Status: Contest Entry

In Daddy's Arms

1/1

The banging on the door just wouldn't stop as I rolled over and threw my arm around my wife. The intercom in my room beeped over and over again, my wife groaning in her sleep as she hit my chest softly. "Adam go get the door," She said in my chest. I threw off the covers and walked over to the intercom and pressed the talk button.

"Can I help you?" I asked groggily into the speaker.

"Sorry to bother you Mr. Gontier but there is someone here to see you," Kyle, my security guard said.

I walked away from the intercom and grabbed a handful of hair. I looked at the clock to my far right and growled angrily, who ever it was is going to get a piece of my mind. I wasn't in the mood to pretend to be nice and act patient with them, especially at four in the morning. The only person I wouldn't yell at for being here this early is nearly six thousand miles away, and even then she knew better than to be here right now. We had an agreement that she would stay away unless it was dire emergency, but I knew it couldn't be her. I would have known if it was her or not. It had to be one the members of the band, and believe me if it was them then I would knock them out till next week.

I buzzed the door and watched the lock slowly turn and unlock itself, I grabbed the door handle and swung the door open. The big dark brown wooden door slammed into the wall next to it and rattled one of the pictures hanging there. My eyes squinted as the bright porch light shined right into my eyes, I groaned even more. I shifted my weight from the left to the right and slowly ran a hand down my naked torso and scratched my waist. I lazily opened my eyes and took two feet back when I had realized that it was her, and she was her.

"Michelle what are you doing here?" I harshly whispered, pushing her further away from the door so I could step out of the house and close my door. The wooden door closed loudly and she looked down at the floor and my eyes followed her eyes. There on the cement porch was a baby carrier and bags with a stroller, she had our baby there. Tears brought to my eyes as I looked around and saw no one there so I knelled down and slowly pulled my sleeping son out of his carrier.

"Is he okay Michelle?" I asked, rocking my body side to side. I patted his small back softly as I swayed softly.

"I can't do it Adam, I just can't. I know you and Noami said it would be better if I took Abel but I don't want to be a parent. He cries all the time and I never once saw myself raising a baby, and be single while doing that? No I refuse to do that Adam, you can legally adopt your son and Noami can be his Mother. Abel is to young to understand what I'm doing and he'll forget about me, and Noami can raise this son as if it was her own." She said.

I looked down at my son and felt sick to my stomach. How would I raise a son that nearly tore my marriage apart, how can I even ask my wife to raise the constant reminder of her husbands affair. It wasn't going to happen but I couldn't let Abel just be raised by a Mother that didn't want him anymore. She was right though he was only a few weeks old and he wouldn't ever have to know about the truth.

"Stay the night and just let's talk to Noami about this in the morning," I said, slowly opening the door and walking back into my house. She threw down his diaper bag from her shoulder and stood there on the porch, just staring at me.

"I can't stay because there is nothing to talk about. I'm twenty-nine years old and I don't want nor need a child in my life. I don't want to be a part of his life and I don't even want to know how he is doing. I'm leaving Adam good luck with everything, and I hope your son is everything you ever dreamed of." She turned around and walked off the porch.

I stood there with my 9 week old son in my hands, he nuzzled his face into my chest and cooed softly. I knew that no matter what my wife may say about Abel, he was my son and I would do everything in my power to raise him with love and care. I wouldn't abounded him like Michelle did, I would be by his side no matter what. I grabbed his things off the porch with my other hand and pushed the door open with my foot.

I set his things down beside the door and kissed my son's forehead while whispering in his ear. "Welcome home son, welcome home."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think? It's not my best work ever, but I tried. :)