Tour Stories

Your Biggest Fan.

We were in the van Zach was sitting next to me. It had become like an unspoken rule: Nathan or Zach were always sitting next to me. They'd run to get a seat next to me, I didn't get it. I had only been here a few days, but it hadn't taken long to click with everyone. The only other girl that was here was Stefanie, the manager. She was nice to me, except when Zach was always coming by me. She didn't like that for some reason. He was just being nice, trying to get me to feel less awkward around everyone.

I had fallen asleep in my outfit from the day before so when we were at a diner for breakfast I snuck off to the bathroom to change. I washed off my face and brushed my teeth. Reapplied my makeup and threw my bag back over my shoulder. I was going to take a shower tonight when we got to a hotel but this would do for now. Before I walked out of the bathroom I dug through my bag again, I found my body spray and squirted it into the air. I walked through it then put the bottle back in my bag. Now. I was done. I went back out to find Nathan waiting across from the bathroom.

"Hey!"

"You got changed?"

"Yeah, I was starting to smell kinda freaky."

"Ah, I see. They were just paying then gonna leave, I decided to wait."

I smiled, "Thanks!"

We walked to the front of the diner to see Zach sitting in booth by the door. "Hey! I was just waiting for you guys!"

Nathan gave him a look, but I pretended not to notice, I smiled and stood between them. I looped my arms through theirs and we stepped through the doors. When we go to the van they let me go in first. They waited outside of the van for a moment, staring at each other. Then Nathan sighed and got in first, he stepped toward the back of the van and joined Dillon who, as I learned, hopped from our van to the other van. Zach came in and sat next to me.

Cameron started to drive. Michael, who was in the passenger seat next to him pulled out his cell phone and began texting people. Zach took a book out of his backpack and began to read, after about... five-ish minutes Zach closed his book and began to sing. He was always singing, so no one even bothered to tell him to shut up.

"You are the amazing, incredible, wonderful type. And I am just another boy in your eyes. Oh well, I guess I'll have to settle for something less. I wish I had what it takes to make here my own." Then he stopped that song and started to sing, "Oh, her eyes, her eyes, make the stars look like they're not shining. Her hair, her hair, falls perfectly without her trying . She's so beautiful, and I tell her every day. Yeah, I know, I know, when I compliment her she won't believe me. And it's so, it's so, sad to think that she don't see what I see. But every time she asks me do I look ok, I say: When I see your face, there's not a thing that I would change. Cause you're amazing, just the way you are." Then he broke down into a half rap half singing kinda thing, "You're so sweet that it drives me crazy. A summer like no other, you're my," he turned and looked at me, "N.J. baby!"

I laughed at him, "You're so weird. And you know it's L.A. baby, right?"

He laughed and nodded before he could answer me someone was singing in the back seat.

"Is there anybody going to listen to my story? All about the girl who came to stay? She's the kind of girl you want so much, it makes you sorry. Still you don't regret a single day."

At the same time we all joined Nathan and sang, "Ah, girl. Girl..."

I clapped, "I love that this is like a musical. Next song!" I leaned back and poked Nathan's arm then poked Zach's stomach with my other hand like they were a jukebox or something.

Nathan laughed and said, "I don't know Zach, what song now?"

I looked back at Nathan, "Spice Up Your Life."

"Dude, yes!" he said.

Soon we were all singing to the next venue and it was truly amazing how a band that sounds so good on a normal basis could sound so tone deaf while singing Spice Girl songs.