Status: Fin.

Mythical Beings & Mystical Feelings

Suicidal Maniac

I shot up in the bed and took deep breaths, hyperventilating. My hands were entangled in the sheets, my fingers grasping them for dear life. Small beads of sweat were on my forehead and neck, and I could feel more starting to gather.

What the hell was all that? I thought and ran a few hands through my hair. Who are the Volturi?

Why did this all have to be so confusing…?

Then I remembered what my dad said. “There’s one vampire that you can always trust no matter what—his name is Carlisle Cullen.” That was it. That’s where I had heard his name from.

My father knew him…?

I find the answer to one question and another one comes up. I rolled my eyes and put my face into my hands as a headache came about.

I only knew one thing. I had to find out more about this man, which meant I had to go to the Cullen residence to interrogate Carlisle himself.

I don’t even know where he lives though, I groaned. At this rate I was going no where.

I pushed the blankets to the foot of the bed, and got up, stretching slightly as I walked over to the dresser. I looked through my clothes, and picked out a loose tank top and a pair of worn out denim shorts. I walked out into the hallway, grabbed a towel from a cubby, and headed into the bathroom for a quick shower.

Throughout my steamy wash, Carlisle Cullen and the Volturi raced throughout my mind. My questions and curiosity would be the death of me. Curiosity killed the cat, you know… however, it would be more like ‘curiosity killed the wolf’ in my case. You get what I mean though…

I soon came out, placed my dirty clothes into the hamper like Emily had told me to do so she could wash them, and I walked down the stairs, my stringy and moist brown hair shaking with each step I took. The smell of breakfast hit me like a brick wall as I stepped into the dining room and immediately I could feel my mouth salivating with hunger. I took my usual seat along with everyone else and began to serve myself, soon eating the food with greed.

“I was going to go over to see Renesmee and Bella today.” Jacob said.

“Good, why don’t you take Allia with you?” Sam suggested.

“Um… why?” He looked confused, and I was hurt by his response—though I didn’t show it, Embry frowned a bit and looked at me with sympathy in his brown eyes.

“Allia can talk to them about Devin and what she knows about him.” He said. “So that way they can be on the lookout for him, too.”

“Oh,” Jacob gave a nod and continued to eat his breakfast without another word.

Thanks for making me feel worse than I already do… I thought and gave a small sigh, my appetite slowly disappearing.

-{}-

I finished washing the last of the dishes and I saw Jacob sitting at the table, looking bored as his eyes gazed up at the ceiling, his head rolled back and looking relaxed.

“You done?” He asked.

“Yea, I just finished.”

“Okay, get your shoes on and let’s go walk over to my place.” He said.

“Your place?” I asked.

I felt my heart slightly quicken, my moods became elevated with hope. Did he perhaps decide to cancel his meeting with the Cullens to get to know me better or hang out…?

“Yea, my bike is over there and it’ll be better than running through the woods over to their house.” He said.

Everything diminished into nothing. In fact, I felt worse than before, worse than I had ever felt before in my life…

“Oh, alright, I’ll be down in a few.” I replied and walked up the stairs quickly.

Once I got in my room I let my frown surface and felt my eyes collect tears in them. Don’t you dare let them fall, Allia Accalia. You don’t need someone to love. You don’t need an imprint. And you especially don’t need Jacob. I told myself, and made the blurry vision go away within seconds.

“Allia, you done yet?” Jacob called from downstairs.

I felt anger swell up inside me. Don’t let it get to you. “Yea, just finishing, be down soon.” I yelled back, a bit of anger evident in my voice.

I grabbed my gladiator sandals and slipped them on, securing the straps and walking out of the room and down the stairs, once again seeing the jerk wad who made me feel so confused and upset. I had to stop myself from letting out a small growl…

“Done,” I said in a fake, optimistic tone.

“Great, let’s go.” He said, giving me a small smile.

I smiled back subconsciously, and when he turned around, I realized he had just, yet again, made my heart flutter with ease and purpose, and I cursed his existence in my head, my hands balling up into fists as I imagined myself strangling the boy cruelly.

With a roll of my eyes, I followed him out of the house and he began to walk in the direction that I could only assume was to his home. It was quiet, an awkward silence filled the air, and I could feel his eyes occasionally glance over at me, though I refused to let my gaze meet his.

“So…” He began.

I didn’t reply, I simply ignored his attempt at starting a conversation.

“Uh… where’d you come from?”

I sighed, and decided to answer him to not make things worse between us. “Pienza, it’s a small town in the region of Tuscany.” I said, and I saw a look of confusion. He had no clue where Tuscany was. “Tuscany is in Italy.” A wave of realization overcame him and he nodded.

“So you’re Italian,”

“Yep,”

“That’s cool.”

“Mhm,”

I knew that my short and simple replies were getting to him, I could feel his curiosity about me diminish—something that I was happy and yet sad for. I liked him asking questions about me, well, I just liked to hear him talk actually, but I was still a bit upset from earlier.

“Are you mad at me, Lee?”

Lee? Who or what had given him the right to call me by the nickname Embry had given me? “No, why would I be mad at you?”

“I don’t know, you tell me.” He said.

“Well, I don’t know what to tell you, Jacob…”

He sighed and that was it for our ‘conversation’.

It was quiet the rest of the way to his house, and as soon as we got there, I took in everything about it. It was small, humble, with faded red paint, a tall white door, with a few patches of missing paint that had chipped off earlier, a small wooden porch with a ramp—why did he need one of those?—and a few shingles from the roof were missing and scattered everywhere. It was all surrounded by towering trees like the rest of the reservation.

It was then that I saw a man rolling out onto the porch in a wheelchair, and I immediately knew why he needed the ramp. He wore a black hat that was atop his long dark hair, a few of which were graying, regular jeans, a plain dark blue top, and a red plaid jacket. I needed no introduction to know that his was Jacob’s dad—their faces were similar.

“Jacob,” He called. “Who’ve you got there?”

“This is the new shifter Sam told you about, Allia Accalia.”

“Oh, it’s nice to meet you, Allia.” He smiled and extended his arm out as Jacob and I finally reached him at the porch. I took his hand and shook it gently. “My name’s Billy.”

“It’s nice to meet you also, Billy.” I smiled.

His grin grew slightly and he put both of his hands onto his lap comfortably. “So how long do you expect to be staying with the pack?” He inquired curiously, not in any way sounding rude.

“I’m not sure. After the guys and I take out a vampire, I’m sure that’s when I’ll be leaving La Push and heading back to Italy. At least that’s what I think.”

“Oh, so you’re a ways from home,”

“Yea, but I travel a lot so I don’t have an actual home to stay at. Italy is where I was born and raised so I simply consider it home.”

“Well, that only seems to be more of a reason to stay here.” He said. “Where do you travel?”

“I’ve been all around Europe. Basically anywhere I can find a leech and keep the people around the area safe. I was last in Germany before I came here.”

“How long were you there?”

“About five years, maybe,” I said. “Staying there for so long made me a bit fluent in the language.”

“That’s very nice.” he laughed, and soon turned to his son. “Jake, Bella called and asked when you were coming over because Renesmee is getting impatient.”

Frustration flared inside of me, but I kept my cool on the outside, not showing any sign of emotion to the two of them. She could wait—she would live a long life due to her being half vampire, wouldn’t she? Why was she in such a rush to get Jacob?

“Alright, we were just about to leave right now.” He replied. “C’mon, Allia, my bike’s over here.” He began to walk over to a shed and disappeared into the building.

I turned to Billy with a smile. “It was nice meeting you, Billy. Hopefully we’ll see each other again soon.” I said.

“Yes, it was nice meeting you, too, Allia. I have a feeling we will.” He nodded and then wheeled himself back into the house.

I followed Jacob’s earlier path and he was just bringing out his black bike. I read the small metal inscription on the side and it read “Harley-Davidson Sprint”.

“Here,” I looked up and Jacob tossed me a black helmet. “Put it on.” He mounted the bike and after I clipped the two pieces of string together, so did I. I sat right behind him and let my hands rest upon my lap. “Hold on tight.” My hands went upon his shoulders and he looked at me weirdly. “I meant around my waist.”

I moved my hands and slinked them around his waist as he told me to do, and had to scoot myself forward a bit to be more comfortable. Even though I couldn’t feel his skin, my flesh tingled with excitement and delight at being so close.

The engine revved and vibrated and soon we went speeding down the black asphalt towards the Cullen residence.

-{}-

He parked the bike on the side of their large abode and I was in awe of it. It really was a nice home they had.

We both got off the bike and I unclipped the helmet, putting in onto the seat carefully. I shook my head, getting rid of the hat hair I had acquired during the ride over, and we both walked up the porch stairs. Jacob walked right on in and I stayed outside the house, feeling awkward about just walking in uninvited.

Jacob turned and looked at me. “Aren’t you coming?”

“I wasn’t invited in,” I mumbled.

“Oh please, they don’t care,” He rolled his eyes.

“Yes, we don’t.” A voice spoke quite lively. A girl with pixie-like brown hair, curious brown eyes, and chalky skin came down from the stairs with a friendly smile. “My name’s Alice, we saw each other a few days ago, remember?” I nodded slowly. “Come in, there’s no need to be formal.”

I stepped inside the house and looked around awkwardly. “Is Carlisle here by any chance?” I inquired.

“Oh, he’s at work.” She answered. “He works at the hospital in Forks. If you want, you can borrow my car and go over there.”

“Are you sure?”

“Yea, go ahead.” She nodded. “Jasper, could you bring me the keys?” She called.

From the hallway, a blond haired man came out and handed Alice the keys. He wrapped his arms around her and let his chin rest upon her shoulder comfortably.

“Thank you, Jas,” She smiled and extended her arm out towards me, the keys in her small hands. “Here you go, just use the GPS to get over there.”

“Thank you, Alice,” I gave a small smile—which was extremely hard to do since their smell was repulsive and my instincts were screaming at me to just rip her arm off.

“Sure, bye Allia.”

The two of them walked up the stairs and out of sight and I headed back out the front door. I found Alice’s car, which was a brand new black BMW, and got in, easily turning on the engine.

Hopefully I don’t die in this thing. I thought. I hadn’t driven since… 1969, maybe…? Whatever, I’m sure they’re still the same. I shrugged and began to play around with the GPS. I pressed down on the gas and went speeding off, way too fast. I pulled my foot off and braked. Well that was much faster than I remember…

I tried again, pressing lightly on the pedal and soon smoothly gliding forward.

“Much better,” I sighed out.

Within ten minutes or so, I was arriving at Forks General Hospital. I parked in one of the parking garages and locked the car after getting out. I headed into the building and walked over to a receptionist.

“Hi, um I’m here to speak with Dr. Carlisle Cullen. Is he here?”

“He is, who are you?” She asked inquisitively.

“I’m a family friend,” I replied.

“Sorry, but you have to have an appointment to speak with Dr. Cullen.” She looked away towards her computer and began clacking away on the keyboard noisily.

Was she really going to pull that crap with me…?

“Sorry, but it’s an emergency.”

She looked up, surprised that I was still here. “No appointment. No meeting.” She repeated, and returned to her work, a small smirk on her pale pink and chapped lips.

If she’s not going to help me, I’ll help myself. I thought and began to walk away towards a directory to find where the offices were.

I was more than twenty feet away when the receptionist finally noticed I hadn’t taken her seriously. “Hey!” She shouted, making everyone in the lobby turn and stare. “Get out of here before I call security!”

I didn’t look back, I only continued walking towards the elevators, and pushed the button. I could hear her growl with frustration. I looked over my shoulder and saw her scramble over to her phone, pushing buttons furiously. “There’s a girl here who is refusing to cooperate!” She barked into the receiver.

The elevator dinged and I walked inside the small compartment. I pushed the number three and it lit up. Three guards ran out of a corridor and saw me in the elevator.

“She’s the one!” The receptionist yelled.

They then began to run at me, though the doors closed before they could reach the elevator. I felt the lift ascend and it soon dinged again, the doors opening once more to reveal a new level. I walked out and went to another directory, finding Carlisle’s name soon enough.

I heard doors burst open and saw the three guards come out of the stairwell. They ran at me and I began to run away, memorizing Carlisle’s office number.

309… 309… 309…

I looked at the plaques on the walls and found myself getting closer to his office. One read “Offices 300 – 310” and I smiled, soon I wouldn’t have to be running anymore.

I turned a corner and smashed into someone—an extra guard.

“Gotcha!” Arms grabbed mine and yanked me backwards, almost ripping the limbs out of their sockets. “You’re in a lot of trouble, missy.”

“Let me go, you idiots!” I yelled angrily, flailing my arms as best I could in their grasp and becoming dead weight.

“Let her go, I know her.” Carlisle’s voice rung throughout the hallway. “She’s here to see me. Let her go.”

The guards glared at me, but let my arms go nonetheless.

“Think of it this way, you just burned off a few of the donuts you ate.” I stuck out my tongue and their faces reddened.

Sure, it was lame, but I liked making them pissed off.

“Allia, come walk with me to my office.” Carlisle ordered and ushered me away from the fuming guards before I pissed them off further.

We walked into a room and Carlisle closed and locked the door after me. He walked behind his large desk that was organized neatly and motioned for me to sit down on one of the chairs.

“So, to what do I owe this pleasant surprise?” He asked kindly with a small smile.

“Last night Jacob, Embry and I went patrolling. We found a new scent on the land, but it’s one that I’m familiar with. It belongs to a guy named Devin. I’ve been trying to kill him for years when I still lived in Europe. He’s tricky to capture. He’s fast and has an ability.”

“What is it?” He inquired, leaning forward on his elbows.

“If someone is within a certain radius of him, he can transport them to anywhere in the world. He just has to think it and they’re there. That’s how I ended up here.”

“Do you know what he wants?”

“More than likely me, but the pack is refusing to let me leave and for him to follow me.” I stated. “Anyways, Sam ordered me to come and tell you so that way you would know and be able to protect your family.”

“Well, thank you for the valuable information, Allia.” He said.

“It’s not a problem.” I nodded. “Carlisle, before I leave may I ask you a question?”

“Go right ahead,”

“Did you know my father—Phillip Accalia?”

He smiled. “In fact I did,” He nodded. “He was a great man, one of my dearest friends. I met him when he was a young teenager, he helped me escape from werewolves—not shape shifters like you, Sam, and the pack, actual werewolves who change due to a full moon.” He explained. “He saved my life and after that, we stayed in contact. I would visit occasionally and we’d talk, see how things were for the other.” He gave a light hearted chuckle. “I’ll never forget how I met your mother.”

“How… what happened?”

“She shifted right in front of us and tried to attack me. Your father was able to calm her and explained our friendship to her before she did anything hasty, though. It was obvious that she was still on edge about me, but given some time, she warmed up and we became friends… eventually.” I nodded and laughed heartily. Yup, that sounded like mom… “They then got married and soon after had you…

“Allia…” Carlisle began. “Do you… know what happened to your parents…?” He looked concerned, almost frightful about asking. “I visited your home around 1907 and you all weren’t there.”

“My mother died trying to protect me from an attacking coven of vampires when we went traveling, but before last night… I didn’t know what happened to my father.” I started. “I had a dream that was more of a flashback and I saw it all. My father went riding over to Volterra on horse and met with someone named Aro.” I didn’t notice, but Carlisle stiffened considerably. “There was… something about a deal. They wanted me and my father went with them as a sort of substitute. They changed him into a vampire. They’re called the Volturi.”

“I see,” Carlisle mumbled, his voice barely audible.

“Do you know who they are—the Volturi, I mean?

“Yes…” He said gravely. “They’re a very powerful coven of vampires. If you will, they’re sort of the leaders. They enforce the rules and keep our species a secret from humans.”

“Carlisle, do you think that I could possibly get my father back?” I asked. “Vampire or not, he’s still my father.”

“No… no, it’s far too risky. It would be completely suicidal to try and rescue him.”

I stayed silent, and gave a slow nod. “Thank you for telling me all this, Carlisle.” I said. “It means a lot to me.”

He nodded. “Sure, Allia. Come over to my home whenever you’d like. I’d love to talk more about your family and how you’re doing.”

“Okay, goodbye Carlisle,”

“Goodbye, Allia.”

I walked out of the office and headed down the white corridor, my footsteps echoing softly.

It seemed as if I had another thing to add to my to-do list.

Right under “Kill Devin”, would be “Destroy the Volturi”.

It was a damn good thing I had the mind of a suicidal maniac sometimes.
♠ ♠ ♠
I hope you liked it. :)
I also hope that this kind of makes up for the long wait.
Thanks for reading! Please comment!
<3

:3