Everybody Has a Reason

Family Love

At the end of the song, Conner smiled softly at the crowd.

“Just to let you all know, that was my girlfriend’s Lila Scott’s favourite song when she was a little girl and I hope, she realizes that I meant every word. I love you Lila.” he says and Lila grinned and felt herself get up, and walk up the smalls steps to the stage and she hugged him.

“I love you too” she says and the mike picked it up, sending a wave of awe’s and round of applauses. Lila chuckled slightly and pecked his cheek.

Conner smiled, his heart filled with happiness knowing he had got the love of the one and only Lila Scott.

--

“Conner! Conner stop it!” shrieks Lila as Conner was tickling Lila at the waist from behind. She was trying to make them lunch for them and Conner’s siblings. Maggie had gone food shopping in Dublin, so Lila offered to sort lunch out for everyone.

Conner smirks as he hugs her from behind. “I can’t help it, you look especially beautiful today” he murmurs, and kisses her cheek repeatedly. Lila giggles and rolls her eyes.

“Stop distracting me, or the kids will get hungry” Lila tries to argue but Conner ignored her and continued to kiss her, cheek, neck, shoulder, lips when he could.

“Conner!” Lila laughs, pulling away. They heard a low, masculine laugh. Paddy, leaning against the door way, smirking widely and in his arms, a four year old Pippin, giggling.

Conner however, didn’t let go of Lila.

“Paddy, what they doing?” asks Pippin confused.

“They’re being lovesick teenagers Pippin. And one day…you’ll never do this because I’m going to shoot the guy that tries to Okay sweetie?” he says in a bright, cheery tone. Conner chuckled and Lila let out a smile.

“Okay Paddy. Can I go now?” she asks hopefully. Paddy smiles and lets her down, ruffling her hair and she skips out. They heard her shout.

“Shawnee!!” shouts Pippin.

“Yeah Pips?” Shaun shouts somewhere in the house.

“What’s lovesickness? IS it contagious?” she shouts and all three of them burst out laughing as she mispronounced her words.

“Why Pips?” he asks confused, they heard him coming downstairs.

“Because…Connie and Lilly are lovesick. Paddy told me so!” she says. Shaun grumbled something and came into the kitchen, seeing Conner leaning his head on Lila’s shoulder, looking over the food and murmuring words to her.

“Oh god, I feel sick!” he says dramatically, holding his stomach. Conner chuckles and finally releases Lila, who had now finished.

“Oh shut up Shaun, let them have their fun.” Paddy chides, hitting his brother’s arm not so lightly. Shaun glared, rubbing his shoulder.

“Whatever, but stop telling Pippin things. She always comes to me to ask what they mean!” he says, whispering the last part in case Pippin lurked anywhere.

“Like what?” laughs Lila innocently. Shaun turned his attention to her. Lila popped a grape in her mouth and leaned against the sides, Conner opposite her, smiling at her.

“She asked me what sex was” he says, Paddy started choking on the water. Conner’s eyes widened and Lila just giggled.

“Where did she hear that!” demands Conner, suddenly feeling protective. Lila smiled, amused by this.

Shaun shrugged “Paddy probably.” he mumbles. Paddy coughed, finally able to breathe.

“What! Why me! I haven’t said a word about sex to her! She’s going to be a nun Shaun!” hisses Paddy, he wouldn’t ever let his sister have sex. She was a baby, she’d always be a baby to Paddy, even when she’s 21 years old.

“Well it wasn’t me!” defends Shaun. All eyes went to Conner, who laughed bitterly.

“As if! I’m with Paddy on the nunnery” Conner says. Lila couldn’t contain her laughter and she started to laugh and laugh.

All eyes went to her “What’s so funny!” demands Conner, getting wound up. Lila giggled, covering her mouth to control herself.

“She’s not going to be a nun, you know that. You’re getting all protective for no reason. She’s four years old. She’s most likely forgot that she asked you. What did you tell her what it was?” she says and Shaun shrugged weakly.

“I just said it was something adults did and she was never allowed to do it” Shaun says and Lila smirks.

“Poor girl, I feel sorry for the first guy that asks her out” Lila says chuckling. Conner relaxes.

“Well, that’s a long time away” mutters Paddy. Lila smiled softly and walked over to Paddy, putting a hand on his shoulder.

“Don’t worry, you’ll deal with eventually. My brother went through the same thing you are now. Trust me. I know” she says softly and Paddy smiled sadly.

“You’re right” he mumbles and Lila nodded and patted his shoulder.

“Now, come on. Lunch is ready” she says and Pippin runs in with Paddy’s lighter, alight.

“PIPPIN!” all three of them shouted, lunging for her. Pippin giggled and winked at Lila.
Pippin was a very clever girl. Cleverer then she seemed.

Lila, chuckling made her way out the kitchen with plates of sandwiches and bowls of crisps. Paddy lecturing Pippin to never play with the lighter, in fact she shouldn’t touch it. Shaun lectured Paddy for leaving it around and Paddy lectured Conner for not hiding it.

Lila sighed as her and Frankie were seated at the table.

“Sandwich?” Lila offers and Frankie nods, helping himself. He signs something and Lila felt annoyed with herself that she didn’t know.

“Sorry Frankie, I don’t understand” Lila says weakly. Frankie smiled though.

He pointed to his eye.

“I” says Lila, guessing. Frankie nods.

Frankie holds an L shape with his fingers.

“L-” repeats Lila. Frankie held up one finger.

“One?” asks Lila unsure. Frankie shook his head.

“I?” she guessed again and Frankie nodded repeatedly, smiling proudly.

He made a K shape with his fingers. “K” says Lila. Frankie nodded and made an clear E shape.

“E” repeats Lila. She took a moment, putting them altogether.

“I like?” she asks and Frankie puts his thumbs up.

Lila smiled tenderly “And what do you like Frankie?” she asks, helping herself to some crisps.

Frankie pointed to her. Lila stopped chewing and looked at him, touched.

“Me?” she repeats. Frankie nods, smiling happily. Lila felt lighter and she smiled brightly at Frankie, and ruffled his brown curly hair.

“I like you too” she says clearly and Frankie grins, obviously pleased. The other three brothers walked in, Pippin on Paddy’s hip. Conner had the rest of the food and Shaun had a jug of water and tumblers in his hands.

“Started without us?” Conner says cheekily, putting the food down and kissed Lila’s cheek, which made her blush slightly as he sat down. Everyone took their seats and Pippin greedily helped herself. Paddy warning her to slow down and save some for everyone else.

“What you and Frankie been doing?” Conner asks, noticing his baby brother’s smile.

Lila glanced at Frankie and the look told her not to mention anything. Lila shrugged.

“It’s a secret” she says and Frankie let’s out a laugh. Conner shrugged and began to eat.

Lila wasn’t just in love with Conner. She loved his family too.
♠ ♠ ♠
Feedback is hoped for :)