Everybody Has a Reason

Introduction

Genevieve Scott watched her youngest granddaughter with great care, as she picked at her homemade porridge that Genevieve has made fresh that early morning.

“Lila” Genevieve says softly, Lila looked up suddenly, realizing she had been spoken to. Genevieve smiled but Lila saw the sympathy, the pity in her eyes. Genevieve looked at the grandfather clock, ticking what now seems loudly in the silent kitchen.

“Your Grandfather and I will escort you to the station, if that’s all right with you my dear” says Genevieve sadly. Lila nodded silently and pushes the breakfast bowl away from her. Genevieve sighed heavily and got up slowly, as her back was playing up again. She went to her old sink, pretending to act busy.

“Eve?” says Lila, she never called Genevieve her full name, or Grandmother. It didn’t seem natural to her. ‘Eve’ turned around, facing Lila and looked at her hopefully.

“I’m sorry” is all Lila says, smiling guiltily and leaves the room swiftly. Minutes went by before Stanley, Genevieve’s husband, Lila’s grandfather came through their back door, that went to their back garden.

“Morning” he says, whistling a tune that no one ever knew. Genevieve smiled weakly.

“Morning Stan, Lila’s upstairs finishing her packing. Maybe you should set the car up?” she asks gently. Stanley nodded at his wife, whom he loved since he was 19.

“Right-O” he says brightly, and picked up his mug of coffee which had been put them moments earlier. Stanley noticed his wife’s sad appearance.

“She’s be okay you know, it what she needs. Her own space” says Stanley, it seemed he was the only one who understand why Lila was doing this.

Genevieve sighed “She’s all I have left” she says painfully, thinking of her own daughter. Who had tragically died in a car accident many years ago with her Lila’s father. Stanley put a comforting hand on her shoulder, squeezing gently.

“You have me” he says reassuringly. Genevieve sighed, wishing she could just be happy with that. But she couldn’t. That would be a lie.

---

Lila Scott, was now staring in her vanity mirror, looking at her pale, thinner, tired face. She saw her grey eyes staring blankly back at her. Her lips were thin and pale now, her cheeks had lost colour and her eyes had slight bags under them. She looked gaunt almost, she knew she lost a lot of a weight, just not aware of how much.
It never use to be like this though, she use to have confidence in herself. She use to make an effort, she use to look beautiful (well so people told her). But it’s all changed now.

Lila let a small light sigh escape her lips, and then she looks closer at the mirror, something catching her interest. She turns around slowly, seeing the object that made her heart shatter all over again.

She got up slowly, walking towards the cork board opposite the mirror. The board use to be covered with picture, thousands almost. But now, there was only one. One she refused to take down.

It was her and him. The man she adored, the man she worshipped, the man she wished was still here. Her brother, Drew Scott.

Lila and Drew were not only brother and sister, a clear resemblance between them, but they were best friends, there for each other whenever needed be. Perhaps, it was the fact that their parents died when they both so young that pushed them closer together. Or many it was the little age difference of 2 years? Whatever it was, made their friendship tightly bound.

The picture showed Lila showing a beautiful, full tooth-showing smile of her flawless white teeth thanks to much orthodontist treatment in her early teens. Her skin practically glowing, her eyes shining bright with happiness, laugh lines near her eyes. Her dark brown hair in natural luscious curls cascading over her shoulders. Beside her, one strong arm wrapped around her neck, as in a chokehold. He was pulling a silly face, similar grey eyes crossed, tongue sticking out from his lips and his similar brown hair was in messy tufts, he always messed it up. He never had it in a style, it just stuck up naturally. It was a picture of him that could define him easily: a joker.

Drew could always make her laugh, even in the tough times. He never took things seriously, he just generally shrug it off or laughed it off. Drew was a happy man. A Happy. Man.

Staring at this picture intently, Lila couldn’t help wonder. If Drew was such a joker, a happy man. Then why did Drew, her Drew want to die?
♠ ♠ ♠
I yet again found this on my computer, it's nice.
Comments?
If it doesn't get anything, I'll just delete it and don't worry. I'm still concentraing on my Paul story :D <3