comments...?! :o
That is amazing!! >:D
Thanks so much for sticking with this story and for not being silent readers. You are all amazing. Thank you so, so, so much!!
<3