Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Familiarity

“Wake up, Allia!” An enthusiastic voice called. I stretched inside the bed and tried to ignore the continuous calls of my name. “Allia, Allia, Allia, wake up!”

I wedged my head between the pillow and the mattress, attempting to silence or at least muffle the sound. It was ripped from my hands, and the blankets that covered my body were stolen from me, the cool air grazing my body soothingly.

“What…?” I mumbled.

“Get up!”

“Why…?”

“Because!”

I waited a few seconds. “Fine,”

Hands grabbed my shoulders and quickly, yet gently, sat me upright. I looked up and saw Seth through my blurry vision, his smile was easily seen. I rubbed my eyes a few times and looked at him and saw the sunlight that was streaming inside the room through open curtains.

“What happened to waking me up for dinner?” I asked tiredly with a small chuckle.

“We tried!” He laughed. “You ignored everything we tried; we even put some water on your face! It made you groan, but you didn’t wake up.”

“Oh… sorry about that…”

He chuckled heartily. “It’s fine; did you ever get a good night’s sleep when you were traveling?”

“Um, I’ve stayed up for about two days lately, trying to hunt Devin down. Usually, I get about three to four hours—five if I’m lucky.” I yawned out.

“Wow… so you’re really sleep deprived,” He mused. “Okay, well, here. These are Emily’s clothes from when she was younger and in high school. Don’t tell her I said that—she’ll bite my head off. She found them when she was looking through her closet. She says that you can have them.” He then handed me a large stack of clothes. “She said that there are about four pairs of jeans, some shorts, and shirts.”

“Cool, thanks,” I said and walked with them over to the dresser, putting them all away.

“Okay, well get dressed! We’re starting to eat breakfast downstairs at the table.”

“Sure, be down in a few minutes,” I nodded and he walked out of the room without anything else to say.

I looked through her clothes and saw a pair of denim shorts and a nice and baggy white top. I didn’t like wearing tight clothes, I felt a bit constricted. I’m actually claustrophobic. After changing, I walked down the steps and sat down at the table in an empty seat.

“Good morning, sleeping beauty,” Paul greeted sarcastically, earning a few chuckles from Jared. “To what do I owe this displeasure?”

“Are you really going to be this much of a diva because I rejected you?” I looked at him oddly.

“You’re a—”

“Don’t start, Paul,” Sam stated through a mouthful of eggs and bacon.

Paul gave his alpha an irritated look, but kept quiet nonetheless, obeying his command. It was quiet as I served myself and began to slowly eat, the delicious and well-cooked food that was going into my mouth tasting like ecstasy due to my rarely eating cooked food—or anything at all for that matter.

“So, how did you sleep, Allia?” Emily questioned with sincere curiosity.

“Like a rock,”

“Obviously,” Paul muttered.

“Paul, be nice!” Emily lectured, giving the boy a stern look before returning her attention back to me with a smile.

“It felt nice, very relaxing. Thank you all again for letting me stay here, it’s very generous.”

“Think nothing of it, we don’t mind.” Emily grinned and took a sip of her coffee.

“Yea, you’re cool, Allia,” Embry smiled.

“Um, thank you…” I said through a small chuckle. No one had ever told me that before…

“So I was thinking, that maybe after eating, we’d go into Port Angeles and buy you a more fitting wardrobe? I know that my clothes may not be your style, and may be baggy or too tight on you.” Emily said as she brought her empty plate to the sink. “It’s all on me.”

“Emily, are you sure?” I asked. “I don’t want you to be doing things for me when I can’t even pay you back.”

“Yes, I’m sure, Allia. It’ll do me some good to get some girl time around here.” She chuckled.

I stayed quiet before I simply nodded and continued to eat. After having one last serving, the boys got up put their dishes into the sink and then left, saying that they would be back later after patrolling.

I helped Emily wash the dishes, put them all away in their rightful place, and then we were walking out the door. We got into Sam’s truck and Emily began to drive towards Port Angeles.

“So what do you usually wear?” She inquired.

“Well, I’m usually in my other form, so I never really wore clothes. I would have to say shorts, tanks, and sundresses.” I replied. “I’m sorry if that’s not much.”

She laughed. “Don’t worry, Allia.” She smiled. “What do you like to wear for shoes?”

“I like sandals—especially the ones with all the straps.”

“You mean Gladiator sandals?”

“I believe so, yes,”

She nodded. “Well, I’m sure we’ll be able to find something there for your taste.” She said.

After driving for about forty-five minutes or so, we pulled into a more modern city. I hadn’t been in one of these for years…

Emily drove into a parking lot and was able to snatch a good spot next to the exit. I got out and Emily led me towards one of the shoe stores seeing as my feet were squished inside of her old tennis shoes. We ended up buying three pairs: two pairs of gladiator sandals and one pair of regular shoes. We headed into another store and began to browse through their selection of clothes. We bought a few sundresses, shorts, tank tops, and cropped shirts. Emily did manage to talk me into buying a few jeans, saying that rainy and chilly weather was common, and so with that we were heading back to La Push.

“Thank you for doing this for me, Emily. It really does mean a lot.” I said.

“Oh, don’t worry about it. I had fun shopping. I hardly do it.” She said. “When you’re living in a house full of teenage boys and men, you don’t get to do many feminine things.”

“I haven’t had clothes in months, but I haven’t had my own clothes in years.”

She frowned, but then it turned slowly into a grin. “Well, I’m glad I could be the one to provide you with them.”

“Thanks, Emily,” I smiled gratefully.

-{}-

As soon as we got home, I immediately put my new clothes away into the dresser that had occupied my room before and walked downstairs to find Sam and Embry walking in.

“Hello Allia,” Sam greeted.

“Hey Allia,” Embry grinned.

“Hey Sam, Embry,” I replied. “What’s up?”

“Embry was going to take you out and show you how we patrol the area.” Sam explained. “Show you the territory and where the borders are.”

“Oh, okay,” I nodded. “Sounds good.”

“Yea, so come on,” Embry motioned towards the door by moving his head and gave me a smile. I gave a small smile back and then walked out with him to the tree line. “Just go behind the trees and shift, I’ll go more over here so you can get some privacy.”

“Okay, where do I put my clothes?”

“Just go ahead and leave them on the floor. No one will take ‘em.”

I nodded and went behind a few of the large Red Oaks. I stripped down and then began to shift, feeling myself naturally go onto all fours. I felt the dirt between my paws and my senses enhance.

I heard someone getting closer and saw a gray wolf with dark spots on his back come out timidly from the trees. He motioned his head towards the thicker area of the woods, and I nodded back. Since we couldn’t hear each other, I could only guess as to what he was trying to get through to me.

We slowly walked in that direction until we got to a brisk jog. He would occasionally sniff the trees, air, and ground, searching for a trace of vampire, and took me around what I thought was the border. About an hour had passed and even though Embry and I couldn’t understand what we were trying to say to each other, it was funny as hell trying to figure it out.

Embry began to charge at me and tackled me into a tree—not hard, just playfully, and he ran off. I thought that I was supposed to take this as a hint to start playing Tag, and so I set off after him, following his scent that he left behind.

It led me do a stream and I cursed him mentally. Scents always got lost in water… How was I supposed to find him now…?

I licked my lips with my long dog tongue and bent over to take a sip of the water. The cool liquid that went down felt wonderful on my dry mouth; I could feel it soothing my hot insides as it went down my throat.

My nose twitched and my claws jutted out from my paws, and my head darted up. I saw the small child vampire and felt bad for what I was about to do. The poor child never stood a chance…

I bared my teeth at it and a low growl escaped from my throat. The child didn’t flinch or show a sign of fear or surprise, and I let out a loud bark of anger at that. I wanted the thing to be frightened of me. It made me feel like I wasn’t the one in danger.

Then I noticed something. From inside the girl… a heartbeat was thudding aloud, and I stopped my barking at the girl for a while.

A vampire then appeared from the brush, racing in front of the child with a loud hiss coming from her mouth. She had brown wavy hair, chalk white skin, and amber eyes.

Seeing the new vampire sent me once again into a frenzy as I continued growling and barking.

Out from behind the trees, a russet colored wolf came springing out and stopped right in front of me, growling and baring it’s teeth, sending death glares right at me.

The eyes of the wolf made me feel soothed and reassured—almost as if there was no problems.

The feeling made me realize that it was Jacob underneath all that silk-like fur. My imprint was the one who was looking at me with such unimaginable hatred.

I backed off almost instantly and took a few steps back.

Embry burst through the trees and then looked at the scene. He went towards me and guided me into the trees, out of sight.

He shifted and I made sure not to look at his private parts. “Go home and tell Sam to come to the stream. Then shift back but make sure to bring your clothes along this time.”
I slowly nodded and watched him shift back into his own form, and return back to where Jacob was. I darted off into the woods and it took me about five minutes to get back home.

I changed into my clothes that were still there like Embry said they would be, and ran into the home, finding Sam talking with the rest of the pack.

“Sam, Embry needs you at the stream.” I said immediately once they were in my sight.

He stood up along with everyone else and went running out the door and into the woods.

“Just had to do something wrong, didn’t you, Allia?” Paul muttered.

I rolled my eyes and began to run out too when Emily stopped me.

“Wait,” She called.

I halted right at the door, almost skidding through the screen and turned to face her. “Yes, Emily?”

She quickly came over and handed me a string. “Tie your clothes to this. This is how the boys and Leah do it.” She said.

“Thank you,” I smiled and gave a quick nod before bursting out the door and into the trees.

After tying my clothes onto the string and putting it around my ankle, I shifted and went sprinting off into forest after the pack. I got there within minutes and quickly changed back into my clothes walking out to find everyone’s eyes on me. There were more vampires here and the entire pack was assembled before my eyes.

To say the least, it was intimidating.

Nervously, I walked over to Embry’s side and stood there, and Sam continued to talk with who I thought was the leader of their vampire coven.

“This is Allia Accalia, she’s new here and doesn’t know the territory or your family. When Renesmee showed herself, she was caught by surprise.” Sam explained. “At least that’s what I believed to have happened.” He looked over at me for a confirmation.

“Yes, that’s what happened.”

“Remember everything that you did,” One of the leeches with brown, gravity defying hair spoke. “Step by step. Think of what happened.” I looked at the leech as he now stood next to the mother of Renesmee, and I slowly nodded, confused but willing to cooperate.

I thought of the stream, how I took a drink, Renesmee’s smell and unusual heartbeat, and then how the woman came out with a protective hiss of her child.

The man nodded. “She’s telling the truth.” He stated.

“Hey, I’m sorry for all the commotion I’ve caused. Really… I mean it.” I spoke. The thing was, I meant it sincerely, however saying it to a bunch of leeches just didn’t sit right with me. It felt backwards… “Are we alright?”

There was a silence and the man looked at me questioningly, as if trying to see if there was some underlying meaning behind my apology. Was it really that hard to believe me…?

“Edward…” A man with sleeked back, platinum blond hair looked at him expectantly.

“Yes… we’re fine.” Edward nodded. “And yes, it is a bit hard to believe you.”

The air seemed to become less tense and easier to breathe, even if he was still hostile towards me. Everyone began to walk away when one of the vampires called out for us.

“Sam, wait,” We turned to see the platinum blond haired man again. “Would you mind if I introduce my family to Allia?” He shook his head and the man smiled before looking over at me with the small grin. “My name is Dr. Carlisle Cullen. This is my wife, Esme, and my children, Emmett, Rosalie, Jasper, Alice, Edward and his wife Bella. Renesmee is my grandchild.”

“It’s nice to meet you all.” I nodded.

The blond one, Rosalie, sneered and rolled her eyes. “Stupid lying mutt,”

“Rosalie,” Carlisle warned. “Anyways, feel free to come over to our home whenever you’d like. Our door is always open.”

Weird offer, I thought. I never planned on getting invited anywhere by a vampire.

Carlisle simply nodded, flashed a quick smile, and then went off along with his family into the woods in a blur.

“Are you fraternizing with the enemy, Allia?” Paul questioned.

“Paul, shut your mouth!” Embry yelled in my defense. “God, stop being such a whiny bitch!”

“Why are you comparing me to her?” Paul spat. “And why are you sticking up for her, anyways? I’m your brother—you should have my back not hers. Do you wanna get in her pants or what?”

Embry burst out of his clothes and into his wolf form. A growl ripped from his throat and it echoed loudly, rebounding and ricocheting off the trees. Paul did the same and the two flew at each other, snapping, biting, barking, and jumping at one another.

“Embry! Paul! Stop fighting, NOW!” Sam barked angrily, his voice booming with authority. I had never seen him so infuriated… Both boys changed back and I averted my eyes from their nude bodies. “I want everyone to go back home now. Embry, Paul, we’re going to have to talk about both your attitudes. Get going. Now.”

Everyone walked behind the trees and shifted, soon running together back home. The mood that surrounded us made me hang my head down slightly in shame.

Why was I creating such a ruckus for these people?

And why did the name Carlisle Cullen have such a familiarity to it…?
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took a while. I hope you enjoyed it though (;